Elysian Fields: Something Wicked this way Comes - Elysian Fields

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Something Wicked this way Comes Dora's Masterpiece.. iz..

#1 User is offline   Nymphadora Icon

• Cuar
  • Icon

Posted 28 August 2007 - 12:47 PM

(PERFECT LAYOUT FROM EMMA!!! er... the layout... and the layout from her own gallery listing... if that makes sense X_x)

Stories

Fallen Angel ~ Zendera Matali
Hope and Heartbreak ~ Zendera Matali
A Fathers Last Words ~ Volack Tanili
Mew ~ Coming Soon

Art

Art Thus Far ~ Xanth, Zendera Matali, Poppy's Sword

Graphics

Kaida's Father ~ Volack Tanili

Played Characters

Suka's Journal:: Suka
Kaida's Journal:: Kaida
Kade's Journal:: Arkadios
Wolf's Journal:: Wolf

[Piper's Boutique::Dafont::Gorjuss Stock::Ca-pris]

Images Kate Beckinsale

#2 User is offline   Nymphadora Icon

• Cuar
  • Icon

Posted 28 August 2007 - 01:02 PM

Posted Image

Zendera Matali
Posted Image

Zendera Matali
Posted Image

Poppy's Sword
Posted Image

Sentient
Posted Image

Images Kate Beckinsale

#3 User is offline   Nymphadora Icon

• Cuar
  • Icon

Posted 28 August 2007 - 01:08 PM

Fallen Angel

Reposted from the Chronicles

Groaning, I softly began to stir. The black of the room around me lay thick, my eyes nothing but blur. The gentle buzzing of a strong light reached my ears, followed by the circular white fuzz that hovered above me. My eyes drooped heavily as they tried to focus. Even blinking took effort.

"Shh! She's starting to wake."

"Get another sedative."

"We're going to run out by the time we're through here, Doctor," the female voice continued.

"Nurse... we will never be done here," the male voice responded.

A small pinch make my brow furrow with what little strength I had. My entire body was weak but I felt no pain where there should have been. Slowly the voices around me began to fade into the distance as the light above me blended into the darkness.

"Suka..." I whimpered. No longer having the strength to keep my eyes open, soon I was completely gone.

"SUPPER!"

The voice boomed throughout the halls, followed by the clicking of heels on cement. The small opening to my room slid open, allowing an even smaller burst of light. The tray filled with the usual glop clattered to the ground then slid three feet into my room. Not a moment later, the opening closed and the clicking of feet moved to the next room.

Lifting my head, I struggled to keep it up as my light brown eyes landed on what was to be my meal. Although my stomach yearned for me to eat the slop given, my body could no longer respond with the weakness it held. If the smell and taste of the food didn't cause me to gag, it was my body that refused to take the few steps to retrieve it. Yet my mouth watered as I stared through my tangled hair at the tray.

Moving my arm slightly to reach for the food, I could feel every incision that was made on my body burn in sensation. My will stronger than that of the pain, I pushed forward out of my fetal position, inching closer to the salvation of my hunger. Although in reality I was a mere few feet from my goal, every inch seemed like a mile. And the closer I got, the further away my goal became.

Moving slightly faster in an attempt to stop my perception from spinning out of control, my torso stretched, causing a rocketing pain to shoot up my stomach. Lurching forward, yelping in pain, my reaction caused a chain of reactions, only increasing the pain I felt by ten in each instance.

Collapsing where I lay, my body refusing to move although my lurch had put me in reach of the slop, I lay motionless as tears spilled from my eyes. I could feel the blood leaking from the broken stitches, my skeleton of a wing laying across my body, the bandages threading at the seams.

Breathing hard, my eyes drooped shut as I tried to let the pain pass. Each day had become a struggle to survive. Each day a new test to my strength. The beauty I once held was nothing more than a mere memory as my body had been horribly botched. My once full wings were now nothing more than skin and bone. I was thin, malnourished. Dying.

Swallowing, unsuccessful as my mouth was dry, I continued to lay on the hard floor of my prison. Staring at the gray wall beside me, my only defense kicked into gear, taking me miles away from this institution. Visions of my family filled my eyes and although I had nothing to smile about, one came to my lips. I might have left angry but now I'd give anything to be back home. Anything to see my family. My brother. Suka.

Images Kate Beckinsale

#4 User is offline   Nymphadora Icon

• Cuar
  • Icon

Posted 28 August 2007 - 01:10 PM

Hope and Heartbreak

My hand touched that letter, written just for me.
Your heart and soul lie within, tell me can I see?
There's so much meaning in these little words, I really don't know.
Do I believe what lies before me? No, I didn't think so.

My fingers trace each delicate word, taking in every line.
Such simple phrase takes my breath away, yet I've known them all my life.
The way you tell your story to me, I feel I've lived it myself.
Such pain and heartache and sad memory, it couldn't happen to someone else.

I pull away and look in my life and see nothing before my eyes.
It's hard to know why but my heart aches for you even though you don't know me.
As I lay in the darkness, tears running down my cheek, I can't help but wonder why.
If kind souls like you can be in this place too, what hope can there really be?

Taken again to feel torture and pain, my soul screaming for it to stop.
There's nothing I can do so my mind reaches out, taking comfort with each sob.
You hold my hand, as I hold yours back, although neither of us are truly there.
I shield my heart through these wicked times, for my body I couldn't care.

Every moment I get to myself, I pull out your letter and read.
Each little word brings a new light that before I couldn't see.
Through the screams of agony around me, you touch my heart with hope.
I can only pray through the sound that one of those screams isn't yours.

I pull away and look in my life and for once feel no need to cry.
Every moment my heart aches for you even though you don't know me.
As I lay in the darkness, hope running through my veins, I fight all the reasons to die.
If a survivor like you can bring light to me too, how long before they see?

Every day the torture continues, I grow closer to fearlessness.
Your fate propelling me forward, your words I deeply miss.
I will see you on the other side, my friend, for your light will guide my way
This hell will no longer hold me for only fear can make me stay.

Images Kate Beckinsale

#5 User is offline   Nymphadora Icon

• Cuar
  • Icon

Posted 28 August 2007 - 01:16 PM

Images Kate Beckinsale

#6 User is offline   Nymphadora Icon

• Cuar
  • Icon

Posted 28 August 2007 - 01:18 PM

A Fathers Last Words

Seven years. Seven years, three months and twelve days to be exact. Over half a decade, Volack Tanili has spent locked up in the San Diego zoo. His life having almost ended twice in the begining of that time. He'd nearly lost his foot, trapped within the cage he'd encountered. That barbaric metal contraption. The jaws ripping into his skin, causing a pain he'd never wish on his worst enemy. What was worse, was his daughter hadn't been far off. He had to yell and holler at her to stay away, which only proved to bring man closer to him, alerting them of his presence.

Yes, that day had been horrific. Tranquilized as his foot was released, his limp body being hauled up into the covered bed of a truck. Kaida watching, her green eyes glinting with tears as Volack lost consciousness. His last sight, that of his daughter, before blackness consumed him. He'd heard of hunters in his time. Friends and family disappearing. The horrendous things they would do to their bodies. He'd heard plenty, and in all his 28 years, he'd managed to avoid man, not once coming within hunting range of the two legged creatures.

But what was hard, was Volacks situation. He'd been involved with Kaida's mother, Kuma. Her... condition, or so he called it, provided great confusion in his life. He could sense her presence when there was no female bear around. He knew who she was when her from was manipulated into that of a two legged. The only human he'd ever came in contact with. Although he did not see this human woman as his mate, like he saw Kuma when she was in her animal form, he accepted her presence as that of a non threatening one. Even with that acceptance, Volack never came near Kuma when she was in this state... and because Kaida had been born human, causing it to be her primary form, time with his daughter had been limited her entire life. Although he also accepted her human presence as well, he was not kind to her in this form. Not like a father should be to their offspring.

But none of that mattered now. His heart was heavy in this imprisonment, hope of being free long having left his body. He now spent his time walking around the artificial world created for him, literally thousands of humans passing by and gawking every day. Unlike the mate that had been shoved within his confinements, Volack spent his time hidden within the den, curled up to sleep, only coming out during feeding time and night.

Feeding time, something he'd relished when he had been free. The yearning to teach his daughter to hunt, trap prey and eat them in a way so not to choke. It was taken from him, and all he had now were corpses of already killed creatures. Dead fish tossed within the pen, for fear of Volacks temperament. No, he'd not killed or even maimed a human. He tried, without a doubt, but they'd managed to escape every time. He didn't know this, but it was for the best. Had he actually been a threat, he would have been put down long ago. No, not released back to his home, never released. But killed. His capture had somehow made him unfit to be in the wild again, unable to care for himself after all this time. At least, thats what the humans told themselves. All it was, was a way to make them not feel guilty for the crime they've committed. And although the Polar bear couldn't ever understand any of this, deep within his heart, he knew.

Like every day before this one, feeding time came around. No sound need be made, no notice of its arrival. The time was burned into his body, knowing exactly when and where it would be. Many times he'd tried to go without, wait until night fall to pick up what hadn't been eaten by his forced mate, but there was never enough to satisfy. His bulk had dwindled to a barely healthy size, decent enough for the fake habitat around him, but not enough capable of letting him survive had he been in the wild. No, he needed nourishment, and he needed to beat the female to the feast.

Just like every day, Volack would emerge from his den, spectators all watching in awe as his massive size, even lacking, was twice that of the domesticated female. He ignored everyone and everything, his mind set on eating, then returning to the comforting darkness of the den. The waste cleaner of the birds flocked around over head, his competition in retrieving his food. They used to dive bomb him, until he'd caught one, leaving a nice sized red stain on the cement. A stain that to this day was still there. A reminder to all flying creatures that this was his meal, not theirs.

Like always, his 'mate', arrived second, her primary feeding ground within the man made ocean, showing off for the humans watching below ground. Volack eyed her with disgust, thankful at least she'd learned, and left him alone. The first day man introduced the female to Volack, he'd put her in her place, a nice sized gash having been created along her cheek from their meeting. It took awhile for the humans to introduce her again, but that time, the female knew what was what, and all it took was a single glance from Volack. Its been 6 years, and they have never mated. Not a single polar bear cub being produced within the zoo.

Of course Volack had instinct. Desires and the need to produce. But his love for his mate, probably because she'd been a shifter, was stronger than basic primal instinct. Even if he only ever had one offspring, he'd be happy. Kuma and Kaida where waiting for him outside these prison walls. Volack would wait for them within it.

The sun began to set, people having been leaving the park. His food was gone, and he made his way back to his den to slumber. Seven years. Seven years, three months, and thirteen days.

Images Kate Beckinsale

#7 User is offline   Nymphadora Icon

• Cuar
  • Icon

Posted 12 September 2007 - 09:42 PM

Mew

Coming soon XP

Piper's Boutique::Dafont::Gorjuss Stock::Ca-pris]

Images Kate Beckinsale

#8 User is offline   Nymphadora Icon

• Cuar
  • Icon

Posted 11 May 2008 - 10:03 AM

Hope

Have you ever been told that everything is going to be alright? That... no matter the situation, nor how dire the outlook, that you'd be fine? I've not been told that. Well actually, I'm sure I have, but not in a long long time. Long enough I couldn't tell you who might have told me. But I'm thinking about this, and really, truly, for once thinking about it. And I don't believe it. I can't say why I don't believe it, I just... don't. If someone has to tell you that you will be ok... if things are that horrible... that someone has to literally lie to your face, knowing they couldn't possibly know if you'd be ok or not... then something is really, really wrong. And the possibility that you actually will be ok, it's damn near non existent. But the actual question, the real reason why anyone would ever think about something like this... is why even lie to them? Why do we even accept the lies? When we know that... its fake. How on this earth, could that possibly make us feel better?

But we do feel better, don't we? We do feel that sliver of hope, giving us the courage to take risks, and look at life as if theres nothing to be scared about. And then... when what happens... what everyone knew would happen. When it happens... your devastated. Hoping did nothing, but build you up so you had further to fall.

So why do we allow this to happen? When you and everyone around you knows the outcome, and the devastation from the lie, why do they tell it? And worse... why do we tell it to ourselves? Of all the people who might think that lying to yourself is stupid, we do it all the time. This sick desire to feel comforted, to feel untouchable, it warps our reality to see things as they truly are and prepare for it. Instead of looking at life, and seeing death, we look at it and see hope. And when the day comes that they are gone, your left with nothing, just a shell of a human.

But it doesn't stop there. They cycle continues. As they weep over their lost loved one, another comes up and pats them on the back, and whispers "It will be alright." And it begins once again.

They call hope a cure. A blessing to have and to share.

Their wrong.

It's a curse. One that will infect, and continue to infect. No matter how realistic you are... no matter how many times you tell yourself. Over and over and over again... then you close your eyes, ready to end the day to begin a new. "Maybe..."

Self inflicted hope. The worst of the worst. And it will never change.

Piper's Boutique::Dafont::Gorjuss Stock::Ca-pris]

Images Kate Beckinsale

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic