Elysian Fields: The Hynes - Elysian Fields

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The Hynes (Boston, Massachusetts, United States)

#1 User is offline   Katherine Icon

• Newcomer
  • Icon
  • Group: Retired
  • Katherine

Posted 24 May 2007 - 09:18 PM

Katherine crouched next to the wall of the Hynes Convention Center, a feral growl rising in her throat. The vampire was thirsty, though why she had come to Earth at half past twelve - midnight, that is - was beyond her. Leaning against the cool stone wall, Katherine inhaled deeply. Eris was coiled around her left wrist, the side farthest from the wall, content to simply be curled around her cool skin and stay there. Ignoring the neon lights of the train station across the bridge, she glanced around for something, anything, to feed off of. She knew it was illegal by Elysian law to feed from humans, but she didn't know if there was a rule about feeding on earth animals.It wasn't as if anyone would see her, and no one would think twice of finding a stray cat or other animal dead. Boston was a large city, though not quite comparible to New York City of Las Vegas. Compared to the other towns and cities in Massachusetts, Boston was large. Stray animals were quite common, so Katherine knew no one would think twice over finding one with no visible assault wounds. It wasn't as if she planned to go after it with a knife or anything - she didn't have one. No, it would be as simple as catching a healthy looking animal and sinking her fledgling teeth into it. It couldn't have any diseases, though. Katherine wouldn't stand for that, and it probably wouldn't be too healthy, either.A rat darted in front of her, startling her out of her thoughts, but not drawing a sound from the vampire. Quiet. That was what she needed to be so that she could find something to drink. I shouldn't have come to Earth. I should have stayed in Elysia, wandered the market for another night. . . I could have gotten blood somewhere there. I think the cafe and the pub sell it. . . Why the hell didn't I stay there? Green eyes flashed in the brief light that shone in them as she shifted her weight to a different crouch. She had been there for over an hour, that she knew. People had seen her but made no note of her. Katherine could almost imagine what they must think of her slightly disheveled hair and short clothing.Pouncing out of her hiding spot as a healthy looking cat slunk near her, Katherine snatched the feline up quickly. "I'm sorry, kitty," she whispered, hating to have to do it to a cat. Katherine didn't mind cats and wasn't too keen on hurting one, but if she didn't get blood soon, she feared she might attack a human. . . And that wouldn't be good. The cat began to mew as she lowered her mouth to its neck, causing her to hault. Letting the cat fall gently to the concrete, as she had only been half-kneeling, Katherine watched it run away as if it were being chased. She would just need to feed somewhere else.Or was there really a law about not feeding from humans? With how thirsty she was, Katherine would have just as simply imagined that law. I'll take my chance, she thought, watching a young human male, probably only sixteen, decked out in black and chains, acting as if he was the toughest thing on the earth. Pathetic. Sauntering towards him, Katherine beckoned with the index finger of her right hand for him to clear the rest of the distance. For such a 'tough' human, he certainly came fast enough to a lone woman. Before he could even begin to introduce himself, the vampire was upon him. Thinking it was a game, the boy was all too willing. Until, of course, Katherine dropped his limp body to the concrete.Brushing her hands along the sides of her skirt, she raised a hand to wipe a trickle of blood from the corner of her mouth. "Now what, Eris?"[[Table by Sanura, image from corbis.com]]

<center>[Avatar Image: Kate Winslet]
[Journal][Inventory]

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked