#1 User is offline   Ian Icon

• Untested
  • Icon
  • Group: Retired
  • Ian Thompson
  • Other Characters:None

Post icon  Posted 12 August 2007 - 05:02 AM

OOC: This thread is for Lyf only.

The day was cool and pleasant, a few clouds spotted the sky, which was the color that children always sought to find and plaster on the back of a picture when they drew or painted. Ian’s bright gold eyes examined the sky over the London Eye with curiosity, the easel set in front of him showing the faint pencil lines of a painting begun. He sat in the shade of a large tree, on a small stool he had brought with him. Looking at his the beginnings of his picture he dropped his pencil, eyeing the canvas for flaws. As was his habit he brought the tip of his pencil to his mouth, biting lightly on the eraser, his right hand running through his short black hair. Looking at the small battery operated stereo sitting next to him he reached out and hit the small button up top with two forward arrows, skip ahead a track.

Turning back to his picture he closed his eyes a moment, letting his body find the rhythm that the music provided. Once he found that rhythm he opened his eyes again, seeing things how they were in his mind, the true colors, nothing having words, just pictures. For a moment his gaze was distracted by the splotches of sunlight playing over his tanned skin, and his loose clothing. Then he took the pencil to the paper again, making the last details needed for him to paint.

We’ve been alright up to now, but the air that we breathe is about to run out. We’ve rehearsed our lines clear and loud, but the cue never came and the lights. They never went down. So we’re passing time while time passes us…

The stereo started in on the singing for the song that he had selected, Anywhere But Here, by one of his favorite bands to draw or paint to, Rise Against. Bending to the side he opened a small bag, withdrawing a piece of cardboard and a few tubes of paint, and brushes of varying sizes. From two of the tubes he squeezed a small amount of paint, what would have to be near the end of the white in one tube, and a blue in the other. With a swift hand he used his brush to mix the two colors into the color of the sky. Moments later, and with a way that signified much practice he took the brush to the canvas, beginning to paint in the sky as he hummed along with the music.

I’m so tired and turned around and scared. I’m lying in empty beds again. I’ll wait for you to come to your senses. Barbed wire fences won’t keep me from breaking through. I swear I will for you.

#2 User is offline   Lyf Icon

• Humble
  • PipPip
  • Group: Banned
  • Layla Zenati
  • Looks:20
  • Profile:View
  • Other Characters:Jade, Kaeldra

Posted 24 August 2007 - 06:40 PM

Posted Image

What Happened?

Lyf was remembering old times, times when she wasn't a raving alchohalic. Walking down to a bench, she was reminded of what a harsh reality life was. Jag...he would cheat on his girlfreind who loved him, glancing back only once. Katah and Landon...it was obvious that he loved her, even if she only said he was a friend with benafits. And Janx...he did all he could and his freinds never appreciated him. Suddenly feeling very sad she sat down on the dirt. She had come into the garden only moments ago, using the portal.

leaning agenst a bush, she felt a cool breeze. And felt the need to let all this out. Softly, she began to sing.

"Spend all your time waiting
for that second chance
for a break that would make it okay
there's always one reason
to feel not good enough
and it's hard at the end of the day
I need some distraction
oh beautiful release
memory seeps from my veins
let me be empty
and weightless and maybe
I'll find some peace tonight

in the arms of an angel
fly away from here
from this dark cold hotel room
and the endlessness that you fear
you are pulled from the wreckage
of your silent reverie
you're in the arms of the angel
may you find some comfort there."

Looking at the sky, her mind filled with strong emotions, she kept singing, and you could tell that every word was true, her heart hurt and she needed to heal, needed to find something...someone who didn't make her feel pressured, someone who could help her. She had become a monster. How had this happened? As she sang, silent tears rolled down her face, and she had to choke back a sob. Soon she was sobbing quietly, legs pulled up to her, rocking slightly. She didn't feel safe, and there was nobody who could help. She'd pushed away all of her friends except for Katah, who only saw her Cover. She pretended to be strong, but inside she knew it was fake.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
.:Credit:.
Template Emmie :D
Pics: Gweneth Paltrow

↑§↓ Avril Lavigne↑§↓
Facts about Lyf: She has Bright WHITE hair and GOLD slitted eyes from leveling up.

#3 User is offline   Ian Icon

• Untested
  • Icon
  • Group: Retired
  • Ian Thompson
  • Other Characters:None

Posted 22 September 2007 - 09:23 PM

I'm so tired and turned around and scared. I'm lying on empty beds again. Away from you.

As the song faded into silence, Ian leaned back, careful not to overbalance himself like he had done so many times before in his life, examining the painting thus far. He had the first layer of the sky down, next he would add more color to it, giving it depth. As he waited for the next track to start he heard something else, another voice singing. Thinking to listen to it he reached over to the stereo and pressed pause. He couldn't exactly make out the words, but the song sounded somewhat sad.

Acting on impulse he stood up, rubbing his hands on his paint stained cargo pants. All his clothes were the same, covered in paint. If he looked he probably had some clothes somewhere that weren't covered in paint, but he liked the paint stains. Each one told a story. Turning he checked to make sure that the cardboard he was using as a palette would not blow away if there was a gust of wind, then put the paintbrush in his hand behind his ear, managing to get a light blue spot of paint on his temple as he did so. He didn't notice.

Still listening to the singing he put his hands in his pockets and walked to find where the singing was coming from. He wasn't worried about his things being taken. They were second best at best, and he was deemed a street artist by most, and stealing from one was somewhat taboo, because you never knew when they would be back to reap their vengance. Soon he was where he could hear what was being sung clearly, and the song was definately sad.

Finding the person who was singing wasn't that hard, and when he found her he stood still a moment, debating on whether or not to make his presence known. After a moment's hesitation he strode forward, squatting down next to the person, a friendly smile on his face. His voice was quiet, but fairly confident, as he said,"Hello, Ma'am. That was a sad song you were singing." With the last sentence came a note of concern. Ian didn't like other people feeling down.

Sorry it took so long to post, lots of stuff happening IRL.

#4 User is offline   Lyf Icon

• Humble
  • PipPip
  • Group: Banned
  • Layla Zenati
  • Looks:20
  • Profile:View
  • Other Characters:Jade, Kaeldra

Posted 16 October 2007 - 03:27 AM

Speak to me, when all you got to keep is strong
Move along, move along like I know you do
And even when your hope is gone
Move along, move along just to make it through
Move along
Move along

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lyf was an emotional wreck. No idea what to do, she was sobbing so hard that she couldn't see anything, it was all blurred. She was at her weakest, and most confused whitch explained what happened next. Wanting the presence of someone...anyone. Hell, if a stray dog sat by her, that would be perfect! Her body shook a little with tears, and sobs but they where silent and only a few sounds could be heard. She was taught at a very young age to conceal her feelings, to not let anyone know what emotion she was feeling. Someone could stab her and her eye would twitch, if she knew it was coming. Seh could be the happiest person alive and look like she was being murdered. It was a useful talent, but sometimes she broke down, just like now.

Suddenly she felt pityful and almost cried more. She heard footsteps and felt someone kneel close to her. "Hello, Ma'am. That was a sad song you were singing." she still couldnt see due to the blur of tears, and only saw a brightly colored shape. Out of instinct, she wrapped her arms around the person faster then they could blink and sobbed into their shirt. After a little while she felt the persons arms around her and the tears started to slow. After awhile, they stopped compleately and she stepped back, wiping her eyes. Seeing it was a man who she didn't recognise, her cheeks flared up. "I'm really sorry...I didn't mean to.......I'm Lyf." "

(OOC: Gmod with permish)

Credit: Maykie, Google, All-American Rejects, Avril Lavigne And some basic HTML Guides ^^

↑§↓ Avril Lavigne↑§↓
Facts about Lyf: She has Bright WHITE hair and GOLD slitted eyes from leveling up.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked