• Inimicus Malus
  • Looks:22
  • Race:Newcomer
  • Profile:View
  • House:Pay a Visit
  • Ini
  • Other Characters:Falaris, Jag

Posted 29 November 2007 - 03:41 AM

Inimicus shook his head in his hands and sighed running his hand through his black and silver hair. He was really getting tired of this, of being the amusing awkward outsider who didn't know anything of Elysia. He had no guide to this world, the person who brought him here was only worried about keeping him fed and lying to him about what was expected and normal of Vampires...almost turned Inimicus into a monster had he not been so tired and confused he may have succeded. He left and went to Scarlett who seemed not to care an ounce about the Fledglings unless they specifically came and asked her and even then she did not say much, he had no one and nothing in this world besides himself. Xanth was always there but he could not expect or count on her to answer every little question and tell him about the timless ages of Elysia, she had far more to worry about. He was working this all out himself and he was tired of people sniggering, these censoreds looking down on him because he was from Earth. He clicked his tounge and looked at the woman his eyes missing much of the spark they had a moment ago playing with Faroah staring her directly in the eyes. She was almost bent over laughing when he told her that Himme had almost eaten Faroah, he didnt find it at all amusing personally. He told him not to call him a pet, than what was he, he told him the name was Faroah...who was this woman. She warned him to run if he got the sniffles and after that he could not take this anymore.

" Pardon my insolence if you view at that way, but who are you Dazadi? How do you know all of this, I know you are powerful, but who are you, you are not the Archangel I thought Suka was that, you are not the Aide Dora is that, I have never heard of you but I can see a mighty strength in you, you are obviously a soldier of some sorts...pardon this I have had no one to tell me anything about this world, who are you? "

Behind him Himme was happily bouncing around Faroah seemingly wanting to play as Inimicus stared at Dazadi

Piper's Boutique x Hybrid Genesis
Black Eagle #1 x Candle #2 x Shield #3

CREDIT TO PIPER"S BOUTIQUE FOR BOTH AVIE AND SIGNATURE: http://faroah.com/in...?showtopic=1990
Tanz der Vampir Berlin for Picture in Signature

#42 User is offline   Dazadi Icon

• Xanth's Sword
  • Icon

Posted 29 November 2007 - 04:03 AM

Dazadi didn't particularly care who was insolent and who respected her. She'd flatten people if they got up in her face about something, and she'd put the fear of the gods into anyone who glared at her and Kade just because he was living in her quarters before they got married, but that was on his behalf not hers. It wasn't his fault that the Anyeli population didn't understand that lifemates were as good as married as soon as they bonded, nor was it his fault his house had passed to his mother after he died. Dazadi hadn't wanted to move out of the palace anyway, she'd lived there since she was eight years old, so she wasn't about to let those stares get to her.

She wasn't really one to care what people thought of her, so Inimicus's apology went right over her head. Questioning her, however, had an entirely different reaction.

Okay, so she'd been off the job since she got pregnant with Wolf but that didn't mean he could question her like this. What did it matter who she was or how she came by her knowledge? She'd only intended to help him, amid all her laughter, and he was throwing it back in her face. Daz was not a happy bunny.

"Pardon my insolence if you view at that way, but who are you Dazadi? How do you know all of this, I know you are powerful, but who are you, you are not the Archangel I thought Suka was that, you are not the Aide Dora is that, I have never heard of you but I can see a mighty strength in you, you are obviously a soldier of some sorts...pardon this I have had no one to tell me anything about this world, who are you?"

Straightening and loosing her arms to clutch the handle of her still-sheathed dagger at her waist, Daz shrugged. "You think Dora's the only Aide in these parts?" It was true that for a long time there'd been only one Aide. Namiko, Dimitri, and then Dazadi herself, but Xanth had changed that centuries ago. This guy really was a newcomer if he hadn't heard the tales about them. Actually, Daz was more than a little sore that he'd never heard of her, tempted to ram all her escapades down his throat. So much for not caring what other people thought of her.

Still, this whole thing only proved just how bad an Aide she'd been in the last few months. Xanth had every right to fire her censored but she doubted Purple Head wanted that. Not right after Birdboy retired.

So she took pity on the kid. "I'm Dazadi Rhea," she said, sweeping into a dramatic bow that flipped her bangs into her eyes. "Ex-Archangel, long-time Aide and cunning assassin at your service." Okay, that was way too much information and she was big enough to admit she just wanted to see some kind of reaction. Besides, he'd said he had no one to show him around... not that she was a tour guide or anything. How better than to start with the currently oldest Aide?

« Piper's Boutique » « Dafont » « Aethereality » « Paper Sweets »

#43 User is offline   Verrith Icon

• Newcomer
  • Icon
  • Group: Retired
  • Verrith Nazarik
  • Looks:18
  • Other Characters:None

Posted 29 November 2007 - 04:15 AM

The weak demon glanced at the pair as the vampire was humiliated over the small detail of the strange creature being a pet to Xanth. It made his blood boil to thing that any living being would even want to service her, if it were him he would have to be chained down, whipped, burned, and dismantled before he'd even nod his head to Xanth. As the woman seemed to invite him to the joke, he shook his head and walked towards her, his eyes locked on Faroah. The gold flecks in his eyes gave a unnatural shimmer of his demonic power, which wasn't much, if he were a great demon, his eyes would probably be visible in the dark if he wanted them to be.

"A pet of Xanth? I pity the creature." He said simply as he stopped and looked at the woman, she was indeed strong looking as the vampire said, and if she was a servant of Xanth then it would be best if he watched his tongue. "Or perhaps I hold no pity for the dragon, for he has chosen who his Master is without any pressure it seems. I myself, were the choice mine would decline such a position." He looked at the dragon, perhaps with a bit of fear. But what he feared most right now was the woman, was Dazadi. His eyes widen as she began her introduction. He knew much of Xanth, and that name made his bones tremble but he did well not to show it. An Aide of Xanth, another pet.

A small smile crossed his face as he brushed his hair out of eyes as they shut gently. He was actually pleased with the company he had, never had be been so close to those he despised. To feel the fear he did now was like a rush to his mind and heart. While his mind raced with thoughts, his heart pumped great amounts of blood. It was like an ecstasy he could not shake, and the anger inside of him was brighter then Fae Forest set aflame.

"A mighty Aide." Verrith spoke to her and his shoulders shook in a silent laughter. "It is unfortunate that this excuse for a demon is not quite any company worth your time, but you might call me Verr. Or whatever you like, most do not use my name." He opened his eyes and looked at her. So close to the enemy, but could do nothing about it. Were he a great demon, he would try to kill her.

#44 User is offline   Inimicus Icon

• Noteworthy
  • Icon
  • Inimicus Malus
  • Ini

Posted 29 November 2007 - 04:21 AM

Inimicus stared at the woman in front of him, her sense of power still unnerving him to a large degree, he didnt get what it was about her assasins didnt bother him, or at least the idea not that he had had oppurtunity to meet many, soliders didnt bother him, but this woman had something about her that unnerved him, an almost unnatural aura of fear was instilled in him by her. He saw muscles flexing in her bare arms and lowered his gaze to see her hand clenching at her waist on something he could not see clearly.

" You think Dora's the only Aide in these parts? "

Xanth damn it...

As soon as she seemingly took offense as evidenced by her flexing muscles he knew something was wrong with what he said. When the first thing she jumped to defend was the idea of Dora as THE Aide he knew what was wrong, his eyes widened in fear and he bit his tounge. He swore to himself his mind hitting him for making the same mistake twice with two Aides, he both hated and loved this world in which he was constantly making these same mistakes over and over. Just to show that he was right it seemed Dazadi continued bowing to him as she spoke

" I'm Dazadi Rhea ex-archangel, longtime Aide, and cunning assasin at your service "

One of his worst fears realized as he was assured this was indeed another Aide he had not recognized when he had swore to himself he would not make the same mistake again after Dora his eyes flew closed into slits as if expecting any moment a lightning bolt to strike him dead...well at least he had recognized Xanth. He turned his face up to the sky slapping his hand over it in obvious frustration clenching his fingers together over his face

" Xanth damn it I made the same bloody mistake with Dora! "

As he spoke his eyes flew open and he realized what he was not doing, still doing, and should be doing. As if someone had taken a bat to his knees he dropped onto one knee kneeling before Dazadi, he didnt care about anyones opinions but the person he had just insulted. He lowered his gaze looking at the ground, he lowered his head his hair flipping up and covering part of his face, he had cut it shorter recently but still it was quite long. As he kneeled his cape fluttered around him creating an almost shell around him, he stared into the white snow hoping for a trip back in time as he spoke his voice shaking

" Forgive me My lady, I...I did not know. I just assumed that...i didn't realize there was more than one Aide...I have never seen you around the statue when I was cleaning....that is not to assume that you should be forced to stay by the statue...I just meant...Forgive me My Lady Dazadi, I am Inimicus Malus, Acolyte at YOUR service. In what way may i regain or rather loose some sense of my insolence in your eyes, I am at your service My Lady..."

He was obviously afraid, around Dora he had made a fool of himself, but wasnt afraid. With Dazadi his sense of power from her suddenly made much more sense, not only had she been Archangel but she was also an Aide to Xanth, he had thought of her as a soldier when she was a general, an assasin when she was a Ninja. He was frankly suprised her sword had not already ended his undying life, he expected to feel the cold icy grip of a sword on his neck at any moment because he could sense no nymph in this one, no sense of connection to nature and love as he had in Dora. This woman to him seemed very much a warrior pure and simple

Piper's Boutique x Hybrid Genesis
Black Eagle #1 x Candle #2 x Shield #3

CREDIT TO PIPER"S BOUTIQUE FOR BOTH AVIE AND SIGNATURE: http://faroah.com/in...?showtopic=1990

#45 User is offline   Faroah Icon

• Modest
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: NPC
  • Faroah
  • Race:NPC
  • Emma
  • Other Characters:Xanth, Dazadi, Piper, Kiel, Maaike, Zozeko

Posted 02 December 2007 - 02:52 PM

Faroah was so busy scampering around in the snow that he didn't see Dazadi or the stranger approach at first. He was having a great deal of fun, hopping from one letter to the next, leaving his own clawprints in the snow. Burrowing under the icy flakes then popping out a couple of feet away, shivering in the cold and sneezing happily. His shinies forgotten for the moment, he was far more interested in playing.

And then the voices penetrated his joy and he glanced up to see more people nearby, panicking. He did not trust people. They were thieves and he had left his treasure unattended!

Scampering across the snow, he teleported the last few feet to land on the pile of coins, scattering them every which way. Hurriedly recollecting them, he shoved the last one into a pile, chattering incessantly about thieves, only recognising the Aide when the vampire who had gifted the coins to him started bowing.

Snickering his relief - she would not let a thief steal his pretties while she was around, and no thief would dare! - he scampered across the snow to run across her boot, around her ankle, and then back to his pile. Yesyes, no one would dare steal his shinies with her here! But he wasn't going to risk it, and besides, she had that glint in her eye that suggested she was thinking about putting him on the menu.

Screeching at her threateningly, he clambered to the top of his shiny pile and teleported them and himself to his nest, and safety.

#46 User is offline   Dazadi Icon

• Xanth's Sword
  • Icon

Posted 02 December 2007 - 03:21 PM

Dazadi had hoped for a reaction and she wasn't disappointed, but not before the Zanaryan spoke up. "A pet of Xanth? I pity the creature." Normally Daz would have agreed. She'd scorned Xanth for centuries and had certainly never liked Purple Head enough to defend her. But as the guy continued, Daz got the feeling he wasn't just being scornful and it made her uneasy. Part of her job was to stop threats before they became dangerous but she'd never taken the whole "protect Xanth" thing seriously. She could care less if the egomaniac got cut down to size, so she was more than a little surprised that she was starting to feel a bit protective of the goddess. Not enough to smash him to bits, she doubted she'd ever really care enough about Xanth to be upset when people dissed her, but there was definitely something worth watching about this guy.

There was a bit of scorn in his voice when he said "mighty Aide" too, enough to make her want to go snooping around in his head, something she'd never have used before she bonded with Kade. Yay for her emotional development, rar rar, woohoo and all that. She did feel like she deserved a pat on the back for growing as a person, something she didn't usually bother about but as a family woman she was discovering all sorts of things about herself, such as wanting to be a better mother. Not that she was keen on being in anyone's head except her own and her lifemate's, but she could admit now that telepathy was a handy tool to have. And in helping Kade train for his Black Dragon ritual she'd become accustomed to snooping.

So she filed his name away for future reference, although she'd probably forget it as soon as the conversation was over, and winked at him, gritting her teeth a little as Faroah scampered over to her and ran around her ankle like some kind of freaking cat. She was glad the little terror poofed away, she'd have gone after him with a pitchfork otherwise, Xanth or no Xanth.

"Xanth damn it I made the same bloody mistake with Dora!"

Okay. So the vamp was freaking out again. Clearly he had way more respect for Xanth than Dazadi did, and way more respect for Xanth's Aides than most people did, because he was bowing and scraping like bust a spinal disc. Well, kneeling, at any rate, but it all had the same effect. Daz backed up a step, alarmed, and tensed. Formality was one of those things she'd always hated about being Archangel and it was definitely something she'd thought she'd never have to deal with again. She couldn't stand putting people up on pedestals. People earned respect through their deeds, not because of their titles, and Daz had never bowed to anyone in her life, even when it almost got her killed. The sight of him kneeling actually scared her a little, the great and fearless Dazadi Dacre Rhea, assassin, Aide, warrior.

"Oh, get up, will you?" Her voice was harsher than she'd intended. Normally she liked scaring people but this wasn't out of anger. She didn't like being treated like she was royalty just because she had a bit of Xanth's blood in her. Demigod or no demigod, she hadn't done nearly enough to deserve his kneeling. The only thing she could lay claim to was the blood on her hands.

"Relax, pal, I'm not going to cut your head off just for not knowing who I am, that's ridiculous." The thing about not being around Xanth's statue made her blood boil a little though. When she had been doing her job, she'd been too busy cleaning up the idiot messes in Xanth's name to spend time worshipping here as well. And hell, who wanted to worship that purple freak anyway?

"Godsdammit, I'm not a lady anything." Lady suggested genteel, and she was far from that!

#47 User is offline   Verrith Icon

• Newcomer
  • Icon
  • Verrith Nazarik

Posted 02 December 2007 - 10:53 PM

The demon's eyes wandered around, searching. A sharp object; sword, knife, shard of metal, anything. The chance to make an attempt at an Aide's life was too much to pass up, but as well it was the most foolish thing he could possibly do at this time. With his strength he would get no where and fast, except perhaps meet his death in an informal manner. Not something he really had in mind, but still. While interesting, he would avoid that option that would leave his body laying on the ground to lose warmth.

His attention turned to the vampire, groveling at the Aide's feet like a beaten puppy. It made him sick to his stomach to see someone act like that; to Xanth, an Aide, to anyone. It was merely the bottom line of pathetic. Verr's eyes peered at him, he still felt no threat from this one. Though he was well aware that making a bad enough comment about Xanth or her followers, would probably get the fanatic's hands around the demon's throat without a moment's hesitation. Another option he did not wish to explore.

"That would at least be interesting to witness." Verrith commented when the Aide mentioned not cutting off the vampire's head, that was actually disappointing for the young demon. He would speak more, but it was probably not the best idea. But then again, who was he to listen to his common sense?

"Death, is but a journey, another road in life. There are those, some more then others, who should be quick to get to this path." He said, a quick glance at the vampire before he looked at the statue of Xanth. "Judgment, should come to those who are evil."

#48 User is offline   Dazadi Icon

• Xanth's Sword
  • Icon

Posted 02 December 2007 - 11:55 PM

Dazadi was starting to get censored at these guys. There was the one grovelling like she was Xanth - as if she needed that kind of ego! - and there was the other being a smart-censored. The itch between her shoulder-blades suggested someone was thinking violent thoughts and it made Daz prickly. Verr's suggestion that a beheading would be interesting to witness only made her prickle that bit more because while she was an assassin and enjoyed the kill, she didn't enjoy needless death. She certainly didn't enjoy killing someone just for being a pandering idiot.

She looked the vampire over again and changed her mind. She saw a lot of Kade in him, although at least Kade didn't stoop quite so low. He had respect for all things, including himself, and knew how to treat people without demeaning himself. This kid had a long way to go for that, but who knew, maybe he was on the same path. Still... all that bowing and scraping was beginning to drive her up the wall.

"Death, is but a journey, another road in life. There are those, some more then others, who should be quick to get to this path."

Wise guy, huh? He'd been reading too many fortune cookies, and besides that, Daz didn't agree. She'd been on the brink of death so often, she knew damn well it was no 'road' and certainly had nothing to do with life.

"Judgment, should come to those who are evil."

That did it.

Snarling as she shot forward, covering the distance between them in the blink of an eye, Daz didn't so much as touch him, just got up in his face. Shadow surrounded her like a cloud of doom as she bared her teeth at him. "Who the hell are you to decide who's evil and who's not? Can you see souls? Can you see deeds? Can you see intent? Can you?" She could, and did, spearing into his mind with all the grace of a bull in a china shop, deliberately hurting him as she foraged for the goods.

Sneering, she scoffed, "You think you're the only one with a vendetta against Xanth? She'd eat you for breakfast if you so much as looked at her funny, little boy." Probably literally, Dazadi thought, distracted by her curiosity. What did gods eat for breakfast anyway? She doubted it was bacon and eggs, somehow. Xanth didn't seem the fry-up type. "Leave the judgement up to the big boys." Like her, except she wasn't a boy, but still. It sounded good.

Backing off slowly, still scowling at him, Daz sneered as the tiny tattoo on her left hip started to tingle. Speaking of judgements, she was being summoned.

Dismissing Verrith and his personal vendetta, Daz turned back to Inimicus and tried for a smile, although with the mood she was in right now it probably looked more like a snarl. "Don't bow to me again." Pausing, as if unsure if she really wanted to be nice, she tacked on a quick, "Nice to meet you", as if she hadn't just been about to lay into the demon. Casting a last glance at Verrith, she sped away from the quadrangle in search of trouble.

#49 User is offline   Inimicus Icon

• Noteworthy
  • Icon
  • Inimicus Malus
  • Ini

Posted 03 December 2007 - 01:20 AM

GMOD PERMISSION FROM VERRITH

" oh get up will you "

He always knew he was a relic, didnt so much care anymore Halloween had jaded him, but he could not get how people this powerful should not like the respect they earned in some way. He attempted to tell the angel that he did not respect her because of Xanth thought that was a part of it as well, but because of what she must have done to have Xanth choose her, he doubted the goddess just picked random people off the street and that knot on her arm, seemed far too ornamental to simply be cheap jewelry, he would have to ask about that. However before he could so much as say anything the demon, a young one by the smell of him, spoke up. He had heard that so many times, his father had made him listen to old tapes of the Nazi's, read writings of his ancestory Alptraum, read the writings of Maniacs throughout history and this just pushed him over that edge. Halloween had showed him he could not be weak, not scrape, he would to deities or demi-gods, but never again to anyone else. People like this made him sick, who thought they had the right to decide who lived or died, just like the Nazi's when they killed millions, the people his grandfather had no choice but to join or loose his family.
These people pushed everyone towards death from atop a position of infalibility, afraid of it themselves, or perhaps all too eager for it. His grandfather wrote about one, someone he codenamed Lightbringer, but that one had at least acted of some accord for others saving his grandfather's whole command in WWII. This one seemed to have no accord, seeming to wish Inimicus his death, Inimicus was on his feet in a moment, than he seemed to wish harm upon Xanth, Inimicus growled and took a step forward quickly being passed by the angel who showed herself in true form. She spoke almost exactly what Inimicus was thinking, told him what would happen if he threatened Xanth. Inimicus didnt plan on letting it get that far. The angel turned and grimaced at Inimicus, though he guessed she was trying to smile, and said that she was glad to meet him. Inimicus inclined his head and watched her go, the second she was gone he covered the distance between him and the demon in quick pace his vampire hunter speed taking over as he let his bloodlust cover him. His green eyes turned into hard emeralds devoid of life, his cape fluttered behind him like an ominous cloud, he swung at the demon with his right hand backhanding him across the face and sending him to the ground Inimicus finally for once showing his full strength.

" You think you know death child, you think you know what is right and wrong? What has given you this wisdom you know nothing of death. You sound like scum, no lower than scum, those who are too pathetic to accept life and attempt to find someone else to blame. Your kind killed millions within a few years where I am from, your kind are the scum of existance. You demean Xanth with your words, you petty vendetta, what have you to be angry with her for I do not care. Your insult to her I will not ignore, your insult to me was placed poorly in time, a few months ago I would let it pass, now I will show you the death you so long for. I am a creature of death, I am wrapped in it you pathetic imp it sustains me. If you so think death is a path to be traveled allow me to place you on it so you may join me on my eternal rest stop! "

Piper's BoutiqueDafontThe BeastStarry SkyModelObsidian Dawn

#50 User is offline   Verrith Icon

• Newcomer
  • Icon
  • Verrith Nazarik

Posted 03 December 2007 - 01:33 AM

If the pain within him did not hurt enough from the Aide, ripping through his soul for some sort of insight, the strike that came next was enough to make his mind spin. He laid on the ground and listened to the vampire as the scolding of the angel rang clearly in his ears. He inched himself up slowly, he was indeed hurt by that slap. His neck ached and he felt like his spine had been more than rattled. He laughed as he listened to the vampire.

"You try to speak poetry but you speak of nothing but emotion. They are they same, poetry and emotion- both are a waste of time." He lifted himself up and he slowly turned to the other. "Aye, I am an imp, less than even. For that is what Xanth made me, what she makes everyone. To be below her, to crawl on their hands and knees and lick her boots. That is all you are to her, an animal who she watches do tricks for her. What faith do you have... it cannot be very strong if you have to punish a worthless creature like me for merely speaking his opinions. Your faith is lacking, you have so much doubt in you, its a mockery to Xanth. You are no different that myself! You barbaric beast of death." He spat, mainly saliva but there was trace of blood. He laughed again and shook his head.

"If Xanth is so great, then why does she need others to stand up for her? I merely wish to slay the so-called goddess. If she be powerful I will die and be proven wrong. But if I succeed... I will be proven right. And that is what all her servants fear in their minds... that their goddess is just a security blanket." He growled, laughing hissing through his fangs. "You call me scum but I am at least not the scum that is on Xanth's boot that you have to lick up!"

The young demon smirked, he had no reason to live, why bother protecting himself? If the vampire were to kill him, Xanth would be well served, probably pleased. And he would not have to tolerate this world. In the end, it was a win-win situation. So he had no intention of putting up a fight just yet, maybe after for amusement, but no more than that.

#51 User is offline   Inimicus Icon

• Noteworthy
  • Icon
  • Inimicus Malus
  • Ini

Posted 03 December 2007 - 02:11 AM

" You think Xanth Enjoy's the scrapping, the bowing, you dont even know the person you hate "

Inimicus glared at the demon as he stood, speaking like he knew anything which Inimicus was sure he did not. It was clear to him now what type of death monger this one was, one who thought that by his death something would be made clear, someone that wanted death...Inimicus hated martyrs so much. Death in the end solved nothing, Inimicus had defied nature, Inimicus had given up his humanity simply to avoid the ultimate fate of death and in some way he was afraid of it, not for his own end but for that of his family. Death solved nothing, it ended a life, life solved something if someone tried hard enough to fix what was wrong. This man wanted death, he would not give it to him, he would hurt him, but not give him the death he so wanted. Inimicus knew Xanth would not like this, would not like what he was doing, but Inimicus also knew that if she would not protect her name in her own divine wisdom, than Inimicus would in his opinion. Perhpas this man was right and he was demeaning the name of Xanth, Inimicus grinned

" This is not faith that drives me, it is cursed unlife, lust, and hatred for your kind. Lets put Xanth aside here for the moment, I hate your kind, you are pathetic running towards death like some sort of infectious disease hoping to spread to everyone on the way to your own end. This is a fight between me and you, not Xanth and her acolyte against you, two beings. However I will mention one thing before beating your smelly hide like an old rug. Xanth does not enjoy scrapping, or bowing, does not treat people like animals. She hated my bowing to her, as all her aides do, she does not create people poorly people grow poorly. You made some mistakes in your life, you messed it up she did not create you poorly. You want to solve nothing, prove nothing, you pathetic coward. Death is a pathetic excuse, a last way out for those who lack the spine and courage to fix what is wrong. You make me sick death mongering coward, you are the worst type of person if you think Death is the worst thing. I will not let you die, I will hurt the every fiber of your being and let you live, now fight me! "

Inimicus reached to his waist and unsheathed a sword, he threw it down at the demons feet and stepped backwards. He reached backwards and took off his shield, he would not use his other sword just yet, though he could, he would hurt him, not kill him. He glared at the man the shield glinting in the light of the underground, if he didnt pick up that sword than he was going to get beaten regardless.

#52 User is offline   Verrith Icon

• Newcomer
  • Icon
  • Verrith Nazarik

Posted 03 December 2007 - 02:22 AM

Verr laughed again and shook his head, he picked up the sword, but he was not wielding it to fight with. He looked at the vampire for a moment and shook his head once more before turning away and he began to walk. If the vampire attacked him from behind, he would not stop it nor would he fear it. If it happened, it happened. Struggling would do nothing.

"I'm sorry I wasn't listening to most of that, but thanks for the sword!" Verr grinned, he was getting some enjoyment out of this at least as he began to leave the area. He doubted he would be allowed to leave, either because he took the vampire's sword, or because of his comment. In a way, Verr felt he was playing the vampire right into his hand. A beating was something Verr was used to due to his family and superiors back home. That is why he left.

And so, he was right. The world Xanth had created was filth, created so only those on top would be happy. How cruel a game she has forged to put them through this. He would confront her, in life or in death. Kill her, maybe not, but indeed they would meet one day and he would have questions to ask.

"If there is nothing else my Lord Vampire, I will take my leave. I need money, food, and a place to sleep. I have no intention of laying at Xanth's feet tonight." His shoulders shook with laughter, perhaps he was insane. This was just too enjoying for him.

#53 User is offline   Inimicus Icon

• Noteworthy
  • Icon
  • Inimicus Malus
  • Ini

Posted 03 December 2007 - 02:36 AM

Inimicus stopped, this confused him, but then he remembered:

I am a relic, honor duels werent fought in my time and apparently are not here

The Man seemed unconcerend about death, pain, or anything. He picked up the sword and turned his back to walk away, something not even an idiot would do if they wanted to live. His hand was starting to hurt from hitting Verr, apparently he wasnt as strong as he thought he was, he wasnt about to let that idea get out. He thought for a second, his mind calming itself. He would not demean himself by fighting like this, by attacking a man who wants to die and turns his back. He wouldn't do this, he was not Jesus and would not turn the other cheek, but he sure as heck could spread the good name of Xanth as opposed to the bad name. The man mentions that if nothing else was going to happen he was going to leave to get food and housing. Inimicus smiled, reaching into his pocket he pulled out his wallet, the shield was put softly down into the snow with a soft poof. Inimicus opened his wallet and walked towards the man, he had 4 hundred dollar bills in his hand fanned out

" Then by all means my friend, go get food, got get shelter. The Cosy Cafe is an excellent place for a meal just down that avenue there, the Fox Street apartments are good places for people to find a nice house and they are just over there. Please, feel free to come by any time my friend and I hope you fare well, if you need me just ask for me "

Inimcus smiled inwardly and outwardly, this was great. He knew this would confuse if not censored off the demon, annoyance through kindess.

#54 User is offline   Verrith Icon

• Newcomer
  • Icon
  • Verrith Nazarik

Posted 05 December 2007 - 08:37 PM

The demon stared at the money for a long moment- a very long moment. More like five moments. He finally blinked and looked at the vampire while the money disappeared into Verr's pocket. He merely nodded, perhaps in thanks, perhaps just to not look like a complete idiot. That was highly unusual and Verr had no clue in his mind on how he was supposed to act to generosity. For the first time since leaving home, someone had been kind to him, but the demon was sure it was out of scorn. There was no other explanation other then that.

"I will do just that then." Was all he could manage as he continued to leave. His head hurt as did some other parts of his body from dealing with the Aide and dog of Xanth. Though right now, he felt more at ease dealing with the servants of Xanth. He was willing to admit he was wrong, but he would not do so until he confronted Xanth face to face.

"I still hate you and your Deity." He said loudly as he kept walking, making sure the vampire could hear him. He did not turn around to look at him. "Don't think that a bit of money can solve a vendetta, I will face her one day whether you like her or not. Should it be my death, I will embrace it. Should I be wrong about her... I will embrace that as well. If we meet again, I can only hope I will be strong enough to fight you fairly vampire."

"Fight fair.. Ha! Since when do I ever fight fair? Since when does anyone in this forsaken world fight fair?" Violent thoughts crossed his mind, but for now he felt at peace knowing the the vampire was't going to send a blade through his back.

"Have a good day." Was the last thing the demon said as he left. It almost seemed involuntary, he was indeed shaken by the act of kindness.

((I apologize for taking so long, my muse committed suicide and I had to go find a new muse.))

#55 User is offline   Inimicus Icon

• Noteworthy
  • Icon
  • Inimicus Malus
  • Ini

Posted 06 December 2007 - 12:11 PM

Calm, calm...fighting will do no good you are a relic Inimicus and no one thinks like you do anymore, calm let it go...let it go Xanth doesnt even defend herself against the name calling, how would she feel if you killed someone over it...

Inimicus smiled, a very forced smile but one nontheless, as the demon accepted the money, Boy this guy stunk though, try as he might to force happiness he was feeling very queasy being this close to an apparently very young demon, dear lord Inimicus though he was going to retch even with his nose wrinkled against the smell of what he could only describe as Sulfur. The demon took the money, seeming very confused and thanked Inimicus turning, as he turned he talked about how he still hated Xanth and how he would still face her one day, Inimicus continud to smile his hands clasped behind his back both seemingly trying to break the other they were clenched so tight, Iniimcus gritted his teeth and watched the demon go. As soon as the demon left Inimicus growled very keenly, Himme looked up at him in curiosity Inimicus drew his last sword and with a roar plunged it into the cold ground, the ice giving partial way to the sharp keen blade, Inimicus growled and hit it with his fist each blow driving it deeper and deeper into the ground each blow racking his fist with pain. Finally the sword was plunged in so deep only the hilt and guard were showing, growling Inimicus walked over to the Statue and slumped down against one of the purple marble sides his feet resting on either side of one of the bowls. He sighed and closed his eyes drawing deep supposidly soothing breaths, Himme walked over worried for her master and licked his hand, curling up beside him. As he ran his fingers through his long black hair he sighed again and tilted his head back so it rested against the statue looking at the sky.

" Dearest goddess...how do you stand this. I know you can hear all, see all, know all that happens with your children, know the scorn they feel for you, in some cases the boiling hate, how do you not get offended, get angry? I can't do this anymore, I love you but I am not a representative of you, I am a relic who was taught honor duels were still valid forms of settling a grievence. I am a beast who fights at the drop of a hat, who can kill with little more than a second thought, how many times have I already almost done this...Bella, Bella again, that white wolf in the Fae during All Hallows eve, and now this...someone who wanted to die and I almost killed him. Why did you create us, vampires, was it a plan or an accident, this lust in me I feel it every day...I can't really love someone because it seems all I love is the willingly given blood flowing beneath their necks, but I can hate many people and with what I am I am a danger to every living thing in Elysia. Seclusion doesnt seem to do it since I feel the need for company, will power doesnt seem to do It i already slipped once with that shapeshifter...animal blood doesnt do it, it does have the power I felt from the shifters blood at all hallows eve...I can't do this anymore Xanth, I can't be your representative when I all I see in people are bags of food that on a bad day I will try and eat...forgive me. "

Inimicus stood and walked up to the shield lying on the ground, bending slowly he picked it up halfheartedly. He walked a bit forward noting the marks where Faroah had played in the snow a few moments ago, sighing he kicked snow over it.

" I cant even seem to entertain a little dragon long enough and all I need to do for that is show him shiny things...come on Himme, lets go home i'll give you supper when we get there. "

Sighing Inimicus turned to walk towards the Underground Portal to return to the Dusky Mountains.

#56 User is offline   Xanth Icon

• The Creator
  • Icon

Posted 08 December 2007 - 01:28 AM

"Giving up so easily?"

Xanth's voice appeared before the rest of her, cutting into the crisp air starkly, a hint of reprimand in her tone. A full second later, she materialised beside her statue, her wings hidden but the rest of her as true to her real form as anyone had ever seen her. White Tanakheimein symbols glowed softly across her skin, even shining through the thin lilac fabric of her vest and pants, and her eyes glowed dimly with banked power. For a fleeting second there was sadness in her gaze but it was gone a second later, her expression neutral.

"My dear boy, do you think me weak for not defending myself? Do you think I should prove to him how powerful I am or that I am not the beast he thinks me? Do you perhaps think it will make a difference to him one way or the other?" She moved forward across the grass, her bare feet barely denting the snow, coming to a halt halfway between Inimicus and the statue. "When someone hates so severely, it is unlikely that a demonstration of power or a plea to their good judgement will make a difference. I am not a tyrant, Inimicus, and every creature that exists within Elysia has free will." Unless, of course, they posed a thread, but he did not need to dwell on that. "If he truly wishes to face me, he needs only to ask me himself." Whether she appeared to him or not would depend on why he summoned her and her frame of mind at the time.

Sighing softly, Xanth's expression softened slightly. "I thank you for your stalwart defence of me, Inimicus, but it is not necessary." It was nice to know people cared about her enough to defend her honour but she had become accustomed to being questioned and blamed for every little thing that went wrong. She had made peace with her title a long time ago and as a goddess, it was her duty to take that blame on square shoulders. She would not pity herself... but she would cherish those who liked her wherever they might appear.

The greater issue here seemed to be his conviction that he was a monster, however, and though Xanth usually would direct him to Scarlett, he was her acolyte so she had a personal interest in him. Besides that, he seemed to have lost respect for his queen, though why she could not fathom. Scarlett had done her duty by him. She could not be expected to know when he was having troubles. If he needed the queen, it was his personal responsibility to ask her for help, something she would point out to him.

"Sit with me." Her tone was gentle but it was clear she expected him to sit down as the snow melted quickly in two circles close together. Dropping gracefully to sit cross-legged in one circle, gesturing for him to sit in the other.

[ Piper's Boutique :: Dafont :: Ca-pris :: Aethereality ]

#57 User is offline   Inimicus Icon

• Noteworthy
  • Icon
  • Inimicus Malus
  • Ini

Posted 08 December 2007 - 04:24 AM

"Giving up so easily? "

" Xanthorra..."

Inimicus was much of the way across the quadrangle when the powerful voice cracked across the air, Inimicus stopped completley dead in his tracks his shoulders hunching as if someone had hit him, like a puppy threatend with a rolled up paper Inimicus slowly turned Himme deftly leaping to the side to avoid running into her suddenly stopping master. His mind filled with fear, he knew it was probably a bad idea since his goddess could doubtlessly read minds, but at this point he was a bit afraid. Every time he heard that note of strictness in her already powerful voice he felt as if someone has struck his very blood, however cold it was it burned with fear. He knew she wasn't violent, lord if he hadnt before he knew it now after what that demon had said unscathed, but out of anyone in Elysia, out of anyone alive she was who he considered as more than a leader, but as a guiding figure. As he turned she materialized in almost true form beside her statue, mysterious runes he didnt recognize glowed white on her skin even through her clothing, her eyes glowed with a power than further unnerved him. She spoke, quesitoning his belief in her power, he stuttered croakily trying to speak

" That...that is not what..."

but before his slow speech could pick up she continued telling him something he already knew well enough, had it been anyone else he would have been annoyed at the lecture, but in her he couldnt help but sense deeper wisdom. He knew that hate could not be lessened by a display of power, or a plea for mercy, he knew that. In school he was taught nothing else then about the Nazi's, tyrants who hated so much, nothing lessened their hate he hate been taught that every year he was in school that he could recall. This was nothing new to him yet through her it seemed to be at a level far deeper than what he had been taught. Croakily he tried to speak again

" My goddess I didn't mean to...thats not what..."

She continued, sighing, her face seemed to slump...was it dissapointment? He didn't know, what was it....her voice softened though....was it happiness? She thanked him for his defense of her...she didnt need to thank him for that. She was his savior...well by proxy...the only one left alive who he knew could understand the pain he had gone through, and the only thing that guided him in this world. He knew people cared, Ammanity, Scarlett, the aides in their own way...but each he couldnt fully trust in one way or another. Ammanity was so innocent, and seemingly still so young, she was unused to blood that he knew of worried so much in Alaska she couldnt understand the true horror of his past, and that every person he saw he had to mentally imagine as something other than food to his teeth. Scarlett was his queen and he knew she would guide him, but she seemed so violently opposed to the idea of feeding from sentients and he had done that once since her warning, and every day he felt the desire to feed from people around him since he knew the power in their blood...if he told her that doubtless she would just threaten him again. That and she never seemed to be a queen that was too fond of her subjects to him, she would wander the sanctuary but mainly snapping at fledglings, correcting them, or constantly scowling she never inspired a desire to speak to her. The aides...he didn't know they scared him. Dazadi was so powerful, so trained it seemed, and also so apathetic. Nymphadora he could not think straight around, her beauty wiping his mental defenses away like nothing. Xanth was the only one he could think straight around, trust to understand his past, and trust not to wipe him from the face of Elysia in a second odd as she was the only one who really could. He defended her out of love, devotion, and honor, not out of duty though perhaps it was in some way his duty as Acolyte...he needed no thanks for that and currently wanted none.

She melted grass underneath her and sat down indicating that he should sit with her. Inimicus gulped loudly, and walked over still scared a little, she didnt appear often and when she did he guessed it was something very touchy and THAT was never good since he was the one involved here...as honor loving as he was he did have a sense of self preservation. He walked over and lowered himself to sit beside Xanth, looking down at his feet as his cloak swirled around him Himme came over and sat in front of Xanth her head tilted up at Xanth. Inimicus couldnt look at Xanth, he closed his eyes and sighed.

" My goddess I do not think you weak in anyway, or lacking in power or in courage. I did not mean to question you not appearing I understand the wisdom behind it...I just...i don't understand that self control. I cannot stand insults of that depth to myself even if I know that fighting them will do no lasting good, nor and perhaps even less can I stand insults to those I love...I...I just cannot understand how you do it besides that you are a goddess. I know that shows of power do nothing...I do not mean to sound insolent though I seem to that is not my intent...but you know my mind and my past in your omnipitence. You know how much I have been taught about the Nazi's and Machieavellian Tyrants thoughtout history, I know violence and displays of tyrannical power solve nothing. My ancestor...great great grandfather maybe I do not know...we don't talk about him much. He was a brutal man, he was given the nickname Nightmare by his enemies and his own people...he tortured people publically, put their bodies on display to scare obidence into his serfs. My home still has his torture chamber in it...I know violence solves nothing....this is why I can't be your representative. I share his blood and now...I am more of a beast than even he was he at least was human. I am a leech, everyone is food and smells like food to me, every day I have to force myself not to give into this horrible lust, that damn shifter in the forest showed me the power of blood and now I can't get it out of my head. I am a parasite I only exist through other people...how can I be a representative of someone so forgiving and beautiful when I am a beast descended from murderous beasts who every day wants to kill and eat the people I try to help. This is not easy for me...well perhaps it is easy...but it is also right...I love you Xanth you have to know that by now...you are my only real family left alive...but I can't be the face of you...this might be why people like that demon look down on you. "

Inimicus sighed again and breathed deeply inhaling the cold air from the quadrangle.

#58 User is offline   Xanth Icon

• The Creator
  • Icon

Posted 08 December 2007 - 05:48 AM

Xanth had at first wondered if he would sit down or flee, he had hesitated a little and his mind was clouded with fear of her which she was both accustomed to and found rather odd in him.

"I just...i don't understand that self control."

She let loose a peal of laughter and shook her head but said nothing as he continued. Listening to his thoughts as well as his words, Xanth looked beyond the surface of what he was saying to the deeper issues beneath. He was feeling sorry for himself, lacking in self-confidence, and like many vampires had been brought into the world of Elysia with improper instruction. Inimicus's situation was actually worse than that of vampires usually. They were taken directly to Scarlett or stumbled across Elysia purely by accident. Inimicus had to forget everything his 'master' had taught him about vampires in order to learn his way in Elysia and unlearning was not always as easy as learning in the first place.

There was something of herself she recognised in him as well, the tyrannical ancestry he feared would influence his own nature. She had spent so much of her life trying not to be her father, it was the one constant in her life, the motivation that drove her to rule her realm as she did. She was not always successful in keeping her father's urges at bay. She had inherited his temper, after all, and so she understood Inimicus's concerns. She did not like the way he was speaking as if he could not combat his nature, however, not the fact that he was willing to give up something he had been proud to achieve.

As he finished speaking, Xanth let silence fall over them, turning in the grass to face him, studying his features quietly. She had not intended for her first words to be a chastisement, not in the strictest sense of the word, but it was interesting he had taken it that way. It was interesting, also, that he had immediately feared her appearance as if he expected her to strike him down for his opinion.

"I have had twelve thousand years and more to gain a little self-control, Inimicus. It is not easily come by," she told him quietly. She had meant to fill her voice with wisdom but her words held more compassion and sympathy than they did sage advice. "Think you anything in this life is easy to come by? If it were, there would be no need for deities, no?" She smiled gently, glancing down as she opened her fist to reveal a chocolate treat for Himme which she dropped into the grass near Inimicus's lap.

"In answer to your earlier question, the creation of the vampires was purely accidental." It was harsh news for one already burdened by self-doubt but better he hear it from her than another source who might use the knowledge against him. "My good friend and Aide, Namiko... His lifemate was human and at the end of her lifespan. She was dying. He begged me to save her and because he was my good friend I attempted to do so." The glow of her eyes dimmed with memory as she continued. "It was my first attempt at resurrecting the dead and I have since perfected the procedure but it was too late for Isolde. She is truly the mother of your race, Inimicus, along with the Therians. Unfortunately, she was driven mad by the bloodlust incurred upon her and Namiko... Namiko was forced to destroy her." The entire tale was one she liked to forget, another mistake that had cost someone she loved dearly. And yet it had created the vampire species, a group that had at first been destructive and volatile but now were settling into a more stable culture. The majority of them learned to control their urges and became productive members of Elysian society.

"The method of your creation matters not, however. You exist and in existing deserve to live. Inimicus..." She paused, wondering if any of this would make a difference. She could only speak. He was not forced to listen. "I will not say the bloodlust ever disappears for it does not. It will always be with you and always there at the back of your mind will you see others as a source of food but there are ways to manage it. Do you not think a Therian, in his lion form, sees the antelope as potential food? Does the canine Therian not see a cat and wish to chase it?" Shaking her head, Xanth smiled faintly. "It would perhaps be smart to map out the places that serve blood. The Cosy Cafe is one. Know them and their whereabouts well, ensure that you feed there frequently and carry supplies with you at all times. It is how many of your kind have survived their own... initiation and it is how you will survive it too." Dealing with his ancestor's brutality was another matter entirely.

#59 User is offline   Inimicus Icon

• Noteworthy
  • Icon
  • Inimicus Malus
  • Ini

Posted 08 December 2007 - 06:21 AM

A mistake...

So his doubts, his fears, what he always wondered was true...his race was all an accident. He had wondered how a race who existed solely to feed on other living beings would have come about...only a deity devoid of any love would make them knowingly and evolution could not bring such a being about that he could trace..it would make no biological sense. Inimicus sighed, listening to his goddesses story on how they came about and his mind blanked...the words still came in but his focus was elsewhere. She had done what she did to save someone she loved...he knew that feeling...that was why he was what he was...to save if not someone, save the memory of someone. He knew how memories went...great people were remembered long...but memories faded with the slow inevitable march of time. People died, stories were told less, people forgot simply out of convenience or inattentivness they forgot...it had happened to far more worthy families. His sister in all likliehood was about to be married..he knew her boyfriend's love for her....the Malus line would have continued through her...his brother was popular enough though young...and Inimicus, had he had more self control and been less apathetic...could also easily have married and settled down and the line continud in two directions unto the end of time or Germany whichever came first; that was little in doubt in his mind. The line would not...should not have eneded...the memory of his family since Alptraum (nightmare) was a noble one of helping fellow citizens should have continued far into the future...but one night of greed and violence had undone that...nearly. Inimicus had done what he did to save the fragile pieces of an already torn tapestry, like an artist desperatly holding the threads together...as long as he held on it would exist but the second he could not...no one was around who could repair it and no one ever would be...the line was at its end in Inimicus. He knew the feeling of wanting to do whatever one could to save a loved one and through that the mistake was lessened...Inimicus had made the same sort of mistake...to let rise to this life out of fear of not his own death...but that of loved ones. Inimicus was an alcoholic...was...was a misogynst to the best of them and a playboy, he didnt care about his own death...but his family was not him and he could not let them die.

With this thought he jerked back to reality and noticed Himme happilly nibbling on a treat curled beside his lap like a soft white blanket. He listened to her speak of his bloodlust, how it would never go away and smiled. In some way it was a bitter comfort to know...even if the knowledge was not good at least he knew and could plan. Knowing he would always have these urges just as strongly...it was sad...but at least he knew. As Xanth finished speaking Inimicus thought, letting silence settle again. When he spoke it was slow and in thought.

" Were I older and more knowlegable I would say I know your pain my goddess...as it is I may only know a bit of the feeling you felt with the undeath and eventual destruction of Isolde...i know the pain of trying to save something you love so much that in doing so you destory a part of what it was you loved. In a way it is a comfort to finally know through the mysts of lies the truth of why we exist...though a sad tragedy at least I know. I had hoped however foolishly that the lust would go away...it appears it will not and I need to learn to deal with that. However I cannot be around people so much...you learned in 12,000 years to have your self control...though I have an unlimited amount of life i do not wish to wait 12,000 years when truly everything I have ever known will long since be ash and dust with only me to remember it...I am already a relic in how i was raised. I need to be away from people...only then can I push this lust to the back of my mind as opposed to the forefront where it now resides. Always pulsing and pushing at my fangs....I can't even be around people I love...or are in love with...without the strong desire to feed on them. Halloween was the key example...a time when I could not get away and it was so easy for me to loose myself. I need time to learn this control, or at least a modicum of it. I will collect some animal blood to last me...it will help me survive as you have said my goddess.
You said Isolde was also the mother of Therians? So they are related to vampires? Hmmm...maybe it was just the blood of a therian that held such a power in its closeness to my own and not that of all sentients..."

Inimicus was lost in thought again, thinking of that night in the forest of the white wolf therian he had fed from. Of Ammanity's face when he returned, of his own horror with himself. Hopefully it would not take long to be able to control his bloodlust to a degree when it would not be a problem every second of everyday if it would never cease to be a problem in part.

#60 User is offline   Xanth Icon

• The Creator
  • Icon

Posted 08 December 2007 - 07:19 AM

Xanth shook her head sadly as he continued to talk about leaving society. It was his choice of course but she sincerely doubted he would ever learn to control his appetite by avoiding it. It was something all vampires were forced to learn else perish. In avoiding their bloodlust, they became the very monsters they fought not to be. At least he was prepared to feed instead of avoiding the issue entirely as some fledglings chose. Xanth would hate to see him hunted down by a Shadow Warrior or even Dazadi.

"You would be surprised how many vampires learn to enjoy their bloodlust," she offered, seemingly randomly, as she thought of Dazadi's son Amadeus and his odd relationship with his vampire girlfriend. They thought no one knew how she fed and that was actually quite true, except for Xanth herself. She checked in on Amadeus from time to time, out of curiosity and concern. He was the first offspring to an Aide and as such an experiment all his own. So far he had not displayed any of his mother's Aide powers but he had Xanth's blood in him. As diluted as it was, it likely would never affect him but she wished to know the second it did if it ever became an issue. And so she snuck peeks into his life, frowned at his youthful behaviour, and shook her head knowingly at his antics. Piper Kin was lucky to have such a willing donor, though even then Xanth wondered if she had truly come to accept her bloodlust or if she was merely caught up in the romance of it all. Either way, that kind of feeding was not an option for Inimicus. If only he could see that being a vampire did not make him a monster.

"Perhaps it is time to meet other vampires, Inimicus. Perhaps they can help you to find your path." She stood fluidly, coming to realise that whatever he had wanted when he called to her, it had not been advice. He was set on his path and perhaps it was the right one for him. Perhaps he would eventually see that running away was not the best option. In the end it was up to him.

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked