#161 User is offline   Tom Icon

• Eminent
  • Icon
  • Group: Retired Veteran
  • Tom Caye
  • Race:Newcomer
  • Other Characters:Namiko, Maximus

Posted 12 December 2006 - 06:07 PM

Tom frowned with concern as Piper spoke. She sounded weaker, uncertain than before. He suspected that recent events had taken more out of her than they'd thought. Touching her shoulder lightly, Tom leant towards Piper, lowering his voice.

"If you're tired, I'll take you home, and come back afterwards. I know you don't want me to do this, but I at least want to know who he is." Tom said, biting his lip. He wanted to promise her that he wouldn't lay a finger on the thug until he was better, but did he have the self control? Piper was one of the two most important things in his life-surely he could keep this promise.

"I swear, I won't lay a finger on him." He continued, knowing he had to stick to his word.

"At least until I'm healed." He added as an afterthought. He wrapped his arm gently around her shoulders.

"Do you want to go home, or shall we wait a little longer?" Tom asked, enjoying how close and warm Piper was.

#162 User is offline   Chenoan Icon

• Lore Master
  • Icon

Posted 13 December 2006 - 03:28 AM

Chenoan's whole body tingled at Dora's touch. Feeling her nails in his hide Chenoan nearly flinched at the undue pressure to a sensitive area. Feeling Dora's body held flush against his between his wings Chenoan wanted to smile with all of his might.

Running towards the edge of the building, Chenoan jumped and waited a second or so before letting his wings catch the rushing winds. "We're off then!" Chenoan said, his voice portraying his happiness better than he could try to with words. Heading for the portal, Chenoan disappeared into the vortex, heading for who knows where.
Posted Image
Sig and Av images: Keith Urban ~=~ Brushes: Aethereality

#163 User is offline   Dialto Icon

• Humble
  • Icon
  • Group: Retired
  • Dialto Amoreh
  • Other Characters:Unknown

Posted 14 December 2006 - 04:41 PM

{OOC: I'm lazy. :P But you already knew that}

Dialto was a bit worried when he heard the man speak, and his face showed it. Complications? That's never good.

He was about to reply when he heard a loud bang from inside the building. He moved to look around the man to see what was going on. He only saw a couple, who looked perfectly calm as one of them spoke. Aiden, I think Dora has taken a leave of absence.

Dialto looked at the man in front of him (Aiden?) a little suspiciously. What was going on in there exactly? And had Dora just been there. Oh well, I suppose it's good that Aiden?'s taken over the case...

He looked at Aiden for a bit, until Aiden spoke again. Is there anything you need? Or know and want to tell me?

I wish I knew something, he thought, sadly.

Finally, he spoke. Well, I know Belle, but not very well. I was the one that.. erm.. carried her out of the forest. He sighed. I suppose you could say, that on some level, it's my fault. He regretted it as soon as he said it, and cringed slightly. You don't confess to things at a police station! Especially if you haven't done anything. Good one, Dialto.

Speaking quickly, he said I'm just trying to find out if you have any information on Belle. I haven't heard anything about her, and it's been a while... He looked at Aiden hopefully.

Image from Soul Calibur 3, Sig by Chenoan

Inventory

Av from here.

#164 User is offline   Piper Icon

• Legendary
  • Icon

Posted 15 December 2006 - 06:02 PM

As Tom bent his head toward hers, Piper lifted her face to look at him, smiling softly.

If you're tired, I'll take you home, and come back afterwards. I know you don't want me to do this, but I at least want to know who he is.

He was so considerate she wanted to kiss him. But she didn't want him to do this alone, not if she could help it. Even if he had to find the attacker, she wanted to be with him.

I don't want to leave you alone, Tom. Please? Let me come with you?

He bit his lip and looked uncertain. I swear, I won't lay a finger on him.

She nodded. She hadn't known him very long but she trusted him, deeply. Even though he'd lied, by omission if nothing else, to her in the beginning, he'd had his reasons and he was too careful of her, too caring, for her to not trust him. I still want to come with you, though. Even if it meant feeling worse than she already did. Maybe it was part of her own need for some kind of... ending, but she wanted to be there, no matter what.

At least until I'm healed.

Piper almost smiled at the way he said that. Hopefully he meant that he'd wait until he was healed before doing anything, that way she could heal too and be there with him without endangering either of them.

He laid his arm around her shoulders and she breathed him in, resting her forehead against his chest, wrapping her arms around his waist.

Do you want to go home, or shall we wait a little longer?

Lifting her head just long enough to speak, she said, I'd like to go home? And then tomorrow... or the next day, maybe - we can come back and find out who he was.
Posted Image
aethereality x piper's boutique
please pm me on xanth <3

#165 User is offline   Tom Icon

• Eminent
  • Icon
  • Tom Caye

Posted 15 December 2006 - 06:25 PM

Tom nodded and stood up with some discomfort, taking Piper's hand. He called over to Aiden.

"Aiden. We're gonna head home now, since you seem busy. I'll be back in a day or two." He hoped he didn't seem rude, interrupting the shifter like that. All the same, it was disappointing that he hadn't been seen today-it seemed Aiden was the only member of the MPD who'd decided to go to work today. Still, there wasn't much Tom could do about it.

"Ready?" Tom asked, looking down at Piper.

#166 User is offline   Aiden Icon

• Eminent
  • Icon

Posted 16 December 2006 - 05:58 AM

The demon didn't know Belle very well, but he carried her out of the forest? For what reason and under what condition? "Dialto, right?" he asked before continuing, "Dora told me that you were one of the first people to reach the scene of the crime. Can you describe the events? And when did you carry her out of the forest?" The demon most likely brought her to safety after discovering her, but Aiden had to make sure. "And why is it your fault?"

Hearing Tom, he turned toward the couple and smiled weakly. "Sorry," he said, "If you want me to, I'll drop by your store later on today. Ask what's going on and all." While the couple was here first and had probably waited for a while, Aiden had to talk to Dialto. Here was probably the person most related to Belle, and he needed all the information he could get.

#167 User is offline   Piper Icon

• Legendary
  • Icon

Posted 16 December 2006 - 07:16 PM

As Tom stood she noticed he seemed a little stiff and knew it was the right thing to do, going home. He needed to heal as much as she did.

Ready?

Nodding, wrapping her arms around him again. She wasn't sure who was holding who up, or if they were propping each other up in return. She just knew it was nice to be so close to him, and she never wanted to let go.

Sorry. If you want me to, I'll drop by your store later on today. Ask what's going on and all.

Smiling vaguely at the officer, Piper wondered if she could tell him no without upsetting Tom again. She wanted to be there when he found out who the guy was, but she still hadn't brought herself to enter the pet shop yet. But Tom had promised... and she trusted him. So she didn't say anything, except, looking up at Tom, Ready.
Posted Image
aethereality x piper's boutique
please pm me on xanth <3

#168 User is offline   Dialto Icon

• Humble
  • Icon
  • Dialto Amoreh

Posted 17 December 2006 - 02:24 AM

Dialto sighed heavily and shifted his weight as Aiden spoke. He didn't want to think back to that night. Everything was just so... horrible.
When Aiden finished speaking to the couple inside, Dialto sighed again. Please, I'm just here for answers. I just want to know where Belle is so I can see her. I really don't want to answer questions. Haven't I told Dora all this already? Please. Dialto looked at Aiden, his eyes heavy and sad. The few bits of energy he had left were completely gone. He just felt zoned, and he was sure he looked it.

Inventory

Av from here.

#169 User is offline   Tom Icon

• Eminent
  • Icon
  • Tom Caye

Posted 19 December 2006 - 08:46 PM

Tom started walking when he heard Piper's confirmation, leading her to the door. He opened it for her and waited until she'd stepped through it before letting it close with a gentle click. As they began to walk down the street, Tom painfully looped his arm over Piper's shoulder, pulling her into his body.

"Shall we go home Pip?" He asked her, inhaling the scent of her hair as he spoke.

#170 User is offline   Aiden Icon

• Eminent
  • Icon

Posted 20 December 2006 - 12:35 AM

Withdrawing his notebook, he sighed and looked up from the list of notes. It seemed sufficient, but Aiden would prefer getting more information from the demon. One more try..."I hear it's a custom for the vampire leader to take the newly turned..." he said vaguely, for he didn't know much more.

"Before you leave, could you please tell me what her attacker looked like? If you saw? Or describe anyone suspicious?" he waved the notebook, "I like to know as much as I can."

#171 User is offline   Dialto Icon

• Humble
  • Icon
  • Dialto Amoreh

Posted 29 January 2007 - 02:18 AM

{OOC: Blah. Forgot I was here, Sorry.}

Dialto ran his hands through his hair. He just wanted to leave. He couldn't even remember most of the details anymore.

When he spoke, it was slow, and he sounded confused. I-I think he was short-ish, with dark hair. He stopped, shaking his head. Listen, I don't know. I told this all to Dora right after it happened. I just wanted information. I think I have to go home now, get some rest and stuff. I'm sorry I can't help anymore. Dialto turned, and shuffled away from the police department, back to the demon sanctuary.

Inventory

Av from here.

#172 User is offline   Nymphadora Icon

• Cuar
  • Icon

Posted 05 March 2007 - 12:28 AM

(Ooc: If ya dont mind, I'm gonna have the room be empty. Will be easier for what im about to post)

Nymphadora walked into the MPD ready to be drowned in paperwork. It's not that she wanted to do it or anything, its just that she knew it had to be done. She couldn't leave for months, then come back and expect it all to be done for her. And, she was right. Zephyr had gone on the quest as well, and that left only Aiden to handle everything.

Closing her eyes, feeling sorry for her co worker, Nymphadora pushed on to her desk. Sure enough, a stack of papers sat there, needed her direct approval and sealing. Zephyrs desk looked the same. The entire office looked like storm had hit it. She couldn't blame Aiden. His own desk too looked a mess. It was simply just too much for one person to handle.

Letting out a breath, Nymphadora sat in her chair and began. It was all tedius. Things needing to be signed, filled out, filed. Sent out, and put away to be sent out later. Entered into the computer, or printed out. She put those files to the side for now, not even wanting to know what work she had on her computer that probably been piled up. Emails, faxes. Her poor printer had spilled over with documents. Looking at it with a lip pulled up, it was out of both paper and ink.

Letting out a sigh, she looked at the mess before her. She'd only just started, but she was too tired to do any more. Slowly, she began to pack it up to take home. Shed sort it out there, then bring it back and put it all away. That way she could relax a bit while she got her job done.

After everything was all set up to take home... messy as hell, but good enough for transfer, Nymphadora walked over to Aiden's desk. His was much much much neater. He probably on had about a quarter of the work both her and Zephyr had. it just went to who how much had happened since they'd been away. Sitting down, she clicked on the computer, relieved to see nothin pop up and attack her. His printer was in order as well.

Setting out, she created a flyer asking for people who would be intrested in becoming an officer. It would be hard to find someone up to the tasks, but it needed to be done. If something like this happened again, she wanted them to be ready.

Within minutes she printed out 100 flyers. After a quick phone call to the newsboy, she placed the flyers in a folder and a 20$ bill. Walking out of the MPD with her own suitcase, she left the flyers on the ground proped up against the door, ready for the boy to come and post them. Inside was his payment for doing so. She should be expecting a phone call soon. She'd left her home phone, and the MPD office. If someone answered to the add quickly, she'd hire asap. She'd need help fixing the mess that had become the MPD.

(Ooc: The job has been filled by Scarlett, this is just a way to RP her into it, as she is an IC MPD. Please no one else respond to the fiction flyers. Thanks ^_^ )

Images Kate Beckinsale

#173 User is offline   Maximus Icon

• Eminent
  • Icon
  • Maximus Mills
  • Looks:29
  • Race:Human
  • Profile:View
  • Abilities:View
  • Nattie
  • Other Characters:Tom, Namiko, Lucas, Colby

Posted 16 July 2007 - 01:02 PM

Max gently opened the door and closed it behind him with an almost silent click. Still inwardly glowing from his exchange with Xanth, a small smile remained on his face. He knew that there were undoubtably many awkward encounters with old faces around Elysia, but he felt upbeat, as if these meetings wouldn't be as uncomfortable now that he had Xanth's blessing to be back amongst them. No doubt others wouldn't be as forgiving as her, but Max wasn't altogether sure that he cared that much. What was important to him now was finding a job and getting back to his flat; and of course having a chocolate shake at the Cosy Cafe.

Max took a step towards the desk, his footstep echoing around what appeared to be an empty station. He frowned. He couldn't recall meeting this Arkadios that Xanth had spoken about, but had assumed he'd be found here at the police station, or at least someone there would be able to tell him where the mysterious Chief of Police was. Even a description of him would be better than nothing. He cleared his throat, and swiftly walked over to the nearest desk.

"Hello?" He called out curiously, wondering where everyone was. The last he'd heard there were three active MPD officers, but not one of them were in the unlocked station? The desk he stood at had papers strewn across it; not very secure. Max resisted the temptation to take a glance at them and instead spoke out again.

"Is anyone here?"

Max stood and waited for a few moments, but realised it was pointless. There was clearly nobody around. With a sigh, he turned and exited the station.

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked