Elysian Fields: A Touch of Home - Elysian Fields

The Quadrangle

The quadrangle is a pretty little square in New Alexandria. Overhung by chiolen trees at each corner, Xanth's Statue sits at the centre of a clean-cut grass quadrangle.

Please read the full description before posting.
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

A Touch of Home Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Loranth Icon

• Humble
  • Icon
  • Group: Retired
  • Loranth Tiamati
  • Looks:20
  • Race:Newcomer
  • Profile:View
  • gwennie
  • Other Characters:None

Posted 24 March 2008 - 10:22 AM

¤ PB ¤ Dafont ¤ Sparkling Tea ¤ Aethereality ¤ Evangeline Lily ¤

Loranth made her way to the statue she should have visited the first day she arrived in Elysia. Thinking back to that day, she cringed inwardly at how awkward her first use of a portal had been, at how tearful her mother was when she sent Lora on her way, and how fearless Lora had told herself she must be in order to go through with things. It was silly, really. Even if she wasn't human, she still had the same emotions and fears as one, and on Earth they had that overused saying, you're only human. She told herself that as she approached the sacred place, and tried to prepare herself mentally for seeing the Goddess's statue for the first time in her life.

Although her mother always kept a miniature version of the statue, Lora wasn't prepared for the beautiful craftsmanship of the original one that she stood before now. She was amazed at how lifelike it was, and how the air around it seemed to be full of power. Sinking to her knees, she stared up at the face of Xanthorra with mixed emotions.

First, guilt washed over her. Guilt for leaving her mother, guilt for neglecting to visit Her sooner, guilt that she hadn't brought anything of value with her as an offering for this visit. Then came the feeling of being slightly homesick, because being in this place reminded Lora of home, and of her mother. She reprimanded herself again for not coming sooner. Finally she tried to let go of the negative feelings and looked deeper for the inkling of peace that was starting to grow as she opened her spirit and mind in the hope that perhaps the Goddess would reach out to her on this visit.

She had often heard her mother speak of how the Goddess had guided her path in life, and although Lora never thought she felt this directly, she did feel a strong sense of connection and loyalty to Xanthorra. She was raised in reverence to Her ways and would make a vow today to continue on this path in her adult life. It was time for Lora to decide for herself what faith she would follow, and she had come to pay her respect to her Goddess in person.

Still kneeling, Lora brought her hands together in the form of prayer, palms touching. She brought them up to her forehead, then to her lips, and then to her heart and bowed her head and tried to concentrate on her purpose in Elysia. She wanted to find her roots, learn about her race and culture, and realize her mission in life.

Lora heard the words of a song come to mind, I can't offer you the future - I don't know it myself. All I can offer you is me. She hoped the Goddess was listening to her prayers and determined to make two visits daily to Her statue, as she had been raised to do. Please take care of my mother while I'm away as well, watch her as you've always watched, and make use of me how you will, Xanthorra. I place my feet upon your path, and trust that you will guide me.

OOC: Lyrics from the song, One Day by Op Shop

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked