Elysian Fields: Heaven or Hell (Xanth + Inimicus) - Elysian Fields

The Quadrangle

The quadrangle is a pretty little square in New Alexandria. Overhung by chiolen trees at each corner, Xanth's Statue sits at the centre of a clean-cut grass quadrangle.

Please read the full description before posting.
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Heaven or Hell (Xanth + Inimicus) Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Inimicus Icon

• Noteworthy
  • Icon
  • Group: Retired
  • Inimicus Malus
  • Looks:22
  • Race:Newcomer
  • Profile:View
  • House:Pay a Visit
  • Ini
  • Other Characters:Falaris, Jag

Posted 21 May 2008 - 01:48 AM

((I set this apart from my other one because this is not him doing his job as Acolyte))

There are some decisions that are hard to make for everyone. Decisions that people go into life hoping they never have to make and avoid making if possible, Inimicus was no different then these people. However his life seemed to not want to allow him to make easy decisions...a cursed life or death, rouge or straight vampire, lover or friend, life or death again, beast or man, life or death yet again and now this.

Since his time in Germany when his life was nearly ended only to be saved by Nymphadora he had been thinking harder, about something he had always been thinking of. There was a value to life, a value to letting people live...but there was also a greater good to consider above these lives.

Inimicus was king of the vampires, though they were not well organized it was still a position that entailed certain duties for him. For Inimicus however these were not only duties but things he felt needed to be done. On Earth one of the most, if not the most, feared monster was the Vampire...horror stories and movies featured them almost as much as they featured credits, stories from almost every culture around the world featured these monsters and ways to kill them. In Elysia the myths were not around, but the fear and hatred was...Vampires were viewd in constant suspicion. This was not the fault of the vast majority of the Vampire Race who fed only on donated blood or that of animals, but the fault of a small group of Rouges who felt Vampires should use their strength to take their life drink from the unwilling.

Were Inimicus a different man he might have done this long ago, done what he had decided to now do. However Inimicus was German, he came from a culture and indeed a family soaked in the blood of genocidal purges. Though his family and the vast majority of his culture had been unwillingly forced to do so, they were still put under the shame of what the Nazis had done. The Nazi's had wiped out in purges Gypsies, Jews, and many other races....his grandfather had been an SS officer his godfather had been a guerilla operative for the Nazis....his history was already soaked in the blood of purges.

Still he had been faced with a hard decision and he had made it. These rouges had harmed Elysia and Vampire culture for too long, their threat only grew every day and it needed to be dealt with now. Still this involved a major change to his life, he was no idiot and Inimicus knew that people would either praise him or look down at him for this. Those who would look down at him would probably be the people he held most dear, Xanathorra...Nymphadora...but it needed to be done and if his life was ruined for it then he would at least be known for trying to make a change. Still there was one important person to him he could not drag into this by association. That was why he was now standing in front of Xanth's statue looking up at his goddess

" Xanathorra...please I am sorry for summoning you....but I need to talk to you and it really cannot wait."

Piper's BoutiqueDafontThe BeastStarry SkyModelObsidian Dawn

CREDIT TO PIPER"S BOUTIQUE FOR BOTH AVIE AND SIGNATURE: http://faroah.com/in...?showtopic=1990
Tanz der Vampir Berlin for Picture in Signature

#2 User is offline   Xanth Icon

• The Creator
  • Icon

Posted 25 May 2008 - 12:40 PM

Xanth's expression was grave as she appeared before Inimicus. There were no theatrics this time, no pretense of being someone other than herself. Her wings, normally vibrant and magical when in full view, now drooped slightly as if they bore the weight of the world, their colour leeched into a dark purple mist that hung about them like a diaphanous shroud. Her hair curtained her face, hiding her solemn eyes from view as she stood before the Vampire King, her head tilted sadly.

"You know I cannot condone this." She did not wait for his explanation or any apologies he might make. In truth, she had almost expected him to make this decision from the very beginning of his term in office, not because of any inherent violence within him but because of his deep sense of guilt and responsibility. He felt this was the only option and perhaps he was right. Rogues had always been a problem - for the vampire race and beyond - and the heavens knew the Shadow Warriors were no doubt tired of the chase. Xanth could not blame Inimicus for taking this course of action, but nor could she encourage it.

She wondered, studying his face, if he realised this battle would never end. Though the vampires were evolving rapidly with each new turning, the need for blood as the root of their survival would always bring with it suspicion and death. There would always be those vampires who thought themselves better than their prey, and yet more who simply lost control in the heat of feeding.

Even so, perhaps he had the right of it. A campaign such as this may be a preventative measure, if nothing else, scaring the rogues into a period of good behaviour. The possible outcome was worth the attempt, at least.

#3 User is offline   Inimicus Icon

• Noteworthy
  • Icon
  • Inimicus Malus
  • Ini

Posted 25 May 2008 - 03:41 PM

Xanth appeared in front of him with no fanfare, no special effects, just as her. If it wasn't for the fact that he had prepared himself for the possibility of worse this erie lack of humor from the child-like goddess would have scared him beyond need for words. He had entertained the possibility, however remote, she would come down ready to smite him for what he knew she could tell he was about to do and because of that this did not scare him...however it did make him sad.

He was used to displays of humor from Xanth, and though he knew she wouldnt be doing that in this situation it was off-putting. Her wings were nothing special anymore, just purple wings which hung like dead weight from her back, no sparkles hovered around her body or her hair which hung in front of the normally beautiful and shimmering eyes which he could no longer see. Her head was tilted sadly as she looked at him and spoke.

"You know I cannot condone this"

Inimicus closed his eyes and shook his head sadly, slowly before speaking. He looked up at where the goddess's eyes would be and spoke, in german because it was easier for him to make himself understood and she could speak german.

" I know my goddess...if I had entertained the thought that you would approve, I would not have come here as I know you are aware of what happens in Elysia without need for someone to tell you. "

He sighed and lowered his head before continuing

" That is why I came today. I have made my peace with what I am about to do, but I cannot and will not abide your name being drawn into this and as long as I am your acolyte the connections will be made that I am a Paladin for Xanth acting on her wrath even if that is far from the truth. I know this likely lets you down, and I can see it makes you sad and...I dont ask your forgivness or Approval...I just cannot let your good name be drawn into the quagmire of purges. I know how much being drawn into that quagmire can harm a name, my family was still not fully forgiven for my grandfather's service during the War and the fact that he was not executed and yours is too precious to me to let fall into it. "

Inimicus sighed and lifted a silver shield with intricate celtic carvings

" You gave me this with my promise I would use it to protect the ones I love. With the current knowledge I can assume you should like it back, however sadly necessary this campaign may be it will not be one for protection but assault. "

Inimicus sighed and lowered his eyes below the level of his offered shield awaiting whatever his goddess would say.

CREDIT TO PIPER"S BOUTIQUE FOR BOTH AVIE AND SIGNATURE: http://faroah.com/in...?showtopic=1990

#4 User is offline   Xanth Icon

• The Creator
  • Icon

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:46 AM

Xanth looked at the proferred shield, making no move to accept its return as she considered his concerns. She was glad he had thought to remove himself as her acolyte because as much as the rogues were a problem, they were still her children and still a part of the world she cared for. She would much sooner not have her name attached to a campaign designed to wipe them out and would most likely have been angered by Inimicus' actions had he commenced while still bearing the title she had granted him.

The shield was another matter, however. As he said, she had granted the boon as a defensive measure when he was a frightened fledgling and a part of her did wish to take it back rather than have it used against his own kind, even if they were rogue. However, he had earned the boon fairly and he had come far from that innocent boy. "Keep it," she told him, her chin lifting as she backed away with her hands spread wide away from the shield. "I only ask you to use it honourably." What he made of her request was his business but she trusted him to heed it. Inimicus Malus based his entire existence on honour and chivalry.

#5 User is offline   Inimicus Icon

• Noteworthy
  • Icon
  • Inimicus Malus
  • Ini

Posted 26 May 2008 - 02:43 PM

The Goddess made no move forward to take back the shield that had once been granted by her to her acolyte. Honestly Inimicus did not know if he expected it or not, he knew he was letting Xanth down in a way and some part of his expected her to take back the boons given to him, to make it not easy to murder mass amounts of her children. Still another part of him expected her to refuse, she was an exedingly kind goddess and even if she didnt like what he was doing, she wouldnt take what he had earned doing good things...right now he didnt know which part was stronger.

She backed away from him spreading her arms wide telling him to keep the shield so long as he used it honorably. Inimicus didnt smile, but that made him happy. His campaign had been planned out as far as it could be, and he had some plans ready for acting after he had spoke to Xanth, he had another person to pick up and an object to pick up. Having this sheld would be a useful thing for the first person, he was no fighter and Inimicus did not want him hurt or killed by this campaign, he would give him the shield to protect himself.

Still a part of him was sad, he would have liked the goddess coming nearer to him for a moment, he expected this but it hurt him just about as much as he had expected. He bowed to Xanth and took the shield back, strapping it to his back speaking to the goddess

" I will use it honorably my beloved goddess. I may be diming my honor, but I will never destroy it....its all I have left of my family. I am sorry for what I must do Xanth...I hope if I am still alive when it is done my name will not be too soaked in blood for you to take me back "

Inimicus sank to his knees in the dirt and bowed low to Xanth, she normally didnt like this, but this was the last time for a long time he would be so it needed to be the most respectful he could muster for her.

#6 User is offline   Xanth Icon

• The Creator
  • Icon

Posted 27 May 2008 - 10:14 AM

Xanth did not say any more. There was nothing to say. Inimicus had made up his mind and she would not sway him, nor would she speculate as to how he would be received by the community at large or by her personally when he returned. Any reassurances she might give him would affect his future decisions and she did not wish to give him false hope. His actions during his campaign would affect the outcome and she could not, or would not, predict his future.

When he dropped to his knees before her, she closed her eyes briefly. Even as he strived to break the habit, it still dwelled within him but this was more than simple courtesy and they both knew it. He was saying goodbye and it saddened her both as his goddess who loved all within her realm, and as someone who had come to care for him. Though his treatment of her precluded any great friendship, he had shown dedication and devotion during a period of her life when she needed it.

"Do not get yourself killed, Inimicus," she warned lightly, shaking her head so that her hair swayed gently across her shoulders. "I fear I have grown accustomed to your being very much alive." Inclining her head slightly, she wriggled her fingers in a vague gesture, indicating that he should stand. "Go well, dear child."

#7 User is offline   Inimicus Icon

• Noteworthy
  • Icon
  • Inimicus Malus
  • Ini

Posted 27 May 2008 - 04:03 PM

Well that was the sad ending to that chapter of his life. He loved Xanth, cared for her name and her good...and the fact that he had to abandon it now was heartbreaking to him...but it needed to be done. He saw on the edge of his vision the wave of his goddesses fingers after she was finished speaking. What she had said, there was no more need to speak, no more conversation to be had, it was the end of the discussion and even if she did not agree with what he did...Inimicus knew that she wasnt going to try and change his mind.

That simple fact meant a lot to him, this decision was hard enough to make and though he was certain, he didnt want the extra guilt of his goddess saying it out loud. As he stood a sad smile crossed his face and he responded to her comment with as much glib humor as he could muster right now.

" I am already dead Xanth my goddess....for you I will endevor to still be mobile when this is all over. "

He looked up at his goddess and smiled

"May you be well Darling Xanth, even if I cannot help you be well "

With that Inimicus turned, bowing his head as he did so. His departure was only marked by the sound of a swishing cape as he headed towards his next destination.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked