• Race:Zanaryan
  • Class:Ifrit
  • Specialty:Aziz
  • Profile:View
  • Abilities:View
  • Joy
  • Other Characters:Elise, Remy, Aiden

Posted 15 August 2006 - 04:20 PM

While roaming the Dark Temple, you happen upon a large double doored room. The words "Weaklings Beware" are engraved on the right door.

Placing your hand on the gold handle, you enter hesitantly. Had you been a low-level-one weakling, your hand would have been burnt/frozen/blown off...or bound to the handle by foot-thick-vines for who-knows-how-long. x_X

You walk into the center of the large large chamber. At the center of each wall is a different shrine---one for each of the four elements.

The Dark Temple is filled with chambers. Among those chambers is the Sacred Room. This is the area in which young 'uns receive their powers---and lords.

Demon Lords are ancient demons who dwell in their respective temples. They’re so lazy that they need servants to serve their every need. To align yourself to a demon lord, you must visit his(or her) shrine and ask to be placed into servitude.

Demon Lord Ea: Fire
A pompous old demon lord---but don't say that to his face. He killed the previous demon lord in order to gain this position. He wants the best and ONLY the best to be his slaves. Beware of his fiery temper, for he may decide to burn you on one of his bad days.

Demon Lord Nen: Water
The most laid back demon lord in demon history. He cares only for eating and has become very fat. He doesn't care what his servants do---as long as he gets food daily.

Demon Lady Kaia: Earth
A harsh demoness, Lady Kaia loaths lazy servants. Everything must be beautiful in the eyes of the vain woman, or she'll bury it under the ground. Therefore, her shrine is always filled with flowers and pleasant smelling things. ALWAYS say "Lady Kaia" when you address her. She's proud of her position and won't take lightly to anyone forgetting about it.

Demon Lord Ciro: Wind
This fickle demon changes as fast as a spring day. He may be cheerful at one moment and throwing thunder at the next. Beware when you're around him, and always watch his face. His changes of temper can be easily noticed then.

Which high demon will you serve?

Posted Image
Set by Eralyn

#2 User is offline   Kiril Icon

• A wild threader has appeared!
  • Icon
  • Group: Retired Veteran
  • Kiril Ignatius Lokinos
  • Looks:28
  • Joy

Posted 15 August 2006 - 04:21 PM

Slowly walking into the shrine room, Kisei took a moment to look around. After inspecting all of the doors, she settles on the shrine of Lady Kaia and enters.

She drops to her knees and bows her head. "Lady Kaia, I humbly ask to be placed into your services." Keeping her eyes closed, Kisei waited for a reply.

For a moment, the high demons eyed the younger demon with surprise. They hadn't had a new one in ages. Then, the chamber exploded with voices.

"What!? You choose EARTH over FIRE? Preposterous!" An indignant Fire Lord exclaimed. The flames at his throne grew with his annoyance. Been so long since he had a servant.
"Now now, Ea, don't startle the girl," said a cheerful Ciro, "Kaia needs servants anyway."
"Aye," mumbled the water-based lord. Nen had been munching on watermelon when the girl had entered the room. Because he cared for food more than he did for servants, he withdrew his attention and returned to his fruit.

"Harumph. Well I think---"

"Oh HUSH please," said the regal lady. The fire lord pouted and retreated into his crowd of servants. Leaning forward in her earthy throne, the high demon gazed at the young one with emerald colored eyes. Noting that the girl had a humble demeanor---which was always a good trait in young demons, Lady Kaia declared, "Very well. I will expect the best from you."

A small smile played at Kisei lips as she was accepted into Lady Kaia's service.

"Yes m'lady. I will await your orders." She said with much respect before rising and turning to leave the temple.

Posted Image
Set by Eralyn

#3 User is offline   Kisei Icon

• Exceptional
  • Icon
  • Group: Retired
  • Kisei
  • Race:Newcomer
  • Other Characters:Dialto

Posted 20 September 2006 - 12:00 AM

A cloud of smoke begins to appear in the Shrine and soon two demons are standing before Lady Kaia's shrine. Looking up to where Lady Kaia sat, Kisei smiled. She had completed her first mission.

Suddenly she realized that she was still holding on to Kiril and her face went as red as it as ever gone. Mumbling a small apology, Kisei moved forward to bow down to Lady Kaia. Placing the feathers in front of her, Kisei raised her head to meet the other demon.

"Your feathers m'lady"

Kiril godmod with permish!!!
<div align=center>
++: minor injuries/ $$: $809 / Acc.: Kiril Necklace & Plushie / Weap.: Two daggers / Arm.: Two wing guards
Want me to paint your portrait?<br>Plushies in Av by Aeloru</div>

#4 ••Sentients

• Group: Guests

Posted 20 September 2006 - 12:22 AM

The division of Kaia's part of the shrine was enclosed by multiple rice paper dividers. The Lady had sent her servants out to collect seeds of various flowers an hour ago and taken a seat in front of her vanity.

After she had let down her hair and proceeded combing her lengthy light blue hair, she felt the strong presence of a demon. Getting to her feet, she said wryly, "What a surprise to have you here, Kiril. I thought you forgot about me."

Turning to see her sibling, her eyes widened when she noticed the demoness. The minor demon's aura had just about indistinguishable from Kiril's, so she'd failed to notice it. Remembering the state of her hair, she hastily reached for the ribbon at the vanity and proceeded to tie her hair. As she sweeped it into her normal coiled bun, she glared at Kiril for invading her privacy.

The demoness moved to bow before Kaia, but Kaia's irritation grew worse when she saw the feathers in Kisei's hands. They were not at all what she'd expected from the demoness. Turning back to face her mirror, she tilted her nose upward in irritation. "Those aren't what I wanted at all," she said as she proceeded to stick a flowered pin into her hair.

From her angle of the mirror, she noticed Kiril walking toward the gap in the dividers. Kaia had no doubt that Kiril was attempting to leave. Vines lashed out from the earthy ground of the room, twining about the demon's legs to make him stay. Smiling at her kid brother as she patted her hair, the lady turned to say accusingly, "'The Imps of Fae Tree have stolen Kaia's prized cushion. Fetch it.' That was the message Kiril should've relayed."

((Kiril-modded with Permission! >3))

#5 User is offline   Kiril Icon

• Icon
  • Kiril Ignatius Lokinos
  • Joy

Posted 20 September 2006 - 12:37 AM

Hand on Kisei's, Kiril materialized the both of them in the domain of Lady Kaia. Ignoring Kaia's annoyed glare, Kiril grinned cheekily at the high earth demoness. He lifted his hand for Kisei to move away.

Then he saw the feathers in her hands.

-zap, he thought when he remembered the tale that he'd heard from the imps only a few days ago. Neither Kaia nor Kisei knew that he'd told the wrong message. As Kisei moved to bow before Kaia, Kiril waved at Kaia and turned to leave.

"Those aren't what I wanted at all."

The ground beneath his feet vibrated when thick vines burst through, coiling around Kiril's legs. Kiril winked at the demonesses when he lit the vines on fire. The lifeless plants disentegrated in ashes, falling to the ground. Kaia may object to having her plants burnt, but they had gotten in his way.

Facing his elder, Kiril tried to smile. "Err...sorry," he apologized for what must have been the first time in years. It was one thing for him to purposely mess up a task, but this mess up hadn't been intentional.

Posted Image
Set by Eralyn

#6 User is offline   Kisei Icon

• Exceptional
  • Icon
  • Kisei

Posted 20 September 2006 - 03:24 AM

"Those aren't what I wanted at all."

Kisei flinched slightly at the Lady's words. 'how can that be? I got what Lord Kiril asked me to get...'

Suddenly, Kisei remembered her and Kiril's conversation at the cafe and she remembered that he hadn't even been sure about what he heard. 'go figure....'

"'The Imps of Fae Tree have stolen Kaia's prized cushion. Fetch it.' That was the message Kiril should've relayed."

There was a little more exchanged between the two higher demons and Kisei mearly waited it out... it was an odd relationship that they had. When Kiril appologised Kisei finally decided to speak up.

"Forgive me m'lady." she started, looking back at the demoness. Here eyes were fierce as she looked into the visage of her 'master'. Not out of spite, but out of pure determination to prove herself to someone of high rank. She really was tired of being seen as just a lowly servent. "I will go and fetch you beloved pillow at once."
<div align=center>
++: minor injuries/ $$: $809 / Acc.: Kiril Necklace & Plushie / Weap.: Two daggers / Arm.: Two wing guards

#7 ••Sentients

Posted 20 September 2006 - 03:35 AM

Kaia turned away from Kiril, crossing her arms with haughty scorn. "Trust you to send my messages," she muttered with annoyance. Most other demons would shrink at the thought of scolding Kiril, but not Kaia. As his sister, she had her rights.

Few demons knew of their relationship, though. Many a time, Lady Kaia received frantic head shakes and arm waves in her direction, cautioning her from speaking so boldly.

Hearing the voice of her underling, the Lady Kaia approached the demoness and smiled slightly. Kisei was a good girl, really. She had so much potential...Kaia could even see a bit of herself in the girl. Must be the determination in her eyes. "You did a good job, though it was the incorrect one. Keep the feathers...they may be of use in the future."

Returning to her vanity, she began to fit earrings into her earlobes. "The cushion is silk white with pink roses embroidered in."

#8 User is offline   Kisei Icon

• Exceptional
  • Icon
  • Kisei

Posted 20 September 2006 - 08:08 PM

"You did a good job, though it was the incorrect one. Keep the feathers...they may be of use in the future. The cushion is silk white with pink roses embroidered in."

"Thank you Lady Kaia. I will return as soon as I can."

Returning to her feet, Kisei placed her now treasured feathers in her small side pouch. She moved forward to stand in front of Kiril and looked up at him... she really did owe him a lot, even if he did send her on the wrong mission. Looking back down at the ground and then off to the side, she said to him softly. "Thank you."
<div align=center>

#9 User is offline   Kiril Icon

• Icon
  • Kiril Ignatius Lokinos
  • Joy

Posted 20 September 2006 - 11:09 PM

Kaia was notorious for the strict orders and high expectations she held to her demons. Even the smallest mistake---a ripped petal---would draw harsh scoldings from Kaia, followed by a barrage of difficult tasks.

When Kaia returned to her vanity, Kiril felt a bit of...relief? That Kisei wasn't reprimanded (probably because the feathers were Kiril's fault) shouldn't have been a big deal to Kiril. Crossing his arms, he nodded toward Kisei as she walked toward him.

"Thank you."

That caught him off guard. Kiril rarely---never---received thanks. Looking at the demoness, he cast his own eyes toward the ground as well. "For what...I've done nothing for you," he replied in an indifferent tone. Uncrossing his arms, the fire demon walked toward the gap in the dividers, showing Kisei the way out. "The imps like shiny things. Bits of foil will do," he mumbled quietly.

What led him to give such advice baffled him. He couldn't think of a reason.
Posted Image
Set by Eralyn

#10 User is offline   Kisei Icon

• Exceptional
  • Icon
  • Kisei

Posted 22 September 2006 - 06:08 AM

"For what...I've done nothing for you,"

Kisei brought her head back up to look at Kiril. Didn't do anything for her? Did he not realize that he had saved her from falling? A fall that would have surely ment her death?

"Saving my life is hardly nothing Lord Kiril." She said in a soft tone, a small smile on her face. He was rather cute the way that he had his eyes cast down toward the ground... it was not something that Kisei saw him do often.

Uncrossing his arms, Kisei watched as he headed toward the exit of the shrine.

"The imps like shiny things. Bits of foil will do,"

Again Kisei smiled at him. 'he's being oddly... cute today' She walked up to stand behind him. "Thank you. I'll be sure to grab some on my way to the Fae Tree."
<div align=center>

#11 ••Sentients

Posted 23 September 2006 - 02:36 AM

Through half closed eyes, Kaia turned to glare at Kiril. He wasn't planning to leave without talking to her at all, was he? At the risk of seeming like a clingy, bossy sister (and she was---no one dare tell it to her face though), she hadn't seen him for nearly a month.

"Stay a while, Kiril," she says sweetly as she smiled at Kiril, then Kisei. Eyeing her attendant, she nods once to dismiss her.

#12 User is offline   Kiril Icon

• Icon
  • Kiril Ignatius Lokinos
  • Joy

Posted 23 September 2006 - 02:46 AM

"Saving my life is hardly nothing Lord Kiril." She said in a soft tone, a small smile on her face.

Blinking in a blank manner, Kiril finally remembered that he had saved her from a fall. And saving her life was a big thing---even though it had taken him little effort to do so.

Stay a while, Kiril

The fire demon looked at Kaia in exasperation. The elder had the tendency to domineer everyone...including him. She was making him look bad, he thought with immaturity. Perhaps it stemmed from his childhood that never was. Standing aside from the exit, he smirked at Kisei---to give her confidence, mock her, or for no reason at all...who knows?

Posted Image
Set by Eralyn

#13 User is offline   Dracos Icon

• Icon
  • Dracos Panas
  • Looks:21
  • House:Pay a Visit
  • Destiny
  • Other Characters:Destiny, Katah, Skylar, Zara

Posted 30 September 2006 - 06:21 PM

Cautiously walking into the the shrine room Dracos came in with his mind set on the Demon lord he wanted to serve. Making his way over to the shrine of Lord Ea Dracos knelt down and bowed his head murming Lord Ea i would like to serve you if you would have me.

· · · · --=~*~=-- · · · ·
..:: Obsidian Dawn::Orlando Bloom::..

#14 ••Sentients

Posted 15 October 2006 - 04:10 AM

Lord Ea fumed on his golden throne, sending glares at the servants surrounding him. As the most of them cowered in fear and a few deferentially bowed their heads apologetically, Ea exhaled loudly. A small puff of fire escaped from his lips as he leaned into the back of his chair. Drat thes servants for misplacing his favorite robe. He'd have to talk to Kiril about this imp infestation of the temple.

A dark haired lad moved through the ranks of Ea's servants, kneeling before the lord Ea.

"Lord Ea I would like to serve you if you would have me."

It surprised Ea to see the fledgling demon approach him. Best known for his consistently bad temper, Ea was one of the least chosen master. Leaning forward to squint at the boy, he thought.

It was nice to have a new servant. A few of his old ones had learned from him sufficiently to leave and move about Elysia. That and he was tired of seeing Kaia parade her newest servant around the temple.*

Finally, the demon lord leaned back and let out a loud laugh. Getting to his feet, the potbellied demon lord walked down the steps to tower over the younger demon. "Tell me your name, boy."

*not that Kaia ever did that---Ea's just bitter

#15 User is offline   Dracos Icon

• Icon
  • Dracos Panas
  • Destiny

Posted 15 October 2006 - 04:17 AM

Dracos fliched slightly as Lord Ea let out a loud laugh. As the Fire Lord walked over to him Dracos kept kneeling as he was towered over.
"Tell me your name, boy."
Remaining kneeling Dracos lifted his head slightly to look at Ea My name my lord is Dracos. Slightly intimidated he bowed his head again as he waited for a response.

#16 ••Sentients

Posted 15 October 2006 - 04:32 AM

Dracos, Dracos...vaguely remembering the name, the lord Ea let out a chuckle. "A descendant of Adra, eh? I remember him from when we were still younglings. Pity he had to die so early. You hold some potential, boy. Perhaps you may even surpass this lot of weaklings," he said as he swept an arm toward the servants who had lost his robe.

Extending his right arm, Ea moved his fingers and hands to form a demon spell. "By fusing you with the element of fire, I will prevent you from learning any of the other elements. Understand?"

At birth, a demon had the potential to learn any kind of element. But only one. Once a demon lord gifts his element to a fledgling, the fledgling was forever bound to that element. It was all formality, really. In the past, a demon lord would convert all fledglings in sight, disregarding whether the being actually wanted the element. But since Xanth became more prominent in Elysia...

"Understand?" he repeated.

#17 User is offline   Dracos Icon

• Icon
  • Dracos Panas
  • Destiny

Posted 15 October 2006 - 04:39 AM

Watching as Ea waved his arm toward his other servants Dracos let a small laugh slip as they were refered to as weaklings.
Thank you Sir, and Yes sir i am a descendant of Adra.

"By fusing you with the element of fire, I will prevent you from learning any of the other elements. Understand?"

Yes Sir i understand i would love nothing more than to be bound to the element of fire just like my fathers before me.

#18 ••Sentients

Posted 15 October 2006 - 04:52 AM

"Very well then," he said as he placed a hand on the hair of Dracos. The warmth of the element flooded into Dracos's system, gradually heating up so that it felt slightly uncomfortable. Uncomfortably hot, but never burning. The element would course through the demon's veins for a few days, demanding his attention...demanding to be let out like fire running free. It was the nature of fire, afterall.

Ea returned to his chair and settled down. "Accustom yourself to your element, and return in a few days for your task."

#19 User is offline   Dracos Icon

• Icon
  • Dracos Panas
  • Destiny

Posted 15 October 2006 - 05:03 AM

"Very well then"
Feeling Lord Ea's hand on his head Dracos felt a warmth enter him as it grew slightly it became more uncomfortable. As it finished Dracos turned to look at Lord Ea.
"Accustom yourself to your element, and return in a few days for your task."
Yes my Lord i will return withing several days. Standing up he walked out of the shrine and made his way to the Training Chambers.

#20 User is offline   Dracos Icon

• Icon
  • Dracos Panas
  • Destiny

Posted 20 October 2006 - 04:14 AM

Feeling incredibly proud of himself for being able to master what he could of his element Dracos walked back into Lord Ea's shrine with a victorious smirk on his face. Kneeling before him Dracos bowed his head. My lord i have returned for my task. I have mastered what i am capable of at this point and time and i hope you believe i am ready for the task you plan for me. Bowing his head ever lower Dracos awaited the response of the Fire Lord.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked