• Group: Retired
  • Eivyonydd
  • Looks:18
  • Race:Newcomer
  • Profile:View
  • Jarratt
  • Other Characters:None

Posted 28 February 2009 - 12:47 AM

Vyon wasn't exactly sure about the tea but took it from Isabel anyway. He'd never been much of a tea drinker. Actually he hadn't been much of a coffee drinker either. Skating on the streets of New York lent itself to power drinks or water. Vyon drank his tea anyway and gave a hopeful smile to Isabel when she said it would be alright. He would cling to that. It had to be alright.

Isabel's next questions helped take his mind off things and his smile broadened.

"It wasn't that long ago that I was new here too," he explained, "though I wouldn't really say I'd figured out everything about this place. From what I understand Cal is pretty much an angel. They call themselves Anyelos, but beyond that I don't know too much. I guess the stories on earth about angels are related to Cal's people."

"As for the plant, I don't think it has any healing properties, or at least I don't know about them," he looked toward Aunt Jane, "but I guess it's in this shop so it might have some special properties. The plant gives me strength because I'm a Nymph, or rather a Dryad. I'm bonded to the earth and through it the plants and trees. I'm not sure I can truly explain it, I'm really only learning myself. When I first discovered my heritage, when it awakened I guess, I was in New York city. Nymphs and cities don't do too well together, the concrete, the pollution, the industry, it all weakens us, makes us sick. For me the forest is the opposite."

Vyon hoped his explanation was sufficient, hoped that the time spent explaining was enough time to get the ingredients sorted. He was anxious to get going, Aunt Jane's time line meant they would be cutting things very fine.

Vyon picture by me with help from Evie on the nose. Forest background modified from a Leet Software image. Brushes from SS-vector-foliage brush set. Code from Piper's Boutique with help to get it all working from Emma.

OOC: I think Aunt Jane's time of 1 -1.5 days might be too fine. I kind of imagined that Vyon had run from at least a day to get to the portal. It's kind of hard to tell from the map exactly how far it would be from the border of Chandric and the Fae Forest to the portal. It also seems that the closest portal is actually in Sequoia House, but Vyon didn't go that way. On the way back he would consider it but can he actually take non-Nymphs that way?

#22 User is offline   Official NPC Icon

• Remarkable
  • Icon
  • Group: Writer
  • Official NPC
  • Job(s):ONPC

Posted 01 March 2009 - 12:28 AM

[d=auto]OOC:[/d] I posted in the OOC thread to try and figure that out. :)

Finishing up her collecting and packing, Aunt Jane eavesdropped shamelessly. The plant he was holding onto didn't have healing properties, per se, but its leaves did act as a lovely base for an egg-fried bacon and linsey noodle soup that worked wonders on glaucoma. Not that they gave Jane the opportunity to tell them as much, but she didn't mind their preoccupation. It would probably allow her to sneak in a couple of extra dried leaves which would help the imps' blood fester quickly so it would be ready for them when they needed it. Not usually necessary, but it wasn't usually needed so quickly either.

Speaking of imps, there was one peeking out from behind a pickle jar right now. "Shoo! Go on with you," she scolded, waving her arms towards it. "Shoo! Lucky for you I don't need any of your kin just yet. Shoo!" Fearless, mischievous little devils. She'd actually caught one playing with the traps Sherbert had set for her once. The moment it saw her, it had snickered, whipped the chocolate off the trap and scarpered into a hole that had been nibbled in the back of the cupboard.

"Right then," she huffed, deciding to ignore the imp seeing as it was paying no never mind to her, "That's your lot, just this pestle and mortar - " She lifted the same from the shelf behind the cash desk and placed it on the desk. "And you're done." With some quick mental arithmetic, she reeled off the price and glanced between the pair warmly but expectantly, her glance lingering on the dishevelled Vyon both out of fascination and curiosity as she wondered where in the realms he could be keeping his wallet. "Will you be needing a bag?"

This is a staff NPC account used by the Official Writers. Why not request an appearance?

#23 User is offline   Eivyonydd Icon

• A wild threader has appeared!
  • Icon
  • Eivyonydd
  • Jarratt

Posted 10 March 2009 - 05:58 AM

"Will you be needing a bag?"

Vyon looked at the assortment of things, there was a lot of it and he wouldn’t want to drop one of the ingredients and have this not work. They might not have enough time for this trip let alone a second. Cal was getting a pack, but before they could put it all in there…

"A bag would be great thanks," he said as he lifted himself from the chair to the ground, quickly untying the laces of his boot. As a skater there weren’t a lot of places to keep a wallet but one always needed to buy something in New York, so he’d gotten used to keeping his money in various places. He once had a pair of sneakers with zip pockets in them, but they weren’t that great for hiking and climbing, so he had to a keep some spare cash in a bag rolled inside his shoe, just in case he ever lost his pack and the rest of his money.

Lucky.

He fished out the required amount and retied his laces. Then with a surprising amount of grace for someone so exhausted he lifted himself from the floor and to the counter in one swift movement.

"Thank you so much for your help," he said as he placed the money on the counter. "And thanks for the tea," he finished with a smile.

When everything was ready he turned to Isabel. "We should hurry back."

Vyon picture by me with help from Evie on the nose. Forest background modified from a Leet Software image. Brushes from SS-vector-foliage brush set. Code from Piper's Boutique with help to get it all working from Emma.

#24 User is offline   Isabel Icon

• Exceptional
  • Icon

Posted 10 March 2009 - 10:05 AM

Isabel fell silent, mulling things over. So Cal really was an angel. Well, sort of. Anyelos... it wasn't a word she was familiar with. Nymphs and Dryads though, she's fairly acquainted with. She'd read about them in books on mythology; but weren't they supposed to be women? And one popular connotation on nymphs were naked women frolicking in woods and playing with the satyrs. She looked toward Vyon and blushed. It was highly unlikely that Vyon was the type of person who enjoys frolicking naked anywhere, let alone with satyrs, if they were real. Isabel cleared her throat quietly, still red in the face.

Isabel jumped when Aunt Jane started screaming at something. It looked to be an imp; those mischievous creatures she had seen at one time or another. And it would seem that Aunt Jane was done with the ingredients. Good, they'll be able to set off soon. Time, apparently, they don't have.

Isabel stood at the door, ready to leave at any moment. She watched amused as Vyon took out his money from his shoe. She was about to offer hers, thinking he didn't have any but it would seem he got it covered. It was a clever place to put your extra cash; maybe she'd follow his example. She smiled at Vyon with a determined look in her eye as he turned to her.

"We should hurry back.""

"I'm ready. I'm sure the others are there as well." Turning, Isabel smiled at Aunt Jane in gratitude. "Thank you very much." With one last smile at Aunt Jane, Isabel turned and left the shop.

Posted Image
Posted Image
.:: Charlotte Kemp Muhl :: kime-stock :: Princess-of-Shadows :: Manfred Klein :: Emma ::.
.:: Full credits are in my Journal ::.

#25 User is offline   Eivyonydd Icon

• Icon
  • Eivyonydd
  • Jarratt

Posted 26 March 2009 - 11:08 PM

Vyon desperately wanted to run back to the portal as fast as he could, which possibly wasn't even as fast as Isabel, but regardless he knew that there was a long trek ahead of them and rushing off now wasn't going to help. Maybe when Chloris was in sight, then he could rush off. For now he had to play it smart, let his head cool down and make sure they all made it there. He knew he couldn't do it alone, aside from the fact that he might need assistance getting to the grove, there were all the animals and plants they would have to get through once they did. He also knew that without him they would be directionless, so no matter how much his head and heart burned to save his mentor, right now the turtle was the one that would win the race.

Vyon decided that he might as well use the time as they walked back through New Alexandria to learn more about Isabel. She had been super helpful so far but Vyon actually knew nothing about her. At the very least conversation would distract him as they walked, at best any insight into who she was and what she could do might help them on the journey ahead.

"So how did you come to Elysia?" he asked. "It doesn't seem like you grew up here?"

#26 User is offline   Official NPC Icon

• Remarkable
  • Icon
  • Group: Writer
  • Official NPC
  • Job(s):ONPC

Posted 30 March 2009 - 11:09 AM

((OOC: Sorry about the delay. I wasn't going to post, since there's not much for Jane to do now, but it seems incomplete without. >>))

Jane nodded and grabbed a wax paper bag, beginning to pack their items with most of her attention on the young man.

"My, my," she crowed as she eyed the lad's feet with no little amount of respect. She'd half expected him to either beg an IOU or ask the girl to pay, given that his clothing was so dishevelled, but this was certainly a surprise. She must remember that trick; one of her nephews was always complaining about losing his wallet and had been mugged three times in just under a year but she doubted anyone would think to look in his shoes. Although, knowing David, he'd give them enough clues anyway, if he didn't tell his muggers outright...

The bag packed and the money in her hand, she waved them off with a warm smile, still chuckling a little at the boy's inventiveness. She had worried they were heading into a disaster, but with that kind of resourcefulness, she was much more confident they'd succeed. "Bye now, and take care!" she responded, counting the money into the till as the girl thanked her and the pair left.

The shop empty once again, Jane headed for the phone.

This is a staff NPC account used by the Official Writers. Why not request an appearance?

#27 User is offline   Isabel Icon

• Exceptional
  • Icon

Posted 01 April 2009 - 01:59 PM

They were on their way back to the portal and keeping up a steady pace but Isabel felt that Vyon wanted to make a run for it. Considering the that they were pressed for time. So she slightly increased her pace, enough to make it to the portal faster but not fast enough to tire Vyon out. As a vampire, she knew that with any kind of speed, she wouldn't easily tire out like Vyon would. She was surprised when Vyon began asking questions about her.

"So how did you come to Elysia? It doesn't seem like you grew up here?"

Isabel took a moment to answer, thinking on how best to answer his question. Not that she wanted to keep secrets, it's just that she was not comfortable talking about her past or how she became a... vampire. There was also the fact that she had just met Vyon and considering the last time someone found out what she is, she had almost gotten killed! But one look at Vyon told her he wasn't that kind of person. Hell, just one look at the smithy and she could almost hear the psycho music playing in the background. "No, I didn't. I was originally from England. I was turned about a year ago..." She looked at Vyon closely, judging his reaction. "A rogue vampire wasn't able to finish the job. Someone helped me through it and showed me where I could find a portal to Elysia. And here I am." She waited for Vyon's reaction. Tense.

Posted Image
Posted Image
.:: Charlotte Kemp Muhl :: kime-stock :: Princess-of-Shadows :: Manfred Klein :: Emma ::.

#28 User is offline   Eivyonydd Icon

• Icon
  • Eivyonydd
  • Jarratt

Posted 02 April 2009 - 03:51 AM

He wasn't too surprised that Isabel was a vampire actually. The majority of the girls he met in Elysia seemed to be vampires after all. There was Scarlett, Piper and now Isabel. Vyon wondered if there was some male vampire with a vendetta out there getting pretty girls or something. Though he was glad that vampires in Elysia weren't anything like the stories back on home. Though one rogue vamp could create all the bad press he supposed.

He reached to touch Isabel's shoulder as they walked. "I'm sorry," he said. "It can't have been easy to go through that. I know my own experience was slightly traumatic, but I really doubt it compares to being turned."

Vyon's thoughts drifted a little. For him, finding out what he was was like having a veil lifted from over his eyes, like finding home. It wasn't like he had ever felt out of place, but once he was here and knew what he was he wondered how he could have ever felt complete. But he also knew that for both Scarlett and Piper becoming a vampire was like having to find oneself all over again, never quite sure of oneself, ones abilities and whether they were dangerous or not.

"I hope it works out for you though," he continued. "I'm sure being a vampire has it's own perks. I mean I don't know if they have the preconceptions about vamps here, but it's probably best to forget about anything you ever heard about them in stories back home. Like I don't think you're a killer, so you shouldn't either. I mean I'm not saying you do, but I guess if you did that should be the first thing you let go. Then you should definitely take a sprint or pick up a boulder and see exactly what you can do. I wonder if they have a vampire school."

"Either way you're gonna help right? I'm pretty sure we could use it."

#29 User is offline   Isabel Icon

• Exceptional
  • Icon

Posted 06 April 2009 - 02:05 PM

Isabel was glad that Vyon thought nothing of her being a vampire. In a way, a slight weight was lifted from her shoulders. She was very grateful to meet a person not out to kill her and was glad when he even tried to cheer her up.

"Thank you. It means a lot to me that you're not running in the other direction or trying to kill me. And believe me, the last that I want is to be called a killer. I mean, I'm not even that comfortable drinking blood yet. I haven't completely adjusted to what I am, but I'm sure someday I'll be able to accept it.

I'm not sure about a vampire school but I have learned a few things about some of my inherited abilities. The heightened senses was the first thing I noticed. The super strength and speed I learned accidentally."

Isabel giggled as she remembered how exactly she learned about her strength. She was in a terrible mood that day, which wasn't all that new ever since she learned that what had happened to her was irreversible, and went out for some fresh air on the garden. Wanting to let out some steam, she punched one of the trees and ended up placing a huge dent on it. Needless to say, her mother got mad..

"And don't worry. I have every intention of helping you through. In any way that I can..."

Posted Image
Posted Image

#30 User is offline   Eivyonydd Icon

• Icon
  • Eivyonydd
  • Jarratt

Posted 08 April 2009 - 04:04 AM

"And don't worry. I have every intention of helping you through. In any way that I can... "

That was good because right now Vyon didn't know exactly what they were going to do. They needed a plan. Sure he had some vague ideas like roping back the plants and throwing nets over any rogue animals. What Vyon wasn't sure was how far the corruption had spread. Within her grove Chloris had control of the plants and animals, relationships she had nurtured over a long time. It was clear they were protecting her, but even by the time Vyon had found her the sickness in the plants had spread beyond the confines of her grove.

If it had spread much further it would make things much harder. Struggling through a hundred metres of attack forest and feral animals was one thing, getting through a kilometre or more could be really tough. Especially if time wasn't on their side. Still two vampires might make things easier.

"So any ideas on how you would tackle some rather aggressive trees that were trying to bind you, or feral animals bent on keeping you from their..." Vyon trailed off as a new thought came too him. "I wonder how you would feel about bait. Of all of us that are going to be there the most threatening will be you and Piper, the vampires. The animals want to protect Chloris no matter what. They will make sure you can get close. If we can draw the feral animals away by getting them to chase you then the rest of us might stand a chance against the trees."

#31 User is offline   Isabel Icon

• Exceptional
  • Icon

Posted 10 April 2009 - 03:12 PM

Aggressive trees... feral animals... bait...

Ok, Isabel, breathe... just breathe. It was probably much more dangerous as it sounds but there was no reason to dwell on it too much, is there? No, she made a promise after all; and promises are meant to be kept no matter what the situation is. And it was not like she was a delicate damsel needing rescuing every now and then. She had no idea how to deal with aggressively binding trees and overly feral animals, to be sure, but something would come up eventually... when the situation calls for it... hopefully...

"To be honest, I don't know what I would do. I mean, I have no experience whatsoever in dealing with these kinds of situation. I'll probably just run on instinct. Being bait however... With Piper's help, I'm sure we could do it. You'll have to ask Piper about that of course..."

Congratulations! You've found an Easter Egg! Hand it in?

Posted Image
Posted Image

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked