• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

[Fin] Hunger [Fin.]

#21 User is offline   Dazadi Icon

• Xanth's Sword
  • Icon

Posted 10 April 2009 - 04:38 PM

Sabrina's silence allowed Dazadi to slip into her own reverie, hypnotised by the sucking sound and pulling motion of the cub feeding. It was so strange. She'd always done anything she could to avoid having to feed her son when he was a baby, scared stupid of what could happen if she did something wrong. She'd known she wasn't mother material and no matter how many times Kade tried to reassure her, she was convinced he knew it too.

Honestly, she hadn't wanted to be a mother. She loved Wolf more than anything in the world but she'd never imagined herself being responsible for another person. Being a lifemate was tough enough. So why, then, was she finding it so easy - appealing, even - to mother this strange little creature? There was no less responsibility. There was probably more, actually. And yet...

“Will you be able to take care of him... her... it?” Startled out of her daze, Dazadi glanced across the at the girl with a small frown. That was a good question. What the hell gender was this thing anyway?

“Two chances,” she groused, pulling a face. “But I'm sure Xanthy-poo will stick that big fat nose of hers in if I mess up bad enough.” This was actually said with an undercurrent of affection for the goddess rather than her usual acerbity, but Dazadi wouldn't have admitted it even if she'd been aware of it.

The cub's mouth popped off the bottle's teat and he gave a mighty yawn, apparently done with his meal. Daz watched him, her head tilting like that of a curious bird, and she set the bottle on the table. As it curled up and went back to sleep, Daz reached for her bun and bit in with relish, eyeing Sabrina over the top of it. Speaking with her mouth full, she searched for another topic of conversation, oddly reluctant to leave just yet.

Figuring she may as well stay on the topic of animals, since the only other thing she'd find interesting was a discussion on weapons or battle tactics and the girl didn't look like she'd know the pointy end of a sword from the hilt, Daz muttered, “So how long have you had that thing, uh, Eva, anyway?”

#22 User is offline   Dazadi Icon

• Xanth's Sword
  • Icon

Posted 05 June 2009 - 01:32 AM

[d=black]((OOC:[/d] Hey, Lizzie, I hope you don't mind me leaving this thread, but I needed to free one up and you mentioned you'd be unavailable for a while. I'm hoping Daz will run into Sabs again when you're up to it, though, so let me know. :D [d=black]))[/d]

Almost before Dazadi finished asking her last question, she felt the slight burn of her tattoo and a buzzing in her head that signified a summons from Xanth. It made her want to wriggle in her seat, but she'd gotten used to not reacting just to spite the woman.

Even though her outing was clearly over and she was only doing it to show that she could, Dazadi lingered a little, though she did start to tidy herself up ready to leave. The cub was done feeding, anyway, so she tucked the bottle in a pocket (was it hers? She couldn't remember if she'd borrowed it when she ordered the milk or if she'd brought it with her. Oh, well, they wouldn't notice one measly bottle...) and was starting to do the same with the cub when the buzz-burning started again.

"Alright, already, jeez. Where's the fire?" Carefully settling the dozing cub in his pocket refuge, Daz glanced at the girl she'd been talking to, any trace of friendliness cowering beneath the weight of sudden awkwardness. She hated feeling beholden to anyone, least of all some sappy princess, and she'd just as soon forget this conversation ever happened, or that she'd needed advice in the first place. Still... she had helped.

"Hey, thanks. See you around." Daz didn't wait for a protest, or relief, or whatever the hell the girl would respond with. The buzzing was getting louder, censored Daz off to the point where she was about to snap at people for looking at her funny, and she didn't want to upset Princess Doolittle there. Even Daz wasn't that much of a kelpie.

Today, at least.

So, lifting a hand in vague salute, Daz skirted the tables and left the cafe, the weight of the cub safe in her pocket and a vague destination in mind.

[d=black]((OOC:[/d] Daz has left the thread.[d=black]))[/d]

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked