• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The Party for Spring

#41 User is offline   Lani Icon

• Humble
  • Icon

Posted 23 April 2009 - 01:39 AM

Many things happened in such a short span of time, that she wasnt quite sure what to do. So she just watched, sipping a champange from the table she'd pointed out to Erasmus. It had a peciluiar taste to it, and she wasnt quite sure what, but assumed that it must have been a little sour. Setting the drink down (she had a low alchohol tolerance) she was pleased to discover she was only happier, it hadnt impaired her ability to think yet. Most likely best to stop now.

Watching Erasmus valiently rescuing Piper from what appeared to be a certain doom via kissing both, she watched in amusement as he dragged his 'fiancee' away, scolding her for being a minx. Barely containing mirth at watching the amusing display, she grinned at a red-faced Piper. Awww. Then he seemed almost embarrased, heading toward the liquour. Silly boy. Heading over to Piper she grinned.

"So you and Era, eh?" She teased the girl a little.

(ooc: pm me to edit)

Posted Image
wolf - Katherine Moennig

notes:
-if anyone wants me to edit a post, tell me and I will. (Applys to all posts)

#42 User is offline   Eivyonydd Icon

• A wild threader has appeared!
  • Icon
  • Group: Retired
  • Eivyonydd
  • Looks:18
  • Race:Newcomer
  • Profile:View
  • Jarratt
  • Other Characters:None

Posted 23 April 2009 - 05:35 AM

Finally the queue had dissipated. Vyon's lips were tired. He'd managed a few words here and there to Isabel but none since she mentioned food. Too many girls, one after the other, with no end in sight. Until now. Vyon breathed a weighty sigh. It wasn't that he hadn't enjoyed himself, but that the stimuli of constant kissing wasn't really what he craved. Conversation, action, dancing, skating, moving, anything. And right now eating was right at the top of the list.

Even in the crowd Vyon could see the little mites that got all this started. He grinned as he watched them moan and groan and flop around exhaustedly. They had spent themselves dragging girls and guys over to the kissing booth. What silly nymphs.

He turned to Isabel while she finished with the last of her patrons finally able to speak without interruption. "I would love to get something to eat. I think we need to get away from this float"

Vyon picture by me with help from Evie on the nose. Forest background modified from a Leet Software image. Brushes from SS-vector-foliage brush set. Code from Piper's Boutique with help to get it all working from Emma.

OOC: Apologies Isabel. I've actually been monitoring my email waiting for you to post only to come here because it is the last days and find that you have. My bad. I've been getting other replies but somehow I missed yours. Ooops.

Anyway I left you with someone to kiss because the NPC came up (probably because I was slack and you wanted something to do). I hope that is okay.

Again, I'm very sorry. ^^;

And if you need to GM me to get us away from the float that is cool.

#43 User is offline   Xanth Icon

• The Creator
  • Icon

Posted 23 April 2009 - 05:17 PM

So. Not only had her attempt to draw out the sunnier side of Zephyr Cairbre fallen flat, she had failed to find a dance partner as well. A sad state of affairs, indeed, that a goddess could not get what she desired, but she supposed it was her own fault. Had she attended this party as herself, she may well have had more partners than she could handle, although she rather suspected even fewer would be willing to dance with a goddess than with an over-enthusiastic mortal.

Still, there was always next year, and she would know better than to dress in pink and act the giddy goat. As for this year, she imagined it was high time she returned to her Temple to learn what devastation had been wrought in her absence, chastise the culprits, repair the damage and perhaps sneak in one dance with her beloved Faroah (even if he was the chief culprit) before the night was over.

Maintaining her human form, she made her way to the gates, where she teleported from view. In the wake of her 'port smoke, the green and red ribbons from her costume caught an updraught and were carried back across the party, waving like tendrils in the air.

#44 User is offline   Piper Icon

• Legendary
  • Icon

Posted 24 April 2009 - 01:39 AM

Piper took the glass automatically but didn't really want it. She felt more than a little overwhelmed and the crowded sensation that had plagued her through the parade was returning quickly. She was so relieved when Erasmus let her go, and then felt absolutely awful for being relieved. It wasn't his fault and he hadn't done anything wrong. Quite the opposite, actually, coming to her rescue like that! But Piper couldn't help feeling somehow like she'd leapt from the frying pan into the fire. She was flustered, her face hot, and she'd swear her hands were shaking.

When he bent down to whisper in her ear, she stopped dead. Or, more to the point, stumbled to a halt. Almost squeaked in surprise, too. It was so personal, getting into her space like that, and he was still basically a stranger. She felt like she should have said something to tell him off, but again her head whispered he hadn't done anything wrong.

So what the heck was wrong with her?

"Um," was all she could manage in response. She knew right away she wouldn't be seeking him out. She didn't know him well enough to lead him to Dazadi's apartment. Even assuming he was a nice guy, the Skotadi would bite his head off and feast on it for breakfast, and Piper might be too trusting in many ways, but not in that. And there was no point in letting him walk her to the Fox Street apartment, that was ridiculous, and why would she be going to her shop this late in the day? So no, and she should have said something to the effect of "thanks but I can take it from here", but he was already gone. If she'd even manage to say anything, anyway.

"So you and Era, eh?"

"Wh-what?" Her face was probably starting to look like lobster skin by now, and she was sure she'd burst a blood vessel or two if she blushed any more furiously, but she couldn't help herself. She hadn't even noticed Lani's approach, and now could only stare at the girl in embarrassed horror. Here she was, wearing another man's engagement ring (albeit the ring of a man who'd left her, and on the wrong hand), and what on Earth made Lani think she and Era...?

"N-no, I... He just." Her voice was pitched at least half an octave higher than normal, and she had to clear her throat. Looking at everyone and everything but Lani, she noticed the glass of champagne that she hadn't wanted and mumbled, "Um, I have to go. Excuse me. I mean, it was nice - to see you? But I have... Maybe I'll see you again sometime!" Tripping over her own feet as much as her words, she made her way awkwardly to the buffet table, set the glass and her plate - still with most of the food left on it - down and turned to leave.

Posted Image
aethereality x piper's boutique
please pm me on xanth <3

#45 User is offline   Isabel Icon

• Exceptional
  • Icon

Posted 24 April 2009 - 01:01 PM

Isabel was glad that the party was already winding down to a close. What with the parade and the kissing booth, fatigue was finally catching up to her. The number one contribution to that was probably that overly enthusiastic human... Tony, he said his name was. First, he tried to bend her over his arm, then tried to give her a passionate kiss on the lips in front of what looked to be his family who were glaring daggers at her. Thank god(dess?) she was a vampire. In the end she was able to push him away and just gave him a quick peck on the cheek and he was on his way who would probably get a beating of his life once he returned to his family. She sighed in relief as the last of the customers left, her stomach rumbling in protest.

"I would love to get something to eat. I think we need to get away from this float"

Isabel smiled gratefully at Vyon. "Definitely! I'm famished!" She took Vyon's hand and lead the way towards the buffet table. There wasn't much left but any food would fine. She was so hungry that she could eat anything.

After eating their fill, they were then called on to greet the party-goers farewell. Standing at the gates, Isabel smiled and shook hands as the people left one by one or in groups.

[OOC: With GM permission from Vyon. It's the 24th here at 9pm so I hope it's ok... x.x]
Posted Image
Posted Image
.:: Charlotte Kemp Muhl :: kime-stock :: Princess-of-Shadows :: Manfred Klein :: Emma ::.
.:: Full credits are in my Journal ::.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked