Elysian Fields: Still can't fly so I guess I'll just walk - Elysian Fields

Alexshire

Alexshire is a city-state straddling the River Cora. It is made up of the City of Alexandria, a couple of hamlets, and 300 square miles of farmland. The rich district (known as New Alexandria) houses some 5,000 of the city's wealthiest merchants and officials, and was built around Elysia's main portal.
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Still can't fly so I guess I'll just walk Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Isaac S. Icon

• Untested
  • Icon
  • Group: Retired
  • Isaac Serendipity
  • Looks:19
  • Profile:View
  • Grey
  • Other Characters:None

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:11 PM

Isaac walked down the street. He was wearing the same sort of street clothes that he always wore. Today he had decided to wear a light grey shirt with his black jacket and black pants. He wasn't doing anything in particular, but was just happy to take a break from the Cloud Palace. His wings weren't strong enough for flight yet and so he still had to walk everywhere; which made him very glad that there were portals. If it wasn't for the portals he would probably be stuck in the Duskies. He had school to go do and so when morning came around he had to make sure he was there for classes, and that meant not taking any excursions that took more than a day to complete.

He climbed up onto a wall where he sat and ‘people watched’. He saw many people, young and old and tried to guess where they were going off to and where they were coming from. He saw some people that looked like farmers, and a group of nicely dressed ladies. He guessed the farmers were here to sell their spring crop or maybe pick up some seeds and he guessed that the ladies were from upper-class New Alexandria, and that they were going to go to a party. It seemed a little too early in the day for them to be going just yet, though Isaac wasn’t all that familiar with the ways of upper-class New Alexandria so he could have been wrong.

((Tag: Lani))

#2 User is offline   Lani Icon

• Humble
  • Icon

Posted 27 March 2009 - 04:35 AM

Lani hadnt had much to do. She really needed to go to the cafe and get a room because going back home to her parents wasnt working out. But regular rooms cost five hundred, and a apartment for two was four hundred per person. Urgh. She really needed to get friends, she just wasnt sure how. Much of her childhood had been spent studying herbs and her mothers botony, because thats what she'd been taught was fun until hormones kicked it. Shaking the thoughts out of her head, she looked around. The weather was fairly clear , and she was in a nicer part of town judging by the cobblestone roads.

Up ahead, there was an anyeli boy sitting on a wall, people watching not unlike she had done before at the spring festival. He had black hair that went to about midneck, and was messy at the moment. His wings, unlike the ones of the fit athletes at school's where leaner in appearance and she wondered what he would look like flying. She tried to find a way up the wall, but could find no foothold or handhold. Exasperated, she felt her ears slowly changing shape and cringed alittle, unused to her body changing into a shape it clearly wasnt meant to take yet. Her skin seemed to stretch around her belly and hairs broke through the skin, causing her to jerk down her shirt, thanking god it was red to cover up the pindrops of blood from having something so painful happening. Ignoring the obvious, she looked up at the boy and put her hand up. "Mind a little company? I'm going to need some help getting up though."

(ooc: gmod permish to pull her up for the next post, you dont have to say attempted or anything =])

Posted Image
wolf - Katherine Moennig

notes:
-if anyone wants me to edit a post, tell me and I will. (Applys to all posts)

#3 User is offline   Isaac S. Icon

• Untested
  • Icon
  • Isaac Serendipity
  • Grey

Posted 27 March 2009 - 07:09 AM

Isaac's eye's moved across the crowd in a series of saccades. His eyes fell upon a girl who happened to be looking at him, and he quickly looked away. That was the one thing he didn't like about people watching, when he looked at a person who was looking at him. There was this awkward feeling he got when it happened and no one really likes to feel awkward. He did wonder though, where the girl had come from and where she was going. He thought that maybe she was here to shop. She didn't seem to be in a hurry like a great many other people he had seen, so he could guess that she probably didn't have any sort of appointment that she currently needed to go to. To his surprise, the location of which she had been heading towards was in fact his location. The question why was she heading towards me? suddenly popped into his head.

"Mind a little company? I'm going to need some help getting up though."

"I guess not" He answered as he hoped off the wall. He spread his wings so it would soften his landing though he still landed with a thud. He got on one knee and held out his hands in a position that was suitable for giving someone a boost. He did not ignore the obvious and did notice her wolfen ears (and her belly if she had a bare midriff) though he decided to hold off on the obvious question until she had sat on the wall.

#4 User is offline   Lani Icon

• Humble
  • Icon

Posted 28 March 2009 - 03:27 AM

Lani was pleased that the boy hoped down to help. Sometimes people in Elysia seemed all high and mighty for Xanth knows what reason. It was a nice change to have someone with manners. Gratefully, she tried to put as little weight as possible on his hands, pushing most of it against the wall. She quickly brushed some of her hair to cover her ears and was mostly sucessful, but that didnt change the fact they where there. She blushed. "Sorry, I'm still working on the shifting abilitys, they tend to bite me when I least expect it."

Waiting for the boy to hop up, she got herself more settled. The part of the wall she was sitting on had another wall behind it because it raised up a foot then continued, so she had a comfortable place to rest against. "I know random strangers are weird, but I'm bored and you seemed interesting. I'm Lani." Oh. Wow. Smooth. See Elysia, THIS was why she didnt have any friends to speak of, because of her fabulous social skills and her amazing control over her abilitys that never failed to amaze people. Taste that sarcasm folks? I hope you did cause she'd been saving that one for months.

Posted Image
wolf - Katherine Moennig

notes:

#5 User is offline   Isaac S. Icon

• Untested
  • Icon
  • Isaac Serendipity
  • Grey

Posted 30 March 2009 - 08:33 PM

Anyeli are generally stronger than the average human and Lani seemed to be on the smaller side so it wasn't too difficult to give her a boost. When she commented on her shifting abilities Isaac just simply smiled. Once she was seated he climbed back up to where he had been sitting. He could see that she was bit nervous and it gave him some comfort to see that he wasn't the only one there whose social skills left some things to be desired. He smiled at the ‘interesting’ comment. He didn't like to be 'normal' so the comment was very much a complement for him.
"I’m Isaac.”
He wasn’t sure how to follow her last sentence except for saying his name so that is all he said. He kept trying to think of something else, specifically something that would lighten the mood, though he was having a little trouble. He just kind of stared at the ground while thought about what to say, and waited to see if Lani would say anything else.

#6 User is offline   Lani Icon

• Humble
  • Icon

Posted 31 March 2009 - 10:48 PM

She was fairly excited, a new person! That, and she'd seem an overwhelming number of females, not that she was complaining, seeing as she loved the female form, but once in awhile she needed to get her head out of the estrogen and breathe. That, and it was easier to make conversation with males then it was females, she wasn't sure why, they just seemed more laid back.

Her mind raced with the possibilitys of what they could do, and eventually came down to a few things. Go to a cafe (but she wasnt hungry) Throw waterballoons at passerby (sadly no balloons OR water) or, talk. "Soooo...." She said, getting more comfortable. "If I told you these ears where fake, would you buy it?" She wiggled them for emphasis. Then commented to herself: "I feel like catwoman. Only with wolf ears."

Posted Image
wolf - Katherine Moennig

notes:

#7 User is offline   Isaac S. Icon

• Untested
  • Icon
  • Isaac Serendipity
  • Grey

Posted 05 April 2009 - 08:14 PM

Isaac was having a hard time thinking of what to do too. He had started to absentmindedly swing his legs back and forth just for the sake of doing something. He was glad when Lani finally said something.
"So... If I told you these ears where fake, would you buy it? I feel like catwoman. Only with wolf ears."
He laughed at the catwoman comment. Then though about the question for a moment and then gave what he at least felt was a well thought out answer. "I might have, except the way in which you expressed the question hinted that the answer was no. Also I didn't see any wolf ears on you when I first noticed you, either." He was more comfortable now that the conversation had gotten started. He wanted to keep it going so he asked the first question he could think of.
“If I told you these wings were fake would you believe me?”

#8 User is offline   Lani Icon

• Humble
  • Icon

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:55 AM

Lani was pretty happy. Looked like the conversation had hope after all, and she suddenly felt relieved. She'd done many a stupid thing in her lifetime, and talking it strangers was ushually one of them, but he looked her age. Even though she wasnt sure how his species aged. She'd lived around the people in Elysia her whole life, and knew the basics about the species, but... she found it was rude to ask someone there age, reguardless of apperance. It was like walking into the Popes office declaring that you where an athiest and would like to have a word with him about his imaginary friend. It just wasnt appropriate in any situation, at least in her opinion.

Then she smiled at his comment. "Ahhh, observant fellow." She said it in a joking manner, like one would between friends and relaxed more. Then his question. She tilted her head, looking for all in the world the curious puppy. "Well..." she said, mimicking what he said slightly. "You seem to hint that they are by asking in responce to my question, and you'd have to be one heck of a avian shifter to do that. Hrrrmmmm." She paused for a moment and said: "Wings so....Anyeli? Cool." Now that she thought about it, the feathered wings looked kind of pretty.

Posted Image
wolf - Katherine Moennig

notes:

#9 User is offline   Lani Icon

• Humble
  • Icon

Posted 04 May 2009 - 01:09 AM

Lani was getting bored. It sounded mean to say since she was sure he was a perfectly nice guy, she just wasnt that interesting in hanging around, her mind full of a thosand and one better things to do. "Umm, I gotta go. I'll see you later, kay?" Not a total lie. She might see him later. Sometime. Oh god she had to leave right now.

She walked down the street, internally wincing at blowing someone off, but overall not really minding, her thoughts drifting to more exciting things like russian lesbians, the Beatles and the amount of people in the world that she hadnt met yet. Some of which she hoped where going to be fantasticly exciting and would make her be amazed at how long she hadnt really been living life to the fullest.

Always the optimist, eh?

(ooc: lani has left the thread)

Posted Image
wolf - Katherine Moennig

notes:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic