• Group: Retired
  • Eivyonydd
  • Looks:18
  • Race:Newcomer
  • Profile:View
  • Jarratt
  • Other Characters:None

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:19 PM

Vyon felt stronger, more full of energy, almost immediately after having stepped through the portal. The sun was glistening down through the trees, lightly touching his skin like feathers, trickling over it like water. The trees sang all around him, though even here, so far from Chloris' grove, he could sense the fear of impending doom. The whole forest was worried.

The other girl was there waiting. Vyon still didn't know her name. He wanted to smile but the fear in the forest prevented him. The best he could do was try not to be dour as he addressed her.

"So yeah, like I said I'm Vyon and we've got a wee way to travel. I'm not sure who asked you to help, or what you know about what's going on but I'm grateful you're here. We'll need all the help we can get."

Vyon picture by me with help from Evie on the nose. Forest background modified from a Leet Software image. Brushes from SS-vector-foliage brush set. Code from Piper's Boutique with help to get it all working from Emma.

OOC: GM of Naava with permission.

#2 User is offline   Isabel Icon

• Exceptional
  • Icon

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:56 AM

Just as soon as Isabel stepped through the portal, she almost bumped right through Vyon preoccupied as she was with her surroundings. At first glance, the forest looked like any other ordinary forest but once she got her bearings and truly focused, there was a different kind of aura around her. Turning around to give her surroundings a once over, it looked like she could easily get lost in this place. If there were various monsters and aggressive plants around here, it would definitely be dangerous. It's be best to stick with the group for now.

Wanting to try out her new abilities, Isabel listened for anything out of the ordinary while they were waiting for Cal to catch up to them. She still didn't know the new girl's name which made things a little bit awkward to her. Wanting to break the silence a little bit, Isabel asked about their coming mission.

"How long will it take from here to Chloris? I have to admit though... the atmosphere around this forest is very thick..."

Posted Image
Posted Image
.:: Charlotte Kemp Muhl :: kime-stock :: Princess-of-Shadows :: Manfred Klein :: Emma ::.
.:: Full credits are in my Journal ::.

#3 User is offline   Eivyonydd Icon

• A wild threader has appeared!
  • Icon
  • Eivyonydd
  • Jarratt

Posted 12 June 2009 - 09:53 PM

The atmosphere certainly was think. Isabel wasn't wrong about that. Vyon wondered how the usual occupants of the Fae Forest were handling the changes, or if it was only noticeable to them because they had been away from it. Vyon was pretty sure the tension in the air was caused by what happened to Chloris, but it was possible, assuming she was poisoned, that more was going on all around them. He didn't had time to worry about that right now though, once they'd saved Chloris then they could talk to her about it. After all she had lived in this forest most of her life.

The other girl hadn't said anything, possibly wondering what she got herself into, so Vyon responded to Isabel's question, never turning around, continuing to look off into the distance down the nearest path.

"It'll take a couple of days I suspect, possibly less if the Anyeli can carry us for a bit, but we don't want to wear them out, I think we're gonna need their abilities when we closer. Besides we need another ingredient that we can only get at night so we need to be there by nightfall today."

Vyon picture by me with help from Evie on the nose. Forest background modified from a Leet Software image. Brushes from SS-vector-foliage brush set. Code from Piper's Boutique with help to get it all working from Emma.

#4 User is offline   Calanthiel Icon

• Humble
  • Icon
  • Calanthiel Ashelinn
  • Looks:20
  • Shop:Buy Something
  • Evie

Posted 16 June 2009 - 01:32 AM

Cal had, for some reason, expected to like the forest. Stepping through the portal into the depth of green though, he had to suppress an involuntary shiver. He did not feel that the forest was even slightly welcoming. It was oppressively, ridiculously, green. He didn't at all like the way he couldn't see the sky, really, in more than bare glimpses of green-filtered light. He didn’t like the way the trees were so close, crowded, tall, and great. Flying would be difficult between those branches and trunks, a matter of short hops and much flapping, and getting enough height to get above these monster trees would be easier by climbing than flying, he suspected. Nothing with his wingspan could be comfortable here.
But Vyon was a friend, and Cal hadn't carried him all the way to the clinic just to leave him to be attacked again by whatever had got him last time. He was here for good or ill, he might as well get used to not expecting to fly anywhere.
He smiled weakly at Isabel and Naava, and nodded to Vyon, "If you'd like to lead the way?"
Credits: Original Character Art by Evie; Brushes: 1, 2; Font. Inspiration.
The good code is Emma's, the mistakes my own work.

Thank you for the doll, Emma!

#5 User is offline   Naava Icon

• Lore Master
  • Icon

Posted 19 June 2009 - 07:36 PM

"Ugh... these people are so slow..." Naava thought, her quick flashback before entering the portal making her feel surprisingly catty. She almost wanted to leave, actually, but if she changed her mind one more time today her brain might just explode. Besides, from the looks of them none of them really knew how to fight, and Naava had at least been going to her combat classes at the Palace. They were likely to need her, and it wasn't like Naava really needed to go anywhere.

Sitting herself down on a large rock a yard or two away from the portal, Naava pulled Flit into her lap as she waited. What was that memory, and who was that boy? It was obviously from her past, but it was one of the first glimmers of it she'd experienced at all and it felt so... so very foreign.

Finally the other three people started coming through. Naava didn't even notice Vyon's change of apparel or the fact that he'd spoken to her. In fact she didn't even fully realize he was there until he said something about carrying them through the air. "If you think I'm going to schlep you about then you've got another thing coming!"" she said as she stood suddenly, her cheefle jumping to the debris-covered floor as she waved a hand in disgust at the very suggestion before collapsing a bit.

Catching herself on the stone she'd just been perched upon, Naava brought one hand to her brow and rubbed her head gently. "I... I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me," she said, her voice a little bewildered. "I'm not usually so short-fused..." she explained, standing again and looking rather sheepishly at the trio of adventurers. "Did you change?" she asked Vyon, interrupting herself as her face twisted to show a bit of shock. Suddenly Naava wondered where he'd changed. If she'd known he was going to strip down like that she'd have waited a bit longer before heading through the portal. Though, with the way the clothes were hanging off of him a bit there might be a repeat performance before the day was done.

~~~Credit

Layout from Piper's Boutique.
Texture from Aethereality.
Angelina font from Dafont.
Brushes from and Ca-pris and Aethereality.
Image from Photobucket.

((OOC: If the clothes actually fit Vyon, PM me and I'll edit. I'm assuming they're too big but there's not height/weight info in Cal's journal))

#6 User is offline   Eivyonydd Icon

• A wild threader has appeared!
  • Icon
  • Eivyonydd
  • Jarratt

Posted 22 June 2009 - 06:55 AM

So swift travel with Anyeli help was not a possibility. Hopefully the girl would go along with the aerial drop plan if they couldn’t come up with anything else. It didn’t matter right now anyway, the first thing they needed was that other ingredient Vyon wanted to make the site by nightfall. Travelling in the forest was hard enough for those unused to it, at night it would be much worse.

“Did you change?” The girl asked.

Vyon answered as he started walking, “Sure, my clothes were pretty ragged from running through the woods to get here, not to mention the wolves that attacked me at the grove. Cal lent me something. It might be a little long,” Vyon added as he pulled the sleeves back up his arms, “but it’s better than freezing out here before we save Chloris.” He smiled back to the girl as he continued to walk into the forest.

Vyon was absorbed in following the path and listening to the whispering of the trees after that. Finding Chloris’ grove wouldn’t be hard but their path had to cross a fresh water stream around the time night fell. “Watch out for spirit monkeys,” the doctor had said. Vyon of course hadn’t actually ever seen a spirit monkey so that should be interesting. He did have a more useful secret weapon though for finding things in the forest. The trees themselves, no matter how much pain they were suffering right now, would always be the best guide. Either way the night blooming flower should be somewhere near a stream.

Vyon also wanted to pick the easiest path, especially for the Anyeli’s sake. It as one thing for him or Isabel to climb through underbrush but the wings of the Anyeli must make traversing a forest quite different. He had never made it to their homeland but Vyon figured it would not be anything like the Fae Forest. He decided that he would stick to the rivers where he could. Along their banks the paths were more open and well travelled. They did have to cross the forest in a few parts to make up some time, and of course to find a stream running into the river as night started to fall.

As the past under an opening in the canopy Vyon could feel the last rays of the sun on his skin. He reached for the trunk of the nearest tree listening to its contented sigh as the sunlight disappeared. The stream was just up ahead.

“Not too far now,” he called back to the others. “Is everyone doing okay?”

OOC: Moved thing on, feel free to back post your thoughts of the forest trip. FWIW Cal and Vyon have similar builds but Cal is taller than Vyon.

#7 User is offline   Isabel Icon

• Exceptional
  • Icon

Posted 29 June 2009 - 02:44 PM

Isabel was taken aback as the woman who joined them suddenly snapped at Vyon. Though she apologized right after, it was enough to make her uneasy. It was soon forgotten though, as they began their journey through the woods.

The walk through the woods so far had been uneventful. Whether it was good news or not, they at least haven't encountered any feral beasts or aggressive plants. It was kind of unsettling, what with being warned against those things beforehand and not encountering them. Nevertheless, she tried her best in keeping focus on her surroundings just in case something did crop up.

“Not too far now, is everyone doing okay?””

She was glad that they were nearing their destination but she couldn't help but voice a little of her worries.

“Is it just me or am I worrying too much thinking why we haven't met any single form of resistance in these woods? Not that I want to encounter any...”

Posted Image
Posted Image
.:: Charlotte Kemp Muhl :: kime-stock :: Princess-of-Shadows :: Manfred Klein :: Emma ::.
.:: Full credits are in my Journal ::.

#8 User is offline   Naava Icon

• Lore Master
  • Icon

Posted 04 July 2009 - 04:28 AM

((OOC: Can we time skip some more, I'd really like to get this out of my thread list))

Naava never realized how much she depended on her wings, or how much she used them. Her feet were killing her. They'd better camp soon or she just might jump ship on them. Though she probably wouldn't, she was just feeling surprisingly vlarish today. Flit wasn't helping much, though, as the blasted little kelpie ran off in every which direction every two seconds.

Allowing herself to fall behind the group, if only a little bit, Naava leaned against a tree as Isabel spoke and Vyon did his tree-whisperer thing with that dreadful dead-pan expression. Despite his appeal, Naava was getting a bit fed up with the guy's one-track mind. Taking her shoe off and shaking a rock out of it as the girl finished speaking, Naava moved to put her shoe back on. “I'm a bit confused as well, ack!” she said, shrieking at the end as Flit darted forward, nearly pulling Naava over and forcing the girl to run with one barefoot as the blasted winged imp nearly pulled her over. Only running a few feet, Naava shrieked as something pierced the soft flesh of her foot causing her to start hoping on one foot as Flit charged forward again.

“You kelpie I'll barbecue you!” Naava shrieked as she hop-skip-flap-ran over and under roots and branches, every time she tried to put her foot down to gain her balance and stop her pet shoving the stupid shard of whatever it was deeper into her poor foot. Finally, after a few yards of this form of transit, the anyeli tripped and fell head first into a stream, sputtering angrily as Flit struggled against her leash.

Looking up into the well setting darkness, Naava glared at her pet. “You evil little vermin!” she whined in aggravation, struggling to get out of the water. Getting herself upright, Naava pulled a good sized thorn out of her foot and angrily shoved her flat back onto her foot. Realizing she was sitting on something rather... slimy, the anyeli rose rather quickly, pulling her skirt around to check it only to find a rather large, and very dark purple stain. “Ehehehewwwwww” she whined as she picked off the dark bits of flower and threw them to the ground next to some more of the same kind.

~~~Credit

Layout from Piper's Boutique.
Texture from Aethereality.
Angelina font from Dafont.
Brushes from and Ca-pris and Aethereality.
Image from Photobucket.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked