Elysian Fields: [Fin] Settling In - Elysian Fields

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

[Fin] Settling In Inside the cloud palace, accomodation tower, any Anyeli welcome :)

#1 User is offline   Lucas Icon

• Modest
  • Icon
  • Group: Retired
  • Lucas Akakios
  • Looks:20
  • Race:Anyeli
  • Profile:View
  • Abilities:View
  • House:Pay a Visit
  • Nattie
  • Other Characters:Maximus, Tom, Namiko

Posted 05 July 2009 - 06:15 PM

Face still throbbing from his encounter with Dazadi, Lucas recalled what she'd said to him as he walked through the grounds and into the Cloud Palace itself. He supposed he probably should find out more about her; his knowledge of Anyeli history was practically non-existent, and for all he knew, he may have had his face mashed in by some sort of important person. If that was the case, maybe he could make a cast of his mangled face, and sell it on eBay? Hmm, there was a silver lining he hadn't considered. He wandered woozily past the fountain, heading towards what he assumed was still the accomodation tower. As he stepped inside, he found his assumption was correct. It seemed things didn't change around here, even after nearly a century. However, as he glanced out of the window he realised the three other blocks were no longer accomodation; it seemed someone had turned them all into apartments. That was interesting. Maybe if he could find some Anyeli who were less irritating than regular Elysians, he could set up camp here long term, after he'd joined a faction.

The thought stunned him; factions. It seemed the incedent with Daz had shook him up more than he realised. He was thinking like an actual Anyeli, rather than the outlaw he normally considered himself to be. Just an hour on old territory and he felt more of an Anyeli than he had in the past 80 years. He supposed this wasn't too bad, since his apparent renewed interest in being Anyeli could help him to find out more about this Dazadi Rhea. He wasn't really sure what intrigued him about her so much. The way she threw a punch was pretty astonishing on it's own, but to smash his face in and then proclaim that she liked him? He supposed she could have been patronising him, but it didn't seem her style. She seemed frank and to the point in her speech and actions. He walked up to the receptionists desk, realising standing in the doorway, deep in thought, was likely to concern the officials. He nodded to the women, and explained that he required accomodation. After being handed a long form, he was directed through to a worn, but empty dormitory. He threw his rucksack at the foot of a bed in the corner, and sunk onto it himself. He began flicking through the form, and filling it in with the pan the desk Anyeli had provided him with.

#2 User is offline   NPC Icon

• Eminent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: NPC
  • Various
  • Race:Newcomer
  • Other Characters:None

Posted 11 July 2009 - 12:40 AM

NPC Jacob Uilleag, an Anyeli, played by the wonderful Nattie. Applause is welcome.

Jacob skidded into the dormitory on his socks, humming tunelessly. After vaulting energetically onto his bed, he pulled off his shirt, which was speckled with dirt and blood, replacing it with another. Once the new garment was on, he stretched his wings luxuriously, groaning with pleasure as he did. The training session had taken a lot out of him, as always, but he was happy that he'd made it through, only puking on two occassions. He was still the youngest and smallest in his group of fledglings, but stuck by the advice his dad had given him before he'd moved to the Palace. "Enthusiasm will get you far, son" He'd assured him with a knowing smile. And his father had been right; he'd moved up to advanced combat classes before any of his instructors had expected, by hard work alone. Still, his wings seemed to refuse to grow with his expanding muscles, much to his chagrin. He would not be able to fly for a while yet.

Before settling down on his bed with a textbook, Jacob quickly stood up, measuring his wings against two marks on the wall he'd made upon his arrival. He sighed. Growth was slow at best. He sunk back onto his bed, and was about to raise his textbook when he heard a rustling of forms. In the corner of the room was an anyeli he hadn't noticed. He stared for a moment. No, he didn't recognise this lad, which was strange considering he made it his job to get to know everyone living in the tower's fledgling accomodation. It had become harder lately, since no-one appeared to be sharing the beds around him, or staying in the dorm very long at all when they saw him in there...strange, he thought. Luckily the bloke hasn't noticed him yet, so Jacob could easily wander over and introduce himself. Dropping his book onto his bedspread, he bounced over to the corner and said brightly,

“Well hello there! You must be new. I'm Jacob, Jacob Uilleag, I'm an anyeli too. Well, obviously, or I wouldn't be here, haha! So who are you then? I've not seen you around before. I say, are you alright? Your face looks awfully mangled. Did you do that in training? I'm forever getting hit in the face, even when we're doing non-contact sparring, it's jolly strange!” Jacob paused for breath.

This account is intended for any member of Elysian Fields (or any guests who are thinking about joining) to use for the roleplaying of NPCs. It should not be used to post in any OOC area. Please make sure you state your member ID, and the NPC's name and/or species.

Username: NPC || Password: nonplayer
Avatar and photo credits: Gary Dourdan & Adriana Lima.

#3 User is offline   Lucas Icon

• Modest
  • Icon
  • Lucas Akakios
  • Nattie

Posted 11 July 2009 - 01:08 AM

Deeply involved in filling out the seemingly endless form, Lucas didn't notice the new addition to the room. He was too busy being scornful in his head at the ludicrous nature of some of the questions; did he have any unknown allergies? Well surely if they were unknown, then of course he wouldn't. He shook his head and muttered something cynical under his breath. As he did, he was interrupted however. He jumped, startled as a loud, cheery voice sprung into his face, dropping his pen as he did so. It rolled under his bed out of sight. Lucas looked up, glaring at the boy who had interrupted him. He was a scrap of a thing, with skinny arms and even smaller wings. Listening to the torrent of words pouring from his mouth, Lucas noted his missing front tooth. Perhaps he would remove the other one if this irritation refused to cork his talk-hole. Thankfully, he seemed to have ran out of breath, so Lucas quickly filled the silence.

“Keep getting hit, do you?” He growled, placing the forms down on his bed. “I can see that becoming a regular occurrence.” He continued, eyeing his tiny companion with narrowed eyes. Ignoring him for a moment, he swung himself over the side of the bed and groped among the fluff and dust for his pen. His fingers closed over it and he grabbed it, pulling himself back up to his original sitting position. He adjusted himself to sit a little higher, so the source of his irritation would understand how tall he was in comparison. Even Lucas' slight figure looked muscular compared to this guy.

“Yes i'm new. I'm Lucas, not that it's any of your business. And I'm kind of busy.” Lucas gestured to his form. He'd hoped the few details he'd provided would be enough to make Jacob buzz off...or just have his head explode with excitement.

#4 User is offline   NPC Icon

• Eminent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Various

Posted 13 July 2009 - 04:11 PM

It's Jacob Uilleag, the over-enthusiastic Anyeli, once more played by Nattie. ::bow::

Jacob's eyes sparkled as he provoked a response from his new room mate. He didn't seem very happy though; Jacob immediately vowed that he'd cheer up this sad little Anyeli! How could he not be cheerful when he was on the brink of growing up, becoming a proper faction-registered Anyeli and having the opportunity to represent his species. Clearly this guy was a bit grumpy, but Jake was capable of getting anyone out of a funk. He took a look at the form Lucas brandished at him, noting his slightly aggressive manner.

“Yeah, it's kinda long. But you'll get through it in no time! And once you have, we can go get some food, or I can show you around! It'll be great.” Jacob beamed at him, anticipating a positive response. Perhaps this would get him noticed with the Anyeli upstairs; it felt like he'd been stuck on the brink of joining a faction for too long. He sensed hesitation in his companion, and once again filled the silence.

“I've been here a while you see, just waiting for my chance to join a faction. I know what I'm going to be there, I'm training to become a warrior, once I've grown a bit I'll be indestructible!” He enthused, bouncing up and down on the spot slightly as he spoke. He grinned again, happy to tell anyone of his ambitions.

This account is intended for any member of Elysian Fields (or any guests who are thinking about joining) to use for the roleplaying of NPCs. It should not be used to post in any OOC area. Please make sure you state your member ID, and the NPC's name and/or species.

#5 User is offline   Lucas Icon

• Modest
  • Icon
  • Lucas Akakios
  • Nattie

Posted 13 July 2009 - 04:25 PM

Lucas groaned internally as the small Anyeli's incessent chatter continued to rain down upon him. This guy was not capable of taking a hint. He couldn't imagine enduring a whole meal time in the company of this idiot. And a tour? A tour of what? He learned to toddle within these walls, and the time he'd spent trying to get expelled had meant that he'd explored much of the premises that was not strictly open to him. He sighed, exhaling heavily as he tried to think of how he was going to shake off this keen-o. He smiled. There was one sure fire way of seperating any two Anyeli, and he knew it only too well. He put on a rare smile, and spoke in a warm, chummy tone.

“I can't imagine why they haven't let you join a faction yet. You seem so experienced, so intellectual, so....enthusiastic.” Lucas said, figuring at least the last word wasn't a lie. He continued to butter up Jake.

“"So, you're gonna be a warrior Jakey? Well, if you've thought that far ahead, then surely you've decided what faction you're going to join?” He asked with a smirk, knowing that whatever Jake was going to say, he'd propose that he was to join the opposite faction. It was a sure fire way of putting up a blockade in front of any friendship that this irritating little Anyeli was likely to imagine blossoming.

#6 User is offline   NPC Icon

• Eminent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Various

Posted 15 July 2009 - 12:01 AM

Jake, Anyeli, played by Nattie, applause, etc.

Jake's smile faltered slightly as Lucas mentioned allegiances. He knew from his father that the different anyeli factions were a dividing point among his species, and that families had been driven apart by differing choices when the time came for that decision to be made. Thankfully for him, his whole family were Apali, and it seemed like it ran in his blood too. He'd felt a strong sense of pride that his family were associated with them, and so the idea of joining the Skotadi faction just felt wrong. He studied Lucas carefully, wondering where his loyalties lay. His appearance, generally tatty, gave little away. But his black eyes concerned Jake; the window to your soul, it seemed to him, should not be shrouded in darkness. Still, he knew better than to judge people on their appearance alone. Lucas had engaged in conversation, a little reluctantly at first, but then his enthusiasm had seemed to pick up. He smiled broadly once more.

“I plan to join the Apali faction. My parents, their parents, as far back as we can trace, they were all Apali. It's really rather exciting! My wings can't wait to be white, my dad will be so proud!” Jake gushed merrily, talk of his dreams very much flipping his happy switch. He flapped his wings, such was his excitement, causing the forms in Lucas' hand to blow from his grasp and onto the floor. Jake ducked down and grabbed the paper, handing it to Lucas.

“Sorry about that Luke. So are you planning on being an Apali too?” He asked, his hand still outstretched.

GMod permission from Nattie.

#7 User is offline   Lucas Icon

• Modest
  • Icon
  • Lucas Akakios
  • Nattie

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:11 PM

Lucas once again mentally rolled his eyes as Jacob turned what could have been a one word answer into a long, garbled string of sentences. He was relieved he'd asked such a potentially decisive question, and allowed the waffle to wash over him, keeping his ears open for the vital keyword. He heard it, "Apali." His knowledge of his species was hugely limited; he didn't care to know about the history of what he believed had torn apart his family. He did know one thing though. Both his parents had been Apali, white-winged and angelic, as was their faction's stereotype. He was still undecided about his own fate. A part of him wanted to be stubborn and awkward, refusing to inherit such a big part of his life from the two people who hadn't been there from him. On the other hand, to be an Apali, to emulate his parents...would that not be the closest he could hope to get to them? Would it not be spiting himself if he was to become a skotadi? It was an impossible situation for Lucas. Still, he knew where his faked allegiance would lay for this encounter. Turning his vague, faraway look into a scowl, he glared openly at Jake, his frown only deepening as his forms flew out of his hand and onto the floor. Snatching them from Jacob's outstretched hand, he snarled at the smaller Anyeli.

“Sadly for you, I'm skotadi through and through. I'm only here because both my parents are on the run. They like to torture the Apali they capture in the war.” Lucas narrowed his eyes at the now unmoving Anyeli. Jake's eyes seemed to grow to twice their normal size as the full horror that came with Luke's words hit him. He backed away unsteadily, stumbling over an empty bed as he scrambled away. Lucas sniggered as he went.

“That's right little angel boy, scram.” Lucas growled under his breath, turning his attention back to his form.

Gmod permish of Jake.
Thread is finished :)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked