Elysian Fields: It's beginning to smell a lot like Xanthmas [Fin] - Elysian Fields

Alexshire

Alexshire is a city-state straddling the River Cora. It is made up of the City of Alexandria, a couple of hamlets, and 300 square miles of farmland. The rich district (known as New Alexandria) houses some 5,000 of the city's wealthiest merchants and officials, and was built around Elysia's main portal.
  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

It's beginning to smell a lot like Xanthmas [Fin] Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Kiel Icon

• Hawt, hawt, hawt! :D
  • Icon

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:38 PM

“Dude, like, whoo-eeh! Yech.” Holding the parcel as far from his nose as possible, Kiel dashed down the street. Like, what was it about this time of year that brought out the crazies, anyway? This was, like, the fifth weird package he'd delivered just since his shift started at three. “Like, I'm pretty sure something crawled in here and died, man,” he told a passer-by who seemed startled to be included in his one-way conversation. That or, like, she could totally smell it and agreed, and was, like, wondering why he was carrying dead things around 'cause, like, wearing a courier's jacket didn't seem to mean much to some people. Like, you know. You'd think the lightning rod shooting through the breast pocket and the city's colours would give him away, right?

“Wah, I got an itch, man,” he told another passer-by, pausing and sticking out his nose for the guy to scratch it. Except, like, the dude didn't stick around long enough for Kiel to say where the itch was or why he was sticking his nose out, and ran off like Kiel was a weirdo or something, leaving him to try to rub his nose on his sleeve.

Which only, like, put his nostrils way too close to the smell for comfort.

“Dude, this blows. And, like, I gotta carry this thing all the way across town, man. You stink, you know that?” The box refused to answer, but Kiel was pretty sure it agreed.

#2 User is offline   Lucas Icon

• Modest
  • Icon
  • Group: Retired
  • Lucas Akakios
  • Looks:20
  • Race:Anyeli
  • Profile:View
  • Abilities:View
  • House:Pay a Visit
  • Nattie
  • Other Characters:Maximus, Tom, Namiko

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:54 PM

You stink, you know that? was all Lucas heard as he slowly walked down the street. He'd been feeling sorry for himself ever since the night at the Coliseum, and wasn't sure what to do about it. He'd ignored three notes informing him of fights he'd been assigned to, since they'd looked identical to the one that had led him to getting a kicking at the hands of that weirdo old guy. He'd briefly recognised the Anyeli with the screwed up wing from his first fight before he'd lost consciousness, so he had a good idea why he'd been targeted by the gang. Even though his bruises were gone, no sort of magic could help the scarring of his ego. And now he wasn't sure if he could carry on fist-fighting, so he either had to find another job, or work out how to pull money out of thin air. And now some guy was insisting he smelt? Sure, he wasn't exactly in the money at the moment, but Lucas was well aware he'd both showered, and applied deodorant that morning, just a few hours ago. On another day, he'd have let the comment pass him by, but he'd had enough of the world coming down on him, so Lucas turned on his heel and followed the retreating form of the guy that had spoken.

Increasing his slow walk to a jog, Lucas did a slalom around the many Christmas shoppers and their heavy bags. After a close call with an old lady's trolley, Lucas was within a metre of the guy, and spoke loudly.

“You got something to say to me, mate? Because the only bad thing I can smell around here seems to be coming from you.” Lucas finished gruffly, meaning the insult to be essentially baseless, but grimacing as he stepped into the man's slipstream. Something actually did smell pretty terrible.

#3 User is offline   Kiel Icon

• Icon

Posted 01 December 2009 - 09:38 PM

“Wah, like, huh?” Stopping just short of ploughing through the big guy who, like, blocked him in between two even bigger guys long enough that he had to stop, Kiel blinked dumbly. Like, he hadn't really been paying attention to his own conversation, so it took him a second to understand what the dude was talking about.

“Oh, hahahahaha, no, like, I dunno if you smell,” he explained, not realising that could be taken as an insult, too. “'Cause, like, I can't smell anything past whatever's in here.” He wrinkled his nose and rattled the box under the Anyeli's nose. “Like, I'm pretty sure something up and died in here, you know?” Knocked to one side as someone bullied their way past, Kiel shot the guy's back a mutinous pout. “Grah, hey, watch it, man, you gotta pay for that if you squash it or something!” Not that he, like, stayed long enough to hear his complaints. “Like, you'd think I was invisible or something, right?”

Gaze back on Lucas, Kiel frowned. “Dude, like, did you know your face is all bruised, man?”

#4 User is offline   Lucas Icon

• Modest
  • Icon
  • Lucas Akakios
  • Nattie

Posted 01 December 2009 - 11:12 PM

Lucas was stunned into silence for a moment, torn between knocking out this weirdo, or simply bursting out laughing. The hesitation worked in the "dude's" favour, and Lucas relaxed slightly, dropping his I'm-about-to-knock-your-head-off stance. He was about to respond to the first question, when the second one was asked, and Lucas considered changing his mind, and knocking the guy out, only he was reminded of a guy he'd lived with in the Cloud Palace only a few months ago. The lad was a young Anyelos, keen to impress and so, so enthusiastic that Lucas would have merrily decked him half the time. He'd ended up scaring the guy away by telling him that he was joining the rival faction, purely for some peace and quiet. But the absence of the irritating kid had been noticeable to Lucas, and although he wouldn't admit it, he slightly regretted his actions. Now he was pretty much at rock bottom - uncertain about his job, he'd heard little from Piper recently who was always busy with work, and he didn't actually know anywhere else. Lucas was confused - he'd never had the urge to surround himself with people before, especially not ones that used the word "like" six times in under a minute. This place was having a weird effect on Lucas - normally, he just didn't like people. So it was a surprise to Lucas when he found himself not hitting the guy, and instead saying drily,

“Yes, I'm aware.” Lucas eyed the box warily, keeping his nostrils a safe distance away. He wasn't especially worried about the bruises, they'd fade soon enough, as the other ones had.

“You should see the state of the other guy.” He continued, wondering what was in the package. Realising the quite skinny guy was getting buffeted by the crowds, Lucas gave him a gentle push towards a nearby shop front where the conversation could continue without him getting knocked every which way.

“So what's in the box?” Lucas asked, his curiosity overwhelming his urge to get away from the smell.

#5 User is offline   Kiel Icon

• Icon

Posted 02 December 2009 - 01:51 PM

((OOC: Meep. It occurred to me long after I'd posted and gone to bed that Lucas actually got healed, so I hope I didn't mess anything up there. :?))

“Well, duh,” Kiel reprimanded himself. “Like, I'd kinda be worried if you didn't know, you know?” At mention of the 'other guy', though, his imagination ran off with his hyperactivity and made babies. “Like, dude! Like, it was a dragon or something right? Like, you were hunting a rogue or saving a damsel in distress or something, right?” Totally animated, Kiel wasn't even aware of being guided out of the path of the oncoming shoppers, his feet moving without his permission as he twisted to keep his eyes on Lucas' face. “Hahahaha, you kinda look like my boyfriend, man, not, like, you know, but you both look like you've been through the wars, man. He never tells me anything, though, I have to make it up.” He kind of enjoyed fantasising about Zeph being all kinds of hero, though, and often imagined the dude standing in total hero's pose on the battlefield. Like, especially since they actually started dating.

It never occurred to him that the injuries (or scars in Zeph's case), might be from something non-heroic. He just didn't think that way.

“Oh, like, I dunno, man. I'm not supposed to open them, you know? Just, like, pick 'em up and carry them across town and hand 'em straight to the name on the package. Like, not the name, but the person who has the name, hahahaha. I tried rattling it but I can't figure out what's inside it. Here, you try.” And he held out the box towards Lucas' face again, this time more towards his ear, and rattled.

#6 User is offline   Lucas Icon

• Modest
  • Icon
  • Lucas Akakios
  • Nattie

Posted 02 December 2009 - 05:11 PM

OOC: That's fine ;)

Lucas took a moment to try and make sense of the words that were being tossed at him by the delivery guy. He was going to deny having fought any dragons or rogues, when the box came much to close to his nose, and the smell hit him again. He frowned and pushed the box away, his face wrinkled in disgust. How was he supposed to guess what was in a box from a foul smell and indistinct rattle? Still, again, he tolerated the kid and replied, not too sure that he'd actually notice if Lucas suddenly lost his temper and became angry.

“My best guess it that someone doesn't like whichever unlucky person gets to receive that parcel, and decided to send them a box of mould.” Lucas said, still trying to absorb everything that had been said. Boyfriend, wars, make-up? Just exactly what was this guy on, Lucas wondered, and where could he get some? Must be one hell of a pick-me-up. He realised this break in conversation was an opportune moment for him to excuse himself and get away from this guy, who was annoyingly hyperactive and not exactly the company Lucas normally kept...although with a pang, Lucas realised he no longer especially kept any sort of company. So maybe he should stick with the strange delivery man, even if it was just for a while? He didn't have anything else to do.

“I'm guessing you should probably get that box to where it's supposed to be before it degrades any further. Do you mind if I tag along?” He asked, hoping he didn't sound as desperate as he felt.

#7 User is offline   Kiel Icon

• Icon

Posted 02 December 2009 - 05:22 PM

“For sers, man. Like, I like company, you know?” Kiel nodded his head in the direction he'd been moving, skipping around Lucas as he broke into the crowd of shoppers, totally expecting Lucas to follow. Like, it wouldn't be the first time someone had said something like that then gone the opposite direction when he wasn't looking, but Kiel didn't even consider that this guy would do that.

“But, like, ew, man, that's nasty. Who'd do that? Unless, like, you know. Hahahaha, that's the kind of thing I used to do to my brothers, man, or, like, you know, the other way around. Hey, hey, that gives me an idea, man. You wanna help me find something gross to send Tad?” Kiel was too busy plotting to realise the Anyeli wouldn't know who 'Tad' was. “He's, like, a total nerd, man. Hahahaha, for his birthday one year, I bought him a pair of fake glasses. Like, they weren't fake, they were this old pair that one of the old guys in the village didn't need any more so he let me have them and I replaced the lenses with just glass, but, like, Tad got the message, hahaha.”

Barely stopping to breathe, Kiel looked at Lucas. “Like, I'm Kiel, by the way.”

#8 User is offline   Lucas Icon

• Modest
  • Icon
  • Lucas Akakios
  • Nattie

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:37 PM

Lucas followed Kiel in a bemused fashion, not really sure why he was following the guy. He allowed the conversation, if you could call it that, to wash over him absorbing a small amount once again. Kiel eh? He didn't recognise the name, but it wasn't like Lucas was some sort of expert on the various social networks of Elysia. Tad didn't ring any bells either, and Lucas realised he'd mentioned a Zephyr as well...he was very much out of touch, since the only people he even knew of were Piper, Max, Elise and a few guys he'd fought. He wasn't exactly the book club type, but he wasn't a moron either, and introduced himself.

“I'm Lucas. It's good to meet you.” He said, not sure it was entirely true, but trying to be nice nonetheless. It felt weird, the politeness coming out of his mouth, but thankfully he was sure that Kiel wouldn't be especially aware of how out of character this was for him, or even that he was being especially polite. It didn't strike Lucas that the hyperactive little dude would concern himself with these things. Dodging past another old lady, who seemed to be trying to take up the whole pavement with her trolley, several shopping bags and an out of control, sticky-looking toddler on reigns, Lucas fell into step beside Kiel, his longer stride making up the distance quickly. He racked his brains for a subject to talk about - not because he was worried Kiel would stop talking, but because he felt the need to have some sort of control over the conversation or risk being drowned in a rushing sea of hyperactive words. Realising new employment could be a very real prospect for him, Lucas spoke again.

“So what's the delivery gig like then? Pay well?”

#9 User is offline   Kiel Icon

• Icon

Posted 03 December 2009 - 12:21 AM

Kiel wrinkled his nose. “Like, it's cool, I guess. Like, I used to love it, man, you know? 'cause you get to run all over town and meet new people and, like, I dunno, man, like, see snippets of people's lives and stuff, you know? But, like, I dunno, people are weird, man.” He lifted and rattled the smelly parcel to prove it. “And, like, you aren't just a courier, you know? You're, like, a package wrestler or something, man. Like, one time there was a snake in the box, man! A snake, dude! I mean, like, who even puts a snake in a gift-wrapped box anyway, you know? And the thing got out! Like, mostly 'cause I, like, ran into Sabs and dropped the box but, like, that's not the point, you know?” Remembering to breathe, Kiel looked at Lucas quizzically as it occurred to him there might be more than politeness behind the asking.

“Hey, hey, if you're looking for a job, I dunno, man. Like, this one doesn't pay that well, you know? I gotta do two jobs to pay the bills, and that's not just 'cause Zeph's stingy with the wages, hahahaha. Like, he's not actually, but you know. But, like, my boss at this job, he's been kinda mean since I got sick and, like, totally forgot to call in. Like, I didn't forget forget, I accidentally slept in, like, I never sleep late, you know, and then this one day I get a cold and Zeph's the one who woke me and I didn't call Marty until the next day and he freaked.”

Pause to suck in oxygen.

“But, like, I dunno, man, you don't look fast enough for this job, hahahaha. Like, have you thought about being a wrestler or something?”

#10 User is offline   Lucas Icon

• Modest
  • Icon
  • Lucas Akakios
  • Nattie

Posted 03 December 2009 - 02:11 AM

Again, Lucas took a moment to work out what had been said, although he got the jist of Kiel's words faster than last time. Perhaps being around the madness for a prolonged period of time made you develop super-efficient hearing abilities, Lucas pondered. He wasn't sure he necessarily wanted the skill to understand slightly loopy delivery guys, but was distracted by Kiel's final comment.

“Hey, I'm plenty fast when I want to be...and at least I don't get buffeted around by old ladies like an empty crisp packet.” He shot back, not sure if this squirt was being deliberately cheeky or not. He scowled, but only a little, figuring no offence was really intended. Still, he had to assert some sort of macho-esque authority, and continued speaking.

“And anyway, you should just be glad I'm not a wrestler, else I'd be kicking your butt with even greater ease than I could at present.” Lucas flexed his shoulders slightly as he walked to emphasize the point. He'd beefed up a lot since he'd been in the fist-fighting game, so he doubted a little guy like Kiel could take him, even if he was thought of as slow. Whilst waiting for a reply, Lucas considered what Kiel had said about his job. Dodgy pay was something he didn't want, but neither was the risk of taking a proper beating every time he went out to fight. So that meant two potential careers were now in the trash, unless he could sort out his troubles in his current job. But how? He thought about asking Kiel about it, but figured that was silly. This strange little guy didn't seem like the sort to be involved in anything untoward, and besides...Lucas didn't like admitting he was in trouble, or that he'd got his ass handed to him by a gang led by a human.

#11 User is offline   Kiel Icon

• Icon

Posted 03 December 2009 - 01:45 PM

“Oh yeah?! Well, like, well!” At a loss for a good comeback, Kiel settled into a fighting stance and raised his fists. “I can take - Wah!” Fumbling to catch the stinky package he'd almost dropped in his haste to prove himself, Kiel screwed up his face and stuck his tongue out. “Like, you should watch it, man, hahaha. I've been training with the best, you know? Like, Zeph's all glarey and stuff but he's been teaching me all sorts of stuff. And this sword's not for show either, you know? Even though I've, like, never actually used it for sers before.” He should, like, do something about that, man.

“And anyway,” he groused as he started walking again, “I'm not a runt.” Like, he was pretty sure that's what Lucas had been getting at. “Just 'cause you're all big and burly and hey, hey, you glare a lot, too. Hahahaha, I bet you're friends with Zeph, like, right? I bet you guys have, like, a glarey club or something that teaches you how to be all mean and stuff.

Oh, hey, like, I think this is it,”
he realised as he was forced to backtrack, having almost passed the delivery address. He'd been pretty sure it was further away, so he double-checked the address, and sure enough, “"Aunt Jane's". Herbalist.” He had to peer at the tiny writing on the door to check it was the right Aunt Jane's, even though the stuff in the window kinda gave it away. “Dude, like, you wanna come in or stay out here?”

#12 User is offline   Lucas Icon

• Modest
  • Icon
  • Lucas Akakios
  • Nattie

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:04 PM

Lucas grinned as Kiel juggled his parcel. Apparently being fast didn't mean that the delivery guy was very coordinated, which amused Lucas. The idea of this little dude training at all was hard for Lucas to imagine, unless it was on a skateboard, the activity that seemed to reflect the stereotype in his speech. It didn't surprise him that Kiel had never actually used his sword, although on the other hand, he could see a lot of people being irritated by the seemingly sugar-high kid. Perhaps it would only be a matter of time.

As Kiel commented that Lucas glared a lot, he tried to clear his face, but only really succeeded in frowning more. Did he really glare all the time? He normally justified it by the commenting that those around him were annoying, and so it was a natural reaction, but maybe Kiel had a point? Lucas struggled to make his expression neutral.

“Yes, your boyfriend, who I've never met, and I have a glaring club. We meet up twice a week and practice, share our stories about favourite glares we've had, swap tips on how to perfect our technique...it's hugely exclusive though.” He explained, his tone thick with sarcasm. He took a step back and looked up at the building, and the stench coming from the parcel made sense. All that jiggery-pokery magic generally stemmed from rank-smelling herbs and plants, which was probably where the smell in the box was coming from.

“Yeah, I'll join you inside...wouldn't want you to be bludgeoned by Aunt Jane when she sees the state of her parcel.” Lucas commented, pushing the door open by reaching over Kiel's head. The box had been bashed, almost dropped, and juggled for a good twenty minutes. Hopefully whoever had sent it had thought of using bubble wrap.

#13 User is offline   Kiel Icon

• Icon

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:31 PM

Lucas' sarcasm went right over Kiel's head until the big guy, like, reached over him to open the door. It was as Kiel was turning to be all "hey, man, I'm not a kid, I can open the door all by my ickle lonesome" that what he'd said sunk in. “Like, for sers, you have a - oh, hahahahahaha!” Twisting his head to peer at Lucas as he pushed through the door, excited by the prospect of there actually being a club like that, Kiel almost tripped over a portly woman who, despite not looking an ounce like her, immediately reminded him of his mom when she was being uber friendly. Like, she had the rosy cheeks and everything, man. So freaky.

“Wah, dude, don't creep up on me like that, man! Dude, like, that's freaky, I coulda poked your eyeball out with my awesome muscles or something, hahahaha.” She arched an eyebrow but didn't say anything, her gaze dropping to the rumpled package he was carrying, then flicking to Lucas. “Like, it was already like that when I got it, man,” he explained, totally failing at the innocent look. “Like, okay, but it smells so bad, like, I'm pretty sure something spazzed out and dissolved in there or something, man, so I was just trying to check if it needed, like, a healer or something. Ask Lucas, man, he helped,” Kiel tacked on guiltily, jerking the box in the Anyeli's direction to spread the blame around a bit. Like, it was that stare, man, like a mom who knew exactly what her kids had been up to and was waiting for them to hang themselves on the rope she'd given them. His mom did that all the time, man, and he'd never learned to shut up before he got himself grounded.

#14 User is offline   Lucas Icon

• Modest
  • Icon
  • Lucas Akakios
  • Nattie

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:59 PM

Lucas' mouth dropped as Kiel attempted to relieve a bit of the blame onto him. Well two could play at that game. He put on his best smile and placed a comforting hand on Kiel's shoulder. Dropping his voice to a stage-whisper, he gave the lady another version of events.

“The lad's new, you see. He's not exactly good at handling himself, so when a couple of guys...well, I say guys, they must have been nine or ten? Well they managed to get him to come down this alley...told him there was something shiny at the end of it, I suppose, but anyway, they quickly turned on him and tried to nick your parcel there. Our lad here had no chance, these were three big ten year olds. Anyway, I stepped in before he got a kicking, but he'd gotten scared and managed to drop your box here. Bless him. I gave the box a quick one over, it's purely cosmetic damage.” He finished with another blast of his charming, trust-me-i'm-a-Lucas smile. Giving Kiel a gentle pat on the shoulder, he nudged him in the back.

“And little Kiel here wants to apologise personally. He told me how bad he feels on the way over here. Once he was done crying, that is. He told me if you were going to tip him, he'd give the money straight to his favourite charity - the Adopt A Firefox foundation. A lot of guys say they're not really manly animals, but not Kiel here. He's a soft touch really.” Lucas said, this time his beaming grin genuine. It was nice to spin a bit of a yarn knowing that if Kiel disagreed, he'd be up to his elbows in sticky brown stuff trying to come up with another explanation. He figured he should keep quiet now, and allow Kiel some time to tell the customer how sorry he was.

OOC: I'm not sure how happy Kiel will be with this, I will edit if necessary ;)

#15 User is offline   Kiel Icon

• Icon

Posted 03 December 2009 - 07:26 PM

“Like, wah?”

Kiel's mouth gaped and he stared at Lucas, caught between sheer dumb and disbelief. He'd totally made the mistake of thinking Lucas would react like Zeph (just ignore him or glare a bit), or even make like Pheebs and have a hissy fit (shriek, or in the dude's case yell, that he was full of crap and smack him silly).

In a way, it was totally cool that he gave as good as he got. Like, what he said was so like something his bros would pull, man, it was uncanny. But, like, “Dude! Shut up, man, you're making me sound like a total wuss! Shut up, shut up!” Flapping his hands in Lucas' general direction, Kiel glanced between the pair, tantruming the whole time Lucas 'explained' what had happened to Mrs. Jane's package. “Like, wah, dude! That's not it, that's not it! You're the one who cried, man, it's totally your fault!”

Pouting grumpily, Kiel handed the parcel over. “Like, here, check it for yourself, man, I didn't do anything, I swear. I didn't even drop it, man! Don't listen to this doofus, he's a total stalker, I only just met him and he totally followed me, man, how creepy is that?” And, like, to prove he meant it, he totally thrust his elbow back in the direction of Lucas' gut.

#16 User is offline   Lucas Icon

• Modest
  • Icon
  • Lucas Akakios
  • Nattie

Posted 03 December 2009 - 07:40 PM

Lucas grunted as Kiel's elbow hit his chest. Normally the blow wouldn't have caused more than a dull pain, but his rib hadn't yet hailed properly, and responded to the impact by sending a jarring pain up his side. Letting out of a hiss of breath instead of verbalising the pain, Lucas gently cuffed Kiel around the head, and placed the simpering smile back on his face.

“He doesn't want the story spreading around, but I felt you had the right to know.” Lucas explained, the pain slowly subsiding. He was looking forward to getting out of here, where he could give Kiel the knock on the head he deserved. Placing both hands on the kid's shoulders, he went to steer Kiel out of the building.

“We won't take up any more of your time Madam, I can assure you that this young man is very sorry. We should probably get him checked out before we send him home and get him tucked up in bed...it's been a long day for him. Plus I'll have to get all the paperwork sorted, since we have to inform the parents if a work experience kid gets into any sort of trouble. Poor lad.” Lucas finished with a sympathetic glance directed at Kiel. Whilst waiting for Kiel to move more under his own steam, Lucas hissed into his ear.

“Kid, don't try elbowing steel, you'll only hurt yourself. Broken elbow joints can take a while to heal, and then how would you protect yourself from the ten year olds?”

#17 User is offline   Kiel Icon

• Icon

Posted 03 December 2009 - 08:00 PM

Like, dude. Kiel would never admit it, but elbowing Lucas in the gut kinda had been a bad idea, man.

He didn't shuck the dude off his shoulders, mostly just 'cause, like, he didn't really think about it, but he did dig his heels in to yell over his shoulder, “He's just scared you'll report him for not treating me proper and, like, get him the sack or something, man, do it, do it! Call in and, like, tell them your delivery guy sucked eggs!

No wait, don't!”
he corrected at the realisation that he was her delivery guy and that she'd get him fired if she did. But, like, they were already on the pavement.

“Dude, like, if you get me fired, I'm so coming to haunt you, man.” Wrestling free of Lucas' grip for real this time, Kiel turned and stuck his tongue out at the dude. “Like, I'd so kick your ass right now, man, but I gotta look after my uniform. Dude, like, and that's another thing,” he tacked on, going back to their earlier conversation. “Like, the jacket's kinda expensive for a job with such a sucky pay, you know?

Hey, hey, you wanna get a chilli dog or something, man? I'm starving,”
he asked then as his nose caught the scent of food, their little argument completely forgotten.

#18 User is offline   Lucas Icon

• Modest
  • Icon
  • Lucas Akakios
  • Nattie

Posted 03 December 2009 - 08:17 PM

Lucas resisted the urge to give Kiel a little shove out of the way, figuring he'd done enough to embarrass the guy already. He wasn't worried that the customer would call in with any sort of complaint, so Lucas wasn't worried about Kiel getting sacked. Although...

“You do realise you won't die just because you get sacked? Besides, you'd be a lame ghost, you're not exactly frightening. Irritating, oh yes, but scary? Unless you find someone who has a phobia of the guy that could be Avril Lavigne's kid brother, I think you're out of luck.” Lucas walked towards the smell of chilli dogs, a small street-side cart selling various greasy, but oh so good-looking fried goods. He nodded to the vendor.

“One chillidog, and whatever squirt wants.” He said, passing over a couple of coins to cover two servings, and receiving a sizeable lump of meat in return. After seasoning it with the appropriate rations of ketchup and mustard, Lucas took an enormous bite out of his food, and "mmmmed" loudly. There were a few things he missed about travelling the whole time, but not eating rabbit or rodent every day was not one of them. He'd sampled almost every Elysian cuisine he could lay his hands on in New Alexandria and the Ao Coast, but the simple chillidog still held a high position in his chart of really good food.

“Anyway,” Lucas continued as if there'd been no interruption, “If you did get fired, wouldn't the oh-so awesome boyfriend bail you out with money and stuff? Or is he too busy deciding on what snacks we'll be having at the next meeting of the Glarers Society?” Lucas asked, before taking another bite of his food.

#19 User is offline   Kiel Icon

• Icon

Posted 03 December 2009 - 08:28 PM

Like, Kiel was pretty sure he'd either hit the jackpot with this guy or, like, totally stepped in something foul.

Too eager for the food his nose was already tasting, Kiel barely gave a “Meh” when the guy corrected him. Like, it wasn't his fault his mouth was faster than his brain, you know? And anyway, he totally could haunt the dude while he was still alive, man. It'd just be trickier.

“Dude, like, quit with the runt jokes, man, shut up, shut up!” He took the chilli dog without hesitation, though, and had wolfed down half of his before Lucas had even finished squirting his with gunk.

“Like, you think you're so funny, man, doncha, hahahaha?” Like, he kinda was, actually, and he totally did remind him of his brothers, man. Like, they kinda acted the same way around him, always, like, pulling pranks and stuff. And he kinda missed it, you know? Not just 'cause he'd moved out but, like, RayRay was gone most of the time anyway since he'd married and settled in his own place, and, like, Tad always had his nose stuck in his books. “Like, I am an adult, man, I can take care of myself. Like, I'm so hawt, I could be a model if I wanted, right?” He didn't wait for Lucas to deny the prospect. “And, anyway, me and Zeph are kinda new, you know? So, like, he probably would, but, like, I dunno, you know? And my dad would be all "Ezekiel, you come home this minute" if I was really in trouble,” he allowed, mimicking (badly) his father's deep voice. “I wouldn't ask him, them, anyway, though, 'cause, like, I'm an adult, you know?

Anyhow, I'd totally stalk you if you got me fired and, like, find out where you hide all the treasure you collect on your rogue hunting and, like, steal it all from you, hahahaha.”

#20 User is offline   Lucas Icon

• Modest
  • Icon
  • Lucas Akakios
  • Nattie

Posted 03 December 2009 - 08:42 PM

Lucas paused, wondering where he could possibly start responding to the spew of sentences. One thing did stick out though.

“Ezekiel? That's your real name?” He asked with a barely concealed snicker. He was used to Elysians having some pretty funky names, but this one tickled him. As did the idea of Kiel being a model.

“Listen kid, I know you said quit it with the runt jokes, but a model? Like, for kids clothes?” He asked, half serious. He couldn't really imagine Kiel being a proper model, unless the job description had changed, and now all you had to do was gurn at a camera whilst spurting nonsense at a ridiculously fast rate?

“Anyway, being a model would pay better than this, so maybe you should think about it. After you've spent all the money you make from plundering my treasure that is. I must find somewhere else to hide it.” Lucas had no clue where Kiel had got the idea that he was some sort of treasure hunter from. He'd still got the griffin feathers he'd wrestled first from a griffin, and then a thief, but apart from that he had no treasure to speak of. If only, then he wouldn't be so worried about finding another job soon. Finishing off the final bite of his chilli dog, Lucas wiped his hands on the serviette that had been provided and then launched the rolled up napkin into a nearby bin.

“So Ezekiel, you fancy yourself as a model and a treasure hunter, as well as some sort of expert-fighter-in-training? Should I be worried for my life just standing next to you then? I'm surely at risk either from the media, wanting to capture the elusive model for an interview, or some sort of jealous rival attempting to take your life. Does that happen a lot?” Lucas continued to tease.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic