• Icon
  • Group: Writer
  • Official NPC
  • Race:Newcomer
  • Profile:View
  • Job(s):ONPC

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:01 PM

“'Ere, get out of me way, slick-ah!”

An extremely thin man held up an official document, written by hand on naga paper and stamped with the Marshal's official seal, with an arm that looked as if it would break as easily as a twig. Behind him, a tower of muscles glared with red slitted eyes at the overweight woman standing in her own doorway, everything about him screaming intimidation.

“I - I don't understand. I mean, none of us are vamp - There - there are children here, Mister - ?”

Zolf grunted, stepped aside, and clicked thin fingers towards the woman. “Resisting officers of the law.” It was all he'd say on the subject. Unlike the Guard, he didn't need to give any warnings or ask permission or anything of the kind to see the inside of her home. It was all right there in the document he'd let her glimpse.

Strontius stepped forward, hands like bludgeons reaching to push the woman back inside her own home. She shrieked and wailed about her rights as a private citizen, but Strontius wasn't interested. The Rutilus muscled past the woman, painfully silent, and then stepped aside to make room for Zolf.

“Are you now, or have you at any time harboured a Vampire?”

The woman, tears in her eyes, shook her head. Her gaze flicked fretfully to a door at Strontius' right, and Zolf made a note to double-check that room.

“Are you, or anyone living in this household, a Vampire?”

The woman shook her head again, slowly edging towards that door as if Zolf wouldn't notice.

“Do you know anyone who is, or is planning to become, a Vampire?”

“Why are you doing this? I feel bad for him, I really do, but what right does he have to invade our homes? Why aren't you out looking for the murderer?”

Strontius' eyes narrowed. “Answer the question,” was all Zolf would say on the matter. He was being paid a pretty penny for this job. What did he care about rights?

The woman's eyes squeezed shut and she answered, just as her back pressed to the door as if she could shield whoever was in that room with her body. “No.”

“Then you won't mind if we have a look around, will you?”

“No!” she screamed as Strontius shouldered her out of the way and thrust open the door. “You can't go in there! It's not what you think! It's just my son!”

And sure enough, there was a six-year-old boy with a halo of hair and sparkling blue eyes sitting on a star-shaped rug in the middle of the room. He held up his arms for his mother to take him, but Zolf was there first. No matter that he was thin enough for the young boy to lift him, Zolf had the child tucked under an arm and was dragging him out to the front yard in seconds, the mother plucking at Strontius' shirt as if she could hold them both back by clinging to the 'Vari.

In the sunlight, Zolf flipped the boy around so he could get a good look at his mouth. The child was whimpering and starting to cry as Zolf yanked his chin down and forced his mouth open. “Shut up! If you don't have any fangs, you have nothing to worry about, do you?”

“Please!” screamed the woman, loud enough to bring out the neighbours who began to murmur amongst themselves, then fall silent at a single look from Strontius. “Please, leave my baby alone! He hasn't done anything wrong, please!”

“No fangs,” agreed Zolf carelessly, thrusting the boy away. He immediately ran to his mother and latched onto her waist, where she instantly fell apart and sobbed all over him. “Hmph. Nothing worse than an over-protective mother. Next!”
This is a staff NPC account used by the Official Writers. Why not request an appearance?

#2 User is offline   Euphenia Icon

• A wild threader has appeared!
  • Icon

Posted 03 February 2010 - 01:01 AM

PB · DaFont · Aethereality · rcr · Obsidian Dawn· Beyond Tonight · Dreams Time

Her new COM was perfect for her.

Phen felt excited by the prospects her purchase would open up. No longer would she have to relie on how fast a courier could run to get a message to someone in the city. No longer would she have to wait for her family's letters to know how they were doing. Her mother's letters, anyway. She needed to get her grandparents a COM so she could enjoy calling them whenever the need hit. Hopefully they wouldn't get over the novelty for at least a week.

Oh, and her COM was so beautiful! "Handcrafted," the shopkeep had explained as Phen had run her fingers over it admiringly, "One of a kind!"

She stroked the smooth wood casing of the COM as she walked, as if giving attention to a needy pet. Three different kinds of wood had been Shaped to make her COM's outer shell. Phen had grown up watching her grandfather, Keyx Matis, do such work, so she understood what to look for. The shopkeep would not share the name of the Shaper, and she didn't pry beyond her first inquiry. If the Shaper wanted to remain anomomous, who was she to take that from them?

Still, she had the shopkeep take the COM apart to show her what the inside looked like before taking it with her. She paid extra for that, but it allieved her worry that someone might have snuck an extra device or two into the thing without her knowing. Not that she believed she was worth "tracking", as her mother would put it, but better safe than sorry.

It also gave her the chance to ask about insurance for the COM and if it had a warranty. Her mother had brought those subjects up with Phen before she left Silas, among a thousand other miscellaneous topics. Enyo wanted her daughter to understand how the outside world worked, at least to a degree. She'd ended up paying extra for the insurance policy, but Phen figured it would be worth it. If her COM got damaged or stolen after the warranty ran out, she could get another at a heavy discount.

Phen put her treasure away in the brown leather case she'd purchased for it, then tucked that into a pocket in the lining of her coat. The case had been a lucky find, too. Phen had wanted it once she'd spotted the dark brown image of a butterfly pressed into its flap. Practically broke (again) but happy, the nyad made her way down the side of the street, humming for the benefit of the angel snake snoozing in her hair.

"Please, leave my baby alone! He hasn't done anything wrong, please!"

The winged nymph had ended up in a rural district of the city, one that she hadn't explored before. Phen had been enjoying the new sights and smells when the woman's desperate cry snagged her attention, drawing the nyad like a moth to flame.

She didn't arrive at the scene until after the little boy was in his mother's arms, and both were sobbing. There were far too many people about for Euphenia's comfort, but she couldn't resist approaching mother and child from the front, giving them plenty of time to react to her. She didn't want either to panic. Phen kept tabs in her peripheral vision on the thin man and his musclebound lackey simply because they looked out of place and potentially dangerous.

"Excuse me, ma'am," the nyad's silvery voice crooned when she got close enough to possibly be heard, "Are you and your little one alright? Is there anything I can do to help?"

#3 User is offline   Isabel Icon

• Exceptional
  • Icon

Posted 07 February 2010 - 05:03 PM

Isabel was already quite anxious since early this morning. It was supposed to be a happy day as this would mark her first day at having an official job - no matter how small her job was. All it took to ruin her day was an article in the Alexshire Chronicles, which she happened to have read as she was having breakfast at the cafe earlier. There was an uproar regarding the murder of the wife of Marshal Oisín of the City Guard. According to the news, evidence pointed to a vampire attack which led to the Marshal issuing an unreasonable city-wide warrant which just screams that any vampire to be found would be a suspect or worse, accused of being the criminal. It was ridiculous, it was unfair, it was downright frightening. She had never felt this vulnerable since the time she was kidnapped and she had hoped never to experience it again.

She just about finished her last delivery for the day as a courier when a huge commotion caught her attention in one of the houses nearby. It was a mother who was desperately trying to get her child back from two suspicious men.

“Please! Please, leave my baby alone! He hasn't done anything wrong, please!”

She was about to help the mother when Isabel suddenly noticed what they were checking the boy for. She suddenly turned white, a feat she couldn't imagine accomplishing what with her already white skin. She stopped in her tracks and was torn between whether or not to help out the mother or run away from the scene inconspicuously to avoid being a target. She was given reprieve when she saw another woman, a nymph by the looks of her, approached the mother and child - who was safely, though roughly, given back by the men.

Isabel stuck around a little more to survey the situation though trying not give any attention to herself. She needed to know what they were on about to help keep her out of their way... hopefully.
Posted Image
Posted Image
.:: Charlotte Kemp Muhl :: kime-stock :: Princess-of-Shadows :: Manfred Klein :: Emma ::.
.:: Full credits are in my Journal ::.

#4 User is offline   Official NPC Icon

• Remarkable
  • Icon
  • Official NPC

Posted 10 February 2010 - 06:10 PM

The woman could only sob and cling even harder to her boy, barely glimpsing the newcomer through watery eyes. She wanted to warn the girl to be careful, that she shouldn't interfere with those terrible men for fear of what they'd do, but she couldn't stop sobbing long enough to make a sound. It was too late, anyway.

“'Ere, here's a pretty one! C'mere and let me see your fangs, woman!” It was obvious from Zolf's tone that there was more than one reason he wanted to get his hands on Euphenia, but no one dare try to stop him. Seeing how the little boy had been treated, not a one wanted to draw attention to themselves or their own families. “Strontius, hold her still. Don't struggle, miss, I just need to check your mouth for fangs. All part of the law, you understand.” And he tapped the end of the re-rolled parchment to his forehead as evidence, as if he didn't expect her to ask to actually read the document. Most folk around here were too dumb to know their rights anyway.

The beefy Strontius had stepped up on command, huge hands reaching for Euphenia. The woman, still clutching her son, cried out as if to protest but fell silent at a single glance from Zolf. That glance spoke very clearly: Shut it, or have her son endangered yet again.

“I'm sorry, so sorry.” She wasn't apologising to the two men, though. She was apologising for her cowardice, and didn't wait around to see what they did to the Nymph. Instead, she gathered her boy up close to her chest and darted into her home, slamming the door shut behind her.
This is a staff NPC account used by the Official Writers. Why not request an appearance?

#5 User is offline   Euphenia Icon

• Icon

Posted 10 February 2010 - 07:02 PM

There were men and women who took what they wanted, wherever they went. They expected the world to bow down and let them have it, too. Many such folk visited The Birdcage. Some had even tried to get their hands on Euphenia herself. They wanted more than just a dance, things that Phen only had vague concepts of from watching or listening to others. Security had taken care of them for her. In The Birdcage, Euphenia was safe.

Out on the street it was just her, a crowd of frightened spectators, and two bullies. One of the latter had that same wicked gleam in his eyes that she'd witnessed in the gaze of certain patrons. Just checking her "fangs", indeed. She could guess where he wanted to put those hands of his, and it was nowhere near her mouth. Why were men so fascinated with those areas? She just didn't get it.

The big guy, however, looked like a different kind of trouble. He stank of aggression. The violet in Phen's eyes brightened to near glowing as she slid her legs further apart, balancing her weight on the balls of her feet. She wasn't like her grandfather, who would stand resolute and unmoving, barring his enemies' way with roots and earth. No, she was a nyad, and one of her element's most effective traits was in how well it could move.

"Protect your child and yourself," was what Phen thought as the woman apologized and ran, "And I will protect you both."

It's what any member of her family would do. Her father would, too, she was sure of it.

Her eyes flicked to the page the leering fool tapped on his forehead, and then back to his face. She met his eyes and didn't look away. Sometimes animals could be stared down into retreating. "You speak of the law. I shall remind you of another. There is no writ that can dismiss the right of protection for oneself and their loved ones. This law is granted by Xanth. Her laws are absolute. Your paper means nothing lest it be endorsed by the Goddess."

She tilted her head slightly, sizing up her opponents, for that was what they had become the moment they had chosen her for a "search". "If you touch me, I will be within my rights to repel you. You will not enjoy my methods."

#6 User is offline   Official NPC Icon

• Remarkable
  • Icon
  • Official NPC

Posted 15 February 2010 - 01:54 PM

“Oh aye, we've got a live one, here, Strontius.” Strontius, of course, said nothing, but he did pause when the girl spouted off. Mostly just to see what Zolf did about it. “You're forgetting, missy, this is Alexshire, and Alexshire has a government, and that government has laws of its own. You want to follow Xanth's alone? Be my guest, but get out of town. Unless you want us to take you in for obstructing justice? I mean, I'm all for it, but i don't think you'd enjoy the Marshal's response. He's been very, shall we say, strict since his missus up and died.” Of course, that made it sound like Oisin's wife had died of natural causes or something rather than being the victim of a vampiric attack, but it would give Zolf an idea of where this girl was coming from. Did she actually have no idea what was going on? And did she really believe Xanth's was the only law she had to follow?

Besides, what could a grey-wing do? Anyeli that young weren't taught to fight.

“Strontius.” He didn't need to elaborate, the big man would know what he wanted. Surging forward with those beefcakes of his outstretched ready to grab the girl, Zolf stepped forward. This time, he really did want to check her for fangs. He didn't like people who answered back.

((Sorry for making you wait, Colleen, I was leaving it a bit to see if Amber wanted to post. ^^))

#7 User is offline   Isabel Icon

• Exceptional
  • Icon

Posted 15 February 2010 - 03:14 PM

Isabel always knew when trouble would be coming. What she does not know, and can never seem to understand, is to not stick her perky little nose in one. As soon as the creepy thin man noticed the girl who helped the mother and started... well, being creepy, she knew it would turn ugly. Specially since the girl had the gall to talk back.

“If you touch me, I will be within my rights to repel you. You will not enjoy my methods.”

A bold statement. Something you wouldn't expect from a pretty girl like her. Sensing things were turning from bad to worse, Isabel moved a little closer to the group. She understood how the Marshal must be feeling but things have gone too far. It's one thing to want to bring justice to his wife's murderer but another to be abusing authority so callously.

She didn't need to be a telepath to know what the creepy thin man wanted the menacing big guy to do. It all happened so fast and her reflexes kicked into action. She wasn't supposed to call attention to herself, it's true, but her bloody nose had to but in. Yes, her nose was the problem. She took out her dagger and threw it as a warning shot at the big guy's feet. Well, she tried to. She still haven't perfected her aim yet and the chances of it landing directly at his feet or thigh could be high.
Posted Image
Posted Image
.:: Charlotte Kemp Muhl :: kime-stock :: Princess-of-Shadows :: Manfred Klein :: Emma ::.

#8 User is offline   Official NPC Icon

• Remarkable
  • Icon
  • Official NPC

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:16 PM

Strontius' slitted burgundy eyes narrowed, but that was all the reaction he gave to having a knife sticking out of the thick muscles of his thigh. That, and a sudden change of direction as he went after the culprit, his gaze filling with fury as he scanned the street. Since Zolf knew better than to expect Strontius to not punish his attacker, he went after the Anyelos himself, almost skeletal fingers stretching to wrap around her slender arm.

Having spotted Isabel, the only person on the small rural street - aside from the cheeky wench Zolf was dealing with - who wasn't either cowering or standing defensively in front of their own houses, Strontius scowled, a big hand squeezing around the handle of her dagger and slowly pulling it out.

“Oh, aye, you'll pay for that, missy!” called Zolf, more than a little eager to see the results. At this distance, he couldn't tells he was a vampire, but it didn't matter. She'd not only helped to obstruct the justice he and Strontius were charged with exacting, but she'd attacked one of the Marshal's own men. Yum.

“Now then, missy,” Zolf said to Euphenia with a satisfied smirk. “Show us your teeth and you won't have any trouble, now, will you?”

#9 User is offline   Euphenia Icon

• Icon

Posted 15 February 2010 - 11:47 PM

For Phen, it felt as though time slowed down. She registered the man's voice, but kept her attention split between him and the one she'd come to think of as the bully's "thug". Words and a solid gaze had not warned them off. Phen had figured as much beforehand, but it was in the trying that the winged nymph believed she clearly defined who was the aggressor in their soon to be conflict.

"You will not touch me," she stated clearly, projecting her voice without shouting. Since she Called her element in the next moment, the effect was almost cinematic.

Water roared out from under the collar of the nyad's shirt as if a lion sounding a challenge. Though this drenched the front of Phen's clothing, she hardly cared. She focused instead on Shaping the water as it left her vicinity into a fast moving funnel, its current intent on moving nearly as dangerously fast as the surf of the Ao Sea against the rocks of its beach, and targeted the two who would attempt to manhandle a child of the Balance.

One might think that such a defense would be enough, but Phen had a portion of her mother's paranoia drilled into her brain. She prepared other assaults in case the first failed. Chunks of ice formed in her imagination, ready to become a reality if her opponents got too close. New funnels strained to branch out from the first, the destructive side of her element more than willing to crush those who stood against it and pummel the fools into pulp.

"If you seek to view my teeth," she shouted into the middle of the funnel she'd Shaped, "Then tell your Strontius to back off!"

(( That's quite alright, Ems. Posted Image ))

#10 User is offline   Official NPC Icon

• Remarkable
  • Icon
  • Official NPC

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:42 PM

Zolf was prepared for the girl to defend herself. A few slaps here and there, nothing he couldn't handle despite his look of fragility. But he underestimated her. Big time.

First, he assumed she was Anyeli. The wings were a dead giveaway, and while she might be an exceptional beauty that didn't register to him as her being anything else.

Second, given the colour and size of her wings, he assumed she was just a fledgling, and that she'd be defenseless because of it.

Well, he knew now from first-hand experience what they meant when they talked about what assuming did.

“Holy fudge on a bamboo stick!” It might have been almost comical the way he backed up, a leg and arm raised as a shield against the water, but Zolf wasn't laughing. When he realised the water was actually coming for him, he burst into motion, absently tossing the Marshal's legal writ in the air as if the jerking motion would give him greater speed.

“You'll pay for this, missy! Don't think I can't find you again! The Marshal will have you charged with obstruction of justice and then you'll see!”

Strontius, meanwhile, continued towards Isabel. He had been given an order and he would carry it out until he was given another order that countermanded it. Since Zolf hadn't yelled for help, the big man assumed (there was that word again) the skeletal man could take care of things for himself.

#11 User is offline   Isabel Icon

• Exceptional
  • Icon

Posted 18 February 2010 - 10:37 PM

She may have just signed her death warrant but Isabel was not just going to stand by and watch both men manhandle a defenseless woman. Or so she thought.

At first her attention was pulled away from the anyeli when the big guy spotted her and started moving towards her while pulling out, in a slow and deliberate way, her one and only weapon. That didn't detract her from her main concern, however. Weaponless equates to being defenseless and with her small build, she wouldn't be a match to him. Running was probably her only option. Surely she could easily outrun a big guy like him. She was about ready to sprint when something amazing happened. A huge gush of water suddenly appeared in front of the girl and rushed towards the two men. This however, did not distract the big guy in front of her. He continued approaching her in huge, menacing strides and it wouldn't be before he could reach her and wring her neck. Standing her ground, Isabel waited for a good opportunity to either steal back her dagger or run to safety while muttering to herself, “Patience Issy, patience...”
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   Euphenia Icon

• Icon

Posted 19 February 2010 - 02:52 AM

"That was new," Phen thought as the wiry man shouted in surprise and made a hasty getaway. His threat to report her to the marshal sent a cold chill of worry cascading down her spine. She didn't know who the marshal was, not personally, but she'd heard rumors floating about The Birdcage's dressing room that he'd recently lost his mind. The man had her sympathy, particularly since it was supposed to be the death of his wife that was the cause of it all, but such a man couldn't be trusted to make sound decisions concerning the welfare of others. In short, him hearing about her interference could land her into some serious trouble.

"Xanth take it," she swore softly, letting the coward go. There were others present that were still being threatened, and she wouldn't stand for it.

"I said you need to back off, Strontius!" she commanded the huge man, putting her will into the movement of the water she'd Called. What had splashed onto the ground rose up again, taking small bits of debris into its stream, and joined the rest of the flow. All of it was rushed towards Strontius's side with the crushing force of a waterfall. Phen might have put a little too much "oomph" into the effort, a fact she realized too late to do much more than attempt to slow the spinning deadly waters into something less likely to crush the dracovari's ribcage should it connect. She wanted him out of commission, not dead.

#13 User is offline   Official NPC Icon

• Remarkable
  • Icon
  • Official NPC

Posted 19 February 2010 - 02:04 PM

Sadly, Strontius wasn't the type to flee or quit once he'd been set on a particular path, so while the half-breed's display of water power was spectacular, it wasn't nearly enough to deter him. For that he'd pay, but for now he continued his hunt. Blood trickled from the blade of the dagger down his arm, and from the gaping wound in his thigh down his leg, to drip onto the cobbles under his massive feet, but the Rutilus paid no mind. He'd been beaten worse than this during his training.

He'd just never dealt with a Nyad before.

The force of the water and the debris carried with it slammed straight into his ribcage, stopping his breath and his heart with the sheer force. Just for a second, but it was enough to make him stagger of course, one hand still reaching for Isabel as the other squeezed around the hilt of her dagger.

“Strontius, you idiot, run!”

Strontius had planted his feet ready to push through the water and the pain, but now he was torn between following Zolf's strangled orders and proving his worth. No 'Vari should ever back down from a fight, certainly not against two seemingly harmless women, but an order was an order.

“Mrrrrgh.” His menacing growl was all he'd say on the subject, but it was clear from the way his face screwed up in a dark, grimacing glare that he wasn't happy. And that glare was aimed right at Isabel.

She was very, very fortunate neither man had seen her fangs.

“Let's go, let's go!”

Strontius went, taking Isabel's dagger with him and loping across the street to catch up with the thin man he called boss, leaving a blood trail behind him and the silent threat that if he ever saw either woman again, he wouldn't be fleeing next time.

“Don't worry,” Zolf could be heard assuring the much larger man as they chased off, his next words broken up by his panting and distance. “Marshal... deal with them...!”

#14 User is offline   Isabel Icon

• Exceptional
  • Icon

Posted 20 February 2010 - 10:11 AM

The force of the water hitting the guy took Isabel by surprise and made her took a few steps back. Amazingly though, it didn't look to have any effect on the guy. Rather, it made him angrier and him with him holding her bloody dagger with a menacing look, it was frightening.

“Strontius, you idiot, run!”

Isabel looked towards the thin guy and there was a sense of satisfaction seeing him run with his tail between his legs. Strontius however looked like he still wanted more but with an angry growl he took off but not before Isabel saw the twisted look on his face making a shiver run down her spine. A sure sign that things weren't over. The only good thing was that they didn't get a chance to check her.

The almost fight took a huge toll on her. Isabel breathed a sigh of relief then looked towards the anyeli. “Thank you. I actually didn't know what I was doing to tell you the truth. I just realized that learning to fight was very different than the actual fighting and... Damn! My dagger!” Isabel suddenly realized her empty sheath and the Strontius guy who took it. That didn't bold well for her since that would mean the big guy won't be forgetting her any time soon and she'd have to buy another one if anything like this would be happening again.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   Euphenia Icon

• Icon

Posted 21 February 2010 - 08:41 AM

Once Called, an element could be Shaped. When necessary, they who had performed the Calling could return it to its source, but what had already been effected by the summoned element remain changed. Thus when Phen sent the water she'd Called to her aid back into the pendant she always wore under her clothing, minus most of the debris since the neck of the pendant's bottle was too narrow to accommodate it, it left behind puddles of varying depths wherever it had splashed onto the ground. The nyad didn't bother to dry her clothing out right away, as the coolness of the air against her damp skin was helping to keep her mind sharp.

"Are you ...?" Phen began as she approached the woman the lumbering dracovari had been threatening, but the nyad went silent as she listened to what the human seeming lady had to say. When Isabel noticed that her dagger was gone, Phen looked around for it, just in case the thug had somehow dropped it on his way back to his "master". "He likely still has it," she noted with dismay.

Phen's thoughts were spinning faster and faster. She didn't want to have to consider what those men would do with an official writ, soaked clothing, a bloodied dagger, and chips on their shoulders. It seemed inevitable that she and the woman who had intervened were going to get involved much deeper in whatever was going on than Phen had originally intended. "So be it," the winged nymph said under her breath, then gasped softly as she took note of two remarkable events. One, Sanna was playing in one of the puddles Phen's Shaping had left behind. The angel snake was having a grand time hovering just above the ground and flicking her tail in the water. Second, the thin man had left the writ behind. A corner of the parchment was soaking up liquid from another puddle, luckily not the one Sanna was entertaining herself with, and the rest was in a crumpled heap.

"I'll be right back," the nyad said before walking in the direction of the forgotten writ, making sure to not look like she was in a hurry while covering a decent amount of ground at the same time. If one of the onlookers got the idea that she needed the writ, they just might nab it before she could reach it.

(( I'm assuming that when Zolf "tossed the Marshal's legal writ in the air as if the jerking motion would give him greater speed" that he actually lobbed the writ into the air and then forgot about it in his haste to escape. If my assumption is wrong, I will most certainly edit. :)

Eep! Edited to explain where all that water went. (: ))

#16 User is offline   Official NPC Icon

• Remarkable
  • Icon
  • Official NPC

Posted 21 February 2010 - 02:16 PM

((It's fine, CollyK. :D))

The legal writ was written on the finest naga paper in black calligraphy, signed and sealed by the Marshal himself. It said simply this:

I, the undersigned, do hereby grant the following named parties the authority to freely enter the homes of civilians in the search for any vampire that might dwell therein.

Zolf Lundgren
Strontius Anekios
Boris Strykerin
Vicente de Lellan

This warrant also permits the above to arrest any vampire found and confirmed, as well as any citizen who obstructs the search for vampires in any way. Should a confirmed vampire resist arrest, the named parties are authorised to use deadly force.

Signed,
Marshal Cáel Oisín

#17 User is offline   Isabel Icon

• Exceptional
  • Icon

Posted 21 February 2010 - 08:33 PM

“He likely still has it”

Isabel grimaced. Most likely and it would definitely serve as a reminder for him not to forget her face. What's troubling her now was where to get another dagger. Though she knew of a place that specializes on such instruments, the owner would most likely kill her right on the spot; no questions asked. Specially with the current situation which probably just about provided him enough reason to go on a killing spree... that is, if Xanth would have allowed it.

“I'll be right back”

Isabel was pulled back from her musings when the girl who helped her saw something that caught her eye. The first thing that Isabel saw was this curious little snake... with wings! An entirely different species she was sure never existed on Earth. She was just about to approach the curious little creature when she noticed the girl picked up something from the ground. It was the writ the thin guy had been waving around before he tuck tail and ran. “Isn't that...”

Not wanting to be rude or anything, Isabel couldn't help but take a peek over the girl's shoulder. She wanted to know badly what was really in store for her and the others like her. Reading it didn't made her feel any better.

'This warrant also permits the above to arrest any vampire found and confirmed...' Are they crazy!?” Isabel automatically covered her mouth in the hopes of trying to hide her fangs and thoughts of the past several minutes went through her head. Did they saw her fangs? Do they know where she lives? Highly unlikely but it's hard to take chances...

'Should a confirmed vampire resist arrest, the named parties are authorized to use deadly force.'

Speaking to no one in particular and with her hand still covering her mouth, Isabel spoke in a subdued tone. "Looks like the marshal is really desperate to catch this killer. I wonder if it would be safe to go back home..."
Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 User is offline   Euphenia Icon

• Icon

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:05 PM

Phen's eyes had been known to shift in color. Some said it was according to her mood. When she was angry or frustrated, their violet would get brighter and brighter. It was actually kind of eerie if one wasn't used to it.

The nyad's eyes were practically glowing violet as she read the writ.

"Are they crazy?!"

"The two men we 'met' aren't," Phen commented quietly as she looked the writ over one more time, "But the marshal is fast proving to be."

She looked up from her reading to briefly study Isabel's face, her lips forced into a small smile. Then she rolled the writ up slowly but casually, as if it weren't of any great importance. Then she opened her satchel and tucked the thing inside before securing the bag's flap. "Act frightened," she whispered, "People are staring. You panicked because you thought they were going to hurt me or worse."

With that, Phen reached out to try and press the palm of her hand comfortingly upon Isabel's shoulder. "I'm alright. I can handle myself," she assured the other woman with a more genuine smile, "Thank you for your help. If you had not distracted the big one, I don't know if my trick would have worked."

"Are you alright?" Phen asked, finishing what she was originally going to ask Isabel, "You're shaking. Here, let's get you somewhere warm. Do you like tea? I know of a wonderful little cafe that my friends introduced me to. First, though, I want to check on someone."

Phen tried to guide Isabel while she was talking to be first closer to Sanna, so she could snag her angel snake and wrap the winged reptile about her throat where Sanna would be safe. If that was successful, then she would start heading for the door the mother of the victimized little boy had disappeared behind along with her child.

Phen knocked on the humble domicile's door politely. "Miss?" she inquired, "It's the girl who asked if you needed assistance earlier, and a kind woman who helped me escape a terrible fate at the hands of those wicked men. The men are gone now, miss. May we talk with you?"

(( Let me know if there needs to be any editing, Amber. :) ))

#19 User is offline   Isabel Icon

• Exceptional
  • Icon

Posted 25 February 2010 - 02:10 PM

Isabel allowed herself to be comforted. She actually didn't need to act frightened. She was frightened. If the marshal doesn't stop this nonsensical vampire-hunt soon... She didn't want to think about what could happen to her.

“Are you alright? You're shaking. Here, let's get you somewhere warm. Do you like tea? I know of a wonderful little cafe that my friends introduced me to. First, though, I want to check on someone.”

Isabel gave the girl a small, closed-lip reassuring smile. “I'm fine, thanks. Just a little shaken up though. And tea would be great. I need something to chase out the uneasiness. I'm Isabel, by the way.” Throughout it all, Isabel tried hard not to open her mouth more than necessary as to not to reveal her fangs. It wasn't that she didn't trust the girl,she wouldn't even introduce herself if that were the case, she just doesn't trust anybody else. In this kind of situation, you never know what people would do in desperation just to get out of trouble.

Isabel silently followed the girl who first took the strange flying snake. So that was hers. She was quite tempted to pat the snake just to see if it were real but held herself back as they reached the home of the mother and child who were being tormented by the two men earlier.

((Everything's fine.. n.n Sorry for the wait..))
Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 User is offline   Official NPC Icon

• Remarkable
  • Icon
  • Official NPC

Posted 26 February 2010 - 05:09 PM

“Please. Please just go away.”

The woman's voice, muffled by the closed door, was a heartfelt plea. She felt absolutely awful for not helping the young woman the way she'd helped her and her son, but she had her baby to protect. Neither she nor her husband were strong enough to lift their heads above the crowd. What would happen to her baby boy if she was arrested? Even on trumped-up charges, she'd learned a long time ago that people like her could easily be punished for something they hadn't done. She couldn't risk it.

And the girl out front was trouble. The good kind, the kind kind, helping and defending those who were weaker than herself. But she was still trouble.

“Please. We're fine, but I... I'm so sorry, please just go.”

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked