Elysian Fields: It's Oh So Quiet (Finished.) - Elysian Fields

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

It's Oh So Quiet (Finished.) continued from "The early bird catches a big fat worm" Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Kiel Icon

• Hawt, hawt, hawt! :D
  • Icon

Posted 01 June 2010 - 07:21 PM

“Accident?” The skin above Kiel's eyebrows wrinkled as he pouted, disappointed that Nic hadn't been hurt in some more glamorous fashion, then almost immediately smoothed out when the dude tacked on that whole 'kumo' thing. “Like, dude, for sers?! You went up against a kumo? Man, those things are way creepy, you know? I was down in the tunnels this one time - like, at Rowan, you know?” he added, forgetting the guy wouldn't know Rowan from the bottom of his own street, “And, like, I totally had to get rescued. By a chick! She was hot, though, hahahaha.

Don't tell Zeph I said that.

But she used me as bait,”
he mourned. “Like, it was 'cause I got stuck in the web, you know? But this dude, the chick's brother or something, used this acid stuff, right, he said it was an oleaginous acid or something? I dunno, I dunno what it means. I'm kinda surprised I remember it actually 'cause I so don't do good with words, hahahahaha. I guess 'cause it such a weird one, but, like, I hate to shove you out the door, man, but I gotta go to work, okay? Work, work. For money, you know, to pay the bills?” Miming the use of Zeph's hammer even though the big furball still hadn't taught him anything cool, Kiel pointed at the door and tried his best to look apologetic.

#22 User is offline   Nicolay Icon

• Noteworthy
  • Icon

Posted 02 June 2010 - 12:03 PM

Nicolay was smiling and nodding the entire time Kiel was telling him a really long story even if, for all he knew, that first exclamation could have been, “You're stupid enough to take on a kumo?!” which he wasn't and which he did not! But the thought was pretty much there, anyway. Everything Kiel said to him went over his head and a part of him had decided it was all right not to listen to him since it wasn't like he was going to get quizzed about the history of Kiel's life, anyway, but his gestures did catch his attention -- and he stood up with another, “Oh!”

Well, what do you know? Kiel was a psychic. And he hadn't even needed to goad how he felt like he had overstayed his welcome. Nicolay took it as that he had something to do and he was being on the way but if it gave him the exit he needed, he'd take anything. Smiling brightly still, he said to Kiel, “All right. Thank you,” for everything, he meant. He also extended his right hand to him. “It was nice meeting you.” He would have added the intention of seeing him again if he just knew how to say it.
Posted Image
Avatar, profile picture and signature all made by ice_cubed@LJ

#23 User is offline   Kiel Icon

• Hawt, hawt, hawt! :D
  • Icon

Posted 02 June 2010 - 03:39 PM

Kiel kinda felt bad for turfing Nic out, but Zeph had stayed at the forge last night, so he was totally missing the big hairball. That might have been why he hadn't slept well last night - he only seemed to really settle when he was snuggling with Zeph or Shane - and now he was fully up and raring to go, he didn't want to be late or, like, accidentally-on-purpose goad his boss into giving him that look.

“Like, I dunno why you're thanking me, man, I should be thanking you! Hahahaha.” He had to stare at the proffered hand a second to realise what Nic was doing, though. He'd seen a few people shaking hands since moving to the mainland, but it wasn't a common gesture back on Dardanos. Except among warriors, and Kiel kinda sorta tended to forget he was one.

Clasping Nic's forearm, like he'd seen his dad and gramps do with fellow warriors, Kiel grinned. “C'mon, man, I'll walk you back to the road.” Which was only, like, a few yards down the drive, but still. “I'd totally walk you back to town, man, but I gotta go the other way, sorry. But, like, hey, hey, if you ever need a weapon, you should totally come check out my boyfriend's smithy, man, he makes the awesomest weapons you've ever seen, right? C'mon, c'mon Shane, let's go, let's go!”

#24 User is offline   Nicolay Icon

• Noteworthy
  • Icon

Posted 03 June 2010 - 11:31 AM

Nicolay neglected to say anything, only smiling and nodding at him, his feet following the direction out the door with Kiel besides him. Thinking about it, he felt a little sad that he couldn't understand what this man was saying -- after all, he seemed like the first friend he'd made by his own volition and not by the accidental circumstances presented upon him that could very well be linked to his experience in the forest.

When he could, he reached and ran his fingers through Shane for a goodbye ruffle, and mixed with it mentally his gratitude and apology for everything they'd shared that suddenly very long morning. The rest of the way to where he and Kiel would part, he didn't say anything anymore, having grown tired of exhausting his Elysian vocabulary and worried that he might just prolong his stay if he even tried another attempt.

Reaching the road, then, Nicolay took his cue that he was on his own and spinning to meet Kiel, he waved at him. I really hope we'll see each other, again, he thought and meant to say it mentally to his host. It would be a shame, after all, if they didn't follow up their rather, adventurous meeting with another.

Hopefully in better terms, he added to himself. He was definitely looking forward to a second meeting where he would understand everything he said.

Turning round his heels, hands in his pockets, he started walking back to town.

OOC: Hope this is okay! If Kiel has something else to do before they parted, please tell me and I'll edit accordingly. ♥
Posted Image
Avatar, profile picture and signature all made by ice_cubed@LJ

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic