Elysian Fields: Between Rhyme and Reason [O: Txelu] - Elysian Fields

Alexshire

Alexshire is a city-state straddling the River Cora. It is made up of the City of Alexandria, a couple of hamlets, and 300 square miles of farmland. The rich district (known as New Alexandria) houses some 5,000 of the city's wealthiest merchants and officials, and was built around Elysia's main portal.
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Between Rhyme and Reason [O: Txelu] So, an acolyte and a vampire go into this shelter ... Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Euphenia Icon

• A wild threader has appeared!
  • Icon

Posted 02 August 2010 - 05:11 PM

Phen looked both relieved and concerned as Dawn left the room. She bit her lower lip, glad that she'd averted Trick from possibly accosting Txelu but at the same time worried for the golden retreiver Dawn had been doting on the last few days. "Butterfly, I know that you love all of your creations," Phen prayed, "Please send Your healing light to Goldie and Patches. Both are innocents, and so trusting of our care."

"Dawn's a very upbeat person."

She continued on to the cupboard as she sent her thoughts to her goddess, as Phen's body knew the way. After gathering what she needed, the nyad smiled at Txelu on her way back. "Trick says it's because of Christie. I haven't known Dawn for very long, but Trick's been her best friend for years. She described the old Dawn as being very reserved and self conscious."

"Kind of like how I was when I first came here," Phen thought to herself as she set her burden down and began to arrange towels.

"Maybe a quiet, peaceful one with lots of patience and a liking for music."

He hadn't said the words very loudly, but since Dawn and Trick had taken their conversation down the hall, and despite the many mews and meows, Phen overheard Txelu anyway. Almost immediately, she got an idea. A brilliant, beautiful idea. "Txelu, have you ever bathed a kitten before?" she asked while beckoning him over with one hand. "I was just about to get started with Patches, but Puff could use some attention."

She pointed at a nearby kennel. "If you would fetch him for me, you will have my appreciation."

#22 User is offline   Txelu Icon

• Humble
  • Icon

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:41 AM

(( *huffpuff* Skyla eez here to dutifully end the thread as planned!! ;||| Even though I'm non-fashionably late. Thanks for the Gmod permish! ))

No, in fact Txelu had not bathed a kitten before, or most animals for that matter. Sophy always cleaned herself. However he was happy to try, and Phen looked like she could appreciate some help.

Puff ended up a total surprise (and not because he was almost quite literally a puffball). "A blind kitten?" Txelu asked, looking at Phen in sympathy and shock as scooped up the ball of raven black fur from where the feline was waiting to be washed. His large eyes were pale, the color a mixture of blue and green.

And he was very light, too. Txelu tucked him delicately into the bathing tub, taking care to make the cat comfortable and doing his best not to sneeze on the little thing. As fragile as he looked though, Puff ended up showing himself as quite sturdy. He moved about the water with ease, a lump of glossy black in the clear, foamy liquid. His temperament, on the other hand, perfectly matched his appearance. The kitten was quiet, gentle, and highly attentive to his surroundings. Lo' and behold, Sophy already loved him. She dangled her ribbon over the edge of the tub playfully, and Puff waved his paw at it as he sensed its presence.

- - - - - - - - - -

"Well, I think I found the perfect companion for Adelie," Txelu declared happily as he filled out the paper work with flying colors, Phen watching as guidance nearby. He handed the finished forms to her as well as the fees.

After his new nymphly friend had kindly showed him to the door, Txelu somehow turned around and produced most of the xanthos that were on him to present to the acolyte. "May I make a donation right now?" he asked cheerfully. "If you don't take it, I'll be insulted. Besides, you gave Sophy your ribbon." He waved good-bye and left the shelter with Ella's impending wrath quite near in his future.

(( Thank you so much for another great thread, Colly! <3 ))

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic