Elysian Fields: Cleric Me This [Costume Competition] - Elysian Fields

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Cleric Me This [Costume Competition] Deadline: 27th September, 2010 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Official NPC Icon

• Remarkable
  • Icon
  • Group: Writer
  • Official NPC
  • Race:Newcomer
  • Profile:View
  • Job(s):ONPC

Posted 10 September 2010 - 05:42 PM

Greetings, Children of Xanth! My name is Fay Prydwen and I am the High Wisdom of the Priesthood of Xanth. You may have heard of me? Well, I assure you the rumours of our greed are completely untrue...

In any event, I come to you for help. It seems that my priests' robes are somewhat outdated. We were so enamoured of the idea of reviving the old Priesthood in its entirety, but there have been some comments made about our aged style and I feel we must modernise somewhat if we are ever to gain the support we desperately need. I have heard that you have a keen eye for these sorts of things, so I offer what few funds the Priesthood has in order to commission a new design.

You see, myself and the High Circle agree that our robes need updating. Our priests cannot be traipsing across muddy landscapes in those old-fashioned things, tripping over hems here and being dragged off by the hood there. However! We also require a style that maintains the Priesthood's formality and humility. These are uniforms in a sense; Elysians must be able to recognise us at a glance, even without our Marks. And of course we wish to keep the colours the Priesthood has long held, for their significance and symbolism pertaining to my Lady Xanth, as well as in memory of the priests of old.

So, do you understand my wishes? Of course I will pay for your assistance, though naturally we must keep some back for fabric and such. Still, I will give you what I can.

Interested yet?

Your job for this contest is to design a set of robes for the Priesthood. You can choose to design for any of the ranks from acolyte to High Wisdom, or you can submit multiple entries if you'd like a bash at all four. All you have to do is go to a dollmaker (like tektek, the Doll Palace, Arvee, or any that give you permission to use their stuff in this manner) and make up a custom doll of your design, then post the image (with credit) as a reply to this thread.

You can find more information about the current designs here. Remember, the colours need to stay the same but you have room to play with the design itself (as long as it's not, like, jet packs or something xP).

Prizes:

The winner for each rank, chosen by Emma, will receive ζ200. They may also be posted on the Priesthood's page as a visual representation of their uniforms.

Deadline:

Please submit your entries by midnight (GMT) on the 20th 27th of September 2010. The winner will be announced by the 22nd 30th.

Have fun but don't be shy if you have questions! :D
This is a staff NPC account used by the Official Writers. Why not request an appearance?

#2 User is offline   Kiel Icon

• Hawt, hawt, hawt! :D
  • Icon

Posted 17 September 2010 - 05:50 PM

Posted Image

This is not a real entry 'cause that'd suck with me judging, but just my idea for the priests' robes.

btw, this is not Kiel, despite the hair. (:

#3 User is offline   Isabel Icon

• Exceptional
  • Icon

Posted 19 September 2010 - 11:48 AM

my uber simple and not-so-perfect entry XD (I hope I did it right... :/ )
All dolls credit to Arvee

Acolyte
Posted Image

Priest
Posted Image

High Priest
Posted Image

High Wisdom
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
.:: Charlotte Kemp Muhl :: kime-stock :: Princess-of-Shadows :: Manfred Klein :: Emma ::.
.:: Full credits are in my Journal ::.

#4 User is offline   Xanth Icon

• The Creator
  • Icon

Posted 21 September 2010 - 12:40 PM

I'm extending this contest to next Monday (the 27th) to give more people chance to enter. :)

#5 User is offline   Kazuma Icon

• Modest
  • Icon

Posted 27 September 2010 - 02:16 PM

From tektek.org. Excuse the priest's costume, I had to make it *.jpg because of problems with transparency.

Acolyte
Posted Image

Priest
Posted Image

High Priest
Posted Image

High Wisdom
Posted Image
Posted Image
Avatar, profile picture and signature all made by ice_cubed@LJ

#6 User is offline   Kiel Icon

• Hawt, hawt, hawt! :D
  • Icon

Posted 27 September 2010 - 06:46 PM

Hehe, I did some more just for the fun of it. <3

((Ah, Livvy, one of your images has gone funny, though? :())

Posted Image
Acolyte

Posted Image
Priest (which would make my original concept a High Priest instead)

Posted Image
High Wisdom (but it doesn't really fit the colours, so... <_<)

I'm so glad for the entries! I'll leave it until tomorrow before ending the contest though so if anyone else wants to enter, please do! <3

ETA: I forgot to credit, they're all from Arvee.

#7 User is offline   Official NPC Icon

• Remarkable
  • Icon
  • Group: Writer
  • Official NPC
  • Race:Newcomer
  • Profile:View
  • Job(s):ONPC

Posted 28 September 2010 - 01:47 PM

Oh, my. You two have really outdone yourselves with these designs! I really like them all but alas I must choose the ones which best suit our purposes. For that, let's see: this one, this one, and those two. *claps enthusiastically* I shall send out the acolytes for the fabrics right now!

Oh, but of course, I haven't forgotten your reward!

And so our winners are as follows!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

I've judged the entries based on how close they stuck to Fay's demands and the costumes outlined in the Priesthood page. Many, many thanks to Liv and Amber for entering! You both have earned ζ400 each. :)

Thank you again, ladies. <3
This is a staff NPC account used by the Official Writers. Why not request an appearance?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked