• Specialty:Azat
  • Profile:View
  • Abilities:View
  • Fame:+10
  • Emma
  • Player Limits:View
  • Other Characters:Kiel, Maaike, Xanth, Dazadi, Piper, Faroah, Vicious

Posted 25 January 2011 - 02:09 PM

Zeko stretched. The ride from Marport had been a short one compared to the sometimes weeks spent at sea hunting ships, but living aboard the Artega always turned his knees to goldrush when his feet hit solid ground.

“Three hours, lads!” Waving vaguely to indicate that he'd heard the reminder, Zeko adjusted the fold of his wings and set off. He'd barely taken a step when he heard running footsteps.

“Father. Father! Wait for me, already!” Well, that was annoying. What was more annoying still was the glee on his face, barely dented by the grumble in his voice, when he explained that, “Luc gave me a shopping list.” If Zeko gave him such an errand to run while he went off to get drunk, as Luc no doubt was doing right now, he was sure Malik would be wearing an entirely different expression.

“Show some respect for your father, boy.” Clipping his son upside the head, Zeko ignored the boy's scowl. The blow wasn't hard enough to hurt, so he was sure rubbing his head was a means to make him feel guilt. Elysia was clearly having a negative effect on Malik, and Layla had not been doing her job as his mother. “Keep up, then,” Zeko said, sweeping his quarterstaff over his shoulder so that the gold stars and moons jangled together.

Malik grumbled something about him being unfair as they stepped off the stone pier where the Artega was riding low (this time with legal and legitimate goods), so the last thing the rest of the crew saw, as father and son disappeared behind another ship, was the sight of him clipping Malik upside the head again, and the boy's scowl aimed at his back.
doll by me
shinjin base by leviathen

#2 User is offline   Nero Icon

• Lowly
  • Icon

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:05 PM

If the boy could be a little more honest, though, he should realize that he should have said "lists".

The second page laid abandoned and unloved in the damp stones of the port and would have nearly received Nero's foot smack dab in the middle of it if he hadn't seen it fly off the younger Zanaryan's grasp. Slipping his hands out of his pockets, he snatched the thing before the wind could have a chance to snatch it away and take it to the sea and he read through the items listed (and scratched off) in the piece of note before he looked up to father and son.

“Hey,” he called to them, voice resonating over the everyday murmurs of the locals although no one paid him mind and he, for all his helpfulness, merely stood in his spot and lifted to wave the paper at the pair.
Posted Image
Avatar, profile picture and signature all made by ice_cubed@LJ

#3 User is offline   Zozeko Icon

• Humble
  • Icon
  • Group: Retired
  • Zozeko ibn Nihim
  • Looks:34
  • Race:Zanaryan
  • Class:Djinn
  • Emma

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:17 PM

“Hey.”

Assuming the call was meant for someone else, Zeko barely let it register as he paused to get his bearings. As often as their ship docked here, they weren't always around long enough to make landfall and if their cargo was of a more... sensitive nature he'd help with the unloading to make it go faster. The view of the city from the docks was always changing, something that was probably noticeable to someone like him because he spent so little time here.

“Where are you headed, father?” Malik asked helpfully, as if he'd have any better idea of their route than Zozeko himself. The boy had spent even less time here, though Luc was from around here somewhere so maybe he'd given instructions along with the list.

As he held out his staff in the direction he thought they should be heading, and opened his mouth to answer the question, he heard another, “Hey!” This time, the repetition was enough to draw his gaze, and Zeko realised it was his attention the fiery-haired stranger was trying to draw.

The stars and moons attached to his wings and quarterstaff jangled fiercely as he shuffled both, his lack of patience crystal clear. He reigned it in, however, since they could ill afford losing the custom. “If you're looking for passage, for yourself or cargo, you need to speak to the captain. He's still aboard,” he added, as a man talking down to a young child, in case the redhead didn't realise that he himself wasn't in charge, and pointed with his quarterstaff again, accompanied by more jangling, toward the Artega even though the ship was hidden behind another docked closer to the inner piers.
doll by me

#4 User is offline   Nero Icon

• Lowly
  • Icon

Posted 26 January 2011 - 03:12 PM

Nero's jaw promptly dropped and he stared round-eyed at the Zanaryan and his companion. His features were frozen in that manner for a couple more moments while the half-breed debated between scowling at him and laughing at him. Wow, what was in his brain? For one, he didn't even know the guy belonged to a ship. Hel, he couldn't even tell which one of them was his even if he cared! And moreover, did he look like he was looking for a ship ride?

So much for being helpful.

“Listen, I don't care about your ship or cargo. You dropped something,” Nero didn't mean to make his syllables sharp and his voice whole and bold (or maybe he did, just...didn't want to admit it) but he hadn't really thought of any other way of relaying his message, especially if he still felt like laughing but at least the corners of his lips have managed to control themselves. Really, people can be so full of themselves!

From its lifted height, Nero stabbed the air across him with a jab of the piece of note to the Zanaryans' direction. “Here,” he said, again. So much ado for a piece of scrap...
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Zozeko Icon

• Humble
  • Icon
  • Zozeko ibn Nihim
  • Emma

Posted 26 January 2011 - 03:25 PM

Nero's unfriendliness was matched with an equally unfriendly sigh, and yet another clip up the back of Malik's head which sent the boy staggering forward to collect the crumpled piece of paper. “Some cabin boy you are, losing half the job.”

The younger Zanaryan snatched the list from the redhead without looking at him, too busy glaring at his father from under the elbow he'd raised so he could rub his head again, shoulder-length black hair sticking up and out messily from the ruffle. He was a disgrace, but what kind of role model would Zeko be if he forgot his manners?

“Shehk hellah.” Accompanied by a curt bow, with his heels clipping together as he bent slightly over his staff, Zeko inclined his head. Then gripped Malik by the scruff of his neck to drag him into a similar bow, since he hadn't done so himself. What in Paia had Layla been teaching the boy? And yet she'd done so well with Ikram and Judani. Perhaps Luc was not the good influence Zeko had hoped for.

“Pardon me,” Zeko thought to add, his Elysian grammar failing him a little. “The nearest perfumer where is?” He had promised to throw some "sweet" smelling concoctions at Malik as soon as they docked, though why Sebastian sent him was anyone's guess. To him, Malik still had that wonderful smell of a child (which made it all the harder to imagine where his recent attitude might possibly originate), but he supposed if Malik was with him they could use the perfumer's nose to find something passable for Elysians.
doll by me

#6 User is offline   Nero Icon

• Lowly
  • Icon

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:21 PM

...where is the nearest perfumer, he meant.

For all of Nero's differences, it was a wonder that he shouldn't be more open-minded about racial distinctions. Well, he was open-minded! He didn't care what anyone was so long as they didn't irritate him or get in the way but there were just some things that he couldn't just...let go. Like twisted sentences and failed accents.

Well, there was no need to linger on that thought. The half-breed reminded himself of his position as the good helper so he pointed vaguely to the left direction with his covered left arm. “There's one just around the corner. Cross Melva Avenue and go right and when you've reached Chantal Street, turn there and walk straight ahead. It'll take you to Espar Boulevard and if you cross that, you'll find Fontanir Street...somewhere to your left, I think it's the third one from Miscachus. Turn to Fontanir, turn right and at the second corner, turn left. You should find the perfumer right there.” He just didn't currently remember the name of the perfumer he was talking about.

“That's the shortcut, by the way,” he added helpfully.
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Zozeko Icon

• Humble
  • Icon
  • Zozeko ibn Nihim
  • Emma

Posted 28 January 2011 - 06:55 PM

Zozeko was following along quite nicely until the redhead reached Fontanir, and then he found himself swimming in a sea of directions. He went to Miscachus and then back to Fontanir, and the words in between became muddled.

“I beg your pardon?” He didn't, really. He didn't beg anyone's pardon, or beg at all for that matter, but it was the only equivalent in Elysian to what Zanaryans usually said in this kind of situation so it would have to do. Honestly, he'd spent as much time here as he had his home world, but was it his fault he still stumbled on occasion? The man was talking too fast, and in a language Zeko had resisted for the first few years of his Lord-inflicted post.

Malik at least seemed to have followed the directions with more comprehension, but if the glassy look in his red eyes was anything to go by... they'd be here until next Penteminas. “Would you repeat that kindly, and slowly? Malik, where's your pen?”

“Don't have one,” the boy responded sullenly, only to receive another head-swat.

“You have a list and no pen to check off the things you buy? What is Luc teaching you?”

It was clear on Malik's face that the boy wanted to say "More than you", but at least Layla had taught him better manners than to talk back to his father (much more than he already had) out on the street where anyone could see, and in front of a stranger, no less! He'd be punished for the scowl later.

“Or perhaps you could actually guide us there if you were heading in that direction?”
doll by me

#8 User is offline   Nero Icon

• Lowly
  • Icon

Posted 30 January 2011 - 03:19 AM

No, he wasn't.

“Sure,” Nero said eventually with a secret sigh and a tightening of his lips as he ran his hand through the back of his hair for a bit before he dropped his arm and gestured for father and son to follow him while he started towards the pathway that was going to take them to Melva Avenue. He made no point to look over his shoulder or slow his pace (not that he was walking very fast) for the sake of his two -- fellow -- visitors. If their scent, anyway, was any indication, he knew they were close by and given their question, he understood that they knew better than to suddenly walk away and get lost in another side of the city. Or well, at least he never made that mistake during his first time in Espur.

Melva Avenue was narrow for an avenue and rather shadowed by the tall unkempt trees that lined it on the right side where Nero and his friends entered, its left side being blocked by marble fences that were otherwise not very fresh-looking any longer. With the confidence of a local, Nero waved the two Zanaryans on as he swept his gaze around his surroundings, hands in his pockets, sticking out like a dead nail with his black clothes in the middle of fashion that was more varied or light-hearted than his.

In the middle of walking, he stumbled a little, and called over his shoulder (because he was supposed to be helpful), “By the way, watch your wings. Unless they're feathered, you'd better keep them close.”
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   Lazuli Icon

• A wild threader has appeared!
  • Icon

Posted 30 January 2011 - 03:46 PM

New winds, new colors, new flavors, new people... Lazuli breathed in the fish-scented air with the passion of an adventurer arriving in a new world.

That is, at least for her, someone who had never yet set foot in Espur as of that day. The reason owed to her job, for a few days ago she had received notice of a wealthy old nymph residing in this city who wanted a portrait done. And so Lazuli had come as soon as convenient to fulfill the commission. It would be the first expansion of her business into territory so far outside the walls of New Alexandria.

Late morning, Lazuli thought, glancing at the blue sky streaked with friendly cotton clouds. I made good time.

Quite good time, actually, since the old Mrs. Reneer was not expecting her till at least mid-afternoon. Although the woman would be providing house for her while the portrait was in progression, Lazuli still did not want to intrude early. Besides, it had been in her mind to acquire a gift for the elderly nymph. It hit her that perhaps she should have already done this in New Alexandria, but a local shop would do.

“The nearest perfumer where is?”

While standing by, trying to decide where to go, Lazuli couldn't help but overhear the latter parts of a nearby conversation. Taking a quick, innocent survey, she spotted a light-haired, regal Zanaryan with a staff and son in tow, and a grumpy red-headed man. When they headed off, she took after them, her carry-on bag bouncing against her thigh (it was a good thing all her heavy art supplies had been sent directly to the house!).

“Excuse me!” the nyad called out, catching up fairly quickly and keeping herself beside the group. “I would like to see the perfumer, too. Would you mind if I tagged along? I'm new here as well, you see.” She directed the question at M. Red-Head, since he appeared to be the more knowledgeable of the two where Espur was concerned. To the Zanaryan and son, she smiled a greeting.
Posted Image

Posted Image

journal // credits // doll by Emma ♥

#10 User is offline   Zozeko Icon

• Humble
  • Icon
  • Zozeko ibn Nihim
  • Emma

Posted 30 January 2011 - 04:34 PM

Zeko blinked. Surely the redhead could see that their wings were not feathered? Or was that some kind of snide remark about their not being Anyeli? Well, maybe other Zanaryans would have been polite enough, or wary enough of the prejudices still held against them, to keep their mouths shut, but not Zozeko ibn Nihim ibn Karahim!

“Was that meant to insulwhat?! Ah.” A little embarrassed for being caught in a bad mood by a Nymph - and could she honestly be anything else with her looks? - Zeko drew in a sharp breath and snapped the butt of his staff to the pavement abruptly. It was plain manners to assist her, and his gaze on Nero said as much, but he did not have to like it. Weren't Nymphs supposed to be environmentally savvy? Though, yes, he supposed being in a city might disorient her just as it had him, though for entirely different reasons.

“For my part, ah'niss, you are welcome.” But as he introduced himself to her, he realised he had not done so with the churlish redhead, and was shamed. “I am Azat Djinn Zozeko Zubaidin ibn Nihim al-Khayridji aal-Marport.” He bowed curtly so that the stars and moons dangling from his wings and staff jingled merrily, and once more dragged his son into a similar bow since he had still not learned his own manners. “And this is my son, Djan Malik ibn Zozeko al-Khayri il'Artega. You may call us Zozeko,” though he would prefer that any strange woman call him "Ayydh" as was proper, “and Malik. This... kind young man, I do not know his name?”
doll by me

#11 User is offline   Nero Icon

• Lowly
  • Icon

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:37 PM

There were a couple of reasons why Nero hadn't been able to keep his mouth shut for the second time. One was the sudden nymph who, for some odd reason, instantly decided that they were nice folks, another was the Zanaryan's sudden change of air (not that it suddenly smelt like flowers around him) and thirdly, that is a really long name.

Lastly, what is up with that question?

“Why're you asking me if you know my name?” Nero snorted openly. “It's Nero,” he said, anyway.

To their new friend, he gestured to her with a wide wave of sorts. “Well, he doesn't seem to mind so I guess it's all right. Come along, then.” Slipping his hands back into his pockets, he turned heels and continued his walk. It might be noticed that his tone was also kinder to the new nymph and it was no wonder. Nero shared half her nature, after all.

“By the way, if we're suddenly lost, don't blame me. 'm not a local here,” he warned over his shoulder. Just so they're clear.

OOC: You guys can fast forward if you want!
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   Lazuli Icon

• Icon

Posted 31 January 2011 - 03:21 PM

“Thank you both very much,” Lazuli said appreciatively when they allowed her to come along. People really were good, weren't they? She was glad that she had decided to approach them. “My name is Lazuli Kitay,” she continued cheerfully, giving her full name because the polite M. Zozeko had been kind enough to do so. “Nice to meet you, sirs.” When Zozeko and Malik bowed, she reacted by bowing as well.

“By the way, if we're suddenly lost, don't blame me. 'm not a local here.”

Lazuli shook her head faithfully. “Of course not! It was I who asked to accompany.”

As they began walking and she noticed that the air around M. Nero didn't seem to be one of particular perky light-heartedness (and Zozeko neither, in truth), she toned her cheer down a little to become more synonymous with the overall mood... if it was possible in Lazuli to turn so suddenly melancholy.

She walked silently and calmly with the group as they passed brick buildings, narrow lanes, and hoards of merchants and customers. When they reached Chantal Street she said conversationally, with a fairly serious yet curious look on her face, “May I ask what you are both here for, since none of us are locals? I'm here to do a portrait for a Mrs. Jaine Reneer; it's very exciting!”
Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 User is offline   Zozeko Icon

• Humble
  • Icon
  • Zozeko ibn Nihim
  • Emma

Posted 03 February 2011 - 01:52 PM

Zozeko blinked. This kind young man was perhaps a bit of an idiot if he could not tell that Zeko had not been asking if he knew the man's name, but suggesting politely that he should give it. As long as he lived, the Zanaryan would never understand the sheer lack of manners here in Elysia, but it had never really bothered him before. It only did now because Malik seemed to be at a rebellious age and was taking the Elysian influence too far. Zozeko did not wish for his son to copy this young man, in particular.

“Of course not! It was I who asked to accompany.”

“Indeed.” The same was true of Zozeko, but he still felt that the redhead had agreed to guide them under false pretences. Granted, he had not declared himself of Espur, but neither had he warned them, while they were still at the docks, that he may be leading them astray. Such was irksome, to say the least, but with a female present he would hold his tongue. They were such weak things, no doubt she would wail and faint if her guide entered into an argument with him.

Malik, at least, kept his silence like a good boy for once.

“May I ask what you are both here for, since none of us are locals? I'm here to do a portrait for a Mrs. Jaine Reneer; it's very exciting!”

Zozeko inclined his head to the boy, bidding him speak so he would not have to answer himself. “The crew think I stink, so my dear father is preparing to drench me in Elysian perfumes.” Perhaps Zeko should have been the one to answer after all, and for the sarcastic emphasis on the word "dear", he clipped the boy's ear. Not that such stopped the boy from continuing, as he rubbed his pinkened ear, “You don't think I smell, Miss Kitay, do you?”
doll by me

#14 User is offline   Nero Icon

• Lowly
  • Icon

Posted 03 February 2011 - 03:04 PM

Nero made no effort to hide the restrained laughter-- guffaw that was just nearly ripped out of his ribcage. His followers could see this by the jerk of his shoulders up and his quick hunch, as well as the noise that he'd made. Well, that was a considerable improvement, if he were to be honest. Years ago, he would have belched out a cheer without care.

He made no move to respond to Lazuli Kitay's question. When he found an opening to his right, he followed his map faithfully, without delay, and only looked over his shoulder occasionally to see if the merry threesome was still behind him. The crowd grew as they reached Espar Boulevard and he'd nearly forgotten about his party behind him as he attacked the throng without a pause. He stopped in the middle of it, coming in the way of a few passers and only continued on his way when the glares were increasing and when he was sure that they'd catch up just fine. By the time they'd left Fontanir, the crowd had thinned out.

The perfumer he -- and he supposed his new friends -- were looking for was called Clarita's Scents and it was a tiny box of a shop with all sides of the wall barricaded by three-rowed glass counters, all decorated by different shapes and sizes of vials, some clear, some tinted in different shades. The walls were made of mahogany with a wall mirror at the back of a blonde human standing beside an opened portion of the middle counter headed straight to a closed door where a hefty backpack sat undisturbed at the corner of it. They would assume this woman was named Clarita.

But Nero called to her with a different name. “Hey, Jesse.”

The human, taking down accounts, looked up to her visitors behind her glasses and popped up her brow at the presence of her old friend. “Nero?” she greeted with unexcited surprise. “Hadn't you scrammed out of Espur years ago?”

“Am I not allowed to visit?” Nero snorted as he arrived to the counter and pressed his weight against it as he nodded over his shoulder. “Anyway, I brought you some buyers. Be grateful.”

Jesse the human leaned over to her side and waved to her customers.

OOC: Jesse is controllable ofc~
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   Zozeko Icon

• Humble
  • Icon
  • Zozeko ibn Nihim
  • Emma

Posted 10 February 2011 - 02:31 PM

The shaking of Nero's shoulders, signs that he was either laughing of choking, annoyed Malik and Zozeko both. The boy was already self-conscious enough, and obviously thought his father disliked his scent when in truth it was only so they could fit in that he was forcing this on the boy. Appearances were everything, and while in Zanarya the boy's smell would have been a delight, here in Elysia that was not the case. Unless they wanted to incite a mutiny, they simply must deal with it.

But that did not entitle a complete stranger, who was not proving very useful at all as a guide after almost ditching them in a crowd (through which Zozeko was forced to grab his son by his collar just to drag him through rather than lose sight of him, a mishap Malik would no doubt have used to escape his father's plans), to laugh as if perfuming a boy was the funniest thing in the realms.

Honestly, if it would not be discourteous to harm a man who was at least trying to assist, Zozeko would have smacked him across the face with his staff. As it was, he was a little flushed with irritation by the time they arrived at "Clarita's", and almost forgot his manners once again.

“Shehk hellah,” he greeted smoothly, but dispensed with the bow. She was here to provide a service, after all. “Yes, ah. The boy.” Shoving Malik forward, with a hand curved around the boy's nape, Zozeko gestured vaguely. “We live on a ship ninety percent of the time, you understand. The rest of the crew are Elysian,” he added, needing to say nothing more for this Jesse to understand. She immediately nodded and glanced around, perhaps looking for the strongest perfume in stock, and then indicated the shelves to the right.

“Those are probably your best bet, the strongest perfumes money can buy.” To which Zeko inclined his head, shoved Malik forward to make his selection, and then turned to Nero and Lazuli to say his thanks and goodbyes.

Shukren, sir,” he said first to Nero, and then, in Elysian, “It is my wish that you both fare well.”
doll by me

#16 User is offline   Lazuli Icon

• Icon

Posted 12 February 2011 - 03:16 PM

Lazuli wondered what Nero found so funny, but she thought it better not to probe on it because it seemed rude to the other two.

Lazuli also had not missed the sarcastic note in Malik's voice, and she wondered curiously about the relationship of the father-son pair, but it was not her business. “I am certainly not used to such a smell,” she answered truthfully to the boy's question, without any hint of contempt in her natural voice. “It's very natural, isn't it?” Anything one's born with was nothing to be ashamed of, she believed.

Since Lazuli didn't want to disturb Nero as he lead the way, she tried to make some more pleasant talk with Zozeko and Malik.

When they arrived at the store, she immediately stepped forward to take in the smells. It overwhelmed her for a moment -- strong scents, more delicate scents, homely scents, exotic scents... this store had everything! How could she choose? If only she knew more about her commissioner's personality... But she wanted something nice, something gentle that would nonetheless add a new taste to a mansion's atmosphere, and perhaps its owner's jewels.

“Thank you so much, Nero, for getting us here,” she said appreciatively.

Then she waved cheerfully to Jesse. “And good morning, ma'am,” she greeted. “I think I shall be looking around for a bit.”

Lazuli, however, had only sampled a small handful when Zozeko and Malik announced their intent to leave. She set down a reddish, flowery liquid that she had been sniffing and bowed politely to the pair. “Farewell to you too,” the nyad replied, unable to hide a tiny hint of disappointment in her voice. “May you find luck and happiness wherever you go.”
Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 User is offline   Nero Icon

• Lowly
  • Icon

Posted 14 February 2011 - 12:32 PM

Nero, with his elbows still on the glass counter, blinked at Zozeko's words. Well, he was leaving and there wasn't much else he could say about it. With a lift of his hand, although the wrist was still pressed against the glass, he gave the Zanaryan a wave -- or rather revealed his palm at him.

Jesse waved goodbye, a little disappointed herself that she'd lost a customer even if the son was still around. Just then, the door clicked and swung open behind her and she and Nero turned to find a tall brunette man, covered in traveling clothes native to the Sylvan regions, sigh as he stepped out, running his hand down his tummy. “That's the last time I'm having stewed rakeri for lunch!”

Both Jesse and Nero's faces crumpled at the thought of what he'd done beyond the door but the hybrid said nothing of it as Jesse tucked a lost lock behind her ear. “Like I said, you're not supposed to eat rakeri when you're famished. You sure you're feeling better now, Sir?”

“Much,” he said in agreement as he coughed and snorted a little and ran the back of his finger through his nostrils before he looked up and caught sight of the pair of Zanaryans. “Oh, really sorry!” he said with a small laugh. “I'm not used to being around Zanaryans, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you, so please don't feel that way.” He flashed him an apologetic smile.

Nero busied himself with poking the spots on the glass where the caps of the bottles pointed to.

“Well, I've got to be on my way,” the man said with a sigh as he grunted and lifted his pack over his shoulder and abandoned the cashier. “Where did you say that inn was again, Jesse? Portho...”

“Porthomilla St., just around the corner,” Jesse said to remind him. “Good luck, then.”

“Thank you,” he said genuinely as he turned to walk away, catching sight of Lazuli and when he did, he beamed at her, flashing his canines before he waved to everyone and stepped out of the shop, disappearing from view at the second step.

“Well, someone's happy to see a nymph,” Jesse noted, eyes still on the stranger's path. “I guess there's truth to what they say: teach a man how to fish and he'll be happy forever. Point a Therian to a nymph and he'll be alive forever.”

“You just made that up.”

“Makes me wonder why he didn't grin at you, Nero.”

Nero lifted a brow at her.

“He's not much different from you, though,” Jesse said with a sigh, tucking the same loose cuff back to her ear. “But this time, he's the father, not the son. Reckon he'd just arrived by portal with an upset stomach. I imagine he'd be hanging around as much as you did.”

“You mock my devotion.”

“Any luck on your leg, though?”

Nero didn't answer, eyes on the glass surface. Instead, he said, “You know, someone at work wears this scent.”

Jesse snorted through her nostrils and abandoned her friend to die in boredom as she slipped out of the counter and smiled at her shoppers. “Well, found anything y'wanna try on?”
Posted Image

#18 User is offline   Zozeko Icon

• Humble
  • Icon
  • Zozeko ibn Nihim
  • Emma

Posted 14 February 2011 - 04:04 PM

The Nymph had earned herself a new admirer, if the look in Malik's eyes and the way he stuck close to her side until shoved at the perfumes was anything to go by. After all, she was not only a female -- with whom Zozeko was almost positive his son had no experience -- but also a siren Nymph and one sympathetic about something most Elysians sneered over.

His new crush was probably why, instead of rushing through a decision to save on embarrassment, as Zeko had expected, the boy whine, “But father, I haven't made a decision yet!”

Since it would be rude to make a show of hurrying him up, Zozeko resigned himself to this taking longer than he'd hoped, and gestured with a sigh that Malik should continue his search.

Ignoring the discussion between Jesse and Nero, and the disgusting man who made a great show of his internal workings before leaving, Zozeko deigned to look about the shop himself (with an arrogant sniff to show the woman just what a favour he was doing her by shopping there). Perhaps he would find something for his wife, no?

“Well, found anything y'wanna try on?”

“Perhaps.” Elysians did not favour the same kind of smells as Zanaryans so he had stayed close to the ones she had pointed out for his son. Yet they were mostly designed to mask the Zanaryan scent rather than enhance it, so his choices were limited. In the end, he had chosen for the aesthetics rather than the scent, as he was convinced Layla would find more enjoyment simply looking at it upon her dresser than actually wearing it. “This one, indeed. My thanks.”

As for Malik, the boy seemed to have spent more time chatting up Lazuli with a series of questions about "what it was like to be so pretty" and "what was her element" and how she "should come to the Artega some time so he could watch her play with the ocean".

“Malik.” Impatience rang in his tone, but Zeko reigned it in for courtesy's sake and gave both ladies a tight smile. “Would Luc not prefer you return quickly with your order? You waste time here.” To which the boy gave a sharp pout, turned around -- and ignored him!

Gritting his teeth (the boy knew all too well he would not retaliate while in polite company), Zozeko drew in a breath and turned to Jesse, holding out the bottle he had chosen. “I would ask, do you have bottles like this in blue? My wife, her favourite colour is blue. She say, it is the colour of the sky and thus our element, no?” He chuckled, but all the while his grip on the bottle was sharper than it ought and he kept a watch on his rebellious son from the corner of his eye.
doll by me

#19 User is offline   Lazuli Icon

• Icon

Posted 15 February 2011 - 02:49 AM

No sooner had Lazuli shifted her stance that Malik declared his intent to stay further. “You haven't committed to anything yet?” she asked nicely, and proceeded to continue shopping. This time around, the young Zanaryan seemed to attach himself to her side, and it was all quite cute, and Lazuli didn't mind. She answered all his questions quite patiently -- oh, thank you for calling me pretty, but all nymphs are so; my element is water; I do enjoy traveling -- and she threw in a few of her own questions, too, like how are you liking it here, what do you do for fun, did you know that windfurs change color and we passed by one on the way here.

All the meantime, she continued looking for a suitable perfume. And she had probably noticed Malik's father's impatience as well, but well, let's just say that Lazuli would make a bit of an irresponsible mother.

“Good day to you, sir,” she said when the somewhat alarming Therian waltzed by. It was actually a delayed reaction due to the little chatterbox next to her, but the man had assuredly heard her.

The nymph also caught pieces of the conversation between Jesse and Nero. She was very sensitive to her surroundings, after all.

“He's not much different from you, though... But this time, he's the father, not the son.”

Confused as she was, Lazuli ceased her activity for a moment and simply looked at the pair with a half curious half concerned expression on her face. Her mouth formed an "o" like she wanted to say something, but then Malik strung her attention again, and her lips slipped back into their usual serene smile.

When Jesse came by, the nyad retrieved a dark blue crystal bottle that she had been sampling from the shelf. “You know, this deep forest scent is very inspiring... with a bit of tammish flower, right? That's quite special.” She let Malik sniff it, and then held it out eagerly to Nero and Zozeko. “What do you think?”
Posted Image

Posted Image

#20 User is offline   Nero Icon

• Lowly
  • Icon

Posted 15 February 2011 - 02:07 PM

Nero Eyed Lazuli.

“Well! Everyone loves the blue color, don't they?” Jesse said with a laugh mixed in her breath. “Everyone except someone I know,” she snorted to a direction over her shoulder and ignored the glare that Nero sent her way. She understood the shape of a hand mishandling her dear product, though, and she meant to deliver this message to Zozeko with a knowing smile as she pried her bottle out of his grip. “I can certainly transfer the contents for you. But of course, I need it intact before I can do that, don't I?”

Nero chuckled from his spot by the counter.

“Be right back,” she said to Zozeko and to Lazuli, she said, “We've got a promo on that line, by the way. Buy two and get any perfume for free. Go on and look around a little more, all right?” She smiled sweetly to her before she disappeared behind the door within the counter.

Nero was still tapping the surface of the glass with his fingertip.
Posted Image

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic