• Race:Dracovari
  • Profile:View
  • Abilities:View
  • Fame:+10
  • Hollie
  • Player Limits:View
  • Other Characters:N/A

Posted 23 May 2011 - 10:06 PM

Hey. So, as you may have already deduced, my name is Hollie. You get a rank up in Detecting if you figure out what my age is. (Pst. Pst. It's in Aria's sidebar. Well, heck, they say to write what you know.) Yeah, I'm twenty years old, and I'm a student. So, I either have oodles of time, or I'm have none at all and will be reallyreallyreally stressed and will probably avoid EF for about a week in those instances because I am not a happy bunny when stressed. (Why did I think of the Duracell bunny there? ...And then proceed to mention that? Oh yeah, because on the internet my eccentricity emerges. Oops.)

The sporadic workload of a Uni student aside, I will try to be an active member of EF. I don't have too many hobbies to distract me anyway, aside from film, reading, writing, playing video games and a growing interest in history, psychology and geology. I can see EF as becoming an indulgence in quite a few of these hobbies anyway.

Hmm. So, ice-breaker question time? Do you guys have a favourite film or video game? I'd have to choose Pan's Labyrinth for favourite film (yeah, I like macabre fantasy), and favourite video game... that's a toughie. It's between Persona 4 and Final Fantasy X. And the Ace Attorney series. And Okami. And Portal and aaaaaargh.

I'm looking forward to meeting you all. :D

#2 User is offline   Lazuli Icon

• A wild threader has appeared!
  • Icon

Posted 23 May 2011 - 10:20 PM

Welcome, Hollie! :D I'm known as Skyla here, 18 years old soon-to-be uni student, resident erm... I want to say ninja, but I'm not sure >>;; Emma attributes me to the sky. So I'm a floaty thing.

Anyway, EF is a great place for indulging in your hobbies so I'm glad you came. :) We have a bit in common -- I love video games, too! Unfortunately I don't play them as much as before, but I'm a big fan of Pokemon, The Elder Scrolls (Oblivion), and Final Fantasy X.

Nice to meet you and have fun!
Posted Image

Posted Image

journal // credits // doll by Emma ♥

#3 User is offline   Tsiyone Icon

• Untested
  • Icon
  • Group: Retired
  • Tsiyone ibn Reza
  • Looks:24
  • Race:Zanaryan
  • Class:Marid
  • Specialty:Azat
  • Russ
  • Other Characters:Chenoan, Zephyr, Naava
  • Muse's Inn:Visit My Gallery

Posted 24 May 2011 - 03:38 AM

-waves-

I'm Russ. I'm also 20. I'm also in college and stress and such. I also enjoy Final Fantasy X. I predict a good fit.

I usually talk less like a telegram.
Model: Craig Horner -:|:- Credit: Piper's Boutique

#4 User is offline   Elias Icon

• Humble
  • Icon
  • Elias Solanus
  • Looks:22
  • Race:Zanaryan
  • Class:Unclassed
  • Specialty:Djan
  • Sparrow
  • Other Characters:Max

Posted 24 May 2011 - 03:52 AM

Welcome-welcome! They call me Sparrow, but they also call me Spuggy and sometimes they call me Spugs as well as (more recently) "The Spuggernaut", but I think any of those will work 3:
I'm also very old, beyond even the count of single-digit numbers, and also coherent sentencing.

Glad to have another added to our crew! I'd say I hope you'll have fun here but I know you'll have fun here. I also am a moderate fan of video games but for some reason this post will fail to name a single one.

Also, Russ is a liar; he always talks like a telegram. True story.

#5 User is offline   Aria Icon

• Lowly
  • Icon
  • Aria Opes
  • Looks:20
  • Hollie

Posted 24 May 2011 - 03:25 PM

Hi, Skyla (such a pretty name). Floaty things are always good – and if you believe Chinese martial arts movies, ninjas do spend a lot of time up in the air. Then again, so do pirates – if they’re sky pirates, that is. Ah, Sky Pirates. The trump card in the ninja/pirate debate.

Ooh, yeah, Pokémon, how could I have not mentioned that? I enjoy those games too, particularly the Silver and Gold remakes. Did you get Pokémon Black/White (what did you think of it)?

It’s nice to meet you, too. :D

-

Hey, Russ. :) Ooh, snap – matched pairs all over the place. I’m sure we’ll only discover more in time. I’m looking forwards to it.

Ah ha, but a little birdie told me that’s not the case. It’s alright; I can read telegram-speak, just as long as you can read weird-speak.

There was a joke in there somewhere, but it might have been lost in translation.

-

Hi, Sparrow. I think I’ll stick with Sparrow, although it does tend to bring to mind a certain pirate. Not an altogether bad inference, I hope. Pirates are ferocious and fun even when “old”, after all, so I consider them good role models. The whole pillage and plunder thing aside.

“Crew”! Yesss, you are a pirate at heart. ;p

#6 User is offline   Elena Icon

• Lowly
  • Icon

Posted 24 May 2011 - 05:17 PM

Bonjour! I'm Lau. :) I also love video games, especially the Elder Scrolls like Skyla. My favouuuuuuurite games ever are the Fallouts, though. <3 <3 <3 I'm a woman of science >D And I'm unemployed.
Pokemon <3 I refused to get black at first, but then I got it and I really enjoyed it! And nothing, and I mean nothing, beats Gen I and II. :D just sayin'.

#7 User is offline   Ionia Icon

• Humble
  • Icon

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:09 AM

Another Okami fan! INSTANT WINNNNN!~<3

So yes, I like video games, and my name is Joy. Wonderful to meet you! I have quite a couple of favorite video games, with Okami and Muramasa near the top. I also think that FFX was very pretty. Most favorite game of all time must be LITTLE BIG PLANET (1&2)! It is so much fun, especially when you play with friends who don't mind it when you slap them off the ledge at important times. (:

Hm, I am tempted to try Pokemon again, but then I would have to buy a DS for that...HM.

#8 User is offline   Xanth Icon

• The Creator
  • Icon

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:19 PM

PRINCE OF PERSIA FTW!!! <3 <3 <3

Even though I get stuck all the time. -le sob-

Hi! I'm Emma, we already met. XD I'm 29 also 20 and I love worldbuilding (um, but you could probably tell that...). I can't wait to see where your hobbies take EF (seriously, we need way more history :D).

I also love games, but I really wish they'd do more RPGs that weren't shooters. Like, seriously, I can barely hand-eye co-ordinate myself into a typo-free post, and they want me to shoot people? I never got to play Okami either. :( But Pokemon is cool! At least, the one I played (Diamond or Pearl, I forget which one. It was the white guy though, not the blue one). And I love the idea of Final Fantasy (XII was awesome) but there's usually way too much levelling involved for me.

But seriously. PRINCE OF PERSIA is MEGA AWESOMMMMMME! I wanted to marry him the first time I played Sands of Time. And I don't do marriage. Like, ever.

#9 User is offline   Lazuli Icon

• A wild threader has appeared!
  • Icon

Posted 25 May 2011 - 10:24 PM

I've played every gen of Pokemon, and Gen II is definitely the best >D I loved the Silver/Gold remakes. I've yet to get Black/White sadly, but I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it, Lau! :D
Posted Image

Posted Image

journal // credits // doll by Emma ♥

#10 User is offline   Aria Icon

• Lowly
  • Icon
  • Aria Opes
  • Looks:20
  • Hollie

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:53 AM

Bonjour, Lau. :D Hm, I really have to check out this Elder Scrolls game. That gives me another Let’s Play to watch, yay. I like how the Fallouts have skill point allocations. I have to admit though, I haven’t played those either. They look awfully pretty. (I may be too shallow for science. Heck, my favourite scientific thingy is Steampunk).

-

Hey, Joy, wonderful to meet you too. :) Ah, more new games for me to check out. It’s up to you to decide whether Pokémon is worth buying a DS for, but if you do – well, I recommend the Professor Layton series and Hotel Dusk and Ghost Trick and the Ace Attorney series. Unless you don’t like puzzle-adventure games, then they’re no good for you at all. Oh, and of course, Okamiden. Sooo cute. You might be able to get an old ‘DS phat’ quite cheaply now. And I can vouch for their awesome-ness; I still have mine after six years.

-

Hi Emma. ^_^ Ah, that would be a fun writing challenge; coming up with an event to contribute to Elysia’s history. Parallels would be quite fun to explore there.

I agree, shooters seem to be taking over both the Play station 3 and the Xbox 360. That’s why I still have my PS2 to fall back on. Ah, sorry to hear about Okami. I think it’s become quite hard to get a hold of; on the PS2, at least. Ha ha, I feel the same way about levelling there, but for Pokémon, too. Black just irked me with that – it was level 50 for the Elite Four, and then suddenly – bam, hello trainers with level 70 Pokémon. (No, I’m not bitter about being repeatedly pwned, where’d you get that idea?)

Prince of Persia. Another game to add to my list. :D

-

I love Gen II as well – well, technically I love the remakes, but I remember loving the old versions when I had them. Although, is it just me, or is it suddenly so much easier to find shiny Pokémon now? I never encountered one until the third gen, and now I get one in every play through of the newer Pokémon games. (I’m not complaining, though. Just curious.)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic