Elysian Fields: [+] Characters and their Theme Songs - Elysian Fields

This is a forum for anyone with suggestions, ideas, opinions, complaints, questions and general feedback. Members are welcome to answer questions in this forum as well.

Please use the following tags in your thread titles:

[?] for questions
[+] for suggestions
[!] for comments
Page 1 of 1

[+] Characters and their Theme Songs Or the lack thereof

#1 User is offline   Elias Icon

• Humble
  • Icon
  • Group: Retired
  • Elias Solanus
  • Looks:22
  • Race:Zanaryan
  • Class:Unclassed
  • Specialty:Djan
  • Profile:View
  • Abilities:View
  • Fame:+10
  • Sparrow
  • Player Limits:View
  • Other Characters:Max

Posted 27 May 2011 - 04:02 AM

I'm pretty sure this goes here, and if it doesn't then I'm about to find out where it ought to go! It's going to be an adventure regardless!

I, and obviously nobody else (especially not Liv, there's no way she helped), came up with the idea for putting together an compilation of EF character theme songs--like an Elysian Fields Original Soundtrack (henceforth referred to as the EF OST). At any rate I thought it seemed like a cool idea, and who doesn't like digging through mountains of songs looking for the magical one that fits their character? In all honesty, I find that to be a lot of fun, and maybe others will too? I'm rambling! This is something to consider, I think.

#2 User is offline   Winnie Icon

• Newcomer
  • Icon
  • Winnipeg Krowsi
  • Looks:18
  • Race:Therian
  • House:Pay a Visit
  • Natalie
  • Other Characters:None

Posted 27 May 2011 - 10:02 AM

I think it sounds fun! C:
Of course, Winnie doesn't have one yet, I haven't really established her enough as a character. She's like shoes, new from the box. I gotta break her in first. (oh gawd that sounds naughty)...
Posted Image

pictures from saoirse image gallery - manipulations by natalie - lyrics: tokyo by the wombats

#3 User is offline   Lazuli Icon

• A wild threader has appeared!
  • Icon

Posted 27 May 2011 - 08:38 PM

Great idea! Although it's going to take us forever as you said to dig through all the songs XD

And lawwwll, Natalie XDDD!
Posted Image

Posted Image

journal // credits // doll by Emma ♥

#4 User is offline   Xanth Icon

• The Creator
  • Icon

Posted 28 May 2011 - 03:35 PM

Ooooh, neat idea.

I don't tend to think of my characters in terms of songs 'cause I have to have absolute silence to be able to concentrate on posting, but there's definitely one I think fits Elysia - it's called Across the Graet Oceans and is by David Arkenstone. :D

#5 User is offline   Nicolay Icon

• Noteworthy
  • Icon

Posted 29 May 2011 - 02:57 AM

Now I clearly have no business in this suggestion of yours but maybe you ought to figure out what kind of songs are deemed acceptable. Like, well, my main concern is the language because clearly, there are people here who don't listen to just the English-language ones. >.>;;
Posted Image
Avatar, profile picture and signature all made by ice_cubed@LJ

#6 User is offline   Elias Icon

• Humble
  • Icon
  • Elias Solanus
  • Looks:22
  • Class:Unclassed
  • Specialty:Djan
  • Fame:+10
  • Sparrow
  • Other Characters:Max

Posted 29 May 2011 - 03:09 AM

The way I see it, any music in any language at all would be acceptable, given the wide variety of locations in which people live across the board. Music that would not be allowed, in my opinion, would probably be extremely lewd/'verbose' (IE very bad language) music, but I hate to start telling people what music they can and can't choose. Heck I'm not a moderator, so if anything unacceptable comes up I'm confident that our venerable Staff members could take care of it. Otherwise, (to reiterate) I think anything goes!

I seriously considered not answering that question, and just dropping down "The only acceptable music is Gaga" instead.

#7 User is offline   Nicolay Icon

• Noteworthy
  • Icon

Posted 29 May 2011 - 03:17 AM

View PostElias, on 29 May 2011 - 11:09 AM, said:

I seriously considered not answering that question, and just dropping down "The only acceptable music is Gaga" instead.

Then this OST shall turn out to be one called Elias and the Peeps (with a helping of Russ). I call deebs on Telephone, though! Who wants to be the Beyonce of my characters?!

Edit; Additionally, Xanth's theme song should be Beyonce's Run the World.
Posted Image
Avatar, profile picture and signature all made by ice_cubed@LJ

#8 User is offline   Xanth Icon

• The Creator
  • Icon

Posted 29 May 2011 - 09:58 AM

Erk. Yeah, as the mod I have to say, be kind to the kids. XD

P.S. Liv, I don't think that one really suits Xanth somehow. <_< I mean, I don't like that kinda music anyway, but personal preferences aside I just can't see Xanth in that song. (:

P.P.S. If it's girls running the world, why are the two guys dancing in front of Beyonce there guys? *chortle*

#9 User is offline   Tsiyone Icon

• Untested
  • Icon
  • Tsiyone ibn Reza
  • Looks:24
  • Class:Marid
  • Specialty:Azat
  • Russ
  • Other Characters:Chenoan, Zephyr, Naava
  • Muse's Inn:Visit My Gallery

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:54 AM

Side note - I don't actually like lady gaga. like at all. Just saying.

As for the songs... I have playlists for all my characters to help get me in the mind set. Soooo... It would take a bit to pick songs for each of them but I think Chenoan's would probably be... Red's Hide.
Model: Craig Horner -:|:- Credit: Piper's Boutique

#10 User is offline   Elena Icon

• Lowly
  • Icon

Posted 30 May 2011 - 08:39 AM

I also hate Gaga :( She's a freaaaaaaaaaak
I think Elena's should be the Mortal Kombat theme, just sayin', I can totally see her with it playing in the background. Hahahaha

#11 ••Munir

• Group: Guests

Posted 11 September 2011 - 09:07 PM

I think Munir's theme should be Aladdin's One Jump Ahead

Page 1 of 1