Issue #014 June Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Xanth Icon

• The Creator
  • Icon

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:32 AM

June 1st, 2011
Issue #014
Pirates in Marport! 230 dead.
Seeing pirate ships sailing by the busy town of Marport in Dardanos has never been that much of a surprise and officials have been fending off attacks on cargo ships for as long as there's been trade across the Espur channel.

This week brought a much bigger threat, however, when a fleet of ships flying the skull and crossbones attacked the port itself. Several docked ships were scuttled during the attack, and the culprit made off with thousands of xanthos' worth of merchandise bound for the mainland, but it's the loss of life that has the town in an uproar.

"Two hundred and thirty dead, and countless more injured," said one of Marport's healers. "We're lucky there wasn't more."

Prices are expected to sky-rocket to cover the material losses, but as one spokesman said, "Nothing can make up for the grief those families have suffered."
"It's the worst attack we've seen in a long time, but I don't expect it to be the last," was Captain Archibald Baudin's response. The man in charge of the port's naval defences, he was horrified by the speed and ease with which the pirate fleet overpowered his ships. "We'll hunt them down, of course, but they've banded together now and that makes them much more unpredictable — not to mention much more dangerous."
Nothing can make up for [this].
Calls are going out now, not just from Marport's navy but from merchants throughout the region seeking protection for their merchendise. "There's always room for mercs and guards in this business," said one such mercenary, "but it's a seller's market right now. You could pretty much demand any fee for your services and they'll pay it because they can't afford not to."
by Allegra Nemene
for the Marport Gazette
(dated Pyrominas 12, 10,011 XA)
If you'd like to suggest a topic for the editorial or ask a question, please PM me.
Catch Up With Kiel
June 1st - 30th July 1st - August 31st Coming soon...
Shop 'Til You Drop 1
Kazu-man totally rescued a little kid Remy from a fate worse than doom, right, and then showed her 'round the city. Awww, he's a cool guy.
Trade-Off 1 2
Ummm, like. I'm pretty sure it's a bad idea to steal from a dragon, man, you know? But, like, that didn't stop Remy, wahahahaha!
Fatal Attraction 1 2
I dunno what the heck kind of relationship Maaike and Aiden have, but dude, they're like cats and dogs! Looks like they're working together though now, so, like, maybe they'll be able to clean up the streets between them. Like, right?
Delivery! 1
Like, I don't think Nero was all that pleased when he stopped by Trent's apothecary, you know, 'cause, like, he sure left in a hurry. Not that I blame him. That Ionia's kind of a dark one, you know?
Solomon's Gold 1
Dude! I hate libraries, man, and Marty sucks for making me go to one — but I totally met a cool Anyelos who said she'd take me to see if the Cloud Palace was really made of gold, woo!
Just A Little Freedom 1
A mysterious woman who likes butterflies visits the bazaar and gives Txelu a gift. Like, it's a bedtime story, man, for sers! I wish I'd been there.
Thief! Like, Thief! 1
Dude! Zeph's gonna be soooooooooooo mad at me when he finds out I let a thief steal his stuff and get away!
Shore Leave 1
So this Zanaryan, a Nymph and a Sidhe walk into a bar, right? Except, like, it wasn't a bar, it was a perfumery, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't a joke.
Fear Is for the Wicked 1
They made it! Like, I think they made it. Like, they got past the wraith, anyhow. That's good, like, right?
X to the rescue! 1
Dude, Xanth's got around lately, right? But this time, it's 'cause that dragon of hers totally got into trouble again, right, and she had to rescue him from Ionia, hahahaha.
Death on Legs 1
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh! Kazu-man and I almost got ate by a hydra! Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
If you'd like to submit a tip or summary, please PM me.
OOC Updates
  • [x] Wiki Updates 2 3 The wiki was updated. A lot.
  • [x] Love Parade Skylala won the Loveb Month Avatar Parade.
  • [x] And then there was light... Gia won the race-creation contest with her Solei. Congrats!
  • [x] The Bizarre Bazaar The Bazaar got a major update so now we have auctions, trades, gambling and other good stuff, too!
  • [x] VidTube I finished Kiel's promotional video, yay!
  • [x] Welcome Back! There's still 4 prizes to be claimed from the Welcome Back promotion.
  • [x] Nymph Update All the pages related to the Nymph specialties, Warden and Wanderer, were updated. Please read ASAP, especially if you have a Nymph.
The Numbers Game
Topics Created
Posts Made
Longest Thread
3 pages
Accounts Made
Est. Characters
Returning Characters

If you'd like to submit something (articles, suggestions, tips, thread summaries, editorial questions and the like) to the Elysian Chronicles, please PM me. Direct links are always very much appreciated.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic