Elysian Fields: To Whom It May Concern - Elysian Fields

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

To Whom It May Concern Rate Topic: -----

#1 ••Lenny

• Group: Guests

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:14 AM

Ah! The scary moment when you post your first post after the application that isn't actually approved yet but you hope it will be soon because you made the necessary changes. Dude, that was too long. Am I the only one who's had a moment like that? Hope not.

ILY KINGDOM HEARTS. I'm aware that everyone else seems to like FF, but I just started playing it at FF10, and I'm seriously indifferent to it. I don't know why, it seems like a really good game, but it just doesn't catch my interest. Especially as my mother plays it ALL THE TIME. Okay, so maybe I do know why. :| But still, KH1 will forever have a place in my heart <3. Same with Okami, Avalon Code, and Pokemon Leaf Green. NO. BAD COMPUTER. I DIDN'T SPELL OKAMI WRONG! T_T

As you might (just maybe!) have noticed by now, I have a thing for caps. CAPS AND SMILEYS :P Even better than video games! But the ONLY thing I find better than video games is totally killing small animals (no, I actually save them from my hellcats!) reading!
I remember when my kindergarten class was playing the Common Ground game, the only thing we all went in for was "Common Ground if you have read over 100 books". MHM. We were nerdy kindergarteners! Of course, I also remember that whenever I counted up to 90, I would start back at 20! So embarrassing! I actually had my mother count up all the books I read. 106. Phew! Just barely made it into the nerd category!

Skipping back a few subjects, but I only started my gaming career (yes, it's SO a career nowadays) when I was in 5th grade! Eep! I'm even lower than an amateur, I'm just so bad at games T_T (Seriously, any recommendations for games? I have ps2, a ps3, a dsi, and obviously, a computer).

Cookies, chocolate milk, cheesecake, tea (American Tea = BAD), and ice cream! I have a $10 coupon for ice cream! I should go get some tonight. Hmm.

I really don't have much else to say! But wow, that was long.

Should I say goodbye at the end of an OOC pos- OH. I FORGOT SOMETHING!

I'm a horrible writer. Im the anti-Shakespeare. It took me 30 seconds to spell his name right! Eeee! I really just joined this site to help with my roleplay skills, since it's just so popular at my school. Ah, please don't be mad if I prove to be a nuisance!

But seriously, what do you say at the end of an introduction?

Signing off! No....that doesn't sound right.

THANKS FOR READING!

This post has been edited by Lenny: 07 June 2011 - 01:55 AM

#2 User is offline   Elias Icon

• Humble
  • Icon
  • Group: Retired
  • Elias Solanus
  • Looks:22
  • Race:Zanaryan
  • Class:Unclassed
  • Specialty:Djan
  • Profile:View
  • Abilities:View
  • Fame:+10
  • Sparrow
  • Player Limits:View
  • Other Characters:Max

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:33 AM

Ho-ho! That's some good energy right there. Precisely the sort of thing upon which we like to feeeedd we're looking for!

I could probably respond to each point you made, but then, I'm too old for that kinda thing. Video games are good, though, and it's never too late to start. For the DSi, look no further than Professor Layton's adventures, and/or the Phoenix Wright saga.

At any rate, you can call me Sparrow (or any derivative thereof). Welcome to EF, hope you have fun!

#3 User is offline   Lazuli Icon

• A wild threader has appeared!
  • Icon

Posted 07 June 2011 - 01:05 AM

Hey Dovie! :D Haha, I've totally had those moments you described, but don't worry, it just means your app will be pro!

It's so great to see another new face around here, and I hope you'll enjoy. We're all sharpening our writing skills, really :D

Anyways I'm Skyla, and I'm a big fan of Pokemon games, Elder Scrolls, and lately Assassin's Creed. :) Nice to meet you.
Posted Image

Posted Image

journal // credits // doll by Emma ♥

#4 User is offline   Aria Icon

• Lowly
  • Icon
  • Group: Retired
  • Aria Opes
  • Looks:20
  • Race:Dracovari
  • Profile:View
  • Abilities:View
  • Fame:+10
  • Hollie
  • Player Limits:View
  • Other Characters:N/A

Posted 07 June 2011 - 01:51 PM

Hi, Dovie. :D It's great to have you here. Ooh, and now we have a Dovie, a Sparrow, and a Skyla! I see a theme forming. 'Course, now I'm here I've broken the chain, but it's still a fun little coincidence.

Anyway. I forgot to say: Hi, I'm Hollie. :)

As you'll no doubt find out, there are quite a few gamers here, as well as smilie connoisseurs and book buffs. I'll just throw out a few of my favourites - Persona 4/the Ace Attorney series (aka the Phoenix Wright saga that Sparrow mentioned) for games, XD brb and z_z for smilies, and Good Omens/the Harry Potter series for books (I can and do read serious, classical books, but for me a book has to be fun to be a favourite). I also like KH, Okami and Pokemon, and as for video game recommendations... well, the Persona series, the Ace Attorney series, and - ooh, if you have a PS3, you should try out Portal. Or check out The Orange Box, which is a cheap-ish compilation of some really great games (Portal, Half Life and Team Fortress 2). And PS2 has awesome games too, like the Dragon Quest series and Ico/Shadow of the Colossus.

Ah, roleplaying is popular at your school? That's so great! No one knew what it was at my school (which was actually quite handy for me, because it meant I could write my roleplay replies whilst in computer class). Oh, and I'm a fellow newcomer to EF. So I can reassure you about the nuisance-thing; people here are so welcoming and helpful, and questions are A-OK. :D

#5 User is offline   Elena Icon

• Lowly
  • Icon

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:03 AM

Ciao! I'm Laura, but I dislike my name so you can call me Lau. :) Gaming-wise, my favourites are the Fallouts and Call of Duty (Modern Warfare, though, and 3 and World at War <3). Actually, anything with shooting in general I'll probably be good at. I'm superior at gaming to my boyfriend, haha, which proves for some humiliating losses. For him, anyway. I also like to read! Orwell and Tolkien are undoubtedly my favourite authors, but recently I've started reading Chaucer and H.G. Wells as well. I like sci-fi <3

Welcome to EF! :D

#6 User is offline   Xanth Icon

• The Creator
  • Icon

Posted 09 June 2011 - 11:10 AM

Hi, Dovie! I already said welcome in my PM but it's worth repeating: WELCOME to EF, which totally does not stand for Energetic Fiends. >D

Ah, I love smiles too. z_z and <3 are my faves, but I suppose I shouldn't really say I have faves. They might eat me, especially the red Faroah ones, if I do. :o

Assassin's Creed II is awesome - I'm currently playing it myself. I got kind of bored with #1 because I never really understood why Altair was killing these people, but with Ezio it's personal, man, so there's a lot more satisfaction when you drop people. *bwahahahaha*

Um. But if you have a PS3, Prince of Persia is definitely a series to have fun with. I love all the acrobatic flirtations. His first trilogy is good on PS2, too, and God of War's also supposed to be fun but I didn't really like it personally because he wasn't hot like the Prince and didn't flirt and was too mean and miserly and didn't do much acrobatic stuff.

Whew, that was a long sentence.

btw, if your schoolmates are into RP, I totally command you to make them come here. *wields Xanth's staff of teh d00m maniacally* Oh, but only one at a time, okay? I can't handle a sudden influx of apps. XD

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic