Elysian Fields: [+] Fashion statements - Elysian Fields

This is a forum for anyone with suggestions, ideas, opinions, complaints, questions and general feedback. Members are welcome to answer questions in this forum as well.

Please use the following tags in your thread titles:

[?] for questions
[+] for suggestions
[!] for comments
Page 1 of 1

[+] Fashion statements

#1 User is offline   Xanth Icon

• The Creator
  • Icon

Posted 14 June 2011 - 08:48 AM

Up to now, we've always just gone with "Elysians can wear whatever", but as the world's evolved, that may not be as appropriate any more.

I've especially been thinking about fabrics, and come to the realisation that they'd have to be natural (since Elysians just don't possess the technology or equipment for synthetics - or most, at least), so I'm going to be updating the Character Creation Guide and whatnot soon.

But, before I do, I wanted to discuss with you guys the actual fashions available in Elysia. Specifically, do you think we should rule out certain styles (punk, goth, for instances), or are you happy for them to be wearing stuff on an everyday Earth street?

Personally, and not forgetting historical influences, I think we do need to rule out some things. Clothing has to be sewn by hand for a start, but since I'm not a seamstress I can't really say what that means practically speaking, only that clothing historically has been very simple - but since Elysia has been this way for centuries, I'm sure they've developed styles that are still easy to make but that don't mirror the Middle Ages. XD

But what do you guys think?

#2 User is offline   Elena Icon

• Lowly
  • Icon

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:27 PM

I think Elena will be happy as long as she can wear jackets and coats. I think, but this is just my opinion, that fashion trends should have evolved similar to Earth's, but I agree about the natural fabrics thingy

#3 User is offline   Lazuli Icon

• A wild threader has appeared!
  • Icon

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:30 PM

I agree with Laura. From a basic standpoint, they'd be similar to Earth's, but when you delve into the details, it's natural fabric with possibly traits that are different from Earth's. Like, not as many logos and bling.
Posted Image

Posted Image

journal // credits // doll by Emma ♥

#4 User is offline   Elena Icon

• Lowly
  • Icon

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:32 PM

Hahahaha bling. It'd be soooo cool living in Elysia if I never again had to see a person go out in public proudly wearing a full-length tracksuit with the bottoms of their trousers tucked into their socks...

#5 User is offline   Xanth Icon

• The Creator
  • Icon

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:46 PM

Wahahaha, bling. No, there wouldn't be any designer labels as we know them. Tailors and seamstresses would design their own clothes, and only be able to sell as many as they can realistically make, but on the other hand that just makes them even more designer, if you ask me. XD

#6 User is offline   Tsiyone Icon

• Untested
  • Icon
  • Group: Retired
  • Tsiyone ibn Reza
  • Looks:24
  • Race:Zanaryan
  • Class:Marid
  • Specialty:Azat
  • Profile:View
  • Abilities:View
  • Russ
  • Player Limits:View
  • Other Characters:Chenoan, Zephyr, Naava
  • Muse's Inn:Visit My Gallery

Posted 15 June 2011 - 02:23 AM

I think allowing almost all styles is fine. IF anything, the main thing I though would be drastically different is jewelry. Jewelry would be more hand crafted rather than poured like it is in the modern world, so each piece would be at the very least slightly different. In general, though, I think anything you could find on a site like Etsy would be fair game for Elysia.

Also, I'd not straight out ban all non-natural clothing, but say that they're rare (and socially frowned upon). Things could still theoretically be smuggled in from earth, or just float in from a Vampire or something who used to live on earth. In general i think that applies to all earth things (with the exception of technologies which just wouldn't work in Elysia anyways, and weaponry which would ruin the game itself).
Model: Craig Horner -:|:- Credit: Piper's Boutique

Page 1 of 1