Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

EF's rating has changed! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Xanth Icon

• The Creator
  • Icon

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:35 PM

I've altered the way I rate EF, adopting the Universal RPG Rating System. Instead of EF being a rather vague "PG-13", we're now "2-2-2" on the URRS (this might be a tad confusing at first if you're unfamiliar with this relatively new system, but I'll explain it below).

I've also raised our rating a bit, and I'll be reviewing the bad-word filters accordingly. As a result of the changes, I've updated the Rulebook to say basically the same thing as this:

Posted Image

Each aspect of writing is rated separately:

Language:
Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse. We also encourage members to create Elysian slang rather than using common curses to further develop the world in which we play, and we try to make our bad-word filters with this in mind. :)

Sexual Content:
Sexual content is permitted to a degree and in small quantities. References to genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or mature tagging, are strongly recommended. (If you're over 18, you can ask for access to our Mature Threads board for more mature sexual themes, but even there, we ask that you Fade to Black before things get too explicit.)

Violence:
Elysia is a dangerous place, so graphic violence is permitted in threads tagged as mature. Reasonable explicit description of violence and injuries is allowed, but we ask that you Fade to Black for things like torture.

If you have any questions about these changes or the new rating system, please don't hesitate to reply to this thread or to pm me!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic