Elysian Fields: Board Skins <3 - Elysian Fields

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Board Skins <3

Poll: Board Skins <3 (5 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Board Skin Do You Use?

1. Nyads Dream (1 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

2. The Fae (2 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

3. Magi (1 votes [11.11%])

4. Anemoi Boreas (1 votes [11.11%])

5. Dante (1 votes [11.11%])

6. Into The Unknown (1 votes [11.11%])

7. Moonlight (2 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

8. IP Board (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   Faris Icon

• Lore Monkey
  • Icon

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:06 PM

So as we all know, EF has multiple awesome kick-ass boardskins to choose from :D
(For those who don't, check out the little dropdown box next to the [English (USA)] at the bottom of every page! It ought to read [Nyad's Dream] since that's the default I think?)

And because I'm randomly curious like that, I wanna know what skin everyone is using right now, which is their favourite(s), and why? :D

For me I'm using The Fae for Faris. ^^
Reasons being... uh. It's bright but not glaring, and the text seems to be bigger? Might be an optical illusion though. But yea. Oh, and the colour scheme matches with the cbox! XD I really like Magi and Dante's Glade as well for the satin-y feel. And before I switched to The Fae I was using Moonlight cos the subdued colour scheme was easier on my eyes whenever I was reading stuff in the middle of the night. Before that it Nyad's Dream cos it was blue-y and underwater and Faris-related? XD like I said, I switched to The Fae for the seemingly bigger font :3

For Argyris (yes that's me!) I'm planning to use Magi cos it's all posh-looking (lol?) and cos it's nice and red *.* ought to get my muse rolling for Argyris. :D

Posted Image
Credit: Emma :: Base from wish04
In a Place without an Ocean I dreamt of a Mermaid Crying a Sea of Tears

#2 User is offline   Xanth Icon

• The Creator
  • Icon

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:03 PM

*clicks non-existent like button* XD

I voted for Dante's Glade just because the tiger turned out so much better than expected (I'm not that great at photomanipulation lol so it was a nice surprise for me :3), but to be honest, which I prefer really depends on my mood at the time, or which character I'm playing.

I've really gone off Moonlight, though. I had considered removing it to make room for a new one, but then someone said they liked it so I left it up. XD

Let's see, which am I using? Magi for Zeko, Dante's Glade for Maaike, Into the Unknown for Kiel (ah, actually, that's my favourite at the minute, overall), and Anemoi Boreas for Jericho. I can't remember what the others are in atm. You could be right about The Fae font being larger, Pchan -- it and Anemoi are two of the latest made when I became more aware of usability (as opposed to designing purely for aesthetics before then <_<) and I've started trying to make fonts larger in general.

I'm interested to know this too~ <3

#3 User is offline   Naava Icon

• Lore Master
  • Icon

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:41 PM

I'm using Into the Unknown for Naava. I tend to vary my skins based on the character. Unknown has a nice darkness to it that helps me get into character for Naava. :)

#4 User is offline   Aiden Icon

• Eminent
  • Icon

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:30 AM

I also vary skins for each of my characters. I use The Fae for Aiden because it's the forest and all natural colors, which totally matches his shifter element. For Nia, I usse Anemoi Boreas because of the chilly-blue tones and anyeli-mountain image. Remy has Into the Unknown because of the dark undertones, but the pinks, purples, and top image add a whimsical feel.

#5 User is offline   Alain Icon

• Untested
  • Icon

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:29 PM

So far, the most used for me is Moonlight, as it is the easiest to read text with for someone like me (my eyes are extremely sensitive...yet I somehow can get contacts on regularly lol). I suppose it's the grays.

For awhile, I only knew about the guest viewable skins, though. I'd say the runner up for me is Dante's Glade for design/ease of use, and Magi right behind it because of the awesome linebreaks between post content and signatures. Most of the others require I turn the brightness of my computer down a bit.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic