Elysian Fields: I am Void! - Elysian Fields

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I am Void! BOOGEDY BOOGEDY BOO! Rate Topic: -----

#1 ••Galatea

• Group: Guests

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:15 PM

And with this, I become member #666! Hmhmhmhm. . . .

"A new player? What insanity. It was merely brought back from the depths of Hell to take others with it. YOU!
*Vincent Price laughter in the background*

. . .
. . . . . .
. . . . . . . . .

N-nothing happened . . . o.o

*Ahem!*

Who are you?! I am the Hand of Xanth, hovering abo—H-hey! Don't ignore me! Stop walking away! I'll do it! I'll press the big DON'T button! Stop walking awaaaaay!" *yoink*

I think you should leave the introductions to me, Galatea, lest we both get thrown out a window with a large garden gnome inserted up our rear ends. XD
"I should insert one up you instead!"

Anywho! My name is James. You may or may not recall me as the lazy bum guy David/Alain was trying to haul in here, and I've made my presence a couple of times on the Cbox as well. I finally mustered up the courage to register after a good month and a half of lurking—mostly thanks to the aforementioned registry number that Dave had been pining to get himself at one point. I'm pretty good at stealing people's thunder like that. XD Even so, I fully intend to stick around; Dave and I found this place at virtually the same time, after all, lol. I love the level of detail Elysia has!
"Even though he hasn't actually read it all yet. La sigh."

Alright . . . so, I'm a little over two months shy of being 20, though I find that hard to believe as I can still act no more mature than I did when I was 14 at times. <_< I've been RPing for about four and a half years now; I still make silly spelling or grammar mistakes from time to time, and I still need to go to Wikipedia to remember what "exposition" and "syntax" are, but I still like to think I've improved by milestones since first starting out. From a writing standpoint, anyway. XD Speaking of writing, I'm a huge fan of Roger Zelazny and Steven Brust; both have been huge influences for me. In the latter’s case, should Gal ever bond with a dragon, you might expect their interaction to mirror that between Vlad and his familiar, Loiosh (they star in the Vlad Taltos books). :P Some other authors I look up to for inspiration are Brandon Sanderson, Jonathan Stroud, Ursula K. Le Guin (fun fact: her introduction to her novel, The Left Hand of Darkness, served as inspiration for Galatea's character), and R.A. Salvatore. I also plan to pick up Naomi Novik and her Temeraire series; the theme of alternate history during the Napoleonic Wars with an air force of dragons, I think, would do wonders for me.

Some other random facts about me:
  • My favorite kinds of music tend to be jazz, progressive rock, metal, and certain kinds of electronic (usually of the IDM or ambient variety). Sometimes a bit of grunge, as well. In that regard, some of my favorite bands/musicians are: King Crimson, Frank Zappa, Weather Report, Chick Corea, The Mars Volta, and BT.

• I've been big on gaming since . . . well, for as long as I can remember. I had the old NES and Sega Genesis consoles back in the day, and played Sonic, Shining in the Darkness, Mario, Zelda, Mike Tyson's Punch Out!!, and all that good stuff. I sometimes wonder if maybe I was born with either of the consoles' controllers, but that probably would have made things more painful than necessary for mom. XD Nowadays I'm keeping up with the Silent Hill series, a lot of games from Nippon Ichi Software (Disgaea, etc.), Tales of . . . , and the occasional Fable. I am also a near-hopeless lover of Team Fortress 2.

• Ever since discovering Mystery Science Theater 3000, I've had this nasty habit of making dumb quips in the middle of horror movies and games. Either it's a sign that nothing scares me anymore, or some things do, and riffs are merely a defense mechanism. <_<

• As the above references may have indicated, I'm a big fan of the anime Berserk's outtakes, as well as British comedy such as Monty Python and Fawlty Towers. Well, more a John Cleese fan in that regard, but still. XD

• My favorite things are music, and sunshine, and love! (And pain. >=D)

As for Galatea, I don't have a profile up for her yet—but she shouldn't be trusted to describe herself. If you thought Dave's leg-pullings were bad . . .
"Why, that capullo . . ."

I've been dying to get to work on Galatea gain; mostly my biggest issue with her is that she's, well . . . the biggest "project" I've ever done. Her birth could decidedly mark (even if not directly responsible for :P) the fall of the Western Roman Empire, her birthplace is in what is now a culturally unique region of Spain (Galicia), and she has watched the culture of her homeland grow and evolve since then, left it on occasion to experience the rest of the world (especially when the Spanish Inquisition was becoming particularly nosy), including taking part, disguised as a man, as a crew member in Ferdinand Magellan's expedition around the world to reach Indonesia. Her father, an Elysian native (or so I plan), taught her well in the ways of medicine, and the disciplines he taught her have played no small part in her decision to join the Viridis Sept later on in life—or for that matter, help her both in wealth and good reputation as a doctor throughout the numerous Black Plague pandemics in Europe. Once her inability to remain on Earth for much longer was clear to Galatea - around the mid-1800s - she abandoned that prosperity to travel to Elysia, where it's much more likely she and her kind would be accepted. She may have abandoned her wealth, but she'll look on the bright side; at the risk of cuing a certain Disney love song, she's found a whole new world to experience. She may not be the most honest person in the world, nor the most silver-tongued, but hey, nothing wrong with embellishing an already eventful life, right? XD
"Huh, at least the chico can flatter. But his ego should still be taken down a bit."

Blah blah blah, wall of text that's not creative writing.

'Sup? :P

"Señor, have you told them you wear very, very flamboyant outfits?"

. . . NO!

"Hahahaha! He says 'no'!"

This post has been edited by Galatea: 09 July 2012 - 09:17 PM

#2 User is offline   Alain Icon

• Untested
  • Icon

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:41 PM

Well, at least one of the town crazies is in. Though Kali might not be around for awhile—whose profile I assume your character quotes idea came from. :P

"Sharp, sharp for easy STABBING!"

By the way, Gal, why didn't you hit your kleptomaniac speaker when he failed to mention all your great deeds? :o Like that one time you saw a poor little fox named Waltz stuck in a bottle. Poor little fox cub. It took weeks to get him out, all thanks to that damned dog with the shades. Wait, I'm crossing universes here? Bull. Billy Joel is a king among king, with all his street smarts. :( Or that Jewish cafe owner, whose son's name is Joob. Poor fellow. Should he change his name?

Oh, and your wonderful fashion sense. James's outfits have nothing on Gal's. One of hers even has a beak.

#3 User is offline   Faris Icon

• Lore Monkey
  • Icon

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:05 AM

Heya James and Galatea~
you two are fun to watch(read actually) XD
Looking forward to Galatea, her history looks like its gonna be quite the read anddddd

\o/ WELCOME TO EF <3

PS. I thought i'd skip my side of the self-intro since well, well. >.> (well I'm lazy like that D: )
Posted Image
Credit: Emma :: Base from wish04
In a Place without an Ocean I dreamt of a Mermaid Crying a Sea of Tears

#4 User is offline   Xanth Icon

• The Creator
  • Icon

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:53 PM

James! :D Allow me to officially welcome you to EF! And gosh, Galatea's gonna be fun~ Seems like she'll get on particularly well with my Kiel. (Well, okay, he gets on with everyone from his end, but shush.) And Jericho, though he'd never thank me for it. I can totally see her teasing the heck out of him. >D

Ah, let's see. I'm kind of at a loss for introducing myself. I'm never very good at it, to be honest. My name is Emma and I run this joint *cracks whip* so, uh. I promise I'm not a good bad guy. ;D I think I'm the oldest person in the world here (I'm nearly 31 omg T_T) but mentally speaking, I'm probably the youngest, so you don't have to worry about that. Also, we're quite the insane asylum, so... yeah.

I don't think I've ever played any of the games you have, and I got into gaming late (PS2 was my first console, though I played a few games like Baldur's Gate on the PC before that), but I'm more into things like Prince of Persia and Assassin's Creed (I swear I'd marry Prince or Ezio Auditore if it weren't illegal). I also love Little Big Planet, though the second more than the first. The platforming aspect is hard, but I just love Sackboy.

Actually, I like most things cute and cuddly. I'm such a girl. XD I'm also not able to have living pets so I talk to my teddy bears instead.

If that hasn't scared you off, welcome welcome! I can't wait to roleplay with you! ;D

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic