• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ending the Arc early? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Xanth Icon

• The Creator
  • Icon

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:24 PM

Hey, guys!

So the plot is meant to have a couple more chapters for the gang to acquire the eggs (by nefarious means or otherwise), get them back to Danae, get the cure and get home. Chapter Six ends on the 28th (this Friday, erk), but because of the timing, everyone is struggling to keep up so the plot hasn't advanced as far as I'd expected. Because of that, I was thinking of ending it early and summarising the outcome (kind of like the way I've been opening the chapters, only as an epilogue). I don't want to do that if you guys are still excited about the plot (though, to be honest, it's gotten tougher for me to keep it going with fewer active characters), so I wanted to ask your opinions.

Are you okay with ending it early?
If I do end it early, how would you like your character to be summarised? (That is, how do you think they should sign off?)
Or, instead of mentioning specific names, would you prefer a generic summary you can interpret for your own character later (in journal entries, etc)?

I've had lots of fun running this plot, and I'm looking forward to finalising lore details (after a bit of a break ;)), so I'd like to go out on a high note as we make these new species and areas playable. :) I hope you guys have had a good time with it, too! :D

#2 User is offline   Faris Icon

• Lore Monkey
  • Icon

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:36 PM

View PostXanth, on 26 September 2012 - 12:24 AM, said:

Yea ^^
I'd still like the chance to wrap up the already-made threads, though. Like Chapter One the current thread as well. So maybe leave them open? (I know they are, I just haven't had much time to post much lately x_x)

View PostXanth, on 26 September 2012 - 12:24 AM, said:

If I do end it early, how would you like your character to be summarized? (That is, how do you think they should sign off?)

Generic summary, along with a few names of those who didn't manage to make it/are in serious condition? (e.g. Rusty T_T, Maaike)

I really enjoyed myself with the plot as well \o/ It was a really great opportunity to make Faris suffer put Faris in new situations. A bit sad I didn't get to use Argyris much, but I'm sure I can find a reason for her to waltz over the portal sometime ;D All in all yep I had lots of fun, thanks for organizing this whole plot Emma! <3
Posted Image
Credit: Emma :: Base from wish04
In a Place without an Ocean I dreamt of a Mermaid Crying a Sea of Tears

#3 User is offline   Aiden Icon

• Eminent
  • Icon

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:41 AM

Hey Ems! Thank you so so much for creating this plot! It has been interesting to see Acantha unfold over these months. I'm sorry I wasn't able to participate in the recent chapters, but the first few have been a blast. So thank you muchly! <3 <3 <3

That's totally fine. Like PChan, I would prefer however to leave the other chapters open so we can continue to flesh out and complete the threads.

If I do end it early, how would you like your character to be summarised? (That is, how do you think they should sign off?)
Or, instead of mentioning specific names, would you prefer a generic summary you can interpret for your own character later (in journal entries, etc)?

If you're okay with leaving the threads open, then I'd prefer the generic summary. Leaves wiggle room for when we complete the threads. ^__^

#4 User is offline   Alain Icon

• Untested
  • Icon

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:02 PM

I'm just trying to come back at all. >_> After getting sick literally the day after I sent you the PM...what was it? A week ago? I ended up in a la la land of writing, where I just couldn't "get" into my character's heads/figure out how to post with them.

I'm generally okay with ending the arc early, bit I'd hope that if we do so some of the newer joinees would come back. XD I've seen quite a few come and go at the mention that we're all in the Arc. The hardest part of the Chapters is just trying to move along. Chapter 5&6 got in the biggest rut (partially my fault), while Chapter 4 had one particularly interesting thread. I'll be the one to say it, we want more Danae interaction. ;O I know you do too. The time constraints just make it difficult because we need to move along but can't seem to.

I'd say I'm still excited about the plot, but given how I am, I'd probably spend months fleshing out a place like Neluna. For me the issue would be more that I don't really know what the plot itself is until our characters get back to Acantha, as it feels meeting Danae was practically just the beginning. :P

As for a summary...tbh Rahil wouldn't have done much as he stayed in the background for the most part (and if I ever do get around to posting in C6...Alain and Clara will pick his arse up since Kiel didn't mention his stinky stalker getting hit with a bunch of water—giving me creative license to knock him out lol). Alain and Clara are both two different types of snarky and probably at this point have had enough of being pawns, so they'll be a bit vocal about that on the way back. Otherwise, I agree with Joy on having wiggle room in case we want to RP the rest of the existing chapters.

#5 User is offline   Naava Icon

• Lore Master
  • Icon

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:53 AM

Since I'm not active right now I can't really protest. Idealogically I'd love for the story to fully end, but the vague summary seems like a good option.

#6 User is offline   Xanth Icon

• The Creator
  • Icon

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:16 PM

Oh, yes, don't worry: I'll be leaving the threads open. I'd like to finish the early chapters, myself. :) I kinda failed at leaving ways in/out for characters, though. I had intended for people to be able to join late or leave early as they pleased, but I guess it didn't work out that way. (:

I'll post the ending this weekend, then. I hate not posting even once a day, but I think I desperately need some time off to catch up on some sleep. I'll also try and get in some more skill design entries, because that will be ending soon now the plot's over. ;)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic