Elysian Fields: [?] Some doubts - Elysian Fields

This is a forum for anyone with suggestions, ideas, opinions, complaints, questions and general feedback. Members are welcome to answer questions in this forum as well.

Please use the following tags in your thread titles:

[?] for questions
[+] for suggestions
[!] for comments
Page 1 of 1

[?] Some doubts

#1 ••Lamb

• Group: Guests

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:39 AM

Hi!
First of all, I wish to thank you for organizing such a beautiful, original and mystical roleplay forum. I barely see roleplay groups nowadays, and this one left me with my mouth wide open the moment I saw it-- I love it!

I'm not sure if I should present myself right now, but I will either way ;u;!
You can call me "Lamb"! I'm an avid roleplayer and have practiced (and loved) it since I was about twelve years old. I believe my skills have grown much, much better as the years have gone by, but I still look forward to improving them. I found this forum through the Neopets "Lost and Pound" (haha, I'm a Neopets addict~) and have shamelessly stalked it since some months ago. I have hesitated about joining since everyone around here looks so professional, but I finally convinced myself to join in order to improve and have lots of fun!
I really hope I'll be able to design a quality character for this community, and to be able to help other people with their character's stories as well.

However, I have some questions I must ask before actually applying-- I want to put my best effort into the character I'm planning to create!

Here they go! (Sorry if I'm a bother!)

-If I wish to have a vampire character, would I be able to create a vampire right away? or should I create a non-vampire character, which should be sometime later be converted into a vampire?
(I believe the second option would be better for character development purposes, but I wanted to make sure either way!)

-I have already read and re-read the wiki, however, I still have problems with understanding how the world works. I understand that there are various realms (Elysia, Zanarya, etc.) which are accessed and interconnected through Portals, however, not everyone can go through these Portals. Inside these realms there are various regions, which therefore house the towns. Is my understanding of this system correct? Sorry if it is not ;o;

I don't really have any more questions in mind right now, but I believe I'll post some more sooner or later ;u;
Thank you so very much, nice to meet you!

#2 User is offline   Xanth Icon

• The Creator
  • Icon

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:08 PM

Heya, Lamb. Welcome to EF! :D I'm Emma, the admin, and I have to say thank you for the compliments. <3 It's so nice to meet another RP enthusiast and to know you're thinking of joining EF. We welcome roleplayers of all levels of experience, so no worries there. (Honestly, you should read some of my threads from six years ago. Worst. RPer. Ever. (:) The most important thing here is a willingness to get stuck in, so you'll be fine. :) And no worries on the questions, either. Never be shy to ask if you get stuck!

Okay, so with vampires, the choice is yours: You can create a non-vamp now and have them infected later as part of a personal plot like you said, or you can have them be a vamp right from the start. There are limitations, like that humans aren't available as first characters, and the starter pack means if you did have them be a vamp right off the bat, they could only have been infected for up to 15 years. (That's our way of accounting for the minimal skills they'd have as new charries.) As a fellow writer, I'd love to see an infection plot (I have a vamp I could bring out of retirement for some drama, or Pchan plays a vampire called Argyris and Joy plays a child-vamp called Remy, both of whom would no doubt jump at some plottage XD), but it's up to you. Though obviously it would mean picking skills twice, since the infection alters a character's genetics and "resets" their powers.

Yup, it seems like you've got the gist of it. :) If you're struggling, you could probably ignore the other realms and focus on Elysia for now. Alexandria (the unofficial trade capital of Elysia) is a good spot to start out, with tons of RP opportunities if you'd rather not travel too much until you're more familiar with the setting. But what you said is absolutely correct (and an excellent summation) so I think you'll be fine. :D

Let me know if you need anything else! ^^

Page 1 of 1