• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

In A Small Cabin Cafe *Alpine Mountains*

#21 User is offline   Aiden Icon

• Eminent
  • Icon

Posted 21 November 2006 - 09:02 PM

He tilted his head at the female cat, wondering why she didn't turn human yet. Some of the occupants of the cafe were beginning to stare at the man speaking to the cat. A handful dismissed that as shifter talk, but others were to ignorant to know. Grinning, for he hadn't seen Sanura for such a long time, Aiden turned to Scarlett and said, "The black kitten's Sanura. She's a feline shifter like me."

Aiden placed down his mug and took a few steps to kneel before the kitten. He held out his arms, wondering if she needed him to carry her to the tabletop. If she's too tired to shift back... "This is Scarlett...a..." he didn't know what kind of person the stranger was, "...someone I met at the Alps. Why don't you take a seat with us? I'll get you something to drink."

#22 User is offline   Scarlett Icon

• Eminent
  • Icon
  • Group: Retired Veteran
  • Scarlett Caye
  • Looks:18
  • Race:Newcomer
  • Profile:View
  • Shop:Buy Something
  • Sammi
  • Other Characters:None
  • Job(s):None

Posted 22 November 2006 - 04:11 PM

Scarlett watched as Aiden held out his arms for the shifter - Sanura, to jump into. She too was curious as to why Sanura hadn't shifted, still she supposed just because she herself was slightly concious of her species, didn't mean that all others were. I wonder what its like to feel entirely comfortable in your own skin, she thought. As she did so, Scarlett noticed Aiden struggling to introduce her, Does he not know I'm a vampire? she thought, Or does he just think its something to be ashamed of? Scarlett began to fume slightly, if it was the latter then she would not be happy. Turning to the feline shifter and smiling, she spoke,
"I'm a vampire." Somehow saying it aloud made Scarlett even more sure that it wasn't something to be ashamed of.

Journal | Inventory
Credit for image to here.

#23 User is offline   Sanura Icon

• Remarkable
  • Icon

Posted 25 November 2006 - 11:39 PM

Aiden knelt down, holding out his arms for her, which Sanura, in the most graceful way she could manage, began to climb into them, but stopped halfway. She nodded a hello to Scarlett, the vampire as she finished for Aiden, before glancing around the cafe. The Alps were open to Elysians and non-Elysians, which was why she hadn't just shifted when she'd entered. If someone who wasn't from Elysia saw her, it could be a relatively bad thing.

Looking around for a bathroom, she finally spotted one in the corner with a swinging door that didn't look too heavy. Walking quickly to it, she pushed open the door with her shoulder (with a bit of difficulty from not paying attention) and scampered inside.

When she returned to the others, back to her human self, she smiled and held out her hand for Scarlett. "Nice to meet you, Scarlett. I'm Sanura Chand...ler," she added, slowing in her last name. Aiden had already introduced her as Sanura, so it wasn't really nessicary for her to say it again. Blushing slightly, she looked down at her feet.

{{ooc;
You know, I wrote up a four paragraph post before I realized the Alps were open to non-Elysians. x3}}
Credit goes to Meghann (me) for making avatar.
Model in avatar is Virginia Madsen.
Forms: Black kitten, black cat, lynx, panther

#24 User is offline   Aiden Icon

• Eminent
  • Icon

Posted 26 November 2006 - 06:18 AM

I'm a vampire.

Nodding sheepishly for not knowing better, he said, "Right." Aiden lifted his arms slightly, preparing to carry her to the chair. But she jumped off of his arms halfway. At first he thought she'd lost her balance, but she landed smoothly and walked toward the bathroom. Ah. The thought clicked when he saw her look around the cafe. He hadn't thought of the possibility of Non-Elysians nearby, but he remembered now. What a major fluke. It was all Aiden's luck that Scarlett was an Elysian. For his near-first time out of Elysia, Aiden was doing a horrible job.

Returning to his seat, Aiden smiled amiably at Scarlett. "A vampire..." he said in a lowered voice, "I've never met your kind before." Remembering the task that Dora gave him, he asked, "Do you by any chance know someone named Belle?"

Hearing footsteps approaching the table, he looked over to see Sanura. Grinning, he pulled out a chair for her to sit.

#25 User is offline   Scarlett Icon

• Eminent
  • Icon
  • Scarlett Caye
  • Sammi

Posted 26 November 2006 - 02:49 PM

"Do you by any chance know someone named Belle?"
Scarlett frowned slightly as Aiden asked his question, she remembered something of a human called Belle at the halloween ball, yet she didn't know exactly what had happened to her, and she hadn't heard much of her since.
"I know she was at the Halloween ball.. but thats about it really. I suppose the best person to ask would be Max, if she's been injured at all then he'll know - he's one of the best healers in Elysia."
Scarlett smiled at Sanura as she settled into her seat. Remebering Aiden's previous comment she spoke again,
"You probably have met more of my kind. Most of us prefer to keep it a secret - what with the stereotyping that often comes with being a vampire. Personally.. well I don't let it get to me. Elysia's one of the few places in the world where I have been accepted and if a few have a problem with who or what I am then thats there issue.. not mine." Scarlett looked out of the window, the fierce expression she held when she had spoke gone completely.

Journal | Inventory

#26 User is offline   Sanura Icon

• Remarkable
  • Icon

Posted 26 November 2006 - 07:32 PM

As Aiden pulled out her seat, Sanura sat with a small 'thank you'. Scarlett spoke then, about someone at the Halloween Ball and injuries, bringing Belle to the front of the feline 'shifter's mind. As one of the hostesses, she knew a human named Belle had been harmed and taken to the hospital, but she didn't know what the outcome had been.

"I think that's really good that you're not afraid to say you're a vampire... I know a lot of them are, and it's a shame," she said qiuetly. She felt that, if you weren't proud of what you were, you didn't deserve to be whatever it may be.

#27 User is offline   Scarlett Icon

• Eminent
  • Icon
  • Scarlett Caye
  • Sammi

Posted 26 November 2006 - 08:17 PM

Scarlett nodded as Sanura spoke, she didn't quite know what to expect from this girl, but after speaking with her, if only for a short time, she knew that she was sensible, and down to earth. Not like some of the others who had found Elysia - loud, easily excitable beings. Was I like that? Scarlett asked herself, she had only been in Elysia for a couple of months, maybe a little longer, but it seemed like she had lived here for as long as she could remember. Taking a large sip from her hot chocolate, Scarlett raised her sultry brown eyes over the cup, towards Sanura.
"I don't know if people are ashamed as such.. well, the vampire community, its just pretty much dull. Apart from me and my brother, I can only name a handful of other vampires. Its a shame really, I think it'd help people identify themselves a lot better if they had somebody from similar circumstance to talk to." Scarlett sunk the dregs of her hot chocolate, placing the cup on the table with a satisfying clunk.
"So, what brings you to Elysia?"

Journal | Inventory

#28 User is offline   Aiden Icon

• Eminent
  • Icon

Posted 28 November 2006 - 12:30 AM

Aiden nodded as Scarlett spoke of vampire stereotyping. It shamed him to think it, but as a child, he'd been taught to be wary of anyone who wasn't a shapeshifter. It wasn't until after he left his town, when he was subjected to shifter stereotypes, that he realized that stereotypes were just exaggerated theories made by petty people.

As Scarlett spoke to Sanura, Aiden reached into the pocket of his large leather jacket and withdrew a notebook. Smiling at the two and twiddling the pen in a "don't mind me...I'm just taking notes" fashion, he proceeded to write notes of Max and the Halloween Ball. Finding and talking to Max should be relatively easy. He smirked to himself. Afterall, he worked at the vet's hospital.

#29 User is offline   Sanura Icon

• Remarkable
  • Icon

Posted 29 November 2006 - 10:29 PM

Sanura nodded, listening to Scarlett speak. She honestly hadn't met many vampires, but she'd met a few in passing. Tom, and now Scarlett were to only two she actually knew in Elysia, but the other three had been in an alley in New York, somewhere near the portal. They hadn't seemed too pleased with their species, and one of them had even admitted to wanting to beg a deity for a change, even if it meant death. It had been a bit extreme, in her opinion.

"Umm. . . I'm a feline 'shifter, as Aiden said. . . I don't remember how I found it, but I've been here a while. . . I didn't really have much to do where I had been before, so this place seemed good. . . I've made some pretty good friends here," she finished, not sure what else, exactly, she should say.

"What brings you here? To Elysia, I mean. . ." Again, she had almost forgotten they weren't in Elysia, but the Alps, though she had gotten used to keeping her voice hushed when speaking about it outside of it itself.

#30 User is offline   Scarlett Icon

• Eminent
  • Icon
  • Scarlett Caye
  • Sammi

Posted 01 December 2006 - 05:01 PM

Scarlett attempted to listen to Sanura's words, although she got the impression the girl wasn't entirely comfortable when focused on singularly. Scarlett couldn't help being slightly distracted however, by Aiden's shuffling of paper, followed by some very rapid note taking. Her curiousity riled, Scarlett made a mental note to ask him exactly what he was doing. Scarlett focused her attention back to Sanura in time to hear her ask what had brought herself to Elysia.

"Oh, its quite simple really. I came here to find my brother - Tom. Fellow vampire, but a nice guy. Although I would say that, being his sister. Yeah, we had well, unfinished business you could put it, and I figured the only way to ever sort things out was if I followed him here."

Scarlett smiled as she finished speaking, she knew her story was extreme, and that because of that people were bound to wonder what exactly had happened between her and her brother to make her seek him so badly.

Journal | Inventory

#31 User is offline   Aiden Icon

• Eminent
  • Icon

Posted 16 December 2006 - 05:50 AM

Unfinished business you could put it, and I figured the only way to ever sort things out was if I followed...The redhead's words stung, though he knew she couldn't have intended it. They reminded him of his own businesses back home. He had so many that he'd simply dropped his tasks and left. Denial.

Decidedly ignoring his mind, he shut the notebook and tucked it into his pocket. Smiling at the women, Aiden leaned back in his chair. "I think I've heard of Tom. He owns a petshop, doesn't he?" Aiden asked as he rested an elbow against the table.

A waitress carried a plate of hot food to the guests a few tables down. Seeing Sanura, she approached the three. He already had coffee, but what the heck--he was hungry too. "Blueberry muffin please," he said. The human nodded and jotted down the order. Looking at the black-haired woman, then at the redhead, she waited for a response.

((OOC: Sorry for the delay. ^__^;;))

#32 User is offline   Sanura Icon

• Remarkable
  • Icon

Posted 17 December 2006 - 03:23 AM

"Oh," was all she could offer to the vampire's words. Curiousity nagged at her, begging the feline 'shifter to ask what the unfinished business was, but Sanura had no intention of prying. Curiousity killed the cat, so they said.

A waitress came by, and Aiden ordered a muffin. He had been pretty quiet for a little while. Probably working on something for work or something, Sanura decided. Chewing her bottom lip, she looked down at her hands. "I'd like a coffee, with cream and sugar, please," she finally said. She needed coffee, soon, because she hadn't had it in a long while; it was a necessity for her.

{{ooc;
Her thoughts are so articulate. XD}}

#33 User is offline   Scarlett Icon

• Eminent
  • Icon
  • Scarlett Caye
  • Sammi

Posted 10 February 2007 - 06:41 PM

Turning to the waitress, Scarlett shook her head.

"Nothing for me thank you."

Scarlett reclined in her chair slightly, Aiden's question reminding her of her brothers new venture. Shaking her head once more, she looked at Aiden.

"Yes and no. Tom did own the pet shop, but he's sold it now, trying to start a new venture. Although I don't know how succesful it will be..."

Scarletts voice trailed off. She felt bad about doubting Tom, especially as she so desperately wanted him to succeed, but she had a feeling that he may regret his decision. She had seen the way animals had reacted with him, feeling the same warmth that she felt from him. Rubbing her arms, Scarlett sighed lightly, trying to shake of bad thoughts, and focus on the two new people she had met.

Journal | Inventory

#34 User is offline   Aiden Icon

• Eminent
  • Icon

Posted 12 February 2007 - 10:58 PM

As the waitress left to fill their orders, Aiden nodded knowingly. He'd seen the gradual transformation of the pet shop as he patrolled the market every day. During a night shift, he noticed with surprise how the shop was so bright in comparison with before. Over the next few days, painters walked in and out, carrying buckets of light blue paint. Looking through the window one day, he saw that neither Tom and Piper were there, and that a frilly-dressed anyeli had taken the counter. For the record, Aiden was by no means a stalker. He just had an uncanny knack for noticing things.

He replied, "Well, it received a lot of business, judging from the customers I see entering everyday. He got that first shop running...this new one might grow as well. What's the new place called?"

((OOC: Woah. A revival. =O
Hi again x3 ))

#35 User is offline   Scarlett Icon

• Eminent
  • Icon
  • Scarlett Caye
  • Sammi

Posted 13 February 2007 - 12:59 PM

Scarlett watched the waitress as she walked away from the table. She couldn't help but wonder if there was much call for staff in a little cafe like this, she couldn't see many people coming out of there way to visit - still she had found it, so maybe there was call for it. Realising her thoughts had wandered completely away from Aiden, she smiled, trying to get her mind back on track.

"I hope he'll be able to work his magic on the pub like he did with the pet shop. Its called the Hog's Head."

Scarlett found herself, not for the first time, worrying about her brother. She knew how disheartening running a business could be if trade was slow, especially with the Salon recieving little customers - or profit for that matter. Chewing her lip, Scarlett wondered what exactly she could do to attract more people to the salon.

Journal | Inventory

#36 User is offline   Aiden Icon

• Eminent
  • Icon

Posted 22 February 2007 - 04:34 AM

"The Hog's Head, eh?" he thought carefully on the subject, wondering if he had passed anything like that during his rounds. The name was familiar but unclear. Heh, his memory was getting loose. Watching Scarlett, he realized that she was preoccupied with something. During the time that she spoke, she'd sighed, fidgeted, and lightly bitten her lip. Was something wrong?

Smiling amiably, he tapped his head and said, "Hog's Head, eh? It sounds...pub like." He grinned, "I'll check it out when I get back Underground." With some reluctance, he applied pressure to his feet, sliding the chair from the table. "Nice meeting you two, Sanura, Scarlett," he nodded at each of the girls, "but I must take my leave of you." He'd promised to meet his sibling later in the day and had not a clue what the current time was. Perhaps, at this very moment, he was making her wait in the cold?

((OOC: Sorry for the delay of reply Dx ))

#37 User is offline   Scarlett Icon

• Eminent
  • Icon
  • Scarlett Caye
  • Sammi

Posted 22 February 2007 - 06:11 PM

Scarlett smiled as Aiden commented on the name of the pub. He was right, it certainly did sound like a traditional pub. She wondered if Tom had named it that on purpose, as a reminder of home, or whether it was utter coincidence.

"You should check it out definetly."

Scarlett smiled, although her smile dropped slightly as Aiden rose. As he uttered his goodbyes, Scarlett realised that she too had places to be - she hadn't been home for long lately, and Zan was probably feeling more than a little neglected.

"Nice meeting you too Aiden, Sanura."

Scarlett turned towards Sanura as she spoke her name, but she seemed in some kind of trance, which Scarlett took as her wanting to be alone. Rewrapping her scarf around her, which had fallen looses during her time there, Scarlett pulled some coins out her thick coat, and left them on the table as a tip.

"I'll see you around Aiden - maybe in the pub?"

Scarlett smiled at him, taken by him even after such a short period of time. Turning on her heal, she headed towards the door, pulling it open roughly, and sending a twirl of wind into the cafe.

Journal | Inventory

#38 User is offline   Aiden Icon

• Eminent
  • Icon

Posted 23 February 2007 - 01:01 AM

He smiled at the woman and watched as she left. "Nice person," he said offhandedly to Sanura as the waitress approached with their orders. Taking the blueberry muffin from the waitress's tray, he winked at Sanura and said, "I'll see you sometime, okay? Bye."

He strode toward the counter to pay for his meal. "I'm paying for that lady's drink as well," he said to the cashier, pointing at the table where Sanura was. Grinning as he took the receipt, Aiden zipped his jacket and left the cafe. He reverted to his primary form the moment he stepped outside; it was the only way to stay warm. He ran down the path toward the portals.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked