• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sir Box Full of Ideas Reporting for Duty

#1 User is offline   Alain Icon

• Untested
  • Icon

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:45 PM

"12 Nov 12, 10:51
Emma: I've been trying to think up some quests and ONPC prompts for it but drawing a blank. I think I got burned out; slowly recovering, but I've not been able to do nearly as much as I'd wanted."

I think the issue here might actually be the viewpoint. Rather than trying to create quests alone for it, I'd like to ask anyone and everyone here what THEY would like to do in response to it. I don't care how new or old you are, or whether you don't feel quite "used" to Elysia yet as a result of that. Elysia is what it is before and what the players make it now. There has been a massive quake, so the old is bound to change as Elysians rebuild.

The reason I ask is just because we could easily post quests that don't get accepted for awhile, tho ONPC prompts might be able to garner at least one person in it.

For example...

What policies by certain settlements might change to adapt to all these changes? Not only was Elysia hit by a natural disaster, but a new world, and a new God, has appeared. To use airforce terms, we're approaching a furball due to Elysia's large collection of guilds and other organizations.

The Voice will probably be a big player here, so at least either that quest or some sort of thread involving them would be neat.

What exactly are the guilds up to?

Did the Anyeli Empire actually stablize temporarily due to all of this?

And don't forget trade. I just read Emma's new open thread for Zozeko, and I think an idea or two considering his connections and what he might get dragged into might lead to yet another event to come. ;)

Last but certainly not least...remember the time of year. The holidays are always a time that people band together, and Elysia is just a month away from one of such times.

#2 User is offline   Xanth Icon

• The Creator
  • Icon

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:27 PM

Much love for throwing this up, David. <3 Hopefully my posting won't put others off. <_<

For my part, I have some vague plans I should probably outline: Primarily, I'm wanting to get Xanth off her butt (which is what Dazadi's thread is for) to make some appearances in Elysia, the aim being to eventually have two active gods and their followers competing against one another. I'm hoping to put up some religious quests (under a new category, [GOD] or something) where people can choose to work for either Danae or Xanth (or, in some rare cases, possibly even both).

The Voice should definitely be coming into their own right now, especially when Xanth starts backing them visibly. (I'm wondering if she'd go as far as completing that new temple of theirs for them so people have someplace to 'worship' - I use the term lightly because I'm not sure at this stage exactly how the different Elysians pray - while the shrine is being rebuilt. Since that's a quest, I'm reluctant to have her take over there, and I kind of feel like she'll think a temple will be of more use, kind of like a shining beacon of hope visible from miles in any direction, like the colosseum.)

I also think there'll be small cults popping up, either shunning the Xanthian religion altogether or finding ways to 'edit' their beliefs to include Danae and Acantha. I've been toying with the idea of hosting a couple of Acantha-themed design contests, so one could be about designing the organisations growing up around the changes, too?

I was going to post more, but I don't want to stall anyone's ideas with my own vague plans so I'll shut up for now. XD You guys are more interesting than me, anyway.

btw, since I'm currently doing ONPC on my own, I would deeply appreciate ideas for prompts if any of you have them. You can submit your own quests and rumours, too. :D

#3 User is offline   Alain Icon

• Untested
  • Icon

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:53 AM

I don't believe your posting will put people off, since this is more of an "offer an idea thread" than a "offer your ideas so we can put them down" thread. XD

Though, if you have me throwing prompts at you, it'd probably taking up all of your time. :P I think one thing that might be important, given there are more races popping up, is maybe a Malaki/Mystrider/Ohani entering Elysia and checking things out. I'm not sure if you already have ideas—part of those vague plans, as it certainly could be.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic