• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The Riverbank The Fae Forest

#1 User is offline   Xanth Icon

• The Creator
  • Icon

Posted 18 August 2006 - 09:31 PM

Kaethe was visiting the Fae River, one of her favorite places in all of Elysia. She used to come here with her parents when she was little, and she felt it was the only place she could sing freely.

Her wordless song was her soul, and with her soul in the open, she was vulnerable. Kaethe hated vulnerable. So she only freed her voice when she was where she felt safest.

Wading in the water, Kaethe lifted her head to the heavens and let her hair tumble to her back, free and loose.

Xarya entered the clearing where the River passed by and she noticed Kaethe in the water looking like she was enjoying herself

Xarya smiled

Suddenly Xarya started singing a tune, very quietly of course

Daughter of the year's first snow,
Eyes as fresh as morning dew,
Joy's dear soldier, fighting woe,
Xarya the Angel, wings still new.

Like a flower reaching to the sun,
Grey wings will soon glow with light,
Youth's hard struggle will soon be done,
Her wiser wings will turn to white.

Bliss and Love in Angel form,
A star for a heart and Beauty's eye
neither chill with hate, or with anger, warm
Xarya, ever soaring high

Hearing the voice of another, Kaethe immediately stopeed her song and bound back her golden curls. She would not be vulnerable for a moment. She listened to the other Angel's song, trying to recall her name. However, a few lines in, she was given the answer. Xarya. Smiling, Kaethe hummed along with Xarya until the song ended. She went to sit on a rock in the middle of the river, and finally spoke.

So we meet again Xarya. Perhaps we are fated to be friends. Here Kaethe paused weighing her options. Smiling, she continued. Well, if we are to be friends, I suppose we should share a bit about ourselves.

Xarya smiled and started talking about herself

I never knew my mother and father. When I was born my mother couldn't look after me but loved me so. She had to leave me. I ened up in a dustbin just watching the world go by. Nobody noticed me. Then. I fell asleep one night and the next day I am here.
It's so confusing for me. I find every passing day a challenge.

My story is a bit more dramatic, but suffice to say that my parents came to a violent end end front of my eyes, and I grew up in an orphanage. There really isn't much to say besides that. So, I suppose we are both orphan's or at least demi-orphans.

Kaethe smiled quietly; she had surprised herself by revealing as much about herself as she did.

Poor you..
I mean, basically I slept through most of my life..
I still can't remember what my parents looked like though....
Well, I only say that I slept through most of my life
because I really can't remember most of my
life....

Nodding in agreement, Kaethe added

To be honest, I do my best not to think about my parents, because, well, my only accurate memoryis of when they died. I still miss them, but I sometimes wonder why they had to die and get angry with them. But I suppose that's all in the past.

Swishing her feet in the cool current of the river, Kaethe gave a shy smile.

So what brought you here in the first place?

Listening to what Kaethe said she answered her question instantly like she had been planning it......

I just needed to get away from the hustle and bustle of the Marketplace. I just came here to basically calm down. I have the same problem as you. I get angry with my parents sometimes. Sometimes I just ask myself, why did they leave me? I mean, they could have held on.

After mentioning her parents again she started to cry..

A bit unsure of what to do with a crying angel, Kaethe akwardly did her best to comfort Xarya.

There, there. It'll be alright. Shh, don't cry.

Xarya sniffed and looked up to Kaethe and smiled up to her

You're one of the most kindest person I have met so far..

Xarya then started singing her song again

Daughter of the year's first snow,
Eyes as fresh as morning dew,
Joy's dear soldier, fighting woe,
Xarya the Angel, wings still new.

Like a flower reaching to the sun,
Grey wings will soon glow with light,
Youth's hard struggle will soon be done,
Her wiser wings will turn to white.

Bliss and Love in Angel form,
A star for a heart and Beauty's eye
neither chill with hate, or with anger, warm
Xarya, ever soaring high

She then closed her eyes and dreamed....

Merged. No doubleposting---Generally anything within 24 hrs is a double post. Also. DO try to lengthen your posts? Kiril prefers posts longer than two sentences.
Thanks.

#2 User is offline   Xanth Icon

• The Creator
  • Icon

Posted 18 August 2006 - 09:32 PM

Nymphadora walked away from the marketplace, feeling rather annoyed. Even though she was only part Nymph, she thought she could attract men better than that. "Or was that only humans? Bah, who cares. He was a simple Vampire. Still a man!" She thought to herself.

Shaking her head, she continued to replay the whole scene in her mind. She wasn't paying attention to her surroundings, and carelessly left her wing on display for all to see. It wasn't until she heard a soft singing that she realized she had reached the riverbank.

Stoping short, Nymphadora's head shot up and she spotted the source of the singing. It seemed an Angel was standing in a clearing singing, with another Angel nearby listening. She didn't want to disturbe them, but she felt drawn. She slowly walked toward them, and let her wings relax.

Walking into the clearing, she paused, and waited to be noticed.

Xarya stopped singing and
turned round to face the other visitor

Hello there. I don't suppose we have met yet?
My name is Xarya. Xarya the angel.

And she smiled

"Hi. My name is Nymphadora." She said rather cheerfully.

Although she wanted to introduce herself as who she was, she decided to hide her Nymph background. Although Angels have neve given her grief before, unlike Nymphs, Nymphadora decided to stay on the safe side. At least until she had time to get used everyone and everything around her.

She looked at the beautiful white wings behind Xarya. She fluttered her eyes shut for a short moment, and said a silent prayer to Xanth. Please let me get my white wings.

Before she lost herself in another thought, Nymphadora bowed her head slightly. "You have a beautiful voice Xarya. And that song is truly lovely.

Nymphadora smiled softly, and looked toward the other angel.

Xanth poofed in with a huff, glanced around and spotted Nymphadora. Come here, dearling, this place is far too dangerous for a young one like you. Did you not read the signposts? With that she took the Nymph's arm and poofed her to the marketplace where she'd be safe.

Xarya jumped aback, not sure
who this other person was.
But when she heard the voice she knew
it was Xanth

She crouched down and watched Nymphadora
being taken away by Xanth.

Poor Dora. She sighed and started to
think about things..

Slipping down tjhe river bank to the river, Mahesa rolled up her jeans, and waded into the water. Smiling, she sat on the edge of the bank, her legs still dangling in the water.

Ah, now this is bliss. When she noticed those already enjoying the river, she gave a greeting.

Hullo. I don't seem to have met either of you before, so, I'm Mahesa. What're your names?

Xarya went over to the riverbank and jumped in, splashing Mahesa a bit

Oops sorry, My name is Xarya, but I am sure you know
that ^^

Xarya waded in beside Mahesa and grinned
up at her

It is nice to meet you Xarya, and even nicer to be here

Without warning, she dove into the river and began to swim upstream, her silk dress flowing and rippling in the water like it was alive. Coming up for air, she added

This is a small bit of bliss

Thryn grinned as she observed the angel and the human. She walked over to the riverbank and sat down, dangling her legs in the cool, refreshing water. She couldn't swim, but she could enjoy herself, couldn't she?

She looked at the sky, squinting. It sure is bright here. Her body slipped into the water, and she flipped on her back, floating peacefully, face bobbing in and out. Now this was a place for relaxation, with no fear except for drowning, of course.

Finally breaking from her reverie, Kaethe smiled at the girl and shapeshifter now swimming in the water. She would have joined them if not for her wings. When thehy were wet, they were utterly useless, and she didn't want to be so vulnerable. Realizing she hadn't told either her name.

Hey. I'm Kaethe, the Estate Manager and Angel. Having learned the human's name earlier, she turned to the shifter. And what is your name?

#3 User is offline   Xanth Icon

• The Creator
  • Icon

Posted 18 August 2006 - 09:33 PM

Better not start swimming, I will probably get my wings wet,
and I really don't want that,I should try and bring my voice to the surface, get some talking done, then maybe I will have more confidence in myself...

Turning round and heading back to the bank, she saw Kaethe and smiled, she then waved and came splashing back to the bank and sat down next to Kaethe, breathless from the splashing, she got back her breath and started to dry herself off by doing some twirls in the air, then she sat back down next to Kaethe and smiled again, and opened her mouth, ready to start speaking

Coughing a bit, after running back to shore, she mannaged to say, "Hi Kaethe! How have you been?"

Kise made her way to the river, wondering if she wouldn't be able to take a quick dip or something. The walk half way up the tree had made her quite hot and she was looking forward to the cool water.

As she approached the river she noticed that there was quite a group already gatherd. So this is where Thyrn went to... gah! it's that angel again! And... and... is that Xarya?

With a sightly suprised look on her face, Kise blurted out with out really thinking. "Xarya? What the :potty: ? I thought you were still up in the tree."

So relaxed, Kaethe could only reply to the demon's out burst languidly.

Aren't you the portrait painter. You do a splendid job. Why don't you take a dip? It might relax you a bit.

Aren't you the portrait painter. You do a splendid job. Why don't you take a dip? It might relax you a bit.

Kisei mearly nodded toward the angel. She still didn't feel comfortable talking to her. Granted the things she had heard about this Other having feelings for Kiril were just rumors and there seemed to be no proof... but the part about him saving her... well that was real.

"Thank you. I appologise for how long it is taking me to finish your picture. But you will be happy to hear that I'm almost done with it."

Walking down to the river's edge, Kisei toed off her boots and rolled up her pants. She sat on the bank and put her feet in the water. Closeing her eyes, she enjoyed the coolness of the river and let a small smile make it's way onto her face.

"Feels good"

With a happy smile, Kaethe replied

Doesn't it? Take your time with my picture- I can wait.

Deciding to ignore her wings, Kaethe ove into the river fully clothed. As she floated underwater, she noticed the beauty of the underwater world. Coming back up for air, she pointed it out to the others gathered.

You all should have a look underwater. It's really lovely!

"You all should have a look underwater. It's really lovely!"

Still floating, Thryn turned her head, looking at the angel. Suddenly her balance was thrown off and her body snapped upward, all her weight returning. She descended into the river and her eyes opened. It was like looking through a mirror that slightly blurred everything.

The shifter glimpsed tiny minnows rushing past, and could only distinguish for a second the shale at the bottom. Her head pulsed slowly at first, but after about twenty seconds in the water it was shrieking for oxygen. She pushed upward with all her strength, and gasped for air when she reached the surface. Remembering that the angel didn't have her name, she said, "Thryn," and grinned, trying to cover her embarrassment.

Watching as the angel dove into the water Kisei suddenly had the urge to join her. She was still quite hot from her climb and could do with a quick dip.

You all should have a look underwater. It's really lovely!

Without a word, Kisei rose to her feet and started to walk out to the deeper part of the river. Dipping her head under the surface, she decided to take a look at what the angel was talking about.

Floating along, Mahesa heard Kaethe's suggestion and decided to see it for herself. When she opened her eyes underwater, it was like a whole new little world. The pebbles at the bottom shone where the sunlight hit them, and little fish swumm busily about, the blue-green tint from the water adding an aura of mstery about the whole scene. She became so absorbed in her reverie that she didn't notice the demon the water was rapidly carrying her towards. With a hard THUNK! their heads collided, and Mahesa popped above the water clutching her noggin.

OWW! she exclaimed. Then, she popped back underneath to find the demon she'd collided with and to ensure her safety.

(Godmodded with permish)

What the angel had said was true. The world that was below the surface of the river was, in a word, beautiful. It was hard to believe that such a place like this existed.

It's so pretty... it almost makes me a little envious of water nymphs..... almost. Durring her little traid of though, Kisei hadn't been looking where she was going and ran straight into something. When she opened her eyes, she was looking into the face of a human with blond hair.

A small glare had found it's way onto her face as she rose up out of the water, rubbing the small red mark that had started to form on her head.

"Sorry" she mumbled, "But please pay more attention as well."

Blushing heavily, Mahesa said

Yeah, I'm a bit distracted these days. I've got a lot going on, and the river is just so wonderful and distracting. I am very sorry for not keeping an eye out for others. Please accept my apology? She smiled sheepishly and hope that the demon would accept her apology. I mean, who in their right mind wants to be on a demon's bad side?

#4 User is offline   Xanth Icon

• The Creator
  • Icon

Posted 18 August 2006 - 09:35 PM

Yeah, I'm a bit distracted these days. I've got a lot going on, and the river is just so wonderful and distracting. I am very sorry for not keeping an eye out for others. Please accept my apology?

Classic dumb blond... I wondered if they really existed... I guess they do.... but what's with this humble jumble? Is she really that embarassed and eager for me to forgive her? pfft

To keep the mood light and not dissrupt the beauty of the sceen around them, Kisei mearly nodded to the girl and returned to the river, keeping her thoughts to herself.

"it's a bad thing to be easily destracted and not be aware of your surroundings. Even in such a place as this... you need to be careful. It could get you killed one day."

"Even in such a place as this... you need to be careful. It could get you killed one day."

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if I do get killed by my carelessness someday. It's my worst fault, and I honestly don't think it will ever get better. I've been trying for years, but it just seems to get worse. My mother used to say that I'd forget my wedding dress when I get married, and I'll walk down the aisle naked. Of course I told her I wouldn't, but my she wasn't all that convinced

Hoisting her self onto the riverbank, Mahesa dangled her feet in the river while wringin out her sopping wet hair.

So, what drew you to the River?

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if I do get killed by my carelessness someday. It's my worst fault, and I honestly don't think it will ever get better. I've been trying for years, but it just seems to get worse. My mother used to saw that I'd forget my wedding dress when I get married, and I'll walk down the aisle naked. Of course I told her I wouldn't, but my mother wasn't all that convinced

Kisei went slightly rigid. Doesn't think that it will ever change? Does she really believe what she's saying?

If there was one thing that Kisei couldn't stand about people... it was the type that felt that they are who they are and nothing about them was going to change. She had felt that way when she first made her way to the sactuary... but being so along and hearing stories of the mighty Lord Kiril had given her something to strive for. Meeting him only fuled that desire to get stronger and better herself as a fighter and as a person.... and to think... that right in front of her was someone who thought that they couldn't change...

So, what drew you to the River?

Kisei whispered something under her breath, her face looking toward the ground, totally ignoring the human's question.

"Excuse me?"

"YOU CAN ALWAYS CHANGE!" Kisei yelled louder so other would hear her. There were tears welling slightly at the corners of her eyes... but if they were out ouf anger, frustration, pity, or sadness... she didn't know. Maybe they were all three....

Godmod with permission ^_^

"YOU CAN ALWAYS CHANGE!"

Mahesa was bit taken aback and annoyed that this Demon would presume that she didn't know that. Quietly but forcefully, she gritted her teeth and replied.

Don't you think I didn't know that? I've been trying to change ever since I realized forgetfulness is not a positive, in 4th grade. I've been trying to change ever since I got here, and especially since I met Max. But its harder for some to change than it is others. So excuse me for feeling a bit defeatist.

Closing her eyes, Mahesa counted to ten, then exhaled.

I'm sorry. I shouldn't have snapped like that. It's just that after a decade of nagging to change, to stop being so forgetful, well, it can make you wind up tighter than a clockspring.

Kisei smirked So she has found someone as well then...

"We are not so different... Both of us have found others that make us want to try harder to change. Granted... yours probably gives you more support than mine."

Kisei looked off to the side, the thought of Kiril in her mind. She hadn't seen him since a week after she entered the sanctuary... would he be please at how much I've grown?... heh, he probably wouldn't care. she thought sadly.

Looking back over to the human, she gave a small yet true smile. "Sometimes doing something for ourselves makes it harder to reach the goal. Having someone to do it for... can help you find the strength that you didn't know you had. So if you ever feel like you can't do it for you... then do it for that person that means so much to you. That way, when ya marry him... you won't be naked." ;)

Alieh approached Fae River. She been there once before but it had been so long she didn't remember.

She was in human form, she would probably change to tigersoon, but she wanted to dangle her ankes in the water.

As she approached she noticed two figures; Kisei and someone else she didn't recognise. It looked as if they were discussing something, she didn't want to intrude so she sat herself down beside the river out of hearing distance.

Thryn kicked her legs gently on the edge of the river, lightly swishing the water with her feet. She wiped the water from her eyes and silently continued to watch was now seemed to be a meaningful conversation. Mm, Kisei's thoughtful. Somewhat loud, but thoughtful.

A human she knew as Alieh reached the group. She greeted her with a wave and a smile, then resumed her peaceful state.

Alieh smiled back. She then glanced towards the two figures further down the river, she couldn't hear them, but it looked somewhat interesting.

"We are not so different... Both of us have found others that make us want to try harder to change. Granted... yours probably gives you more support than mine."

"Sometimes doing something for ourselves makes it harder to reach the goal. Having someone to do it for... can help you find the strength that you didn't know you had. So if you ever feel like you can't do it for you... then do it for that person that means so much to you. That way, when ya marry him... you won't be naked."

Smiling softly back at Kisei, Mahesa acknowledged the turth of her words.

You're right, I have been improving a bit since I came to Elysia, and met him. It's just, I think that no matter how hard I try and improve for Max, he'll hate me. Cause, I sort of messed things up. I'm pretty much on the verge of giving up. Just... there's that small glimmer of hope, from love I guess, that keeps me going. I guess I'l never stop trying, even when he falls in love with someone else. Her smile grew sad, and she quickly looked away. Mahesa then grabbed a piece of grass and began ripping it into bits, like a nervous habit.

...even when he falls in love with someone else.

Kisei's brow furrowed at her words... that had to be one of the sadest things she had ever heard. A love doomed from the start... sounds familar...

Watching the angel's smile turn sad, Kisei had a sudden urge to say something to comfort her... I must be getting soft. Despite this... even though she was a demon... she was female first and formost. Which meant under her rough outer exterior... she was a jumble of emotions.

Kisei walked over to the human, placeing her hands on hers to stop the ripping of the grass, and with a small smile said probably the only encouraging words she had ever said to someone.

"It will be ok. Surely it will."

#5 User is offline   Xanth Icon

• The Creator
  • Icon

Posted 18 August 2006 - 09:35 PM

Thank you very much for your kindness, but I can't help but despise myself at times. I've become one of those terrible romantic heriones in those classic books my tutor used to make me read. I always made fun of them, but here I am, a pathetic, drippy little weeping willow who can't do anything but sit and sigh over my troubles. In fact, now that I think about it, my speech to him sounds like something ripped from the pages of Pride and Prejudice! Mahesa shook her head in disgust, half laughing.

And now I go about complaining on how my life is so awful. If I had Max in front of me, I'd probably cut him into ribbons for what he did to me. But, it's not his fault I feel what I feel. So perhaps I wouldn't. Looking up from her hands, Mahesa mentally chided herself.

Complaining about the issue won't make it go away. You know that. You need to distract yourself from your thoughts for a bit.

Getting a devious glint in her eyes, Mahesa said

Kisei? To keep us from being so melancholy and thinking about our almost obsessive love, I propose a swimming race. First one from here to the tree branch 100 yards down stream wins, no cheating, and no redos. Sound fair?

Kisei? To keep us from being so melancholy and thinking about our almost obsessive love, I propose a swimming race. First one from here to the tree branch 100 yards down stream wins, no cheating, and no redos. Sound fair?

Kisei looked at the human as if she had grown another head. Swim in a race? Her? With her wings? Sure just kinda floating about and a small dunk under weren't bad, but her wings prevented her from any real swimming.

Shaking her head, Kisei replied, "I'm sorry.. but swimming really isn't my thing. I'd much rather just sit by the edge and relax. I've been sparring a little too much as of late."

Xarya swam to the bank and sat down, dangling her legs in the River.

"Does anybody know the name of this river? Because I don't know!"

Xarya jumped back in and made big splashes and swam back out again, floating on with her wings out of the water..

"Does anybody know the name of this river? Because I don't know!"

"I think it's the Fae River," Thryn replied. "This is the bank."

She kicked her legs, sitting on the grassy edge, staring out into the river. She jumped up and dove straight into the water, spreading out her arms like she'd seen the others do. About five seconds later she was sputtering for air. I'll need to work on that.

After she had left the streets of NYC, Castalia had pondered where to go. She had had enough of the big city with it's tall buildings and stinking fumes so she decided to set off and find a more peacefull and tranquil place. Thus she had stumbled upon Fae Forest and wandered into the forest which seemed extremely inviting with it's large trees and lushous plants.

After walking through the forest for a while, enjoying the peace and quiet, Castalia heard the sound of splashing water. She wandered into the direction where the noise was coming from. Being a Nyad, she always felt most at ease when was around.

As the treeline became thinner she recognized a river running through the forest, it seemed there were a few Others at the riverbank and she decided to carefully approach them. She didn't recognize them and didn't want to startle them just like that.

"Hi, I'm Castalia" she introduced herself to them "Mind if I join you all for a swim?"

Thryn heard a voice behind her.

"Hi, I'm Castalia. Mind if I join you all for a swim?"

"Hey, Thryn. I don't think we mind." Wait a second, isn't she the nymph matriarch? She remembered the place where the nymphs had gathered and what she'd read in the news. Having seen the nymph challenge, she knew it wasn't exactly easy.

"Hey Thryn, nice to meet you. The water looks so inviting, I can't wait to get in." Castalia replied.

As she approached the water to take a dip she noticed that the demon she met in NYC earlier -Kisei- was at the riverbank aswell. But being in this wonderfull forest at this beautiful riverbank, Castalia really couldn't be bothered too much, the water was calling her and she just had to get in. Thus she took a few steps and then dove right into the cool water. She stayed under water for a couple of minutes, just taking in the river and it's inhabitants. She noticed some trout swimming upstream and a frog making his way to the shore. This is why I chose to be a Nyad she thought to herself, now being more sure then ever that she had made the right choice not to follow her mother as an Ayad.

Still in the water, Thryn was kicking her legs slowly and continuously to keep her head above water, but they began to ache. She made her way toward the edge and hauled herself onto it, dripping wet. Ech, I'll take a while to dry off.

"Nice to meet you too, Castalia. So, how's the leader life going?" she asked in an attempt to start a conversation.

Taking her head away Alieh noticed a new arrival to the group. It was a nymph she didn't recognise.

Hi, I'm Castalia

Hey, I'm Alieh She smiled at this new character.

As she emerged from underwater she heard Thryn saying "Nice to meet you too, Castalia. So, how's the leader life going?"
Castalia was quite surprised that Thryn had recognized her as the Matriarch, she hadn't been around Elysia too long and had not met many Others that lived here. But then ofcourse Thryn did share the same Sanctuary as herself so there was a good chance that she had seen her there before.
"Not too bad," she replied "sofar I'm coping quite good with my tasks and I love to be in a position where I can help other Nymphs out but I don't feel all superior to anyone. I think I see the title of Matriarch more as an honorary title then anything else."

As Castalia got out of the water to sit on the shore she heard someone else Hey, I'm Alieh. She turned around to see another shapeshifter that she hadn't met before. "Hi Alieh, so nice to meet you aswell. This riverbank is wonderfull, isn't it?!" she said as she looked across the river to the other side. It wasn't very far, maybe she could swim across and back. She pondered a bit about this as she let her long dark hair dry by the sun.

#6 User is offline   Xanth Icon

• The Creator
  • Icon

Posted 18 August 2006 - 09:37 PM

Kisei looked over at the nymph as she approached the river.

So that's the new Nymph matriarch huh? Hmmm I must say that I expected more. Deciding that she had already introduced herself to the nymph on the street corner, Kisei felt no need to talk to her. Actually, the thought of beeing her with an Other Leader mader her a little... jealous.

The demons have yet to decided on a leader. And while she would be more than happy to follow Lord Kiril to the ends of the world, she knew that he wouldn't be leader forever. Kisei hoped to one day be his successor and earn some well deserved attention for the demon that plagued her thoughts. I lovg for the day when I can lead instead of following...

Deciding that these other Other's were a little too friendly and all cheery with eachother, Kisei rose to her feet and decided to move a little way away from the river to lay in the sun... not like she needed to get any darker. :lol:

"Not too bad. So far I'm coping quite good with my tasks and I love to be in a position where I can help other Nymphs out but I don't feel all superior to anyone. I think I see the title of Matriarch more as an honorary title then anything else."

Thryn nodded. She understood, and could see why she was the nymph matriarch. Castalia was wise, not pretentious at all. "And the way it should be. You're doing a great job."

She turned to see Kisei in deep thought, then leave the group to bask and tan in the bright sun. Personally she hated the sun and couldn't think of why someone would want to burn, or tint their skin.

While enjoying the warmth of the sun Castalia noticed from the corner of her eye that Kisei moved herself farther away from them. She thought it was too bad that this demon wanted to seclude herself from the rest, but then again not everyone felt at ease between too many Others.

Then turning towards Thryn again she thanked her for the compliment and continued "Have you been here long? It's my first time in Fae Forest but it is absolutely beautiful. I'm so glad I found this river, I love water."

Castalia got up from the ground where she had been sitting and made her way to the water again."Is anyone up for a swim across the river to the other shore?" she asked while looking at the rest.

"Have you been here long? It's my first time in Fae Forest but it is absolutely beautiful. I'm so glad I found this river, I love water."

"Well, I don't favor the water as much as you," she said with a grin. "It's not my first time here, but I agree, it's beautiful. Nice change from New York City."

Thryn truly did think the forest wonderful. It was a little bright, but the colors were exquisite and it was so much calmer here. A place to relax and ponder, and a small nap from here to there wouldn't hurt. She tugged her jacket gently and wrung it, squeezing the last drops of water out of it until she was fairly dry.

"Is anyone up for a swim across the river to the other shore?" There's not much of a current, but if she's asking for a race, kudos to someone who can outswim a nyad. She stood up and moved to sit under the shade of a tree.

As no one seemed to be interested to swim with her, Castalia realized that they might have misunderstood her and she quickly added to her question "I don't mean a race ofcourse, just a friendly swim together for fun."

Sitting up, Kisei had become bored with this place... not to mention that she had gotten a mission from her Lady not to long ago. Rising to her feet, Kisei turned to leave the river.

"See ya." she said to no one in particular, seeing as they all seemed to be too busy with swimming, and she left the river.

Tired of being surrounded by other angels, Damion made his way out to explore. He had heard of a beautiful river and he decided to go and investigate it.

As he walked down to the shore line, he noticed that there was someone heading toward him, with batlike wings. A demon?!... excelent! If there was one type of Other that Damion wished he could have been, Demon would be it. He was about to say something to her when he noticed that she had a deep scowl on her face and decided that it would be better not to approach her.

So he watched her as she walked by him and she gave him a glare as if to say 'what are you looking at?' He simply shrugged at her and she went on her way.

Sighing to himself, he was a little upset that his first encounter with a demon had gone so poorly. Maybe there was something that she needed to get done Turning back away from the direction the demon had left in, Damion continued down to the river. He could see two female figures in the river itself and he decided to stay a little away from them... he hated it when his wings got wet.

Toeing off his boots, Damion placed his feet in the water and his hands behind his head and leaned back, closing his eyes.

Kisei Gmodding with permish ^_^

She turned her gaze toward Kisei, who seemed to be leaving, and with a firm glare on her face when she disappeared out of sight. Demons are demons, but she's a reasonably thoughtful one. She picked up a leaf and divided it into pieces, itching for something to do. The thin bits floated for a moment and dropped to the forest floor.

Thryn could hear footsteps crunching on the soft grass. Someone came to the river. She discerned red-and-black hair and to her, surprisingly, grey wings. She watched him at a distance. He doesn't seem like the other angels I've met, and thought of Xarya and Kaethe. I think this is the first dark angel I've seen. That, or he's a light angel that really prefers dark colors.

Xanth poofed into the tree over Damion's head and shook the branches vigorously so that a pile of leaves fell on top of him. That is what you get for disobeying level rules, wingling. You can come back here when you level up. She crossed her arms and waited pointedly for him to leave the forest.

#7 ••Damion

• Group: Guests

Posted 23 August 2006 - 02:12 AM

Damion gave the Diety as small annoyed glance as he shook the leaves out of his hair and wings.

"Pssh... whatever. This place is boring anyways."

#8 User is offline   Xanth Icon

• The Creator
  • Icon

Posted 23 August 2006 - 03:14 AM

Rolling her eyes at the fledgling, Xanth waved her fingers and he disappeared in a poof of smoke. Oops she giggled, seeing quite clearly in her mind's eye that he had landed in a dumpster somewhere in New York.

#9 User is offline   Maximus Icon

• Eminent
  • Icon
  • Group: Retired Veteran
  • Maximus Mills
  • Looks:29
  • Race:Human
  • Profile:View
  • Abilities:View
  • Nattie
  • Other Characters:Tom, Namiko, Lucas, Colby

Posted 23 August 2006 - 10:45 AM

Max walked along the riverbank, thinking. He was wondering about man things-who to hire as his new assistant, the quest, upgrading to a nicer house...the list went on. Walking with your head down on a riverbank is apparently a bad idea though. Max almost walked smack-bang into something solid-it seemed to be a person. He wobbled awkwardly to avoid the person and overbalanced, before landing smack into the river. It was only about waist height, but it was freezing. Max gasped as he hit the water. He tried to scrabble up the river bank, but his hands were slippery and the grass was wet. He looked hopelessly up at the person he'd nearly walked into. It was Xanth!?

"Um....hi." He said weakly.

"Could you give me a hand?" He asked hopefully.

#10 User is offline   Mahesa Icon

• A wild threader has appeared!
  • Icon
  • Group: Retired
  • Mahesa Ava Nagra
  • Looks:23
  • Race:Newcomer
  • Other Characters:Belle, Kaethe

Posted 23 August 2006 - 10:21 PM

Emerging from the river, Mahesa saw Max, waist deep in the river, talking to... Xanth? Lovely how their paths always seem to cross, isn't it? Ducking back under the water, she decided she might as well be mature about things. No need to revert to second grade. Slipping out of the water, Mahesa suddenly became self-concious and noticed how her dress clung to everything, including those flaws she so loved to hide. Ig. Taking her hair in her hands, she wrung it out firmly, glad to see her dye hadn't yet begun to fade. Doing the same with the skirt of her dress, Mahesa stood up, smiled in Max's general direction, and turned to go, calling back over her shoulder

It was lovely to meet you all!. Where should she go next? She needed to pick up a few things at the market, and should probably checkin on Aithe...

Images credit to Emilie Online
Ryou has permish for minor g-modding. ^^

#11 User is offline   Xanth Icon

• The Creator
  • Icon

Posted 24 August 2006 - 12:38 AM

Xanth giggled as Max took a tumble, splashing water everywhere.

Um....hi. Could you give me a hand?

That anyone, let alone a human, would dare to speak so freely to her gave her pause. It wsa a rare thing, and though she did her best to engender fear and awe in Elysians, it did make a nice change.

A girl got out of the water, apparently eager to get away. Either she was afraid of Xanth, or... ah. Memories floated toward the goddess and she almost smiled. A quick-forming relationship that had led to discomfort. The girl had already started to form a new relationship with a fledgling dragon, yet she was still caught up in her ex. How lovely.

It was lovely to meet you all!

Xanth arched a brow. There had been no meeting. A meeting entailed greetings, usually the kind where the Elysian bowed his or her respect to Xanth. It did not entail tossing a greeting over the shoulder. Ah, well.

Xanth shrugged and turned her attention back to Maximus. She did not offer her hand, however. She simply waved a hand, and a wall of water erupted under him, shooting him back up onto his feet.

#12 User is offline   Maximus Icon

• Eminent
  • Icon
  • Maximus Mills
  • Nattie

Posted 24 August 2006 - 05:17 PM

Max was shocked as he suddenly found himself back on dry land. He'd noticed Mahesa and was glad she hadn't stayed. Her presence around him always seemed to end awkwardly, and he'd heard rumours of her speaking about him to other Elysians. He smiled at Xanth.

"Thanks for that. It's hell of a party trick." Max joked nervously. He wondered if Xanth knew about he and Mahesa-of course she would, he realised-she is GOD, after all.

#13 User is offline   Xanth Icon

• The Creator
  • Icon

Posted 27 August 2006 - 03:25 PM

Party trick, hmm? How did your party end, Maximus? Well, I hope. She twisted her head slightly, gesturing to Max that he should follow her as she slowly wandered back into the forest. She did not always encourage Elysians to enter the forest, there were many dangers though none that he should not be able to handle with a bit of wit and skill. An imp chattered at her from a tree branch overhead and she waved. They were not always glad to see her. When they first evolved, they were pesky little critters, getting into absolutely everything. Of course, they still did, but they had learned to leave Xanth's possessions well enough alone. She had created this little pocket for them, a safe haven where they could cause as much mischief as they liked and it would be the fault of adventurers if they fell victim to their trickery.

Some of them could be tamed, of course, but Xanth liked to keep that information to herself. In the past, Elysians had domesticated imps and had no clue how to take care of them. Citywide infestations, all over the world. That many imps, they became vicious and were not averse to attacking humans, especially the young. If they struggled to survive, if there was not enough food, the whole thing usually led to tragedy. Rats were not the only pest problem before the Great Fire of London. In fact, it had been an Imp, untended and hungry, that had tried eating a candle and started the fire in the first place.

#14 User is offline   Maximus Icon

• Eminent
  • Icon
  • Maximus Mills
  • Nattie

Posted 27 August 2006 - 03:53 PM

Max followed Xanth, flattered that she was conversing avec with him.

"The party went well...the aftermath however...it wasn't so good. I'm sure you could sense some awkwardness between me and Mahesa..." Max trailed off, realising that as much as he didn't want to talk about Mahesa, it was unlikely that Xanth wanted to hear it in the first place. He continued to walk, looking at the imps. He wondered if any of them were the two that had tripped him up in Fae Tree.

"We've been having self-defence lessons since the incident with Piper and the vampires. Those have been going well." Max said to change the subject.

"And I think it's nearly election time as well." Max said. He'd been thinking about the election recently. He knew Mahesa would probably run against him, and he wasn't sure how he'd fare against her.

#15 User is offline   Xanth Icon

• The Creator
  • Icon

Posted 27 August 2006 - 04:14 PM

Oh, dearling, I know all about the election. In fact, I am the reason for the delay, Xanth grinned. I am glad the party went well. I remember, a few centuries ago, the mayor at that time staged a festival to celebrate the rather odd occasion of his dog's birthday. Of course at that time, humans viewed their animals as nothing more than labourers. Dogs, according to breed, were there either as shepherds or to chase off - well, I am quite sure you know all this. At any rate, his party was a disaster. As a matter of fact, he disappeared quite soon after that... I wonder what happened to him?

#16 User is offline   Maximus Icon

• Eminent
  • Icon
  • Maximus Mills
  • Nattie

Posted 27 August 2006 - 04:29 PM

Max's forehead creased, showing his confusion.

"Maybe his dog ate him." He suggested lamely, unable to think of any other response. He continued to walk, looking down at the floor. He had a ton of questions he wanted to ask Xanth, but he had no idea how she'd react. He was just a human, and should probably be grateful that Xanth was even allowing him to walk with her. Still, it was unlikely he'd have this opportunity again.

"I heard the cure for Sylope had been sent to Ryana's house. Have you heard if she's recovered yet?" He figured he could start small.

#17 User is offline   Xanth Icon

• The Creator
  • Icon

Posted 27 August 2006 - 04:41 PM

Believe me, dear, if Sylope had been healed you would know it. All of Elysia would know it. Hmm but they are taking their own sweet time about it. Xanth tipped her head and her eyes became vacant as she sent her conscious thought winging across Elysia. A second later her head snapped upright and her eyes cleared, her hair whipping up in a ferocious cloud. Excuse me, Maximus, I think I must rescue Sylope from a fate worse than death. *poof*

#18 User is offline   Maximus Icon

• Eminent
  • Icon
  • Maximus Mills
  • Nattie

Posted 27 August 2006 - 04:53 PM

Max looked up as Xanth spoke, and realised she'd gone. Max continued to walk along the riverbank, thinking about things-Xanth, Mahesa, the election... After he had gone a little further, Max realised he shouldn't be wasting his time walking alone in the forest. He stepped away from the riverbank, and headed back to the marketplace, using the quickets route.

#19 User is offline   Xanth Icon

• The Creator
  • Icon

Posted 28 August 2006 - 03:27 AM

Xanth returned to the riverbank a short time after Max had left, poofing into a willow tree that wept over the river. Fully aware that no one was around, she clapped her hands and sent her thoughts winging across the dimensions into Naava's head. I have need of you, Naava. Come at once. Settling in to wait, for unfortunately Shades were not nearly so quick to respond as Aides, Xanth watched a family of ducks swim upriver.

#20 User is offline   Naava Icon

• Lore Master
  • Icon

Posted 28 August 2006 - 04:32 AM

Naava sighed as she walked towards the portal. To think of it! She's a Shade, and she's WALKING! Xanth would deffinatly hear about this. "Jump in the River Xanth! I'll get there when i get there!" She yelled, knowing no humans or others culd hear her., although a few shades turned thier heads. "All these useless shades and she calls ME!? What is her issue? Now fuming, Naava walked through the portal that lead from the homes to fae forest.

"Whadaya want!?" Naava yelled as she walked towards Xanth's tree. It was like Xanth had imoplanted a map in her brain, and yet she couldn't give her enough powers to poof in and out? 'Lame." She though, sitting down under the tree.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked