• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Empire State Building *New York*

#1 User is offline   Xanth Icon

• The Creator
  • Icon

Posted 18 August 2006 - 09:38 PM

Chenoan nestled down on one of the side bars of the large, glittering building.
Noone noticed that a Palid Swift didn't belong anywhere near the city. or the fact that he had tufts of blonde hair sticking out around his neck. But that didn't matter to Chenoan right now. He came here to get away, and to practise his shifting. If he kept at the current rate of progress he would have a chance at alpha shifter within a year.

But he had to keep training. Resting his eyes, he'd have to wait 'til the building closed at night. Then he would begin training again...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few hours passed. Chenoan was getting extremely bored, and starting to lose his focus. This whole time he had only seen the boring faces of the common city peopel, usually by this time he would've seen an angel or something.

Chenoan was starting to fall asleep, if that happened, he would deffinately fall to his doom. Chenoan decided waiting was taking to long. So he dove off the rail towards a nearby alley wat to shift into human form again and go looking for something to entertain him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a while he returned to his mount to sit.

Looking around he watched the oblivious actions of many of the humans. Thogh a few creatures stook out, none seemed to be of any consequens to him...

Dazed from the long day, Chenoan wasn't sure if he even needed to practise more tonight.

A soft, sweet breeze twirls around you so you look up and see Xarya the Angel

You were expecting me, weren't you?

She flys up to you and smiles

An angel with gray wings was striding along the Empire State Building with nothing to do. She glanced up and saw an angel fly up to someone on one of the sidebars of the great building. Curious, she gently moved her wings in a downward motion, slowly flying herself up to the top.

A few minutes later, she saw the two figures and stopped. Smiling slightly, Arinora inclined her head as a show of respect and goodwill. " Hi. I'm Arinora."

"You were expecting me, weren't you?"

Chenoan looked up to see an angel speaking to him.

"Huh? What do you mean?"
He said, confused by her enigmatic question.

Chenoan then saw another grey-winged angel approach him. What was going on? A full day of nothingness and now 2 angels at once?

Being polite he turned to the new comer and said: "Hi Arinora, I'm Chenoan."

I answered your plead for excitingness, Chenoan

This seems to be OOC to me. Please keep in character. ;)

Arinora's smile widened a little more. Hm. Maybe I'm not hopeless at making friends after all. " Chenoan. That's a nice name. Might I ask what you're doing here? I don't see that many Others around here when I walk by."

Suddenly remembering the angel she had first seen and her manners at the same time, Arinora quickly turned to the angel. " Hi. As you probably already know from my brief introduction, I'm Arinora. What's your name?"

"Thanks," Chenoan said, slightly blushing. Well, if birds COULD blush that is. "I'm here to train now that the buildings closed. These heights are great for a flying practice." Chenoan paused and happily looked around at the sky. Although he couldn't see the stars he knew they were there, and one day he would fly high enough to see them above the city lights. 'That is, unless you fall." Chenoan then looked down with a seemingly grave look.

Chenoan perched up and then hopped to the main grounds of the building and began to slowly morph into a humanoid shape. When he finished morphing, about 15 minutes later, he stood up and smiled. He offered his hand towards the angel as he stood, he then realised that although he had arms, they were still mostly covered in feathers. He blushed, but tried not to show it.

"You and her are the only to "Others" I've seen all day." He said pointing at the angel who was sstill flying just off the building.

Xarya flies back to where the other two are

Yes, this is a very good place to practice flying. I need to improve my flying so I don't bang into people!

Xarya takes off again and flutters around and around and bumps into a nearby bird

Ow! I should have been looking where I was going!

Swoopiong quietly onto the top of the building, Kaethe crouched and surveyed the scene playing out below. She was a bit annoyed that someone else had discovered her special hiding place. She had lived here for a bit after leaving the orphanage, and still came here to clear her head every so often. Deciding she might as well know who trespassed (in her mind) on her territory, she slipped down into the shadows behind them.

Who are you?! State your business here. Kaethe harshly whispered.

#2 User is offline   Xanth Icon

• The Creator
  • Icon

Posted 18 August 2006 - 09:40 PM

Chenoan watched the antics of the not-so-graceful angel who was flying of the side of the building. As she hit the bird he was suddenly shocked. Unworried about the angel he watched the poor bird start to fall. But he didn't have the energy to shift and go down to save it. What could he do? Whatever it was he had to hurry. Suddenly there was a voice behind him...

Kaethe said:

Who are you?! State your business here.

Chenoan's heart jumped as he did the same. Moving to the side his arm scraped the rough stones and his hand slid across the smooth guard rails.

"I don't think it's any of your buisness!" Chjenoan shouted in contempt. Although he usually respected creatures with wings this one he didn't appreciate as much. Her rudeness in yelling at him made him want to lunge at her, but his attention was drawn back to the helpless falling bird.

"Would somebody save her!?" He yelled impatiently as his desperate attempts to shift failed, only causing him pain which raised his stress level.

"Hurry before it's blood is on our hands!" Chenoan scream as the bird reached closer to the streets and cars on the ground.

Fine, fine. Sheesh, you'd think that was a human or something.

With that, Kaethe gracefully dove off of the building and into her element. Soaring through the air, her wings pumping with all the power they could muster, ahhh... this was bliss. Having never taken her eyes off of her target, she accomplished her mission much to quickly.

Her wings beating the air gently, she rose to the rooftops once more and quietly alighted.

Here's the bird. It's not injured, just stunned. Let him be for a bit and I think he'll be fine. Anyways, it is my business, as I dislike my solitude interrupted, which you are doing very much. This is my personal place to think, and it has been for about 3 years now.

Suddenly, she takes off, flying in circles around the building.

I am sorry. Ever since those 3 months I lived here I have been fiercely protective of it. I didn't mean to be gruff, but I was feeling defensive.

Chenoan glared at the rude angel's comment. Who cares if it's human? It's a life! He thought angrily as he watched her decent. If he coud shift right now he'd peck her eyes out for that remark. When the angel returned Chenoan cradled it in his hands. He gently rubbed his fingers in the bird's feathers to check it's neck, then wings, then legs for any breaks. There were none. "Phew." Chenoan side as he set the bird down. A few moments later it got up and flew away.

He then turned back to the angel who was flying around like she owned the place. "I've been coming here for weeks and you've never noticed me before. Besides, this is a PUBLIC building, go be territorial some place else." Chenoan knew he was sounding rude, obnoxious, and arrogant, but he didn't realy care. He was far to peeved at this creature to care right now. She has NO claim to this place. I don't care how long she's been here. Chenoan would've flown off right then, except for two reasons. He didn't want to give this "angel" the satisfaction of him leaving. Plus, he still couldn't shift.

He was getting hungry, and his pouch was emptied. He had to shift soon or wait til morning and possibly be found by the security guards. He didn't want to be charged with trespassing again. Chenoan struggled to start his shift. I just gotta get to the ground, then I'll be alright. He thought while he barely showed an physical change to prove he was shifting.

Pulling a small pouch from her sash, Kaethe began to dig through it. After several moments, she found what she was looking for. Pulling out a cloth, some bread, cheese, and fruit, she set out a small spread.

Are any of you hungry? I was planning to eat alone, but feel free to join me.

Tearing off a small hunk of bread, she sat on the edge of the building, legs swinging.

Isn't it beautiful up here? I'll bet you can see clear across the Hudson River. It's the perfect place for a picnic, so I come here at least once a week just for this.

Finished with her bread she dove off of the roof again. Swooping in circles, she shouts:

This is the only time I feel ALIIIVE!

Chenoan heard the angel's invitation. She was seeming nicer and sweeter than before, but he doubted she meant that he could share her food. After 20 minutes had passed Chenoan was JUST starting to shift. Growing more feathers, a few every minute or so. At this rate he might fully shift in about an hour. In the meantime he had to stay still and quiet to save his energy.
"I can do this, I've shifted a thousand, okay maybe not a thousand times before.

Xarya brought out some more food to share around

Here. You two can have some of my food too ^^

She jumped off the edge and started looping around in circles

I feel Freeeeeeee!!!!!

Eralyn strode along the semi-crowded streets, trying to find reasons to procrastinate with her workpile. It was a little warmer today than to her liking, but she didn't mind much. There were a few clouds in the sky today, floating carelessly through the blue.

Hold on... she looked hard at the edge of one of the buildings. Something was swooping around in circles. Most others probably didn't see it, or didn't care. It must have been an Other. An angel or demon, maybe a large shapeshifter?

She sighed, wondering why they were all over the place.

Thryn moved through the streets quickly, head jerked downward. She wiped the beads of perspiration off her forehead and continued. After walking a few blocks, she laid back against a column of a shop, enjoying the cool shade. She squinted as she looked at the blazing sun, and caught notice of two pallid figures circling in the sky, shouting something she couldn't perceive. That is high, she thought, and shuddered.

Chenoan gladly accepted the food from the angel. He ate the morsels within moments, and as his hunger subsided, his shifting hastened. Slowly but surely his long toned arms became lean, elegant wings. His legs from long and. what he considered clumsy. into short little twigs that were easily hidden and tucked away, and his soft etched face morphed into a beak and became hard as stone.

"Finally, I can fly." He said very quietly to himself as he hop-flew towards the edge. When he reached the edge he dove down, taking care to watch his height and speed. He aimed for the same alley as he had landed in before. The sun had now risen and more people were coming out. He started to shift back, hoping it would go faster than before. He didn't like this dingy alley, but shifting in public made wasn't an option. Who knew wat kinda freak might see him and start yelling, or even worse, hunting...

#3 User is offline   Xanth Icon

• The Creator
  • Icon

Posted 18 August 2006 - 09:42 PM

Her afternoon walk was over. It was time to get home and start artist-ing.

Craning her neck in order to see past the crowds to where her destination was, she noticed some people weren't part of the busy assemblies of people, running, rushing to get where ever they were called. One person was leaning against a shop, sweating and suspicious. Eralyn approached the dubious character. Was she a thief?

Hi, I couldn't help noticing you were by yourself. she said as warmly as she could. Maybe she was a murderer. The thought was chilling.

A friendly-looking person was approaching. Thryn looked up, eye meeting eye, and replied, "Ah, hello. Yeah, I was thinking of getting something to eat, but I'm in no hurry." She covertly slipped her hand in her pocket. There were some coins she had found on the street, a few pieces of lint, and her handy, sharpened dagger. Her hand slid out.

Pulling her rather length black hair away from her face, she sighed wearily and glanced around. I can't stand the heat. I'd sooner be in the Arctic Pole than in this temperature. She also noted that a new bird, or angel, or something that could fly was soaring away from the two figures.

Deciding that she better end her natural high, Kaethe slipped out of the sky and onto the roof, folding her wings as she went.

Do you think he'll come back? Kaethe nodded in the direction of the Shifter, more than a bit insulted that he had blatantly ignored her invitation to eat while accepting the other Angel's offer. Oh, yes. Might as well introduc herself.

As long as he's gone and the energy's still pure, we might as well introduce ourselves. I'm Kaethe, currently the undecided Angel, although I hope to start my training to become a warrior soon. What are your names?

"Ah, hello. Yeah, I was thinking of getting something to eat, but I'm in no hurry."

Eralyn shifted her weight from one foot to the other nervously. She didn't seem too bad, but she still felt cautious. Brushing back her hair, she replied, Actually, same with me. I haven't eaten in a while, but I heard a couple of food shops have opened. Should we go together?

The figures from before seemed to have disappeared, but they were probably still up there somewhere. Shrugging, she turned back to the person in front of her. Where are you headed? I passed by a takeout food store earlier, though I don't remember what it was called.

Thryn thought that the person looked nervous and anxious. "I'm not dangerous," she said, and flashed a smile of surprisingly shiny whites. She knew her portrayal usually sent out an unpleasant signal. "And I'd like that, but I don't know which food shop you're talking about, sorry."

"I'm not dangerous."

Eralyn felt embarassed at being obvious, and ashamed at thinking that way of random people. She looked up as she continued, "And I'd like that, but I don't know which food shop you're talking about, sorry."

That's alright, it can't be too hard to find. There aren't that many food shops. I'm Eralyn, by the way. She felt somewhat comforted by her smile. This could be her first friend since arriving here.

"True, there's really can't be that many," she said. "And, I'm Thryn. Nice to meet you, Eralyn."

Then she turned and scanned over the place, looking above people's heads to read the names of shops inscripted in either fancy letters, or a more modern style. "That one's too extravagant by the looks of it. How about this?" she inquired, pointing to a sign that read, Tasty Takeout.

Eralyn looked up at where Thryn was pointing. It looked exactly like what she remembered. In fact, seeing it again, it was a wonder that she forgot it in the first place. The sign in front was colorful with the words Tasty Takeout in funky letters. That's it. Let's go, she told her (hopefully) newfound friend before beginning to walk over to the shop.

"Alright." Thryn walked to the edge of the street, and when the cars halted, she strode over and stopped in front of the shop. She could see the the room inside was illuminated and quite bright, possessing a cheerful aura. It seemed to be busy at the very least. "Do you think we should order the takeout or eat there?" she asked.

#4 User is offline   Xanth Icon

• The Creator
  • Icon

Posted 18 August 2006 - 09:44 PM

Chenoan finally finished shifting and stepped out of the alley. He paused and looked around before hitting the streets. He looked to see if he recognised someone, no. There was no one of any importance to him there.

As he walked down the city street he saw a colorful sign labled "Tasty Take-out". Still being hungry he decided to head towards it. just as he reached the door he saw his friend Thryn coming towards the building as well. She was accompanied by what look like a human, though it could've been a shifter for all he knew.
"Hey Thryn!!!" He called out as he dashed towards her.

"Oh! Hey, Chenoan, this is Eralyn. We were just going to grab a bite. Would you like to join us?" She cast a glance at Eralyn that asked for approval, since she didn't want to seem rude or officious. Then she rested her hand on the door handle and pushed it open, gesturing to them.

"Sure." Chenoan said with a smile to his friend. "But, I think they might be closed..." Chenoan looked at the colorfully decorated "Opening Soon!" sign sitting in the front window. "But I'm up for it."

Eralyn blinked in obvious surprise at the sudden newcomer. Her eyes flickered in abrupt recognition. You're that reporter! she gasped. The self-proclaimed unbiased one. In an irritated huff, she turned back to Thryn. Alright, alright. If it's closed, where should we go now?

Chenoan then recognized Eralyn. "Hey, it's my job to report the facts." He said raising his arms in dismissal. He then saw that the backsides of his hands were covered in feathers. "Two times in a row?! This is getting irratating, can't I shift right at all?" He thought in disapointment. He quickley shoved his hands into his pockets.

Looking at the sign he sighed, he was starting to get hungry again. He really needed to stop shifting so much. "Um, I thought i saw a cafe somewhere around here. But I'll understand if you don't want me to come along." Chenoan knew Eralyn didn't like him very much, so he didn't exactly plan on being invited to join them again.

He started to plan out what he'd do if he wasnt invited. Should he go back to the shelter? He'd been spending alot of time there and was starting to feel a little cramped. Maybe find an actual home... He was level 2 now, an official Avian shifter. That meant he culd leave the shelter of the Sanctuary when he wanted to. What to do?
He decided to wait for a responce.

Hey, it's my job to report the facts.

Of course, she replied dryly, however much she believed that his writings weren't actually all facts. Chenoan's hands quickly disappeared inside his pockets, but she thought she saw him holding something.

Eralyn sighed. It was no use turning him away, so she might as well get some lunch with them. Looking up, she said, There's another cafe that opened; the Cosy Cafe. We can head there. This time I'm sure it's open. I'll go by myself if neither of you want to. A meaningful nod was directed towards Thryn.

She began to walk towards the Cozy Cafe.

Xarya was still practicing her flying skills when two humans and maybe Chenoan she couldn't see properly because of the sun. It looked like they were heading for the Marketplace.

Oh well. I will keep to my flying just now

Chenoan didn't want to irratate Eralyn more than he already had. But he was getting tired and some coffee would be nice. Helooked up to see what seemed to be Xarya, still flying. "Sure, I'll go."He decided audably as he walked to catch up to Eraln and Thryn.

Aeloru walked along the edge of a very tall building - the Empire State Building, the others had called it. She smiled and looked up at the starlit sky; wind drifting quietly through her hair. Nothing could ruin this moment.

*gurgle*

She looked around with some surprise. "Sure, ruin my night." she grumbled. Aeloru looked around for a ladder.

----

Once she was on the ground, she noted with some happiness that in the distance, a small group was already headed toward what seemed to be a shop. She hastened to join them, and quickly introduced herself to an aloof human.

"Hi...I'm Aeloru. I was just enjoying the night, you know, and then I got hungry, so I thought I'd join you guys, and maybe grab a bite to eat..." She paused to catch her breath, and a terrible thought hit her. "Oh, but if you don't want me to come, and I'll just, um, turn around now..."

"Mmm, didn't realize it was closed," she mumbled, thinking. Deep in thought, she only just noticed a person come to them before she introduced herself. "Hey Aeloru! Thryn. Nice to meet ya," she said, sticking out her hand. "Er, I think you can come with us. The Cozy Cafe sounds like a great idea..."

She watched Eralyn walk toward the shop. I don't think she likes Chenoan very much, she thought as she followed her, a twisted smile on her face. Soon the door reached her view. Finally, an open foodstore.

#5 User is offline   Xanth Icon

• The Creator
  • Icon

Posted 18 August 2006 - 09:45 PM

It looked to be about 7PM. They'd better hurry soon before the cafe closed or something similar.

Eralyn winced at the sight of her grey wings. But nonetheless, she tried a perky (an extreme effort on her part) greeting. Oh...of course! I'm Eralyn. She managed a forced smile.

We're going to the cozy cafe, and you're welcome to come too.

Aeloru blinked stupidly and walked into the cafe.

Kiril Edit: Please do not post one sentence RPs. Here's a tip for lengthening posts: You could have added details and THOUGHT to Aeloru in this post.

[ooc - Yea, I totally apologize for this one; I /had/ written a much longer post, but realized after a few moments that everyone had actually moved on to the marketplace, to the Cozy Cafe, which made what I'd said completely pointless. I hadn't realized that someone had opened an actual place for us to go. x__x]

As everyone else left for food, Kaethe decided it was time for her to leave, also. Swooping of into the sky, she pumped her wings to the limit all the way back to her sanctuary.

Deciding that going back to the Sanctuary was a good idea. She followed Kaethe to the Cloud Palace

Ah.. what a wonderful day it has been.. ^^

Having left the Cozy Cafe when Aiden abandoned him without a reply, Chenoan decided to return to his roost. Apart from the roar of trafic from below, it was piecful and quiet now that the angels were gone. He went to the main platform and slightly dozed off.

Naava flew up to he main platform of the building. Having just arrived in New York she had been told that the Empire State Building was the best place to see the whole city. Seeing that the building was seemingly empty, except for a single bird, Naava sighed. "I guess it's just as well, although I was hoping to actually meet someone on my first day in town." She said whistfully. The truth inside was that she didn't really care if she met someone or not. At least, that's what she told herself.

Looking out of the edge of the building she watched the lights dance as each window lit up, and then another one went out. If someone were to have seen her they might not have been able to look away. The lights reflected in her eyes, adding to her natural beauty. "Maybe it was a mistake coming here..." She thought uneasily.

Aekya swiftly glided around the building in circles, relishing the wonderful feeling of flying, although rather awkward on her wings. She noticed the usual flurry of traffic below, and thought she detected foul car exhaust fumes. Yegh, maybe the sky's cleaner...

Ascending the heights, she soared up to the main platform and spied another bird who looked very much like Chenoan's avian form, but alas, he was sleeping and didn't seem to awake anytime soon. Then she caught notice of another being, an Angel who looked fairly uncomfortable. Apart from that, it looked like they were alone.

"Ah, hullo. I'm Aekya, I haven't seen you around before," she smiled.

Xarya flew up to where she
had practised flying before and started to practise again.

I feel freeeeeeeee!!!

Xarya flew back to sit down and
catch her breath

Good to get some exercise ^^

Xarya took out some biscuits and started nibbling on them

Hmm.. Yumm

Xarya looked around thinking somebody
was there, but shook
her head

Why do I keep thinking somebody
is watching me??

Xarya shivered

Aekya suddenly noticed a purple blur flash before her, and thought she'd heard something about "free". Hm, what was that about being free? Another being, hopefully? Chirping, she glided crookedly toward the source of the voice.

Apparently it belonged to a violet sorts of Angel, who was nibbling away at some biscuits, who seemed oddly oblivious to her surroundings. Not wanting to startle her, she decided to take a stab at shifting back into a human. She closed her eyes and concentrated, then grimaced as a painful tingle quivered through her body in the process.

Coming up behind the angel, she said softly, "Oh, I couldn't help noticing you arrived. I'm Aekya."

#6 User is offline   Xanth Icon

• The Creator
  • Icon

Posted 18 August 2006 - 09:46 PM

Hearing someone else around, she looked and turned her head to see if they were behind her and smiled at the girl towering over her, seeing sense, she stood up

As she stood up, she greeted the girl, "Hello there, I am Xarya, Xarya the Angel"

She kept on smiling and ushered at the girl, who she heard was called Aekya, to sit down next to her as she began to sit down too. She noticed that look on Aekya that 'shifters do, but to nervous to ask, since she though it was a personal question, and she had only met Aekya today.

Bringing up her voice again, she said, "Would you like a biscuit? I have plenty of them."

"Hi Xarya," she nodded. Watching her, she smiled as she kneeled down next to the angel.

"Would you like a biscuit? I have plenty of them."

"Alright, that sounds good."

Reaching over for a biscuit, she bit into the delicious roll. Mmm, they were as good as seeds. She leaned back and let the warmth of the sun hit her oddly flawed skin, tainted with a few imperfect brown feathers. Deciding to enjoy life in her human form a bit more, she decided to rack up a little small talk.

"Soo...is it interesting being an angel?"

I like Aekya, she sounds like a real friend.. And I need some friends to cheer me up these days, maybe I should ask her about being a 'shifter? Or should I not?
It is probably too personal, and we only met today...

Xarya smiled at Aekya and decided to ask her, but carefully, she didn't want to hurt her feelings when they had only just met, and she liked Aekya anyways.

Coughing on a crumb, she thumped herself on her back and started to speak "Er.. Aekya, I know this may sound a bit.. well, personal..but I was wondering, are a you a 'shifter?"

I'm in for it now!
She bit her lip and looked over across New York, wating for Aekya's reply...

She suddenly noticed the angel looked very uncomfortable, and seemed to cough on a crumb for a little bit...maybe something was on her mind? Xarya seemed nice enough...

"Er.. Aekya, I know this may sound a bit.. well, personal..but I was wondering, are a you a 'shifter?"

Smiling, she replied, "Of course, an avian one. I've always liked birds. I don't think it's very personal, it's just an ability, even though I'm not very good at it." She grinned.

Smiling at Aekya, she picked up another biscuit and offered her it.

'Here, have this biscuit too'

Finishing off her last biscuit she took off and did a little flying to warm herself up

Ahh.. the lovely breeze.......

#7 User is offline   Chenoan Icon

• Lore Master
  • Icon

Posted 09 September 2006 - 05:05 AM

Nymphadora said:

Nymphadora shifted her wings as Chenoan flew to the ground. She followed behind him repeating in her head... Don't mess up. Just land. Don't fall. Just land, just land. When she neared the ground, she spread her wings to slow her speed, and landed, eyes closed tight, with a small plop of her feet. Opening, her eyes, she saw she was standing upright, and smiled. Yay! She cheered to herself. She flashed Chenoan a grin before speaking. Im actually, not very hungry. I was eariler, but it just kind of went away. I can grab some food from home later on.

She walked closer to him, still wondering about what happened eariler. His feelings projected through his face however, and Nymphadora didn't want to pry. She'd been in situations before, and all she wanted was to keep it to herself. Until the right person to vent to came along. She decided to let him tell her when and if he wanted to. Standing there silent and kind of akwardly, she waited for him. She didn't think he was in the mood, or else she would have held his hand or something. Nymphadora looked around them, but didn't see anyone. Must be a slow day or something.

When Dora landed Chenoan looked up at her. Her grin made him smile, at least a bit. "You're sure?" He asked, walking over and putting his arm around her waist again. When Dora nodded Chenoan relented. "OK then, come with me." He said, heading towards, and through the portal with Dora a his side.

Once throught they appeared in New York City and Chenoan gained a devlish grin. [b}"Come'on Dora! Try to keep up!"[/b] He said as he shifted to his small Palid Swift form and took off. It wasn't his best form, but Chenoan could get in and out of it faster, plus he had a good deal more experience in it for flight.

Taking off Chenoan went almost imediately up. No one had been in the area near the portal when they'd come through so Chenoan took advantage of it and set off.

Going higher, and higher, and higher, Chenoan couldn't look back to see if Dora followed him, but he kept his speed low so that he could be sure she stayed near.

Finally landing on the very top of the Empire state building, Chenoan perched there and 'shifted as he waited for Dora to land.

(((All gmodding with permission)))
Posted Image
Sig and Av images: Keith Urban ~=~ Brushes: Aethereality

#8 User is offline   Nymphadora Icon

• Cuar
  • Icon

Posted 09 September 2006 - 03:03 PM

Nymphadora rose in eyebrows in shock as Chenoan shifted in New York. Even though they were in an allyway, and no one was around, you never know what could happen. His words though threw her off.

"Come'on Dora! Try to keep up!"

Nymphadora gawked at him for a moment. She yelled out after him, But, where in the middle of the city! But he was already too high up. Cringing, she looked around, making sure no one could see her. Although, once she was in the sky, that wouldn't really matter, becuase eveyone would see her. Of course it was no problem for him. He was in the shape of a regular animal. She was just a human with wings flying through the city. Not odd, not odd at all. Sighing, Nymphadora took one more glance before crouching down, spreading her wings, and lifting off. She had to beat her wings extra hard to rise at such a steep angle.

Chenoan was already so far ahead, she looked up to see him dissapear at the top of the building. Nymphadora tried not to glance around as it would have slowed her, and she just wanted to get from the ground to the top as fast as possible. Breathing a little heavily, Nymphadora flew past the last floor of the building and above the roof. Once she slowed herself down, she beat her wings slowly to land. Unlike before, the flight up was enough to wear her out a bit, and she landed in a crouching kneel position. Breathing in deeply, she stood up, and scaned the roof for Chenoan. When she turned behind her, she saw him waiting for her.

Nymphadora walked over to him with a frown on her face. One hand on her hip, she scolded. Not cool. Remember... I can't look like a bird. Peering over the edge of the building, she muttered. I sure hope no one saw me. She shot him a small look of annoyance, but it was soon wiped of her face. He was too cute. Giving him a crooked smile, she walked up to him and, while facing him, wraped her arms around his waist. Now what? She said softly.

Images Kate Beckinsale

#9 User is offline   Chenoan Icon

• Lore Master
  • Icon

Posted 09 September 2006 - 03:28 PM

When Dora embraced him his heart shot. Putting his right hand cradled on her chin and bent down slightly to kiss her. Thier lips connecting Chenoan's eyes closed as the kiss was held for a minute. After breaking the kiss, Cheenoan spoke softly. "You don't need to worry about these simpleton humans. I've been here many times before. Angels come here to fly as well as Avian 'shifters." Chenoan broke her embrace for a moment and walked towards the edge. Standing as far out as psossible, he looked out towards the sunset.
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   Nymphadora Icon

• Cuar
  • Icon

Posted 09 September 2006 - 04:05 PM

Nymphadora smiled softly when Chenoan held her face. His lips found hers, snd she closed her eyes, taking in the intense feeling of joy he was giving her. When the kiss had ended, she looked into his clear blue eyes. Such a difference in the depth of their eyes, but somehow the same.

Nymphadora breathed in slowly as he spoke to her, still so very close. Although his words were ment to ease her mind, she couldn't help but feel that flying around in New York, let alone it's tallest building, was just asking for touble. While this thought entered her mind, Chenoan brok free from her embrace and walked to the ledge of the building and sat down. She furrowed her brow, not sure why he walked away from her. She didn't know if it was what happened eariler, or what. She didn't want to disturbe him if he was upset. But his kiss... his kiss told her he was feeling something else too.

Nymphadora walked over to Chenoan and embraced him from behind, wrapping her arms around his waist, and resting her head on his shoulder. She whispered in his ear. Penny for your thoughts?

Images Kate Beckinsale

#11 User is offline   Chenoan Icon

• Lore Master
  • Icon

Posted 09 September 2006 - 06:57 PM

When Dora embraced him he placed his arms on hers.

Penny for your thoughts?

Chenoan smiled for a moment before speaking. "It's so beautiful. Almost as beautiful as you." He said, turning his body so that they faced each other. "I'm sorry about earlier. Aithe just, she was peering into things that she shouldn't have been." He said looking down and away slightly.

Looking back towards Dora's face, he remembered she had wanted to tell him something. "What was it you needed to tell me Dora?" He saked her, looking deep into her eyes.
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   Nymphadora Icon

• Cuar
  • Icon

Posted 09 September 2006 - 09:46 PM

Nymphadora blushed at his compliment. She never really thought of herself that way. Probably because of her nymph blood. When Chenoan went on about what had happened eariler, Nymphadora wanted to know more. He'd been vague, and it intrigued her when her looked away from her as if he was shy. She was about to say somthing more about it, when he asked her a question.

"What was it you needed to tell me Dora?"

Nymphadora felt her heart thud, then skip a beat. Heat automatically rose to her face, and she turned away from Chenoan. She hadn't expected him to ask so quickly. As much as she wanted to tell him, she was afraid he'd look at her differently. How can you tell someone you killed your own sister, and have them feel the same way toward you? They wouldn't. Still looking away from him, her heart thudding fast in her chest, she mumbled. Oh.. that. Umm... She let her words trail off, as she lost contact with Chenoan, her arms dropping to her side. She tried to think of how to say this.

Images Kate Beckinsale

#13 User is offline   Chenoan Icon

• Lore Master
  • Icon

Posted 10 September 2006 - 02:19 AM

When Dora broke awaythere seemed to be more going on than met the eye. Chenoan walked up to Dora and placed his right hand on her right shoulder from behind. "What's wrong Dora? I think we have something, but if we're gonna ake it work, we need to be honest with each other. He said, stepping closer to her and placing his let hand on her remaining shoulder.

Stepping even closer Chenoan walked up to where there bodies fully met. Bending his neckso his mouth hit her ear, Chenoa whispered. "Please tell me." He wanted to say 2 other words, but he couldn't, not yet. they barely knew each other right now. How could Chenoan tell Dora that he felt more for her than he'd ever felt for anyone ever before. How could he tell her he loved her?
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   Nymphadora Icon

• Cuar
  • Icon

Posted 10 September 2006 - 02:35 AM

Nymphadora closed her eyes when Chenoans entire body length pressed against hers. Her heart began to thud for another reason all togther, though she was still scared inside. Her hands began to tremble lightly, and she moved away from his sweet embrace. Turning to face him, she put a good foot of distance between them, and looked him right in the eyes. She stood like that for a minute, her eyes searching his for any sign of compassion.

Nymphadora breathed in deeply, and looked down at the ground. She was about to open her mouth and tell him, but she forced herself to look up again. She needed to see his reaction. Because if it was to be how she assumed, she wouldn't hesitate in jumping of the building and flying far, far away. Reaching out, she took his hand softly, hers still trembling from fear. When she spoke, her voice was hardly audible. Remember w-when I told you my sister died? Well I-I wasn't compleatly truthful. I mean... she's dead... but... Nymphadore paused and naturally looked toward the ground. She caught herself however, and forced herself to look back up into Chenoan's eyes. Chen... I killed her. The admition itself was all it took for her tears to break free from her eyes. She peered into Chenoan's for any sign of understanding.

Images Kate Beckinsale

#15 User is offline   Chenoan Icon

• Lore Master
  • Icon

Posted 10 September 2006 - 03:06 AM

Chenoan listened to Dora and his heart stopped as her tears flowed. Chenoan instinctivly rushed forward and embraced her. "shh, it's OK." He whispered, running his hand through Dora's hair. "With such emotion and obvious regret, it couldn't have been intentional, could it?" Chenoan thought, trying to reassure himself while he comforted Dora.

Bringing his head down Chenoan continued to try to calm Dora. "It's not like it was intentional, I'm sure no one blames you." He said, trying to comfort her. he was sure he was doing a bad job, not to mention asuming too many things, but Dora couldn't have intentionally killed her sister. Could she have? Chenoan's mind raced as he hoped Dora would confirm his hopes, and not his fears.
Posted Image

#16 User is offline   Nymphadora Icon

• Cuar
  • Icon

Posted 10 September 2006 - 03:21 AM

If his had been a moment of pure passion and love, instead of a moment of sadness and pain, Nymphadora's heart would have surged with imense feelings. Instead she felt it break as the emotion of her sister came flooding back into her heart and mind. As Chenoan held her tight, trying to sooth her cries, Nymphadora let her tears fall freely until they all ran out. During this time, she heard his concerns, which had givin her yet another spurge of tears. She knew it wasn't on purpose, but he was holding her, unsure. When she calmed down to the point of a sniffle here and there, she stayed close in his embrace, and looked up into his kindhearted eyes. At that moment, Nymphadora was sure she'd never feel for anyone, the way she felt for Chenoan.

I didn't do i-it on purpose. We had a horrible fight, and it got out of control. I tried to s-save her, i did. I tried. I... Nymphadora buried her face in his chect and let out the few final tears she had. She hoped he'd understand. She hoped.

Images Kate Beckinsale

#17 User is offline   Chenoan Icon

• Lore Master
  • Icon

Posted 10 September 2006 - 03:44 AM

Chenoan kept his embrace on Dora tight. When she said it was an accident Chenoan was surged with relief. Somehow Chenoan had known she wouldn't kill someone on purpose. He wasn't sure how, but Chenoan just knew.

Making the embrace tighter for a moment, Chenoan then released. "It wasn't intentional, that's all I need to know. Don't beat yourself up for this, please? I'm sure your sister wouldn't want you to." Chenoan said with a caringly sympathetic smile on his face. Looking into Dora's eyes he just knew this was right.

Embracing Dora onc again Chenoan smiled and whispered into her ear. "I know I don't want you to."
Posted Image

#18 User is offline   Nymphadora Icon

• Cuar
  • Icon

Posted 10 September 2006 - 03:56 AM

Nymphadora unburied her face and looked up at Chenoan. He was being so caring and kind to her. Yet at the same time, he didn't truly know. There was so much more to be said. But she was glad the big shock was over. Then again, he didn't know she was really rogue. Or that she had another little secret. On that thought, she twisted the silver ring on her hand within her clenched fist. That would have to be something she'd never be able to tell him... or it would take a long while.

Chenoans smile sent shivers down her spine. When she felt his warm breath near her ear, she closed her eyes and just, felt the emotion. She opened her eyes, and reached her hand up to his face, cradling his cheek. She then ran it through his soft hair to the back of his head. Lifting on her toes, she reached up tilting her chin, and pulled him down towards her. When their lips met, she closed her eyes, and pressed herself up against his chest, urging him to hold her tighter.

Images Kate Beckinsale

#19 User is offline   Chenoan Icon

• Lore Master
  • Icon

Posted 10 September 2006 - 05:48 PM

When Dora kissed Chenoan yet again his eyes went wide for a moent before he closed them happily. Bringing his arms in tighter he lifted Dora off the ground and savored the moment for as long as possible. When he started running out of oxygen Chenoan started to lower Dora and pulled his lips away.

Looking at Dora, and then at the horizon, he realised it would be pitch black outside in an hour or so. "Dora, it's getting late, we need to go." Chenoan said softly. "I'd like to stay longer, but it's impossible for me to fly in the dark. I'm sorry, maybe we can meet tomorrow?"
Posted Image

#20 User is offline   Nymphadora Icon

• Cuar
  • Icon

Posted 10 September 2006 - 11:30 PM

Nymphadora felt Chenoans powerful embrace take her closer and lift her up duing their kiss. She practically melted into his rms. Wrapping her arms wroung his neck to help with her weight, she kissed him back just as deeply. When their kiss had ended, Nymphadora felt like a part of her was taken away. And she despratly wanted it back.

Chenoan looked out over the view, something which Nymphadora hadn't actually done yet. Following his gaze, she had to admit, the view was amazing. She didn't mind the city, she could pretty much get along anywhere. And with the sun setting behind it, lighting up with sky with amazing colors, it was a perfect view. She looked back at Chenoan and smiled. This is even better She thought.

When Chenoan spoke, Nymphadora nodded. She couldn't very well object, although she wanted to with every ounce of her being. The thought of just staying human, and enjoying the stars, then walking home entered her mind, but she decided againt airing her opinion. Not only couldn't he fly, but he was the Alpha. He probably needed to be back to the grove and be a leader.

The Grove It had been so long since she last was there. In fact, the last time she had made an apperance there, was when she first meet Chenoan, before the great quest. She knew it wasn't too terribly long, but long enough to make a difference. She'd tried to stay away before, not wanting to bother with other nymphs. But after all the help Castalia gave her, and the kindness she'd shown, Nymphadora didn't know how she felt anymore. Her body as a mixture of insane emotions. She never really know which one was going to make an apperance.

Nymphadora looked into Chenoan's eyes after shaking her thoughts free. It was going to be hard for her to say bye, but he needed to leave. Ok. I'd love to meet with you tomarrow. If you just want to swing by my house... i should be there. Nymphadora then remembered the carnival. It had been set up to celebrate the end of the quest, and the opening of a underground club. It actually sounded like it could be fun. Maybe we could go the carnival? Nymphadora paused then looked over the side of the building. The light was quickly fading. Well, I better let you go. Its getting dark out quick. See you tomarrow then? She asked hopeful.

Images Kate Beckinsale

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked